Author Topic: PL: Swansea (1 41' Mawson) Liverpool (0) 22/1/18  (Read 94843 times)

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
Re: PL: Swansea (1 41' Mawson) Liverpool (0) 22/1/18
« Reply #1240 on: January 23, 2018, 11:18:34 am »
We really need to improve on attacking set pieces. Salah's delivery was very poor and after AOC was substituted, we did not have a chance worth mentioning from corners.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: January 23, 2018, 11:23:03 am »
Van Djik was superb last night. It may look like he had f**k all to do, but one of the reasons top centre halves are top centre halves is that they can stop an attack early without having to make last minute tackle or win a header, Have a look, so many times last night he was organising and moving into a position so that Swansea had nowhere to go and had to go back.
He'll' have tougher games of course, but having some calmness , organisation and a centre half who is a threat going forward is great to see

Offline Tooter

• Main Stander
« Reply #1242 on: January 23, 2018, 11:23:41 am »
I'd honestly rather try Lovren with VVD right now. Matip must be the most infuriating CB I've ever known, just so meek in both boxes.

When Matip was injured for long periods he was a worldie and would've made the difference to our season according to many. It was the same for Sakho. We have a habit of blowing smoke up the arses of pretty average players (in their absence).

I think VVD is a move in the right direction, but we need 3 more new faces in defense if we want to do anything more than simply challenge for top 4. 

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: January 23, 2018, 11:26:00 am »
Don't get this to be honest, we've only lost three all season in the league and only once to a "lesser team".

How is that familiar?

It was unacceptable, it was depressing, but it was clearly a blip and a one off game. Onwards.

How many times over the past few years have we done the business against a top club only to throw away all that good work in the very next game against a side we should be beating?

You don't just go from beating the top of the table club to losing against the bottom of the table club.  It's a continuing sign that there is still some fundamental fatal flaw in our squad that successive managers have failed to address.  This isn't a Klopp thing, and I can only hope he's getting a handle on how to finally fix it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1244 on: January 23, 2018, 11:27:48 am »
We could be more optimistic than that. This was the first 'bad' defeat of the season in the PL. Losing to City and Spurs is nothing to be worried about. Our problem has been games like vs Swansea, but this season we have only lost one of those. The game yesterday. We're on 13-8-3 after 24 games. 47 points. To be in the race for the title, we should be at something like 16-4-4 or 52 points at this stage. 47 vs 52 is not too bad. We're talking two draws being converted to wins and yesterday being a draw. We have reason to be optimistic. If other teams have seasons like last (Chelsea) or this (City), it's exceptional and there's not much we can do.

My concern is if we can't get the basic job done (52 points at this stage) ourselves. We are there, but we are not that far off either. We can still get ~85 points this season. It won't be enough for the title, but it would give us confidence that we can compete, that it's down to other teams being exceptional rather than our own ability if we are to challenge.

I think we'd need quite a few new players to win the league, you can try and put a positive spin on things but I think the truth is we are team capable of challenging for the top 4 but that's the limit for this side. It's not a disgrace or anything but we need to be honest with ourselves

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: January 23, 2018, 11:31:33 am »
Don't get this to be honest, we've only lost three all season in the league and only once to a "lesser team".

How is that familiar?

It was unacceptable, it was depressing, but it was clearly a blip and a one off game. Onwards.
chelsea lost at palace when palace had no points, arsenal lost at Bournemouth and stoke so to think it’s just us that has this shit to deal with is just plain wrong

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1246 on: January 23, 2018, 11:34:01 am »
Van Djik was superb last night. It may look like he had f**k all to do, but one of the reasons top centre halves are top centre halves is that they can stop an attack early without having to make last minute tackle or win a header, Have a look, so many times last night he was organising and moving into a position so that Swansea had nowhere to go and had to go back.
He'll' have tougher games of course, but having some calmness , organisation and a centre half who is a threat going forward is great to see

You could hear how vocal he was last night,the 'get out' came thro very loud & clear even on the tv.
Defo a natural,last night was a stroll really but did almost everything right bar a couple of skewed clearances.
Unlucky with that glancing header & pretty sure it was him who dinked a beauty to Salah only to be blazed over.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1247 on: January 23, 2018, 11:40:55 am »
Thank goodness for Kyle Edmund. Pushed us off the front page (and he's a Red).

