Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 332696 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The weather
« Reply #720 on: June 21, 2017, 01:20:02 pm »
Thank fuck it's been a lot cooler yesterday and today. If I wanted to be baked, I'd have put myself in an oven.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #721 on: June 21, 2017, 01:21:43 pm »
Our weather is weird, a sweaty mess in this. Go to Nice or somewhere with the same temps and worse humidity and it feels beautiful!

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: June 21, 2017, 03:08:43 pm »
The times we shared together, you made me wet, but when i got inside at least i wasn't boiling hot.

Where art thou rain? Please come save me from this unbearable heat.

Sincererly

An out of place Brit.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #723 on: June 21, 2017, 03:17:02 pm »
Has anyone suffering from hayfever ever tried rubbing vaseline in their nostrils? Have hardly felt the effects of hayfever since starting this. The vaseline catches any pollen before it gets too far. Although I've read that because vaseline is made of petroleum jelly, if it's used for a prolonged period of time then there's a chance of catching pneumonia. There's a safer version called Haymax which I've started using, hope it works as well as vaseline.
I do this too, but mainly to aid nasal penetration
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #724 on: June 21, 2017, 03:45:43 pm »
Looking forward to some thunderstorms this evening.

The weatherman yesterday evening said "there are likely to be thunderstorms tomorrow and there may even be a small chance of lightning".

Soft twat.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: June 21, 2017, 03:53:55 pm »
Where art thou rain?

It is here now. Pissing it down here.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: June 21, 2017, 03:54:59 pm »
It is here now. Pissing it down here.
Boiling in Birmingham  :(

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: June 21, 2017, 04:34:45 pm »
Long may the heat and sun continue. Its great.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: June 21, 2017, 06:32:42 pm »
I can't wait for it to cool down.  It's hard to train in this weather.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: June 21, 2017, 06:42:29 pm »
I do this too, but mainly to aid nasal penetration

Sinal sex?

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #730 on: June 21, 2017, 07:06:14 pm »
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #731 on: June 21, 2017, 07:48:45 pm »
This is horrible

Run, sweat, shower, sweat, dry self, sweat

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: June 22, 2017, 07:56:52 am »
As someone said to me the other day, the UK is the only place you can go to bed in summer and wake up in autumn - its bloody cold this morning.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: June 22, 2017, 08:05:51 am »
Hope all you moaners are happy now. :(
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #734 on: June 22, 2017, 08:11:45 am »
Working from home in t shirt and shorts today. Happy enough!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: January 16, 2018, 10:00:40 pm »
Liverpool is getting battered by winds and fucking horrible cold rain. It's wicked here :) Hailstones like golf balls at 7.00 this morning.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: January 16, 2018, 10:31:25 pm »
Blowing a gale and hailstones in Manchester too, sounds ace as they batter the side of the house.

Missus is shitting it cos we fly to tenerife on Thursday and she hates bumpy flights
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: January 17, 2018, 08:21:39 am »
Liverpool is getting battered by winds and fucking horrible cold rain. It's wicked here :) Hailstones like golf balls at 7.00 this morning.

Pretty sure it was Manchester this week :D

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #738 on: January 17, 2018, 09:05:49 am »
Some actual snow in Scotland now, which is nice  8)
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #739 on: January 17, 2018, 09:38:35 am »
Some actual snow in Scotland now, which is nice  8)

We've had close to half a meter of snow in two days where I live in Sweden. I hate winter. Everything is chaotic. Council not clearing the roads efficiently or hastily enough. People getting stuck and constant snow shovelling.

It's still fucking snowing.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #740 on: January 17, 2018, 09:58:25 am »
I'd sooner live in 40 degree sweltering heat than this bitterly cold weather with brutal winds.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: January 17, 2018, 10:19:57 am »
Another working from home day, love the snow!
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #742 on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:18 am »
We've had close to half a meter of snow in two days where I live in Sweden. I hate winter. Everything is chaotic. Council not clearing the roads efficiently or hastily enough. People getting stuck and constant snow shovelling.

It's still fucking snowing.

