Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 184228 times)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 07:09:56 pm »
Woodburn startng tonight for Sheffield United in League Cup.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 08:17:24 pm »
They're already on the brink of a mini-crisis.

Would be a shame for the lad if it pans out like that...

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2018, 08:41:50 pm »
Watched my local team Donny Rovers on Saturday, Herbie Kane played the full 90 and they won 3-0. Very good, composed game from him. He didn’t have much to do as Wycombe were awful, but he did all the simple things right and was unlucky to not score from a free kick. My Donny supporting mates seem to think he’ll start most games for them.

Offline Talking Reds

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2018, 09:05:14 pm »
Anyone know what position he's been playing for them?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 09:11:01 pm »
Shamal George in goal tonight for Tranmere, currently getting beat by League 1 side Walsall 3-0. Tranmere tend not to do well in cup competitions, focusing on the league campaign instead.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 09:13:13 pm »
Wilson played 67 minutes for Derby before being replaced. Derby lead 1-0 against Oldham.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2018, 12:29:41 pm »
BBC suggests their first was from a harry FK which the keeper palmed into his own net

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2018, 12:35:59 pm »
Anyone know what position he's been playing for them?

The bench mostly
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 12:40:30 pm »
BBC suggests their first was from a harry FK which the keeper palmed into his own net

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWij909f9o

This seem to be the match highlights, think it was him taking the free kick. He also looked dangerous on a few occasions. Woodburn scored a penalty in the shootout before they went out to Hull...

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 03:16:51 pm »
The first goal wasn't parried into the net from the highlights, but it looks like a legit assist for Harry Wilson from his free-kick.

There was another time when Harry was out alone on the right and had he squared it would've been a goal and 2nd assist, but he went for goal himself (probably for his 1st goal for Derby) and narrowly missed the target.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2018, 11:05:55 am »
Gruijic supposedly off to Herta Berlin on a year’s loan.  Seems to be signing a contract extension
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2018, 01:14:57 pm »
Gruijic supposedly off to Herta Berlin on a year’s loan.  Seems to be signing a contract extension
Good news. Seemed like a tricky one to resolve

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2018, 01:15:47 pm »
Wilson not in Derby squad at all yesterday. Is he injured? Seemed like he was doing ok for them up until then.

Meanwhile Woodburn hooked at HT for Sheff Utd.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2018, 02:24:32 pm »

thats where allan went to one of his loans. didnt actually played much. Maybe grujic will as he is more advanced in his development. Signed a new contract with us too. Seems like every player loaned out have been offered an extension. Pretty smart business wise.

derby seem to be struggling abit under lampard. lets hope they turn things around for the sake of lampard managerial career and wilson's development. A struggling club tends to revert to the normal when things getting hard. "Seasoned hardened" pros like how the pundits like to call it. And those "pros" are the one getting relegated time and time again.

Ejaria and Kent starting for Rangers under gerrard. Kent getting some praise about his smooth style with the ball but mentioned by the commentary looking lost when the game is in hustle and bustle mode.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2018, 10:22:47 pm »

derby seem to be struggling abit under lampard. lets hope they turn things around for the sake of lampard managerial career and wilson's development. A struggling club tends to revert to the normal when things getting hard. "Seasoned hardened" pros like how the pundits like to call it. And those "pros" are the one getting relegated time and time again.
The player who replaced Wilson in the team only joined this summer so it can't be reverting to the norm. Wilson was subbed off for him last league game also.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2018, 11:21:44 am »
Update from official site - Ben Woodburn made his first Championship start for Sheffield United on Saturday and helped his loan club to a 2-1 victory over Norwich City.

Liverpool youngster Woodburn, who played 120 minutes of the Blades’ League Cup penalty shootout defeat by Hull City last Tuesday, featured for the first half of the game at Bramall Lane.

His fellow Wales international Harry Wilson missed Derby County’s 2-1 loss at Millwall, though, due to a ‘small muscle injury’.

In Scotland, Ovie Ejaria and Ryan Kent both completed the full match as Steven Gerrard’s Rangers maintained their unbeaten start to the campaign with a 3-1 League Cup win at Kilmarnock.

Elsewhere, Herbie Kane played for an hour as Doncaster Rovers lost 1-0 to Burton Albion - their first reverse of the season - while Taiwo Awoniyi’s Gent won 3-2 against AS Eupen, with the striker involved for the opening 45 minutes.

Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2018, 03:51:50 pm »
Soon to be Karius on loan watch. 2 years.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2018, 04:05:53 pm »
Soon to be Karius on loan watch. 2 years.
2 years 2 million euros for Liverpool and 1.4m a year for Karius i read in Beşiktaş sources, sounds a bit low though.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2018, 05:29:41 pm »
It's ruthless at the top. 
dios esta buena

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 06:13:49 pm »
Okay, I'm back home. Update on the past couple of weeks.

Harry Wilson - Derby - Played 61 minutes as Derby suffered a 4-1 home defeat to Leeds, and then a further 67 minutes in a 2-0 away win at Oldham in the League Cup, a game in which he picked up an assist. He missed the loss at Millwall this weekend but was back in training yesterday so could be included in the squad for tonight's game vs Ipswich.
Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - The games have been coming thick and fast for Rangers with Ejaria playing quite a lot. They've played 5 games since the last update (2 league games, 2 Europa games, and a League Cup game), of which Ejaria has started 4 and was subbed on in the other. They have one more round of qualifying to go (vs Ufa) before being in the group stages of the Europa League, which would be great for his and Kent's developments, and Gerrard's too of course.
Ryan Kent - Rangers - Much of the above also applies to Kent, except he has started 3 of the past 5 games instead of Ejaria's 4. He also assisted the opening goal in the 3-1 Europa win vs Maribor.
Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - Has started all 4 of Gent's games since the last update and scored his first goal for them in a 3-1 win vs Jagiellonia in Europa qualifying. Unfortunately, they've drawn Bordeaux in the final qualifying stage so it's going to be a tough final step to get into the group stages. Also, the young striker behind Awoniyi in the pecking order (Jonathan David) has scored 3 goals in 3 sub appearances so far, so hopefully Taiwo will soon start scoring as frequently as he did in the second half of last season. 
Allan - Frankfurt - Was an unused sub as Frankfurt lost 2-1 to fourth tier side Ulm and were eliminated in the first round of the DFB Pokal (essentially the FA Cup). Didn't make the squad for the 5-0 Super Cup loss to Bayern. Sounds like its been a lovely start to the season for them!
Shamal George - Tranmere - Looks like he will be playing back up to Scott Davies for the season. Did start in the League Cup against Walsall but they lost 3-1 which will unfortunately limit his game time even further.
Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - Struggling with a hip injury. Did start in the 3-0 loss to Molde which eliminated Hibs from the Europa League, but has missed the match day squads for all other games over the past 3 weeks.
Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - Mostly been a sub but did start the past 2 games, a 1-1 draw with Hull in the League Cup (in which he scored a pen in the losing shoot out), and a 2-1 home win against Norwich, although he was subbed off at half time there.
Herbie Kane - Doncaster - Started all 3 of Doncaster's games since the last update, picking up an assist in the 3-0 home win vs Wycombe.
Anderson Arroyo - Mallorca B - Can't find a lot of information on him. There are some tweets in Spanish that seem to be saying he is coming back to Liverpool, but can't find anything from our end.
Danny Ings - Southampton - Scored on his first start in a 2-1 loss to Everton at the weekend.
Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - His first game as a Hertha player will be at home to Nurnberg this weekend.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2018, 06:48:58 pm »

Danny Ings - Southampton - Scored on his first start in a 2-1 loss to Everton at the weekend.
He's not coming back...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2018, 07:06:50 pm »
Work with a Sheffield Utd fan at work who's not at all impressed with Woodburn. Shame, thought he was alright

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2018, 07:13:54 pm »
Work with a Sheffield Utd fan at work who's not at all impressed with Woodburn. Shame, thought he was alright

I reckon i'd give him more than just a handful of games like. He's only 18, he might get better!

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2018, 09:14:43 pm »
Harry Wilson still sidelined by a groin injury, not in squad vs Ipswich, also missed match vs Millwall.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2018, 09:58:07 pm »

Do you think the minutes he has had for the Blades outweigh his achievements to date?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2018, 10:03:06 pm »

I'd probably tell the silly prick that judging an 18 year old after 129 minutes of football is the height if idiocy. Probably closely followed by giving any weight to said judgement and repeating it to others.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2018, 12:35:54 pm »
Another 90 mins for Kane last night in Doncaster's 0-0 draw at home to Shrewsbury.