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: January 23, 2018, 11:42:08 am »
You could hear how vocal he was last night,the 'get out' came thro very loud & clear even on the tv.
Defo a natural,last night was a stroll really but did almost everything right bar a couple of skewed clearances.
Unlucky with that glancing header & pretty sure it was him who dinked a beauty to Salah only to be blazed over.

Yeah, that's a massively important part of a centre backs game, or at least having 1 who does that.  Just like having a commanding keeper really helps the defense, having a defender like that will really help a keeper.
It was him yeah, what a ball !  eve right at the end, I was waiting for him to blast the ball at the keeper, but he put it on a plate for Firmino.
I really liked what I saw, and will just get better.

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #1249 on: January 23, 2018, 11:43:43 am »
Beat the TOP team in one week and lost to the bottom team the next week. Really cannot make out what went wrong. Is it because we were complacent? Trying to score scissor kick  or volley goals when standing on yr feet to tuck it away seem easier? First half was like a Sunday kickabout at the park. Totally not committed. By the time Swansea scored and started to park the bus, it was already too hard to break them down.

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1250 on: January 23, 2018, 11:47:13 am »
Bit of an off day for us. We were pretty crap to be fair. But it happens. We've got an exciting (ha ha) FA Cup game on at a fucking stupid time on a Saturday to 'look forward to' - I hate TV.

What a bellend time for a kick-off.

We lost. Stop sulking. Get over it. Overall we're doing very well but if you can't cope with the odd bollocks display you're watching the wrong sport.

But we sold Coutinho! GRRRR! We'd be winning the league by now if we hadn't sold him!

I'm secretly happy we lost because it gives me a reason to pour out the anger i have inside me caused by the capitalist society i live in.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AaH2wF8GNJI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AaH2wF8GNJI</a>
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1251 on: January 23, 2018, 11:50:01 am »
Just to add the the general aire of despair.

Firstly Swansea worked their socks off and defended deep very well. In their posistion cant blame them , they doubled up on Salah and Mane every time the ball went near them , Goally had a good game and they took there chance when it came to them...however a Liverpool on fire would have scored,  a Liverpool playing below par was a recipe for disaster...front three not as deadly as usual, midfield not a creative force in a game like this and often left to defenders to open things up and lets face it not their strenghts. All in all ..Poo!

Another thing is when a team is on a roll like we where I dont think and big period between games helps...couldnt be helped as we decided to opt out the League cup this year....but when on fire you need to keep playing.

Top 4 is well within us...but this is it now no more' resting players' best team everygame and prepare for lots of teams to fancy their chances after last night by parking the bus ( no change in approach for many  I guess)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:52:13 am by FlashingBlade »

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #1252 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:18 am »
Was a poor disjointed performance. Looked sloppy from minute one. They worked hard but we were  poor and missed a couple of chances that would have changed things.
Move on.Opportunity for a nice buffer of points chucked away, need to regroup and play better now.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: January 23, 2018, 12:00:46 pm »
we should go 3 at back against park the bus teams .. taa and either robbo or moreno wings backs

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: January 23, 2018, 12:28:03 pm »
It sometimes seems as if the amount of possession we have is inversely proportionate to our chance of winning.

Gegenpressing is fantastic and we seem to be close to cracking that, but we need to improve in possession and the key to that in my opinion is patience.

if a team is going to surrender possession then we need to make sure we are passing the ball about far closer to their goal. To break down a side that sits that deep you need to play short quick one-touch passes and loads of width from your fullbacks. In possession team should pretty much be like this:

LB LW CF RW RB
     CM     CM
         CM     
   CB       CB

You need to move the opposition from side to side and look to play your wide forwards and fullbacks in behind. What you should not do under any circumstances is bloody shoot constantly from 30 fucking yards or float crosses into a crowded box.

We should be perfectly set up for this with a CF like Firmino and quick tricky wingers like Mane and Salah. TAA has to be the RB over Gomez in these situations. I would even have Henderson or Milner in there to be honest and that is not a criticism of Gomez. He just is not and never will be an attacking fullback.

VVD should be a big help as well as he has the ability to step up and essentially function as the deepest midfielder too. 
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: January 23, 2018, 12:32:12 pm »
Beaten first place last week followed by a loss to last place? Typical Liverpool...
Believer

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: January 23, 2018, 12:33:07 pm »
All things considered what rotten luck that none of those shots or headers went in. Rotten, I tell you.  >:(
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1257 on: January 23, 2018, 12:41:10 pm »
It sometimes seems as if the amount of possession we have is inversely proportionate to our chance of winning.

