Author Topic: Dentist  (Read 24644 times)

Pheeny

Re: Dentist
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2011, 08:18:21 am »
Implants are £2500 over here so 1700 Euro is very cheap (but admittedly still extremely expensive!).
the 1700€ is just for the implant itself no idea on how much the work is,that's paid for by the health insurance, as is the denture hence it being free. 

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2011, 10:35:23 pm »
the 1700€ is just for the implant itself no idea on how much the work is,that's paid for by the health insurance, as is the denture hence it being free. 

If it's a decent quality cobalt chrome denture, a free one is even more of a bargain. The "free" NHS dentures are nasty plastic/acrylic numbers. Not sure if I'd ever want an implant unless I lost a front tooth. It's not exactly a pleasant procedure.

Offline SteB

• Kopite
  • Our Reason, Our Inspiration, Our Pride. JFT 96
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2011, 03:25:14 pm »
Broke one of me back teeth when on holiday, was a bit of a pain with stuff getting stuck in it and that but wasn't causing any pain so just left it. Anyway, couple of months down the line it started causing me Freud so went the dentist last week.
When I was there the dentist and dental assistant were sound (and the assistant was fit) so while waiting for my mouth to numb up was having a gab and a laugh. They were saying that they had never seen a patient so calm about having a tooth out. I just said "well you have gone through years of training, you probably do this numerous times each day and the two of you seem confident enough so no reason for me to not be calm and trust you."
They loved that one "I said to them, if you got in my cab then would you be automatically terrified of me crashing or would you be confident of me driving as I have passed a test and drive every day"
To which the cheeky fit bird replied (in these words) "fuck that, I'm yet to meet a cabbie that can drive!"

Anyway, job done and I get off, on me way out the dentist runs after me and half way down the road I can hear her shouting my name. Turned around and went back to her and she says "Lisa wanted me to give you this" and gives me a piece of paper with the assistants number.

Anyway, been out with her a few times now and got lucky with her last night!

This type of thing just doesn't happen to me usually
What you see is what you get Youve made your bed, you better lie in it You choose your leaders and place your trust As their lies wash you down and their promises rust Youll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns And the public wants what the public gets But I dont get what this society wants

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
Broke one of me back teeth when on holiday, was a bit of a pain with stuff getting stuck in it and that but wasn't causing any pain so just left it. Anyway, couple of months down the line it started causing me Freud so went the dentist last week.
When I was there the dentist and dental assistant were sound (and the assistant was fit) so while waiting for my mouth to numb up was having a gab and a laugh. They were saying that they had never seen a patient so calm about having a tooth out. I just said "well you have gone through years of training, you probably do this numerous times each day and the two of you seem confident enough so no reason for me to not be calm and trust you."
They loved that one "I said to them, if you got in my cab then would you be automatically terrified of me crashing or would you be confident of me driving as I have passed a test and drive every day"
To which the cheeky fit bird replied (in these words) "fuck that, I'm yet to meet a cabbie that can drive!"

Anyway, job done and I get off, on me way out the dentist runs after me and half way down the road I can hear her shouting my name. Turned around and went back to her and she says "Lisa wanted me to give you this" and gives me a piece of paper with the assistants number.

Sounds like a story from On the Buses or a similarly rubbish sitcom ;D

Offline Aztera

• Anny Roader
  • Stresshead
« Reply #164 on: July 2, 2011, 10:26:40 am »
Anyone watch channel 4's dispatches on dentists? Seems like they're all trying to rip you off.

I really want a NHS dentist but all my local ones are only taking private patients, too expensive :(

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: July 3, 2011, 12:16:14 am »
Got to go this week I think, got chronic toothache, pain aint the word,  feel like crying/smashing some heads including mine into a brick wall  :butt
choose Life.

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #166 on: July 3, 2011, 12:47:49 am »

call me sceptical but unless I see photos or video on here about this then it didn't happen
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 5, 2013, 04:09:41 pm »
right, got given a filling about 4 hours ago, and its now quite painful? is this a normal thing to happen after having a filling?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #168 on: April 5, 2013, 04:29:22 pm »
right, got given a filling about 4 hours ago, and its now quite painful? is this a normal thing to happen after having a filling?

