Author Topic: I wrote this song for Salah and Co. Is it good enough for the kop?  (Read 75812 times)

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
Re: I wrote this song for Salah and Co. Is it good enough for the kop?
« Reply #520 on: January 22, 2018, 01:51:07 am »
The original YouTube video is up over 1,735,000 views, turned into a nice earner for Richy

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #521 on: January 22, 2018, 07:36:36 am »
The original YouTube video is up over 1,735,000 views, turned into a nice earner for Richy

I'm sure he'll be happy to donate to good, LFC, charitable causes and offer his services. Isn't he a guest of the club sometime soon?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: January 22, 2018, 09:05:32 am »

Well in Richy! Hope you make a nice bit of money out of it!

I'm sure he'll be happy to donate to good, LFC, charitable causes and offer his services. Isn't he a guest of the club sometime soon?

What an odd thing to post. He, just like everyone else, is entitled to spend the money he earned in any way he chooses.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: January 22, 2018, 09:40:50 am »

You earn money for YouTube views ??

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #524 on: January 22, 2018, 09:49:33 am »
Good but i don't like the Coutinho part. Not worth mentioning him.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2018, 10:06:12 am »
You earn money for YouTube views ??
about 1 pound per 10k views
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #526 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:05 am »

Nah with adverts he will have made pretty good money from it now and although it will probalbly never be sung at Anfield it has brought a lot of enjoyment to people. Well in Richie

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: January 22, 2018, 10:29:52 am »

Varies a lot depending on type of advertising arrangement (30 second ads? 5 second ads? Ability to skip ad?), plus the location of views (views in India will be worth less than views in the USA, etc).

If everything's in his favour it could be a few hundred, maybe even low thousands.

Nice little holiday, not bad!

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: January 22, 2018, 10:37:51 am »
What an odd thing to post. He, just like everyone else, is entitled to spend the money he earned in any way he chooses.

Agreed, especially since it seems all the "proper" Scousers are dead against him and his song.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #529 on: January 22, 2018, 10:57:35 am »
Exactly mate, I nearly posted this morning I remember when the Kop use to be extremely and constantly witty.

but that was scouse wit, it was spontaneous and biting, most importantly it was done in one off situations, first time i remember hearing it as a kid was against ipswich when their keeper paul cooper came running up to the kop and got the usual applause then a group of fellas started chanting "eric gates , eric gates" he started clapping before it was followed up by "you're so fucking ugly" it was a one off, throw in well known ones like gary sprake, grimsby and all the fish chants, last time i remember hearing anything spontaneous was alan shearer and the match of the day tune & "should've stayed on the telly" not been much in the last 5 years so there might be the odd thing i've not heard but it's not there like it used to be

this though isn't wit, yeah the fella is doing it for a laugh and that's as far as it should go, in fact he's taking the piss out of the "liverpool fam" types who feel they have to justify their support cos they have fuck all to do with the city but it's been picked up aots, have you seen the McNasty's vid doing the rounds where the fella goes up to the counter and says "excuse me i ordered this with mo salah" then all his mates start singing it, fucking cringe worthy, this will end up being sung by bellends at the darts that's how bad it is

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #530 on: January 22, 2018, 11:25:19 am »
Quite fucking insane how much time, effort and  energy people spend on this.

Aren't there other more important things to worry about than a fucking football song?

Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: January 22, 2018, 11:53:47 am »

Aren't there other more important things to worry about than a fucking football song?

I often think the same about football in general! It's crazy when you think about it.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: January 22, 2018, 12:25:49 pm »
Given there's a thread that's constantly bumped called "let's improve the atmosphere at anfield", I find it funny that anyone would be against this being sung at a game
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: January 22, 2018, 12:36:10 pm »
I often think the same about football in general! It's crazy when you think about it.

You are exactly right.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: January 22, 2018, 12:41:39 pm »
Agreed, especially since it seems all the "proper" Scousers are dead against him and his song.

What's this about?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: January 22, 2018, 12:46:44 pm »

What's odd about it? Richy has made good money out of parodying a Liverpool fan and enlisting the help of RAWK and others to promote it.  He is about to be a guest of the club's. He is a comedian and the biggest Liverpool fan in Cork. What the fuck is odd about suggesting he might wanna contribute to some worthwhile causes of LFC in return for his new found fame and fortune?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:49:27 pm by vivabobbygraham »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: January 22, 2018, 01:06:33 pm »
What's odd about it? Richy has made good money out of parodying a Liverpool fan and enlisting the help of RAWK and others to promote it.  He is about to be a guest of the club's. He is a comedian and the biggest Liverpool fan in Cork. What the fuck is odd about suggesting he might wanna contribute to some worthwhile causes of LFC in return for his new found fame and fortune?

Because there are countless people who make money out of our club, either directly or indirectly. And you never see any posts telling them how to spend their money.