Gegenpressing is fantastic and we seem to be close to cracking that, but we need to improve in possession and the key to that in my opinion is patience.

if a team is going to surrender possession then we need to make sure we are passing the ball about far closer to their goal. To break down a side that sits that deep you need to play short quick one-touch passes and loads of width from your fullbacks. In possession team should pretty much be like this:

LB LW CF RW RB
     CM     CM
         CM     
   CB       CB

You need to move the opposition from side to side and look to play your wide forwards and fullbacks in behind. What you should not do under any circumstances is bloody shoot constantly from 30 fucking yards or float crosses into a crowded box.

We should be perfectly set up for this with a CF like Firmino and quick tricky wingers like Mane and Salah. TAA has to be the RB over Gomez in these situations. I would even have Henderson or Milner in there to be honest and that is not a criticism of Gomez. He just is not and never will be an attacking fullback.

VVD should be a big help as well as he has the ability to step up and essentially function as the deepest midfielder too.

There were many instances last night where we passed between their first line of defence & the lack of urgency or willingness to overlap prevented what were good direct balls from deep causing trouble for Swansea,that was the most frustrating part of our performance for me.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:50 pm »

The team had no spark, midfield was lacking in imagination and pedestrian-

The quality of delivery from full-back was poor, TAA for Gomez was a change I wanted to see at half time-

Overall, it was midfield that was our biggest weakness, we just didn't move the ball quickly enough and we were too obvious/ponderous at times on the ball -

I wouldn't mind seeing Keita being brought in early and see if Gini can play the #6 role with Keita @ #8 and Lallana/OX at #10

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1259 on: January 23, 2018, 12:48:40 pm »
It is familiar and our current Achilles heel. We know what we are capable of but still struggle to be motivated against the lower ranked teams. You can predict the outcome of our games within the first 15mins, you sense the lack of tempo, urgency and see the disjointed movement when the opposition have everyone behind the ball.

It was interesting how everyone was happy to declare that we could cope without Coutinho after last week but in reality he is always missed more in these type of games than against better opposition where we are allowed more space and freedom.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1260 on: January 23, 2018, 12:53:04 pm »
we should go 3 at back against park the bus teams .. taa and either robbo or moreno wings backs

I think last night was a good example of needing moreno and TAA against teams that sit really deep. Both have bags of pace and can take defenders on. Robertson, as good as he is and has been recently, seemed to stop when the ball came to him and rarely took his man on. Gomez was similar.

I have to say though, fair play to swansea who defended pretty well and worked their socks off. They deserved something out of the game
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: January 23, 2018, 12:58:54 pm »

Sigh.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: January 23, 2018, 12:59:18 pm »
There were many instances last night where we passed between their first line of defence & the lack of urgency or willingness to overlap prevented what were good direct balls from deep causing trouble for Swansea,that was the most frustrating part of our performance for me.

You know what, I have just been watching the highlights back and I think we actually did do a lot of those things I want really well.

Passing from defence was quite good. I think we need more quality on the ball in the midfield. In particular our short passing. Agree that we need more on the overlap from fullbacks and CMs making runs into the box as well. Don't understand why he didn't play TAA at RB. We didn't half miss some sitters. I can't believe that Firmino header didn't go in and Salah should have scored at least one of his as well.

Sigh. I am less worried than I was. I have said for a few years now that we need more quality in midfield. We need another one in addition to Keita and a quality back up CF too. Goes without saying we need a better goalie of course.

Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: January 23, 2018, 01:04:43 pm »
It is familiar and our current Achilles heel. We know what we are capable of but still struggle to be motivated against the lower ranked teams. You can predict the outcome of our games within the first 15mins, you sense the lack of tempo, urgency and see the disjointed movement when the opposition have everyone behind the ball.

It was interesting how everyone was happy to declare that we could cope without Coutinho after last week but in reality he is always missed more in these type of games than against better opposition where we are allowed more space and freedom.

