Author Topic: Claimimg back PPI (Loan Insurance)  (Read 35046 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PPI - get claiming
« Reply #80 on: November 8, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »
Definitely appeal it, first with your provider who should have some sort of internal appeal process, and then with the Ombudsman if you still get nothing. The Ombudsman might be quite interested to know they've only bothered sending you the "Annual Review" since PPI claiming became an issue too.

Bear in mind you have to exhaust the company's complaints process first. If you haven't, even if you appeal to the Ombudsman, they will bat it back to the provider to deal with first.

cheers, Kez, reckon I might as well pursue it because I have nothing to lose. The Annual Review came about two weeks after I put in a claim, I laughed when I opened it and it gave me the information I needed to cancel the bloody thing. If it was all as up front as they've made out it was, then I reckon I should've had something in writing, I keep pretty much everything they send me and I've not come across any policy documentation or agreements and I definitely wouldn't know how to put in a claim if I'd have needed to.

They said in the letter I got back that if I wish to take it further it should be with the Ombudsman, and included a leaflet to that effect. Martin Lewis' site has information on what to write to them so I'll get on to it this weekend.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 9, 2012, 06:35:36 pm »
Must just be with PTSB. I work with them and have queries on PPI on credit cards and have been told there's nothing to claims on them. I'll double check tomorrow though.

Checked today, defo no PPI on credit cards with PTSB.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 9, 2012, 07:02:34 pm »
Checked today, defo no PPI on credit cards with PTSB.

Called something else maybe? Mine was called Repayment Option Plan. But still PPI
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2012, 03:24:47 am »
Called something else maybe? Mine was called Repayment Option Plan. But still PPI

There is zero insurance on our credit cards, if something goes wrong we'll investigate it but there are no promises but in regards to PPI it is a complete no-go.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2013, 05:02:09 pm »
After not being arsed to do this, my mate encouraged me to try. Put in claims for 3 credit cards.
Had my first settlement through this morning off Barclaycard. i would have been happy with £500.
They have awarded me £5650. Happy as a pig in shit with this.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 06:24:11 pm »
I got mine without even filling out a form
Just phoned up lloyds ....admittedly they pretended they didn't get the first call....and they just paid up 3k
Quite happy with that
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 09:15:07 pm »
I got mine without even filling out a form
Just phoned up lloyds ....admittedly they pretended they didn't get the first call....and they just paid up 3k
Quite happy with that

My missus has had nothing but issues with Lloyds and trying to reclaim, it's not even the much (less than £500 easily) compared to some people.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
Just had another £160 back off Egg, this was PPI on a card I had. Now through Barclaycard, no messing about, sorted within a couple of weeks of the claim.

I've been nagging our kid to do his, he actually got told he couldn't have the loan without PPI, so he's got them bang to rights. He's got a few grand owing to when he claims. Out of the blue, barclays wrote to him the other day and said he may have been missold PPI and they included all the forms needed.

I've stated this before, but if you are going to pursue PPI, DO NOT use a PPI claim company. All they do is claim on your behalf what is owed to you and take 30% for filling out a form. They do not "win" anything for you, the banks already know if you were mis-sold PPI. Barclays now actually state on their website to not use a claims company.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 10:22:33 pm »
Not PPI, but CPI (Card Protection Insurance). Got a policy when I first took out my barclaycard, having been led to believe that I needed it to be covered for fraud (turns out I didn't at all). Also I had had duplicate policies since 2001 essentially covering me for exactly the same thing. Called barclaycard to ask who to write to, they wouldn't give me an email or postal address, then 6 weeks later they called and said they were ready to resolve the complaint. I said I wanted to send an official letter, they finally agreed to that, then called back the next day to say that after reading the letter they thought there were more issues to deal with so it would take a few more days (obviously they were just going to try to fob me off).

Anyhow a few days later I received just under £700 on my barclaycard, happy days!
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 10:40:27 pm »
Just had another £160 back off Egg, this was PPI on a card I had. Now through Barclaycard, no messing about, sorted within a couple of weeks of the claim.

I had a card with Egg a while back, no idea if I paid PPI on it or not - you got the contact details for wherever it was you contacted so can look into this mate?

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013, 04:35:58 pm »
I have had a few credit cards over the past 2 years or so, will this be too recent to claim? I'm thinking they will have sorted themselves by the time I took mine out.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2013, 04:36:18 pm »
I have had a few credit cards over the past 2 years or so, will this be too recent to claim? I'm thinking they will have sorted themselves by the time I took mine out.
Also, a loan about 18 months ago.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »
I had a card with Egg a while back, no idea if I paid PPI on it or not - you got the contact details for wherever it was you contacted so can look into this mate?

I'll dig the paperwork out in a bit and post the address up.

Barclaycard
Customer Relations Department
PO Box 9131
Saffron Road
Leicester
LE18 9DE

Egg used to just put it on, so its highly likely it was on there. Download the form http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/product_news/insurance/payment_protection_insurance_/claim-back-ppi (last paragraph of section 3 is a direct link), fill it in and send it off. You'll get notification within a week to ten days that they have received the claim and will let you know within a month.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:16:33 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2013, 01:06:12 pm »
Just came across this thread while in work. I work for a bank dealing with PPI cases so if anyone needs anything just drop me a message with what you should put down on your questionnaire (http://www.financialombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi/PPI-consumer-questionnaire.doc) to get your case upheld in your favour

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2013, 01:08:42 pm »
Shouldn't be. I've seen ones taken out as recent as 2011 were they have been paid out

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2013, 01:12:27 pm »
Just came across this thread while in work. I work for a bank dealing with PPI cases so if anyone needs anything just drop me a message with what you should put down on your questionnaire (http://www.financialombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi/PPI-consumer-questionnaire.doc) to get your case upheld in your favour

if you claimed PPi from a bank and some time later you go try get a loan off them, can they give you a slightly higher rate than you would have if you didnt claim PPI?
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2013, 01:14:32 pm »
if you claimed PPi from a bank and some time later you go try get a loan off them, can they give you a slightly higher rate than you would have if you didnt claim PPI?
From what I am aware of claiming PPI back has absolutely no implications for future loans/mortgage rates etc

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »
From what I am aware of claiming PPI back has absolutely no implications for future loans/mortgage rates etc

ta....i'll start claiming! :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2013, 11:57:44 am »
If you bank with Lloyds, you can go into your local branch and get the person who deals with your account to phone the claim line for you and then you speak to them as well and that is your claim started. That way nobody can deny that the call was made as it originated in a Lloyds bank with Lloyds staff as witnesses.

Also, has anyone paid tax on the PPI refund money they get back?
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2013, 12:28:07 pm »
I got £400ish quite recently from a PPI claim.  Natwest sent me a letter out of the blue and said I may qualify so I filled it all in and got cash!

I can't remember if I paid tax on it not.  I'm tempted to say not.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2013, 02:44:44 pm »
Had a couple of MBNA credit cards while I was at uni. Paid off and closed now. At one point i'm sure I owed about £2,500 on them.

Also had a loan, mortgage, overdraft and credit card from HSBC.

Don't remember ever having PPI or anything similar. Seem to even remember saying no to most of it.

Filled in the forms, no idea on most of the account numbers, not expecting anything back to be honest, well see.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2013, 08:56:40 am »
If you bank with Lloyds, you can go into your local branch and get the person who deals with your account to phone the claim line for you and then you speak to them as well and that is your claim started. That way nobody can deny that the call was made as it originated in a Lloyds bank with Lloyds staff as witnesses.

Also, has anyone paid tax on the PPI refund money they get back?

You will pay Tax on the 8% interest that you are given back.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2013, 08:58:12 am »
Also i'm sure it has been said, for anyone claiming, don't go near the Complaint Management Companies you'll see advertised on tv etc Much Much quicker claiming through yourself.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2013, 09:33:03 pm »
Not sure if I can do it or not.

I took out a graduate loan from Barclays in 2000, with PPI. In 2002 I was as good as made redundant from my first job (hours/salary halved due to the company struggling). Barclays said I could halve my repayments which I did. What they didn't tell me was that when I got a new job I'd have to start paying back double the original payment - this started me in a spiral of debt which still isn't nearly cleared today.

Around about 2004 my then girlfriend (now wife) took out a loan with Lloyds of quite a large amount, which covered the Barclays loan and some others. This to me was irresponsible lending - I knew that at the time I could afford it, however it was double her annual salary, and if I'd wanted and had been that type of person I could have probably just walked away and left her with all my debt, I could have started completely fresh. For some reason I didn't do that and now we're happily married with 2 kids :)

Anyway, back to the subject of the PPI. I closed my Barclays account around about the time we took the Lloyds loan. I don't have any of the loan documentation or any documentation for my account. I think I can remember the account number and can get the sort code, but that's about it.  Considering the time and lack of documentation, am I likely to be able to claim back on the PPI?
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2013, 09:37:37 pm »
As an aside - does anyone know where the PPI companies get your details from?

I know a lot of them don't have any details and make up an amount (e.g. the ones by text). However, my parents got a call this week from one who knew their details, all about the loans they've had, the amounts, when they were due to be paid off and everything. My parents have never applied, so where would they have got this information from?

I'm actually going to be doing it for them this weekend as the company who called them want 39% - a scam in itself (I'm only going to charge them 38%). I half expect people will be claiming against them in a few years to get their fees back.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »
As an aside - does anyone know where the PPI companies get your details from?

I know a lot of them don't have any details and make up an amount (e.g. the ones by text). However, my parents got a call this week from one who knew their details, all about the loans they've had, the amounts, when they were due to be paid off and everything. My parents have never applied, so where would they have got this information from?

I'm actually going to be doing it for them this weekend as the company who called them want 39% - a scam in itself (I'm only going to charge them 38%). I half expect people will be claiming against them in a few years to get their fees back.