When our club got Klopp and gave him massive money, where's your post telling him how to spend it?

When our club got Firmino, or VvD, or any of the other players, and gave them massive money, where's your post telling them how to spend it?

When TAW, who exist because of LFC, went behind a paywall and started getting sponsorship, where are your posts telling Atkinson or Gibbons how to spend their money?

When Anfield Index, who exist because of LFC, went behind a paywall and started getting sponsorship, where are your posts telling Gags or Kennett how to spend their money?

Where are your posts telling the LFC journalists how to spend the money they earn of the back of our club?

There aren't any. You haven't made those posts because they'd be ridiculous, just like your post about how this guy spends his money (which, by the way, would be a tiny fraction of most of the above). Truth is, most of the above, and probably Richy too, do give some of the money they earn to charity but it's completely their choice.

I agree it shouldn't get played at Anfield. Fine. But telling him how to spend his money? Nah, not your place.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: January 22, 2018, 01:13:49 pm »

you're exaggerating.

1 off youtube hits don't generate much money at all, and as for "fame",  I don't think anyone is going to remember this song or Richy in a month or two

whatever little money he makes for it is his to spend as he wishes. he thought the song up himself, posted it on RAWK/reddit (as countless others have with their songs) and its gone viral because its silly and catchy
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:19:41 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: January 22, 2018, 01:16:41 pm »

How much of his £173 should he donate? :)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: January 22, 2018, 01:17:36 pm »
Because there are countless people who make money out of our club, either directly or indirectly. And you never see any posts telling them how to spend their money.

When our club got Klopp and gave him massive money, where's your post telling him how to spend it?

When our club got Firmino, or VvD, or any of the other players, and gave them massive money, where's your post telling them how to spend it?

When TAW, who exist because of LFC, went behind a paywall and started getting sponsorship, where are your posts telling Atkinson or Gibbons how to spend their money?

When Anfield Index, who exist because of LFC, went behind a paywall and started getting sponsorship, where are your posts telling Gags or Kennett how to spend their money?

Where are your posts telling the LFC journalists how to spend the money they earn of the back of our club?

There aren't any. You haven't made those posts because they'd be ridiculous, just like your post about how this guy spends his money (which, by the way, would be a tiny fraction of most of the above). Truth is, most of the above, and probably Richy too, do give some of the money they earn to charity but it's completely their choice.

I agree it shouldn't get played at Anfield. Fine. But telling him how to spend his money? Nah, not your place.

Not my place? Where is my place?

All the stuff you posted above may have had credence but for one thing. None of their income was generated by a youtube video that was placed on this forum and parodied a Liverpool fan with the sole aim of profiting from it both personally and financially and using the good offices of this forum and others and Liverpool fans all over the World in order to promote his ditty and himself.

I couldn't give a shit if it's sung on the kop or not, or on coaches or mini buses or by horth face clad 'proper scousers' or wools or whatever, that's their choice. I do give a shit when someone tells me it's 'not my place' to take a view on something that is right and proper and something the lad himself would probably agree with. So, you know the drill...............

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: January 22, 2018, 01:19:15 pm »
To be fair to the guy, I imagine he will as he seems a good sort. Already been preaching about the importance of donating to food banks in one of his videos.

Or he might just spend his couple hundred quid on coke and hookers. Which I could also respect.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: January 22, 2018, 01:20:28 pm »
Not my place? Where is my place?

All the stuff you posted above may have had credence but for one thing. None of their income was generated by a youtube video that was placed on this forum and parodied a Liverpool fan with the sole aim of profiting from it both personally and financially and using the good offices of this forum and others and Liverpool fans all over the World in order to promote his ditty and himself.

I couldn't give a shit if it's sung on the kop or not, or on coaches or mini buses or by horth face clad 'proper scousers' or wools or whatever, that's their choice. I do give a shit when someone tells me it's 'not my place' to take a view on something that is right and proper and something the lad himself would probably agree with. So, you know the drill...............

You're being absolutely ridiculous. You actually think you were pivotal in this song taking off and therefore deserve a say in how the tiny amount of money it makes gets spent? "Not my place? Where is my place?"

You're off your fucking rocker mate.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: January 22, 2018, 01:21:44 pm »
None of their income was generated by a youtube video that was placed on this forum and parodied a Liverpool fan with the sole aim of profiting from it both personally and financially and using the good offices of this forum and others and Liverpool fans all over the World in order to promote his ditty and himself.

Get a grip.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: January 22, 2018, 01:24:00 pm »

you're exaggerating.

1 off youtube hits don't generate much money at all, and as for "fame",  I don't think anyone is going to remember this song or Richy in a month or two

whatever little money he makes for it is his to spend as he wishes. he thought the song up himself, posted it on RAWK/reddit (as countless others have with their songs) and its gone viral because its silly and catchy

Interesting digression here - if Andy Kim and Jeff Barry, who wrote the original song, wanted royalties from this guy's YouTube views, would they be entitled to it? I think they probably would.