Yep, I do have to wonder why is it that the team looked so listless even from the first few minutes, it's like they gave up as soon as they saw a team intent on defending with a low block.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: January 23, 2018, 01:06:35 pm »

I find that he actually performs better against opposition that gives him more space and freedom. He's also a master at starting counterattacks, which did not apply last night. And he's notoriously ineffective against opposition with sitting two banks of four (or 5-4-1) as they generally cut off his shooting lanes quite easily. He's only effective as the late man into the box if our forwards are able to break into the box to effect play in numbers. He's also known to force the play too much sometimes by running down blind alleys.

If you looked at last night on the whole, I would think that the free kick was tailor made for him. Otherwise, I don't see how he would have made a big difference.

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1265 on: January 23, 2018, 01:09:29 pm »
I think last night was a good example of needing moreno and TAA against teams that sit really deep. Both have bags of pace and can take defenders on. Robertson, as good as he is and has been recently, seemed to stop when the ball came to him and rarely took his man on. Gomez was similar.

I have to say though, fair play to swansea who defended pretty well and worked their socks off. They deserved something out of the game

I'm in agreement with you in that Swansea deserved their win last night, they took their chance and defended really well. Whilst we struggled to create, defended poorly on one of the few occasions we had to defend and looked lethargic.

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1266 on: January 23, 2018, 01:09:45 pm »

A week ago (snip)

18 games unbeaten, 4th in the league, in good position in the champs... a team exploited our weakness

... anyone can beat anyone. It has happened to other top 4 teams and now it has happened to us.

we need to stay behind the team

Brilliantly balanced post. Thank you.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: January 23, 2018, 01:19:35 pm »
Decent amount of bollocks being talked on here ... And by their manager

We played about as bad as we can play and still had more than enough chances to win it. After 18 unbeaten we were due one of those
How we react next time is what counts

Can't be playing can and wijnaldam together against the bus parkers though - should know that by now

Agree with all of this. 

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: January 23, 2018, 01:24:35 pm »
There is a Swansea

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #1269 on: January 23, 2018, 01:33:22 pm »
If you looked at last night on the whole, I would think that the free kick was tailor made for him. Otherwise, I don't see how he would have made a big difference.

He was our best player at finding space between the lines and unlock the last line of defence.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: January 23, 2018, 01:38:31 pm »
Why would losing a midfielder/attacker and adding a CB help? Our full-backs were already playing high up.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: January 23, 2018, 01:41:58 pm »
Many will bemoan the loss of Coutinho as the reason for the team performance we seen last night. Yes, had he been playing there's a good chance we would not have lost that match as we were in desperate need of a traditional no.10, someone capable not only of exploiting the limited space between the lines but also of testing the keeper from range, something we struggled with last night and what is essential when teams defend deep like Swansea did. However, I can't understand why Klopp chose not to start Lallana in the middle alongside Can and either the OX or Wijnaldum, he's the only player we have who plays in a similar way to Coutinho; seamlessly comfortable in shifting the ball to either left or right foot and always looking to penetrate in behind, be it with a clever pass or incisive run. He would have had much more of an impact on the match had he started.

I also think Emre Can is a centre-back who can play at centre mid, not a centre mid who can play centre-back, at this level anyway playing week in and week out in the Prem. I'd like to see him on the right of a back 3, with Robertson and Arnold in the wing-back positions. Sometimes it's not necessarily about playing your best players, but playing the system best suited to the opposition, and last night was a classic example of this. Alongside a no.10 type player who has the ability to pass the ball between an organised, deep lying team, we needed width last night and only Robertson was providing that. Gomez tried but again, his limitations at full back are beginning to appear playing regularly in that position. Personally, I don't think we should be that arsed about his mistakes just yet as what Klopp is doing with Gomez is very much reminding me of what Rafa did with Gerrard at right mid/right wing in his early days here, he's trying to improve Gomez's all round game, especially one on one situations. But with Mane & Salah predominately drifting inside, especially when they're played on the left and right respectively, it seems as a team we lack width and are still learning how best to move 'a parked bus'. We're definitely improving in this area, especially at home this season, but we're still a long way from perfection.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1272 on: January 23, 2018, 01:42:44 pm »
After watching the highlights, it looks like we had plenty of chances to score if it weren't for a poor shot/poor final ball. For their goal, VVD had to get through his own players to head the ball away, which explains why he didn't get much purchase on it, and Joe Gomez, who was marking Mawson, turned around to look at the touchline by the time the ball had taken its first bounce, leaving Mawson unmarked to slam home. Another goal conceded due to poor concentration.