Quite often it will hurt yeah, maybe he bruised a nerve which'll stop hurting in no time. Just pop a couple of paracetomol and you'll be right as rain.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 5, 2013, 04:29:52 pm »

I'd say so, yeh. I'd give it 24/48 hours before worrying.

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 7, 2013, 01:47:46 am »
I think its fine now, alcohol helps

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #171 on: April 7, 2013, 07:45:59 am »
Went to the dentist a couple of months ago and it was the first time in 10 years or so, mostly because of the cost.

Turns out my teeth are in pretty good condition with one small cavity, but some tartar that needs removing. Can´t afford another visit now so it´ll be in the fall I think.

A good thing is that you can get a "subscription". If you do a survey of your dental health and fix the problems it reveals, you can pay a monthly fee and then you´re totally covered. My wife has one and she pays about £18 per month and she´s got a lot of issues with her teeth which would cost her loads and loads if she didn´t have it.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2013, 07:57:22 am by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Dental Problems
« Reply #172 on: March 3, 2015, 10:17:07 am »
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help, recently a temporary filling came out and i have not done anything about it which has made the tooth very sore. I have woke up this morning with the left side of my face inflamed. Anyone any suggestions?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dental Problems
« Reply #173 on: March 3, 2015, 10:18:38 am »
If you check the yellow pages you can probably find some niche service that deals with dental problems.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #174 on: March 3, 2015, 10:20:03 am »
If you check the yellow pages you can probably find some niche service that deals with dental problems.

I am not currently registered with a dental practice

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 3, 2015, 10:21:36 am »

Get to an emergency one then. If a filling comes out you're pretty much bollocksed until you get another one put in.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 3, 2015, 10:21:56 am »
Hi guys,

Hoping you can help, recently a temporary filling came out and i have not done anything about it which has made the tooth very sore. I have woke up this morning with the left side of my face inflamed. Anyone any suggestions?
As sarcastic as El Lobo's post was, it's the only real answer mate.  You can buy temporary filling paste in chemists, but I'm certainly not going to advise you to start arsing about with a tooth that sounds like it could be infected.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #177 on: March 3, 2015, 10:25:08 am »
As sarcastic as El Lobo's post was, it's the only real answer mate.  You can buy temporary filling paste in chemists, but I'm certainly not going to advise you to start arsing about with a tooth that sounds like it could be infected.

Yea think it could be an abscess to be honest.... hate dentist!!!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 3, 2015, 10:26:26 am »
If you want a bit of temporary relief (apart from painkillers) if you get some of that Cordosyl mouthwash it might help a little.

Toothache is the absolute worst

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #179 on: March 3, 2015, 10:28:21 am »
If you want a bit of temporary relief (apart from painkillers) if you get some of that Cordosyl mouthwash it might help a little.

Toothache is the absolute worst

Yea it looks as though i have a gobstopper inside my mouth mate

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #180 on: March 3, 2015, 10:31:49 am »
This time, it makes sense!

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 3, 2015, 10:37:16 am »
I'd certainly try some Cordosyl, you can also buy it gel form.  Clove oil might help, but it'll just mask the problem.  Abscesses can be quite serious so you need to get it sorted.

If you visit an NHS walk-in centre, they may be able to refer you to an emergency dentist or give you antibiotics or something.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #182 on: March 3, 2015, 11:33:23 am »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 3, 2015, 11:40:03 am »
Get to an emergency dentist. Sounds like an abcess, is your face swollen?

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #184 on: March 3, 2015, 11:58:07 am »

Yea mate

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #185 on: March 3, 2015, 12:12:16 pm »
Salt and boiling water

I had some sort of abcess\toothache and NHS direct suggested using that over corsodal when I tried to get an emergency appointment. the pain flares up every now and again but that seems to keep it at bay. something to do with my sinus which the doctor or dentist isnt taking responsibility for.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #186 on: March 3, 2015, 12:14:43 pm »
Lance it with a rock, and the blade of an ice skate.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #187 on: March 3, 2015, 12:28:09 pm »
Monitor your anal emissions carefully if you have an abscess.

