Author Topic: Dentist  (Read 24735 times)

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Dentist
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2016, 09:01:49 pm »
Hi guys,

Just come back from emergency dentist as I have a cracked tooth and been giving me pain. Once i got there they said there doesn't seem to be enough tooth to pull. However she did try and the tooth cracked and said I will need to go to hospital to get it out. She did manage to take the nerve out but does anyone know if they will put me under and hospital etc?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Dentist
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2016, 09:22:23 pm »
Hi guys,

Just come back from emergency dentist as I have a cracked tooth and been giving me pain. Once i got there they said there doesn't seem to be enough tooth to pull. However she did try and the tooth cracked and said I will need to go to hospital to get it out. She did manage to take the nerve out but does anyone know if they will put me under and hospital etc?
They can just go in through the gum if necessary, with a local. I had it done years ago. A few stitches and not at all traumatic.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »
They can just go in through the gum if necessary, with a local. I had it done years ago. A few stitches and not at all traumatic.

Thanks very much. Why do they advise hospital and not my private dentist. I'm still convinced he would have pulled it but they are not open today.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2016, 09:37:45 pm »
Thanks very much. Why do they advise hospital and not my private dentist. I'm still convinced he would have pulled it but they are not open today.
I don't know mate. When it happened to me I was already in the dental hospital because it was an emergency and I was travelling the following day. That was the only place that could see me. They snapped the tooth off and then just dealt with it as stated above, while I was in the chair.
They snapped the whole tooth off- there was literally nothing to grab hold of.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:39:48 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2016, 09:40:07 pm »
If it's a back tooth or wisdom tooth, it would require a dental surgeon as opposed to a regular dentist.

They'll give you a few injections and you won't feel a thing. I had a couple of wisdom teeth out last year and it was fine, didn't feel a thing. The stitches were no bother either. The yanking about was a bit unpleasant, but honestly it won't be nearly as bad as you might think.
I had the dental surgeon at the dentist, he only came in at weekends. But I managed to avoid the hospital. Either way, you'd be in and out in no time.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2016, 09:43:21 pm »
Its normal, my dentist send me to the hospital too to get a bit of tooth out. He said he could do it, but it was easier in the hospital because they had better instruments and were better prepared. They just numb it up as normal, you get a few stitches in but its not much different from getting a tooth out - the stitches actually make it better because you don't end up with a big hole in your gum where food gets stuck etc.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2016, 09:44:50 pm »
If it's a back tooth or wisdom tooth, it would require a dental surgeon as opposed to a regular dentist.

They'll give you a few injections and you won't feel a thing. I had a couple of wisdom teeth out last year and it was fine, didn't feel a thing. The stitches were no bother either. The yanking about was a bit unpleasant, but honestly it won't be nearly as bad as you might think.
I had the dental surgeon at the dentist, he only came in at weekends. But I managed to avoid the hospital. Either way, you'd be in and out in no time.

Thanks a lot, mine is not the wisdom tooth but not far from them. I'll just have to go to my dentist Monday and see what he thinks.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2016, 09:46:51 pm »
Also now she has taken the nerve out should I not feel any more pain? My cracked tooth is still in but she said she had taken out the nerve.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2016, 09:49:33 pm »
Also now she has taken the nerve out should I not feel any more pain? My cracked tooth is still in but she said she had taken out the nerve.
Look, fuckin calm down will yiz!
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2016, 09:51:23 pm »
Look, fuckin calm down will yiz!

Haha! Been in agony mate side of my neck has been killing today.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2016, 09:52:23 pm »
Hi guys,

They'll give you a local anaesthetic and even if they have to open your gum and stitch it afterwards you won't feel a thing after the slight prick of the injection-I've had a wisdom tooth and a tooth that was cracked to gum level taken out whilst awake and felt nothing-dentistry has improved tenfold in the last 20 years
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2016, 09:53:05 pm »

The pain should be gone now, but sometimes its a bit infected around it so can still hurt - if thats the case, go tel your dentist. They might give you antibiotics too get rid o that. It'll be fine.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2016, 09:53:21 pm »
Haha! Been in agony mate side of my neck has been killing today.
Medicinally cleansing the mouth with, say, whisky is recommended.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2016, 09:54:09 pm »
They'll give you a local anaesthetic and even if they have to open your gum and stitch it afterwards you won't feel a thing after the slight prick of the injection-I've had a wisdom tooth and a tooth that was cracked to gum level taken out whilst awake and felt nothing-dentistry has improved tenfold in the last 20 years

Cheers! Hate the places and it killed when I just went tonight. She did try getting it out but just crumbled! Should look after them better! Nothing Monday night won't sort  8)

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2016, 09:54:38 pm »
Medicinally cleansing the mouth with, say, whisky is recommended.

