Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 338383 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1960 on: April 23, 2018, 06:08:28 pm »
Probably shouldn't be too surprised, the FA have been inconsistent for donkey's years. Luckily for Ings it wasn't serious enough to cause any damage.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1961 on: April 23, 2018, 06:17:43 pm »
What a joke the FA are, but we all know that already, can remember Paul scholes getting sent off at anfield for swinging a punch that completely missed one of our players!

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #1962 on: April 23, 2018, 08:56:46 pm »
That is the dangerous situation it sets. A punch is a punch whether it's hard or not, it shouldn't be acceptable regardless, it is basically cowardice. By not stamping down on it, they are virtually condoning the act. Crazy decision. 

The true test would be for one of our lads to do exactly the same thing at the weekend against Stoke and see what happens. Straight red anyone?

An utter joke.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1963 on: April 23, 2018, 08:59:14 pm »
The true test would be for one of our lads to do exactly the same thing at the weekend against Stoke and see what happens. Straight red anyone?

An utter joke.

I think we already know what would happen if one of our players did it. Zero common sense by the powers that be once again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1964 on: April 23, 2018, 09:01:11 pm »
I wonder why they were not unanimous - would be interesting to know who thought what he did was acceptable?
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #1965 on: April 23, 2018, 09:30:16 pm »
Utterly bemused.

So, its not the act solely but also the ferocity of the act?

Imagine telling the old bill, "yeah, I threw a punch but it was a weak one so it doesn't count."
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1966 on: April 28, 2018, 02:52:14 pm »
Good attitude and great guy but his time with us should be over, he shouldn't be our attacking option off the bench or when we rest players. Probably better for own career too as I can see some PL teams being interested.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: April 28, 2018, 03:09:36 pm »
Ings a good premier league player but not elite.

Not his fault we didnt win today ans plenty of others were poor.

Cant fault his attitude but you get the feeling he wont get many games next season.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: April 28, 2018, 03:23:57 pm »
A bit disappointed that he is not able to last 90 mins in a Premier League game. We could do with him playing the full 90 mins especially during this period where we have focussed on the CL semis.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: April 28, 2018, 03:27:40 pm »
His minutes should be going to a player with potential of making it here. As it is he's not good enough for us and I don't think he'll ever be.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: April 28, 2018, 03:30:02 pm »
His minutes should be going to a player with potential of making it here. As it is he's not good enough for us and I don't think he'll ever be.
I am afraid he is not the player he was afterthat big injury, he can still start for a PL team though.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: April 28, 2018, 03:32:23 pm »
He'd be perfect for Newcastle

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: April 28, 2018, 03:33:41 pm »
I am afraid he is not the player he was afterthat big injury, he can still start for a PL team though.

I agree. I think we've shown far more patience and loyalty then any other top team would have. For his price we could get someone who fits our style better and who is still improving.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1973 on: April 28, 2018, 03:42:12 pm »
I'd honestly be surprised if any of Ings, Solanke or Origi are Liverpool players next season.

It's just really really hard to make it at this level.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1974 on: April 28, 2018, 03:44:16 pm »
I'd honestly be surprised if any of Ings, Solanke or Origi are Liverpool players next season.

It's just really really hard to make it at this level.

You'll be surprised then.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: April 28, 2018, 03:46:20 pm »
He seemed to play close to the left and maybe then with that in mind we should have played Solanke because he is more comfortable with that side.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: April 28, 2018, 03:47:10 pm »
Industrious but not sure he's Liverpool quality
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: April 28, 2018, 03:47:57 pm »
done ok but we need better ..

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: April 28, 2018, 03:49:37 pm »
How come his goal was offside but Kane’s penalty against us was not?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: April 28, 2018, 03:50:33 pm »
depends on the ambition of the players i guess

i think ings might still do a job for us if he doesn't mind a squad role. Solanke might be loaned out.

Origi depending on form and whether the coaching team can find a place for him in the squad. Out of all the players loaned out, I think he has been the most dissapointing one. Thought he might do good at Wolfsburg after a few good games. Then he went totally of the boil. Compared to Michy who seems to take his chance well.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: April 28, 2018, 03:51:15 pm »
It's a lottery.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: April 28, 2018, 03:52:30 pm »
laws of the game doesn't apply to royalty like sir harry of kane

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: April 28, 2018, 03:53:31 pm »
laws of the game doesn't apply to royalty like sir harry of kane

I dont get the rules. Apparently that Kane one was a different phase of the game or some bollocks like that but this is the same phase?