Those blaming Klopp I don't agree with, we had more chances, but we didn't win. Jurgen can't physically put the ball in the back of the net himself. Its been the same story since he arrived. Excellent system, let down by the players.

WBA:
We had enough chances to score, Bobby's miss, Salah's header and Solanke punching it in the back of the net (I joke) or Solanke not putting it in the net with the keeper on the floor, or Salah getting on the end of TAA's cross etc. Any one of those goes in and the floodgates could open.

But they didn't. Once again the players let down the system that made the chances either through having an off day, or being substandard. Once again I say Klopp set the team out correct, and the men with the ball let him down.

Newcastle
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336792.msg15640865#msg15640865

Burnley away

Very happy with three points today. We were the better team throughout the game, but some of our players put in terrible performances.

I this Gini doesn't want to score away from home, he had a great chance to make it two nil but got tangled up in himself, Joe Gomez, who is usually excellent, almost cost us the game by ball watching like he did vs Arsenal and then the less said about Dominic Solanke the better. He tries his best and runs around but he doesn't have the ability for this team and there were many times when our play broke down because of him. If Roberto Firmino is a Rolls Royce, Solanke is a Reliant Robin.

Plenty of the ball given away by sloppy play from Can and TAA too. Not helped by the terrible conditions I'm sure.

Ox and Lallana were absolutely excellent today, from beginning to end they put in a real shift and showed ability. And of course who doesn't love a last minute winner.

Once again, for the billionth time this season, an excellent system let down only by the standard of those executing Klopps plan. However we worked our bollocks off and got the points, so I'm happy.

Arsenal
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337638.msg15764646#msg15764646

Everton
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337535.msg15746332#msg15746332

Burnley home
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336631.msg15609032#msg15609032

Same story all season - world class manager, team dominates because they're a well oiled machine, individuals let the system down with mistakes and poor execution.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #1273 on: January 23, 2018, 01:48:31 pm »
Jurgen and the boys need to learn from this and move on to West Brom.

It is only our third loss of the season so let's keep up our spirits and cheer them on Saturday.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: January 23, 2018, 01:50:08 pm »
I think we'd need quite a few new players to win the league, you can try and put a positive spin on things but I think the truth is we are team capable of challenging for the top 4 but that's the limit for this side. It's not a disgrace or anything but we need to be honest with ourselves

Let's see how this season ends. When we win, we think we have enough quality, when we lose like yesterday we tend to believe a lot of our players are not good enough. Yesterday's game aside, we're looking alright. I'd say that Swansea is the one real disappointment so far. If we can get back to winning ways and finish on ~85 points, which is difficult but within reach, then I'd say we only need 2-3 first team additions for next season.

In Keita, Clyne and to some extent Henderson we already have three new players to count for. Players that we can expect to play a lot when fit.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: January 23, 2018, 01:56:41 pm »

You just said I was disrespecting Lovren by saying Van Dijk was twice the defender and now saying our team isnt good enough. Yet Lovren has been one of our poorer or at least average performers.

Which one is it?

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: January 23, 2018, 01:58:42 pm »
Would we of won with Coutinho? Not so sure.

Where we will miss him though is goals and more importantly goals from outside the box. It's not easy finding players who can score so often from distance.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #1277 on: January 23, 2018, 02:01:31 pm »
Would we of won with Coutinho? Not so sure.

Where we will miss him though is goals and more importantly goals from outside the box. It's not easy finding players who can score so often from distance.

Who?

Just kiddin, we will never know I guess but he was often on the field when we suffered these kind of losses/draws.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: January 23, 2018, 02:01:53 pm »
I fear we will see quite a bit more of games like this without Coutinho, teams were scared to death of him and he always had it in his locker to create something out of nothing which none of our other players are all that capable of which is so sorely needed in games like these.

Playing Wijnaldum in these games is so pointless you may as well just play with 10 men, he offers nothing here.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1279 on: January 23, 2018, 02:04:13 pm »
I fear we will see quite a bit more of games like this without Coutinho, teams were scared to death of him and he always had it in his locker to create something out of nothing which none of our other players are all that capable of which is so sorely needed in games like these.

Playing Wijnaldum in these games is so pointless you may as well just play with 10 men, he offers nothing here.

We played plenty with him with exactly the same outcome :/