Surprised to hear that the council not doing anything to it, in Sweden I mean, wouldn't surprise here as they don't have a clue how to handle snow.
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #743 on: January 17, 2018, 12:15:57 pm »
Surprised to hear that the council not doing anything to it, in Sweden I mean, wouldn't surprise here as they don't have a clue how to handle snow.
Depends on how efficient the council is. That much snow in his particular region sounds slightly unusual, compared with further north where they're arguably more used to it! Plus when it's continuous it's much harder to keep the roads open anywhere and I've experienced there that they usually wait until the snow's about to stop before sending the ploughs out, which is usually taken as a good sign by locals ;)

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #744 on: January 17, 2018, 12:28:33 pm »
Depends on how efficient the council is. That much snow in his particular region sounds slightly unusual, compared with further north where they're arguably more used to it! Plus when it's continuous it's much harder to keep the roads open anywhere and I've experienced there that they usually wait until the snow's about to stop before sending the ploughs out, which is usually taken as a good sign by locals ;)
Not usually been an issue from where I'm from in Finland that, hence me wondering how come such an issue in Sweden. But agree that certain areas could be more prepared than others.
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: January 17, 2018, 01:17:11 pm »
Not usually been an issue from where I'm from in Finland that, hence me wondering how come such an issue in Sweden. But agree that certain areas could be more prepared than others.
SEK. It costs. Perhaps some kommun are richer than others - Skellefteĺ was considered a rich one due to the gold mine at Boliden - not sure Willie's kommun has access to such income ;)  - when I lived in Östhammer Kommun I noticed they were a little more conservative in clearing the roads.....i.e. less frequent.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: February 6, 2018, 03:52:32 pm »
First snow we've had in Cornwall for 8 years today.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: February 6, 2018, 03:59:04 pm »
First snow we've had in Cornwall for 8 years today.

I still remember that. Got stuck in Padstow for ages. In a Swedish car with winter tyres but roads kept being blocked cos of crashes involving cars without them. Was fun though.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: February 6, 2018, 04:19:01 pm »
I still remember that. Got stuck in Padstow for ages. In a Swedish car with winter tyres but roads kept being blocked cos of crashes involving cars without them. Was fun though.

It was carnage in Truro for at least a week.

Steep hills, untreated roads, unsuitable vehicles and people who just aren't used to it. A recipe for disaster.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: February 6, 2018, 04:22:57 pm »
It was carnage in Truro for at least a week.

Steep hills, untreated roads, unsuitable vehicles and people who just aren't used to it. A recipe for disaster.
Yup - happy days ;D - so where was hit this time and how many millimetres did it take to bring the whole county to a grinding halt? ;)

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: February 6, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »
Yup - happy days ;D - so where was hit this time and how many millimetres did it take to bring the whole county to a grinding halt? ;)

It snowed all over Cornwall all morning, but didn't settle at all, it's now pissing down with rain. That will be it now for a decade.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: February 6, 2018, 04:27:41 pm »
Did you not have snow 5 years ago in Cornwall?  I was living in Plymouth at the time, but our flat was right on the coast and the snow was only falling inland. I remember seeing cars driving into town with a layer of snow on their roofs.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: February 6, 2018, 04:31:36 pm »
Did you not have snow 5 years ago in Cornwall?  I was living in Plymouth at the time, but our flat was right on the coast and the snow was only falling inland. I remember seeing cars driving into town with a layer of snow on their roofs.

No where I am, I only know it's 8 years as my 10 year old lad had his first experience of the stuff today, he was 2 last time it snowed so doesn't remember it.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: April 26, 2018, 10:04:26 pm »
We had hailstones here in Liverpool earlier tonight.
Currently it's fucking freezing with no sign of warming up after having a glorious few days last week.

The sun was hot as fuck last Thursday.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: April 26, 2018, 10:26:56 pm »
Currently it's fucking freezing with no sign of warming up after having a glorious few days last week.

We had them yesterday, been dry and sunny today but then its gone cold this evening. Went to footy training with my lad tonight, had to wear jeans and my LFC coat - a week ago was shorts and t-shirt.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #755 on: April 28, 2018, 12:39:07 am »

Was sitting in Sevvie Park for that. I was with a friend and this moody cloud was coming in from the North. I said to him what do you reckon of this one then. Ten minutes later whilst taking shelter beneath a tree he says to there's your answer.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: April 28, 2018, 12:43:21 am »
Was sitting in Sevvie Park for that. I was with a friend and this moody cloud was coming in from the North. I said to him what do you reckon of this one then. Ten minutes later whilst taking shelter beneath a tree he says to there's your answer.
Are you in the same flat across the road where we (not as in us) used to play footy in the 90's mate?

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #757 on: April 28, 2018, 12:33:32 pm »

The big house that run from Greenbank to Ibottsons Lane. Top spec .
Are you in the same flat across the road where we (not as in us) used to play footy in the 90's mate?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: April 29, 2018, 11:00:04 pm »
I heard geese flying over my house today. I'm convinced they're going back.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #759 on: April 29, 2018, 11:03:51 pm »
I heard geese flying over my house today. I'm convinced they're going back.

Me missus shouted me last week to come look, as there were two wild geese in our back garden and when I went and looked, I couldn't believe it, there at the bottom of the garden where Richard Burton and Roger Moore.

Crazy times
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family