Is there time limits on phases?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: April 28, 2018, 03:56:21 pm »
I dont get the rules. Apparently that Kane one was a different phase of the game or some bollocks like that but this is the same phase?

Is there time limits on phases?

It's called post-hoc reasoning. That penalty went to the darling that is Kane and therefore has to be reasoned for somehow. It's all about the narrative. The premier league needs Stoke to get points here to keep the relegation battle going. So it's just not brought up or discussed. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: April 28, 2018, 04:22:25 pm »
It's called post-hoc reasoning. That penalty went to the darling that is Kane and therefore has to be reasoned for somehow. It's all about the narrative. The premier league needs Stoke to get points here to keep the relegation battle going. So it's just not brought up or discussed.
Sky need something for viewing figures , a last day scrap for survival and top four.

Offline florislfc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1985 on: April 28, 2018, 04:41:39 pm »
Did ok today imo, bit unlucky for him to be ruled offside, quality shot.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1986 on: April 28, 2018, 05:13:45 pm »
Get the impression he’s trying too hard at the moment, things aren’t quite going his way, but unlucky with the offside goal wasn’t much in it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: April 28, 2018, 05:16:16 pm »
Get the impression he’s trying too hard at the moment,

This is what he does, tries hard and runs around. Not of the quality required for a team that will/should be challenging for the PL next season. Upgrade required.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1988 on: April 28, 2018, 05:22:16 pm »
Get the impression he’s trying too hard at the moment, things aren’t quite going his way, but unlucky with the offside goal wasn’t much in it
Funny how his toenail was offside and the linesman gave the rich call, but the same linesman didn’t call a half a yard offside when Stoke almost scored. Anyway...

Sometimes fate doesn’t give you much, and that’s Danny’s case. He was very good when we bought him and who knows how he could have developed under Klopp. But for his sake, I hope he finds a decent club to continue his career.

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1989 on: April 28, 2018, 05:27:14 pm »

Was wondering the exact same thing during the game. Defo came off one of theirs
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1990 on: April 28, 2018, 05:30:45 pm »
Needs too many touches or too much time to get the ball under control or manoeuvre it into position.

This is the second season in a row where we seem stretched for the forward positions towards the end of the season, we need another quality option for the wide forward position.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #1991 on: April 28, 2018, 05:35:39 pm »
Seems like a good lad but hes nowhere near the level required to play for Liverpool

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: April 28, 2018, 05:48:04 pm »
Needs too many touches or too much time to get the ball under control or manoeuvre it into position.

This is the second season in a row where we seem stretched for the forward positions towards the end of the season, we need another quality option for the wide forward position.
That time in the second half when he took 3 touches in the box before shooting... He's just not good enough for this level.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1993 on: April 28, 2018, 06:08:46 pm »
That time in the second half when he took 3 touches in the box before shooting... He's just not good enough for this level.
Yeah that was particularly frustrating.

He’ll do fine for a lower Premier League club but when you’re playing against packed defences you can’t require three or four touches or five seconds to trap and move the ball, it needs to be much quicker.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: April 28, 2018, 06:13:02 pm »
Hes not the required standard

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: April 28, 2018, 06:18:14 pm »
Ings is a goalscorer, or at least one who has ambitions to score again at this level. That's fine but in this system you need more than that. He has no other real strings to his bow. You saw against West Brom that instinct is still there but other parts to his game just weren't. And the same today, his.off the ball movement was so so, his first touch wasn't clean, he got dispossessed alot. Its a shame because he's worked harder than most to get back after two horrific injuries.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: April 28, 2018, 06:23:39 pm »
Ings is a goalscorer, or at least one who has ambitions to score again at this level. That's fine but in this system you need more than that. He has no other real strings to his bow. You saw against West Brom that instinct is still there but other parts to his game just weren't. And the same today, his.off the ball movement was so so, his first touch wasn't clean, he got dispossessed alot. Its a shame because he's worked harder than most to get back after two horrific injuries.
Unfortunately true. Nothing against him though, he definitely has ability and I think he'd be great for Newcastle or Leicester. Good lad too. Never the less I wouldn't be against having him here next season, as he might come in handy for FA Cup and League Cup matches but at his age he will probably want more than that.

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #1997 on: April 28, 2018, 06:42:40 pm »
Always wants too long on the ball. He’d be great for Newcastle or someone but surely he won’t be here next season.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: April 28, 2018, 06:47:03 pm »

It will take him a run of 15-10 games to get his rhythm back, he still has a great nose for scoring and deserves a bit of luck- I like him but perhaps his best position is in the Firmino role

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: April 28, 2018, 06:49:23 pm »
If we strengthen up top in the summer, he’s done