I would assume they just use a credit rating company. For example, I joined Experian for a months trial and could look at my history and see all my loans and cards.

PPI companies are nothing but sharks. The cannot and do not WIN anything for you. You were either mis-sold PPI or you weren't. The banks know exactly who was missold PPI already. All the sharks do is fill in the forms and claim YOUR money on your behalf and then take a massive chunk.

You dont need account details, just fill in the form and they'll have the details on record. Just try it and see, its going to cost you about 20 minutes time and 60p for a stamp.

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2013, 10:59:15 pm »
I would assume they just use a credit rating company. For example, I joined Experian for a months trial and could look at my history and see all my loans and cards.

PPI companies are nothing but sharks. The cannot and do not WIN anything for you. You were either mis-sold PPI or you weren't. The banks know exactly who was missold PPI already. All the sharks do is fill in the forms and claim YOUR money on your behalf and then take a massive chunk.

You dont need account details, just fill in the form and they'll have the details on record. Just try it and see, its going to cost you about 20 minutes time and 60p for a stamp.

Thanks, will do it at the same time as my parents.

Will be a nice bonus if I get anything, could seriously do with it right now.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2013, 01:20:13 am »
Not sure if I can do it or not.

I took out a graduate loan from Barclays in 2000, with PPI. In 2002 I was as good as made redundant from my first job (hours/salary halved due to the company struggling). Barclays said I could halve my repayments which I did. What they didn't tell me was that when I got a new job I'd have to start paying back double the original payment - this started me in a spiral of debt which still isn't nearly cleared today.

Around about 2004 my then girlfriend (now wife) took out a loan with Lloyds of quite a large amount, which covered the Barclays loan and some others. This to me was irresponsible lending - I knew that at the time I could afford it, however it was double her annual salary, and if I'd wanted and had been that type of person I could have probably just walked away and left her with all my debt, I could have started completely fresh. For some reason I didn't do that and now we're happily married with 2 kids :)

Anyway, back to the subject of the PPI. I closed my Barclays account around about the time we took the Lloyds loan. I don't have any of the loan documentation or any documentation for my account. I think I can remember the account number and can get the sort code, but that's about it.  Considering the time and lack of documentation, am I likely to be able to claim back on the PPI?
Go into your local Barclays and get someone in the branch to ring their PPI claim line and you are done....
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2015, 04:05:12 pm »
I'm getting phone calls every day about this. Thinking of caving in. Had loads of credit cards and one loan for about 6k yrs back. Worth letting them check it for me? Don't think I got the effort to go do it myself

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2015, 09:50:00 pm »
I'm getting phone calls every day about this. Thinking of caving in. Had loads of credit cards and one loan for about 6k yrs back. Worth letting them check it for me? Don't think I got the effort to go do it myself

I work for a bank who deals with this stuff, don't go with the Complant management companies they are rip-off and do absolutely nothing you couldn't do in 20 minutes. If you need some tips on best way to do it PM me.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:40 pm »
Cheers mate. I'll drop you a message soon

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2015, 07:35:17 am »

As frag says, do not use them - I got over £2000 back doing it myself, my brother over £21,000. Imagine giving 30% of that to a company for filling in the same form as you?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2015, 11:23:59 am »
I got back £8.5k last year.  Did it myself through a letter template and a form that Santander subsequently sent me. Nice little bonus! :)
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2015, 12:26:11 pm »
Is that letter template still available and knocking around anywhere? Might just chance my arm on this aswell. Doubt I'm owed anything as I rarely ever used my credit cards.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:28:51 pm by Bunter »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »
I'll take a template too if anyone has one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2015, 01:29:08 pm »
Yep, same!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2015, 01:35:04 pm »
I've claimed by myself but there are some companies who aren't around anymore so you need a ppi company to go chasing these firms.

If there all straight forward companies then do it yourself, little bit of effort but worth it in the end.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2015, 03:45:46 pm »
Is that letter template still available and knocking around anywhere? Might just chance my arm on this aswell. Doubt I'm owed anything as I rarely ever used my credit cards.

There's a useful step-by-step guide here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#steps and while I can't find a letter I think there's a standard form that are used by all lenders here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/b26c6b8f
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2015, 03:50:36 pm »
Spoke to my Mum about this today, she's convinced she can't claim because she used the payment protection on a loan, I suppose that means she knew she had it, but that isn't the point of these claims, is it? it's that you were forced to take it out in the first place.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2015, 03:20:31 am »
Spoke to my Mum about this today, she's convinced she can't claim because she used the payment protection on a loan, I suppose that means she knew she had it, but that isn't the point of these claims, is it? it's that you were forced to take it out in the first place.

Nope, she can certainly claim. Even if you claimed they will deduct it off the premium refund but you will still be owed the standard 8% interest and also any residual PPI premium and interest. Don't let previous claims on the PPI stop you/her.