Ahhhhhh that'll do  ;D

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2016, 09:55:20 pm »
Dem teeth look alright to me.

Ahhhhhh that'll do  ;D
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2016, 09:56:25 pm »
Not unless they have to go through the gum. The roots are probably still in there and would be hard to get hold of without going through the gum. That's probably why they mentioned a dental surgeon. So you'll get an injection or two. I barely felt the injections to be honest, as he just gave the gum a little rub with his finger before popping the needle in. They gave me a little spray of some kind of gentle anesthetic before the injections too.

Honestly though, you're past the point of feeling any pain whatever they do. The toothache you must have felt before you went in will have been way worse than anything you'll feel at the dentist. The anesthetics they have nowadays are amazingly effective.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:58:01 pm by kennedy81 »

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2016, 09:57:01 pm »

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2016, 09:58:06 pm »
Not unless they have to go through the gum. The roots are probably still in there and would be hard to get hold of without going through the gum. That's probably they mentioned a dental surgeon. So you'll get an injection or two. I barely felt the injections to be honest, as he just gave the gum a little rub with his finger before popping the needle in. They gave me a little spray of some kind of gentle anesthetic before the injections too.

Honestly though, you're past the point of feeling any pain whatever they do. The toothache you must have felt before you went in will have been way worse than anything you'll feel at the dentist. The anesthetics they have nowadays are amazingly effective.

Aye!! My face is still numb!! Dying for a drink!

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2016, 10:00:11 pm »

Ahhhhhh that'll do  ;D
Actually, that's not a bad idea which does work with toothache for a limited time (good excuse for drinking also) the best painkiller for toothache IMO is Codeine Phosphate (BTW I'm not Keith Richards)
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2016, 10:03:08 pm »
Yeah it really has. I hadn't been in 10 years as I had a terrible fear of dentists. I had a load of work done last year, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
I had a whole bridge put in over my top row of teeth, which meant they all had to be drilled and filed down to nubs. (11 injections in one afternoon and 4 and a half hours in the chair).
Also had 2 wisdom teeth out, 2 root canals, 4 other extractions and a few fillings. All over the course of about a year, which took about 12 appointments.
They were all Hungarian dentists who had moved to Ireland, and they were brilliant. Cheaper than the Irish dentists too, though it still cost me a fair whack.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2016, 10:09:37 pm »
Yeah it really has. I hadn't been in 10 years as I had a terrible fear of dentists. I had a load of work done last year, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
I had a whole bridge put in over my top row of teeth, which meant they all had to be drilled and filed down to nubs. (11 injections in one afternoon and 4 and a half hours in the chair).
Also had 2 wisdom teeth out, 2 root canals, 4 other extractions and a few fillings. All over the course of about a year, which took about 12 appointments.
They were all Hungarian dentists who had moved to Ireland, and they were brilliant. Cheaper than the Irish dentists too, though it still cost me a fair whack.
Jesus wept-just imagine if you had to have that done in the 1970s or 1980s!! Destist gas was a hideous psychedelic experiment IMO

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2016, 10:10:01 pm »
Jesus wept-just imagine if you had to have that done in the 1970s or 1980s!! Dentist gas was a hideous psychedelic experiment IMO

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2016, 10:16:15 pm »
Jesus wept-just imagine if you had to have that done in the 1970s or 1980s!! Destist gas was a hideous psychedelic experiment IMO
I had a few bad experiences when I was young in the early 80s, which put me off dentists in a big way. I had a gap in my front teeth from sucking my thumb, so they had to remove the piece of gum between my teeth and pull them back together with fishing line. I had to get stitches in the roof of my mouth which they then covered with some kind of plaster shite. After a day or two it all started to crumble away.

My poor ma had to get all her top teeth pulled out in her teens (early 60s maybe). They gassed her but they didn't give her enough, and she woke up half way through. Total horror story stuff.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2016, 10:18:25 pm »
Come on boys this doesn't sound too good! Hahahaha!!

