Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2009250 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #13080 on: February 20, 2021, 10:43:39 pm »
If Bobby's finished then so is Sadio. Jota staying fit would've been enough to rotate a little and keep things fresh. It's no coincidence that our front 3, as a 3 aren't performing because Bobby isn't. For months we talked about him being the system and what he does for Mo and Sadio.
Who talked about Bobby ‘being the system’? 🤣🤣

Last season Firmino scored one goal at home yet Salah and Mane were able to still perform.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #13081 on: February 20, 2021, 10:50:30 pm »
Who talked about Bobby ‘being the system’?

Last season Firmino scored one goal at home yet Salah and Mane were able to still perform.

Many times he was highlighted for being the one who orchestrated the front 3 by coming deeper and picking the ball up, also allowing the space behind for Mo and Mane. It was highlighted time and time again how his unselfishness as a false 9 allowed the others the accolades.

His overall link up play was much better last season which is why Mo and Mane scored plenty still.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #13082 on: February 20, 2021, 10:59:14 pm »
I’m almost more concerned about his inability to win the ball back, create turn overs etc. He’s always been the best in the league at that, he now seems weak and easily bullied, his upper body strength has disappeared.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13083 on: February 20, 2021, 11:08:22 pm »
Since the start of last season Liverpool have played 63 League games Bobby has played every single one. Mo has played 58 and Sadio 57. Add in jetting all over the world to play for their respective countries and it is no wonder our front three are knackered.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #13084 on: February 20, 2021, 11:18:43 pm »
Many times he was highlighted for being the one who orchestrated the front 3 by coming deeper and picking the ball up, also allowing the space behind for Mo and Mane. It was highlighted time and time again how his unselfishness as a false 9 allowed the others the accolades.

His overall link up play was much better last season which is why Mo and Mane scored plenty still.
Highlighted by who? That was just something people would say to excuse his lack of goals and assists.

Last season he was carried by Mane and Salah. This season Mane is out of form so we only have one forward who’s contributing. Teams know Firmino is not a danger so let him drop deep where constantly gives the ball away.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13085 on: February 20, 2021, 11:21:46 pm »
Highlighted by who? That was just something people would say to excuse his lack of goals and assists.

Last season he was carried by Mane and Salah. This season Mane is out of form so we only have one forward who’s contributing. Teams know Firmino is not a danger so let him drop deep where constantly gives the ball away.

I don’t agree. At his best and even some games his ability to hold up the ball and knit the passing together higher up the pitch helped create a cohesive attacking unit.

He wasn’t as good last year at all but had a bit of a good spell at the end of 2019 and start of 2020. After that though he has pretty much become a non entity and it’s not productive at all. For me we have to be looking to sell him this coming summer if we can.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13086 on: February 20, 2021, 11:22:21 pm »
Reckon its confidence/mental. He has no problem playing the most ridiculous passes and flicks and can easily receive any ball played straight at his back. But when he's got a clear line of sight on goal, he completely fucks it.

Of course it is. Anyone giving him stick just needs to go and watch his performances improve when fans came back. He's human and obviously thrives on our support. The whole team does.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #13087 on: February 20, 2021, 11:50:36 pm »
Of course it is. Anyone giving him stick just needs to go and watch his performances improve when fans came back. He's human and obviously thrives on our support. The whole team does.

Is that a unique ability only our players thrive on ffs.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13088 on: February 21, 2021, 12:00:32 am »
I don’t agree. At his best and even some games his ability to hold up the ball and knit the passing together higher up the pitch helped create a cohesive attacking unit.

He wasn’t as good last year at all but had a bit of a good spell at the end of 2019 and start of 2020. After that though he has pretty much become a non entity and it’s not productive at all. For me we have to be looking to sell him this coming summer if we can.

No way! We should not be looking to sell with Africa cup of nations next jan, we will lose salah and mane for 6 wks

We needed a new forward this summer come what may, Firmino's form for the last 2 yrs, means this search  has a different complexion

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13089 on: February 23, 2021, 09:22:48 am »
Mane and Firmino in 16 league games combined this year - Two goals

Mo Salah in 9 league games this year - Four goals

Jesse fucking Lingard in 4 league games this year - Three goals

We can moan and gripe all we want about not signing a CB on January 1st, but its pretty glaringly obvious what a massive issue the attack has become. And this is probably just as relevant in the Sadio Mane thread. But the drop off from those two is absolutely killing us at the moment. 6 goals in 35 games for Bobby this season. Yes we all know he's not just about goals, he's not to be measured in goals, but those are literally Fraizer Campbell numbers.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13090 on: February 23, 2021, 09:26:19 am »

We can moan and gripe all we want about not signing a CB on January 1st, but its pretty glaringly obvious what a massive issue the attack has become. And this is probably just as relevant in the Sadio Mane thread. But the drop off from those two is absolutely killing us at the moment. 6 goals in 35 games for Bobby this season. Yes we all know he's not just about goals, he's not to be measured in goals, but those are literally Fraizer Campbell numbers.