George on the bench again for Tranmere who also drew 0-0.

And as posted above Wilson still out with injury for Derby, who unfortunately didn't draw 0-0. They won 2-0.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2018, 02:12:20 pm »
He's not coming back...

JC can do whatever he wants. This work should be praised not critiqued.

I for one want the best for Danny. I like hearing news about him. Also, the loan isn’t guaranteed. It will be good to know how it is going.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2018, 09:25:33 pm »
I'd probably tell the silly prick that judging an 18 year old after 129 minutes of football is the height if idiocy. Probably closely followed by giving any weight to said judgement and repeating it to others.
Yeah, still very young. Only 18, and the Championship is such a tough league. Hooked at HT last weekend, so he was obviously struggling, but the education he's getting will hopefully do him good in the long run.

Yeah we'd all prefer if he was already making a name for himself, but hopefully the Sheff Utd boss is willing to manage him carefully and he turns it around.

Let's not forget though, for every Trent or Sterling, there are dozens of Spearing/Darby/Rossiter/Flanagan/Coady/Welsh/Potter/Newby/Partridge/etc etc who don't make the grade for limitless combinations of various different reasons.

Woodburn isn't that big and he isn't that fast. He has a big, big task in front of him.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2018, 08:42:15 pm »
Ejaria bossing the midfield for Rangers against FC Ufa so far

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2018, 08:48:10 pm »
Ejaria bossing the midfield for Rangers against FC Ufa so far

Great. Any cues on how Kent is about?

Awoniyi is playing for Gent as well.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2018, 10:06:56 pm »
Great. Any cues on how Kent is about?

Awoniyi is playing for Gent as well.

Kent was pretty lively first half but a bit quieter second, ended up being subbed off about 15 before the end for a guy named Middleton who looked pretty good, was getting at his full back a lot more.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2018, 10:11:02 pm »
Kent was pretty lively first half but a bit quieter second, ended up being subbed off about 15 before the end for a guy named Middleton who looked pretty good, was getting at his full back a lot more.

Cheers

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2018, 09:44:03 am »
What brilliant experience Ejaria is getting.  His confidence must be through the roof.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2018, 04:42:51 pm »
Bristol City's manager admitting that they are probably not in Liverpool's good books regards loans:

Speaking to the Bristol Post, Johnson said: "I think this club has a good reputation with the top clubs - apart from probably with Liverpool at the moment, we're not in their good books - but as a general rule we've always looked after everybody's players and they've gone on to do well.

Johnson's comments are believed to be in reference to Ryan Kent's loan move to Ashton Gate in January, which saw the Reds winger make just 10 Championship appearances, much to Jurgen Klopp's frustration.

Liverpool sent Kent to Bristol City in the hope of seeing the 21-year-old earn more playing time and reportedly fined the Robins for failing to play Kent regularly enough during his loan spell.

The Reds have since become more selective when it comes to loan destinations and Klopp has apparently agreed a unique deal with Rangers because he trusts Anfield legend Steven Gerrard to give game time to players who arrive from Liverpool.

Kent has since moved to Ibrox on a season-long loan.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/bristol-city-liverpool-loan-196509

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2018, 04:53:20 pm »
Klopp has apparently agreed a unique deal with Rangers because he trusts Anfield legend Steven Gerrard to give game time to players who arrive from Liverpool.

Kent has since moved to Ibrox on a season-long loan.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/bristol-city-liverpool-loan-196509
To be honest, if feels as if Rangers have got Gerrard on loan.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2018, 08:33:40 pm »
To be honest, if feels as if Rangers have got Gerrard on loan.
That's probably not a bad shout mate.  Not he's there on loan but that our unique agreement with them gave Stevie an opportunity to get a minimum 3 better players on loan than other Scottish clubs could, without a financial outlay.

He knows our academy players very well, better than other managers looking at loans from us and they know him too.

In effect we've given him a bit of a head start on his rivals and in his new career, though ultimately it's still down to him to put it all together in the pitch.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2018, 01:48:31 am »
ejaria for Rangers vs Ufa all touch.

https://youtu.be/zRUvy7M25Ls
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2018, 05:24:46 am »