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2016, 10:20:02 pm »
I had a few bad experiences when I was young in the early 80s, which put me off dentists in a big way. I had a gap in my front teeth from sucking my thumb, so they had to remove the piece of gum between my teeth and pull them back together with fishing line. I had to get stitches in the roof of my mouth which they then covered with some kind of plaster shite. After a day or two it all started to crumble away.

My poor ma had to get all her top teeth pulled out in her teens (early 60s maybe). They gassed her but they didn't give her enough, and she woke up half way through. Total horror story stuff.
[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] It wouldn't surprise me if many of the dentists in practice in the 1970s/80s were frauds

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2016, 10:20:10 pm »
Haha sorry mate. Seriously though, you'll be grand and you'll be rid of that pain.

Just don't watch the Marathon Man if you're in the mood for a movie tonight. ;D

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2016, 10:26:51 pm »
[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1] my apologies for the dark,long,painful anecdotes-but hey, that's history and dentistry has moved on light years-you'll be fine

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2016, 11:15:14 pm »
When I was about twelve our dentist used to say, "Well you're a big lad now, we won't be needing any anaesthetic", then the ol' whizzy drill started up. Looking back, he must have just been a sick bastard - some of the worst pain I've had in my life.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2016, 10:56:00 am »
Settle yerself down with a film so you can forget about it for a while. Something like Marathon Man.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2016, 11:04:17 am »
Settle yerself down with a film so you can forget about it for a while. Something like Marathon Man.
Is it safe?
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2016, 12:58:07 pm »
Used to hate the dentist when I was a kid, being given gas when having a tooth out was horrible.

Now don't mind so much radio on in the background, nice posh surgery with leather furniture and dentist is a good bloke too.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2016, 03:20:41 pm »
My dentist always has classic FM on - drives her asistants mad. I went in to have a root canal done (unnecessarily as it happens - turned out I had trigeminal neuralgia AKA the 'suicide disease', but that's another story) and as soon as I parked meself in the seat, Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights started up - that's the musical equivalent of watching the Marathon Man.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2017, 01:29:02 pm »
Just had a root canal done and I've a severe case of Stallone face.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Toothache
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2018, 09:42:00 am »
Hi Guys

Just a quick one, i have been in agony in the last few days with a tooth that the emergency dentist tried to take out but cracked it and said there was not enough tooth to pull now. They put a temporary filling until i go and see my private dentist. Just want to know if anyone has had any experience where there is not enough tooth to pull and what the process is?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Toothache
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2018, 11:47:41 am »
Had that but not as an emergency (wasn't in pain). My dentist referred me to the dental hospital for it (where they used it as a trqining case for a student!) They numb it up and essentially just dig deeper and pull it out, then put (dissolving) stitches in to close the gum up. Think its classified as minor surgery because of that, so my dentist wasn't keen on doing it.

If you're in agony, you could see if you can go to the dental hospital directly, think they used to take some patients (with serious problems) in as emergencies early in the morning.

Also if you can't see your own dentist soon I'd go back to the emergency one, its not right that they leave you in pain.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:52:38 am by redbyrdz »

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2018, 12:13:22 pm »
Had that but not as an emergency (wasn't in pain). My dentist referred me to the dental hospital for it (where they used it as a trqining case for a student!) They numb it up and essentially just dig deeper and pull it out, then put (dissolving) stitches in to close the gum up. Think its classified as minor surgery because of that, so my dentist wasn't keen on doing it.

If you're in agony, you could see if you can go to the dental hospital directly, think they used to take some patients (with serious problems) in as emergencies early in the morning.

Also if you can't see your own dentist soon I'd go back to the emergency one, its not right that they leave you in pain.

Thanks mate, i am booked in for my dentist on Monday so see what they say. Did they put you to sleep or just numb it up?

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2018, 02:31:32 pm »
Thanks mate, i am booked in for my dentist on Monday so see what they say. Did they put you to sleep or just numb it up?

No, they just numb it up, it doesn't take long either.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2018, 02:38:06 pm »
No, they just numb it up, it doesn't take long either.
Had exactly the same with the dental hospital here in Mcr. Relatively simple and painless.

God I miss that tooth!

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 3, 2018, 10:05:43 pm »
If ever you get a tooth pulled out and it doesn't heal properly and you end up with a dry socket then you will know what real fucking pain is, trust me.