As abscess makes the fart go Honda.
Kill the humourless

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #188 on: March 3, 2015, 01:50:21 pm »
This time, it makes sense!

Gone are the days when this would be the first response.

As stated above, get to a dentist or an ER quickly (dentist preferably, the ER will make you wait much longer usually) sounds like you might need a RCT, temp. filling off... you need to get it properly put back on.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #189 on: March 3, 2015, 02:29:57 pm »

Who did the temporary filling ?

And perhaps when?

You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #190 on: March 3, 2015, 02:33:20 pm »
Who did the temporary filling ?

And perhaps when?

Emergency dentist, and over a year ago. My own fault for not sorting i know. I am currently at work with one side of my face all swollen. God knows what they will do tonight at Dentist.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 3, 2015, 05:59:19 pm »
Had a temporary one put in about a month ago,cost me £45,went for the proper one today no charge..only trouble he  put the injection in & left it only bout 5 mins to freeze before he started drilling,christ it was like Goin to the school dentist in the 70's...

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 3, 2015, 09:19:37 pm »
Emergency dentist, and over a year ago. My own fault for not sorting i know. I am currently at work with one side of my face all swollen. God knows what they will do tonight at Dentist.

They'll likely just give you antibiotics and tell you to come back in a week once the swelling has gone down (from painful personal experience).

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #193 on: March 3, 2015, 09:32:21 pm »
Salt and boiling water

I had some sort of abcess\toothache and NHS direct suggested using that over corsodal when I tried to get an emergency appointment. the pain flares up every now and again but that seems to keep it at bay. something to do with my sinus which the doctor or dentist isnt taking responsibility for.

Salt and 'boiled' water. Boiling water will sort his toothache out by destroying the inside of his mouth.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 3, 2015, 10:05:57 pm »
They'll likely just give you antibiotics and tell you to come back in a week once the swelling has gone down (from painful personal experience).

Last time I had an abcess and went to en emergency dentist he just took my tooth out and the abcess goes, otherwise the abcess will keep returning sometimes if the tooth is left in and I don't think emergency dentists are that arsed, that's why it's an emergency, your own dentist might be more accommodating and give you antibiotics, do route canal etc

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: To the dentist
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2015, 01:26:25 pm »
2 fillings (with the possibility of one of them to be taken out) on friday. FML

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2015, 01:34:58 pm »
I'm on Denplan (monthly fee that covers any work needed and gives me 2 check ups and 2 hygienist appointments per year) and it's worked out really well.  About 5 years ago, I hadn't been to the dentist for ages and had some real potential issues with gum erosion, but the dentist and hygienist have been awesome at telling me where I need to brush more, what I need to avoid doing, etc.  Made a huge difference and I managed to stop the rot and get my gums back up and running.

One huge tip was from the hygienist, who pointed me towards oral irrigators instead of floss (which I never quite got the hang of because my hands are just too damn big and clumsy in my mouth) - so much easier to use and that's probably made the biggest impact.

But also if I need any work I quite actually like the feeling of a drill on my tooth, it's kind of soothing?  I Just lie back, watch the telly on the ceiling and relax into it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2015, 03:57:10 pm »
As a kid, the local dentist made

seem tame in comparison.

These days my dentist is a lovely Indian lady dentist who is able to put a filling in so well that you don't notice she has done the job until it's over.
Justice for the 96!

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2016, 12:16:51 pm »
My friend has had multiple root canals on his top, front tooth but the whole tooth is coming loose now and is going to have to be removed. Do they do implants on the NHS as he is struggling to eat or will he have to go private?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2016, 02:11:02 pm »
My friend has had multiple root canals on his top, front tooth but the whole tooth is coming loose now and is going to have to be removed. Do they do implants on the NHS as he is struggling to eat or will he have to go private?
For implants he will have to go private. I think they do bridges though on the NHS. He should just go and talk to his dentist for options.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly