162 (46.7%)
Mogger
20 (5.8%)
Crommy (or derivative)
5 (1.4%)
Any other
65 (18.7%)

Total Members Voted: 346

Author Topic: Lets formalise this, Southenders, Northenders, start your engines  (Read 80921 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lets formalise this, Southenders, Northenders, start your engines
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2015, 12:15:04 pm »
Just heard someone in work say their daughter got a croggy home from work last night (Ainsdale). Apparently that is specific to sitting on the handlebars though, not the seat.

Seems like it's called a backy here in Manchester.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »

Recalling my youth of over 40 years ago, it used to be a backa in Newcastle.

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2015, 04:16:16 pm »
Born in Anfield, bought up in Aigburth. Always known it as a takey.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2015, 07:18:26 am »
Born in the Bullring, moved to Everton, always a takey.

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2015, 12:27:47 pm »
Lived in Kirkby my whole life and always known it as a takey

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2015, 12:30:38 pm »
Never heard it referred to as anything other than a backy and I've lived in loads of different places in the UK
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2015, 07:15:37 pm »
The odd weirdo used to call it a backy around here. 95 percent of the time it was a takey.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »
Seater, L21
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #208 on: January 17, 2015, 11:15:19 am »
anyone calling it anything other than a Takey is a freak

...and what the fuck is a crommy?  ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #209 on: January 17, 2015, 11:30:21 am »
Bicycles?  Bicycles! 

No one in Liverpool had a fucking bicycle when I were a lad!

Our alternate mode of transportation was a coupla crushed cans attached to our bloody feet!

Kill the humourless

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2015, 12:28:32 pm »
anyone calling it anything other than a Takey is a freak

...and what the fuck is a crommy?  ;D
:lmao

Takey. Anything else is just wool.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2015, 01:32:11 pm »
FFS....some bad Teaxans in here la!!!

A mogger....that a c*nt who mugs cats???

A seater....that's what yer hear posh kids saying...oh,Algernon,could I have a seater back to our estate....amd not Norris Green or Canny Farm...a big fuck off gaff in Sandfield Park...a fuckin seater.....wools...

If you're a Scouser it's a Takey...always has been always will be...anything else is just bad wool behaviour... ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2015, 01:54:52 pm »
FFS....some bad Teaxans in here la!!!

A mogger....that a c*nt who mugs cats???

A seater....that's what yer hear posh kids saying...oh,Algernon,could I have a seater back to our estate....amd not Norris Green or Canny Farm...a big fuck off gaff in Sandfield Park...a fuckin seater.....wools...

If you're a Scouser it's a Takey...always has been always will be...anything else is just bad wool behaviour... ;D

End of thread.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2015, 07:59:59 pm »
It's a fuckin' 'seater'!

I should fuckin' know, I was cool enough to stick cans on the rear wheel so it sounded like a motorbike.
dios esta buena

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2015, 10:32:33 pm »
It's a fuckin' 'seater'!

I should fuckin' know, I was cool enough to stick cans on the rear wheel so it sounded like a motorbike.

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2015, 11:43:32 pm »
It was always a "legger" round ours (top end of Garston)
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #216 on: January 23, 2015, 12:10:23 am »
Outside the Swan Inn, Garston...three nights ago....it's sad but true....and it's stilll a takey....in Liverpool. ;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2015, 06:58:32 am »

What a sight! I recall the mournful 70's/80's chant containing the line '...with a 3 star jumper, halfway up his back, he's a fucking woolyback, woolyback...'. Heady times.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2015, 07:58:56 am »
Outside the Swan Inn, Garston...three nights ago....it's sad but true....and it's stilll a takey....in Liverpool. ;D

Surely you mean "The Duck"?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2015, 08:51:56 am »

So what did you call it when someone was chasing after you?

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 23, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »
Cressington way?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #221 on: January 23, 2015, 04:47:43 pm »
Cressington way?
  ;D

That would be would be a seater...posh c*nts there la.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:38 pm »
Er just like to correct everybody. Only girlie people had 'seaters'. Real budding proper bona fide time served authentic scouse menfolk that weren't puffters would be heard to say - "d'yer wanna crozzy?" or "gizza crozzy".

Merely telling it as it was.

:wave

With the greatest respect in the world Timbo, you're talking out yer fucking arse. You could give a takey and a crozzy at the same time, but they are both very different things. With the crozzy, the ragarse with no bike is in front of the bike rider, and with a takey, they were behind the rider. An intricate manoeuver to get all three on like, and you had to pedal like fuck to move a few yards, but it could be done.

Well worth waiting nine years to put you straight  ;D
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2015, 05:15:00 pm »

Did you have a fucking bike? either that or you're a Brown Airware owner. Legger was getting chased, and reserved for things like when you screamed "fat c*nt" at a porky older kid, booted other kids orange Wembley size 5 footy in front of a bus when you weren't supposed to be playing in their game, when you got caught fingering someone's daughter in their vestibule, or when you robbed something out of Bing's chippy. If you were from County Road in the late 70's early 80's and either a 50 odd year old fat arse, got a 45 year old daughter, got a ball ran over by the 21 in about 1980 or used to own a chippy on Goodison Road, you might know me  ;D
Macca resplendent!

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 23, 2015, 05:16:37 pm »

Fuckin hell, the Man About The House cast have aged well. Didn't know the blonde one had a sex change though.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2015, 05:54:17 pm »
Is this about motorbikes?

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2015, 06:42:12 pm »
"Legger" was getting "boat raced" as Macca rightly pointed out.

Subject change here. Was it "a jigger " or "an enog"?

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2015, 06:44:22 pm »
Did you have a fucking bike? either that or you're a Brown Airware owner. Legger was getting chased, and reserved for things like when you screamed "fat c*nt" at a porky older kid, booted other kids orange Wembley size 5 footy in front of a bus when you weren't supposed to be playing in their game, when you got caught fingering someone's daughter in their vestibule, or when you robbed something out of Bing's chippy. If you were from County Road in the late 70's early 80's and either a 50 odd year old fat arse, got a 45 year old daughter, got a ball ran over by the 21 in about 1980 or used to own a chippy on Goodison Road, you might know me  ;D
Was that one the same day?

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2015, 07:14:02 pm »

Enog, and we can dispense with that particular argument straight away before the fucking wools start chiming in.

Was that one the same day?

That was just on the way home from school. A swig of Thunderbirds or Merrydown and a quick Grand National race in Anfield Cemetery was the evening entertainment  ;D
Macca resplendent!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2015, 07:23:28 pm »
Macca,you fucka...... ;D that's genius la.

Enog...deffo.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2015, 09:20:44 pm »
Enog's a scouse word seater in Fazakerley.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2015, 08:55:25 am »
Enog, and we can dispense with that particular argument straight away before the fucking wools start chiming in.

That was just on the way home from school. A swig of Thunderbirds or Merrydown and a quick Grand National race in Anfield Cemetery was the evening entertainment  ;D
The chosen bevvy of us back in the 80's with a few Stella too. Enog is corect.Surely a "loosey" is the only true name for a spare ciggie.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 27, 2015, 02:59:32 pm »
The chosen bevvy of us back in the 80's with a few Stella too. Enog is corect.Surely a "loosey" is the only true name for a spare ciggie.

Loosey, which could be purchased from offies and ice cream vans throughout Walton and Anfield.

Mrs Macca, the fucking Maghull wool, started one last night. She said Home Bargains has always been called Home Bargains. I said that she was full of shite, and it was always called Home And Bargain. Did I unnecessarily trip her up as she walked past me and scream "fucking wool talk that, girl" in her ear? What say RAWK?
Macca resplendent!

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 27, 2015, 03:06:23 pm »
I'm sure it was Home and bargain coz me lad called it Hogan Bargains when he was little.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 27, 2015, 03:38:57 pm »
I actually emailed Home Bargains head office about that when I was arguing with a mate about that very conundrum and bored at work.

Originally their liverpool store was called Home And Bargain. Then they later expanded and rebranded, but everyone in Liverpool still calls it by its original name.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #235 on: January 27, 2015, 03:41:35 pm »
So as a kid Macca got a takey in the enog. Is that where we're up to?

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:43 pm »
So as a kid Macca got a takey in the enog. Is that where we're up to?
By the "ralla"?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
Also from Maghull and have always referred to it as Home & Bargain.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2015, 05:18:03 pm »
Until about 14 I thought it was actually called Home and Bargains
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #239 on: January 27, 2015, 05:48:27 pm »

Loosey, which could be purchased from offies and ice cream vans throughout Walton and Anfield.

Mrs Macca, the fucking Maghull wool, started one last night. She said Home Bargains has always been called Home Bargains. I said that she was full of shite, and it was always called Home And Bargain. Did I unnecessarily trip her up as she walked past me and scream "fucking wool talk that, girl" in her ear? What say RAWK?
Was always know as the pick and nick when we went up the Swan. ;D

Until now I always thought it was called Home And Bargain.