That lunatic VivaBobbyGraham is probably penning an angry letter to their record company as we speak demanding they spend their cut on LFC causes.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: January 22, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »
Interesting digression here - if Andy Kim and Jeff Barry, who wrote the original song, wanted royalties from this guy's YouTube views, would they be entitled to it? I think they probably would.

That is a very good point and one which went through my mind several days ago when it all went viral.

I wonder how closely Kim and Barry will be watching the lads You Tube 'views' counter. I suspect the 442toons vid had a shit load of hits too.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: January 22, 2018, 01:45:20 pm »
Poor Richy and his fortune will be finished if they come knocking. Jeff Bezos will be letting out a huge sigh of relief.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: January 22, 2018, 02:26:24 pm »
Coke and hookers sounds good. Those who believe the dough richly will make however short term is based on just the YouTube hits is a bit nieve and shouldn't really dismiss others as being "off their rocker". The financial implications of appearances, gigs, endorsements will be significant. Make hay while the sun shines, mate but don't forget how it began. The food bank stuff I was not aware of so fair play for that.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #547 on: January 22, 2018, 06:40:02 pm »

And the funny thing is you`ve posted quite a lot in this thread yourself.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: January 22, 2018, 06:50:29 pm »
And the funny thing is you`ve posted quite a lot in this thread yourself.

There's been a few. Most, if not all, in a good hearted nature. Can't remember posting anything where I express concern or any other strong emotion about it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:52:45 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #549 on: January 23, 2018, 05:05:21 pm »
Salah du du du du du du .... oh Mane Mane ..... and Bobby Fir-mi-no! But we can’t beat Swansea-oh! 😡
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: January 23, 2018, 05:28:54 pm »
Salah du du du du du du .... oh Mane Mane ..... and Bobby Fir-mi-no! But we can’t beat Swansea-oh! 😡

Too soon mate. At least give it 24hrs, the body's still warm ffs ;)

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: January 23, 2018, 05:40:06 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CmJ7XRbdj1c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CmJ7XRbdj1c</a>

herman hreidasson hahaha

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
« Reply #552 on: January 23, 2018, 06:02:54 pm »

Haha well played

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #553 on: January 23, 2018, 06:15:46 pm »
Sounds like the James Salah song took off last night. Came over the TV quite loud.

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #554 on: January 24, 2018, 11:33:29 am »
It starts and ends with this for me.

He posted a song that got traction.  He was invited onto a show to publicise it that was sponsored by the sun once upon a time, which is when I stopped watching it.  As should any right thinking Liverpool fan.

There it ended for me.  Just another Bell end cling on with absolutely no fucking idea of how to behave.  He might be a sound lad in real life.  Our greatest ever skipper doesn't get a free pass for talking to the Sun and taking their money, neither should that show.  We as a fan base certainly shouldn't be fucking enabling it.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: January 24, 2018, 11:49:28 am »
It starts and ends with this for me.

He posted a song that got traction.  He was invited onto a show to publicise it that was sponsored by the sun once upon a time, which is when I stopped watching it.  As should any right thinking Liverpool fan.

There it ended for me.  Just another Bell end cling on with absolutely no fucking idea of how to behave.  He might be a sound lad in real life.  Our greatest ever skipper doesn't get a free pass for talking to the Sun and taking their money, neither should that show.  We as a fan base certainly shouldn't be fucking enabling it.

Soccer AM is on SKY which is how you used to watch it, which then in turn used to be owned by Murdoch, so you're a hypocrite.

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #556 on: January 24, 2018, 11:54:16 am »
Soccer AM is on SKY which is how you used to watch it, which then in turn used to be owned by Murdoch, so you're a hypocrite.

Yup.  It wasn't my dollar paying for it though so I'm sound again.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: January 24, 2018, 11:57:54 am »
Yup.  It wasn't my dollar paying for it though so I'm sound again.

Ah okay, must be sound to read the Sun then in your eyes so long as someone else bought it.

Offline Monkee

• Banner Banner
  • Main Stander
« Reply #558 on: January 24, 2018, 12:01:33 pm »
Ah okay, must be sound to read the Sun then in your eyes so long as someone else bought it.

Oddly enough, no it's not.  In a situation where you have free time and no control over what the group is watching you watch it.  And I did.  When it was clear that the show was sponsored by the Sun, however many years ago that was, I stopped watching it and haven't watched it since.

Thinking about buying in now its going to Disney to be fair.   Sky that is, not Soccer AM.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: January 24, 2018, 01:47:43 pm »
How bout the song is only to be sung in the stadium when Salah, Mane and Bobby all score in the same game?

This way the song will be relatively rare to appease those that don't like it, while the people who like the song still have a chance of joy every now and then :D