Isn't Firmino on more goals now than last season, or at this stage?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13091 on: February 23, 2021, 09:26:45 am »
Yeah his drop off in form has been akin to diving off a very large cliff.

It’s the rest of his game too though. Or at least it is going by eye. He seems to be running less, so not chasing down as much, not getting the tackles or interceptions he did. His first touch has been really poor and his passing close to non-existent.

If Jota had been fit then think he’d have been dropped a while ago.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13092 on: February 23, 2021, 09:45:55 am »
Isn't Firmino on more goals now than last season, or at this stage?

No idea.

He's got 6 in 25 games this season. So pretty much on course for what he ended up with last season (9 in 38) which is still pretty poor for an attacker. But as Craig says, its not just the goals. Last season he was clearly playing a lot better, so the meagre return was a fuck tonne easier to accept.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13093 on: February 23, 2021, 09:52:27 am »
No idea.

He's got 6 in 25 games this season. So pretty much on course for what he ended up with last season (9 in 38) which is still pretty poor for an attacker. But as Craig says, its not just the goals. Last season he was clearly playing a lot better, so the meagre return was a fuck tonne easier to accept.

At times this is true. He started the season in majestic form. Newcastle at home for example when he was Bergkamp-esque. Then he dropped off until the World Club Cup which seemed to re-energise him, coming into some form again for a month or so around Christmas and January.

But for the most part he wasn't particularly playing better than he is now. We were just winning every week so people couldn't possibly believe any of our players might not be playing at their best. Now we're seeing how fine the lines really are in football and what happens if a few of those players who really did help us win week, in week out either aren't there or aren't playing at their best either.

His shooting was dreadful. I've mentioned on here how only Salah and Jimenez took more shots than him last season (I think someone said Jesus and Sterling may have had more, too, but there's not much in it either way), yet 25 players scored more goals than him. I got told this was 'variance'. It's not variance. It's because he's shit at shooting a football.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:55:45 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13094 on: February 23, 2021, 09:55:36 am »
No idea.

I am not convinced that he played that much better. He definitely had a better spell around December to Jan last season away from home but his contribution to scoring has been on the wane for a long while and if anything, after the 17/18 season we have gone from a front 3 scoring all the goals to a front 2.

There has been a question mark over him for a while and the question is whether the club thought that when they bought Jota or were planning to buy Werner. Id be asking the same question over someone like Mane as well.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13095 on: February 23, 2021, 09:56:06 am »

massive issue.

Mane & Salah will miss next Jan/Feb as well with the ANC. Keita off then too.

We need 2 new forwards in the summer. Wont get them though

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13096 on: February 23, 2021, 10:00:53 am »
Id be asking the same question over someone like Mane as well.

He's obviously a long way from his best but I think this is massively harsh.

He's had COVID, he's had injuries, and most of the rest of the team collapsed before he did. I've had issues with Mane this season, don't get me wrong. Salah gets the greedy tag when actually I think Mane has made more greedy decisions in terms of shooting rather than passing than Salah has this season. It's hard not to wonder if their rumoured poor relationship away from the pitch has had an impact in that regard.

However, even when Mane isn't playing well, he remains a threat. He's our only player who consistently carries the ball to draw a foul or beat a man. He's our biggest aerial threat too. I think we can allow him a couple of months off the boil because he's still clearly a fantastic player. Firmino's rot is much glaringly deeper. A proper central presence would take massive pressure off Mane and Salah.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 10:02:47 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #13097 on: February 23, 2021, 12:25:51 pm »
Bobby is absolutely knackered from the amount of football he's played over 3-4 years.

What's the solution, we have to use him less and bring in a rotation option. Or perhaps develop him as a number 10, if we play 4-2-3-1 at one point? He played there in Germany and so it's not new to him.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #13098 on: February 23, 2021, 01:06:33 pm »
Why in this world does he "Like" the photo of Richarlison scoring at Anfield and celebrating their win over us? First one in over a decade and first one at Anfield in this century?

What the fuck is wrong with him? What is there to like?

Absolutely mind-boggling.

I don't care if they are both Brazilians or mates....the guy is literally celebrating at the expense of Liverpool Football Club, the club that employs Firmino and pays him over 100k a week, yet he "likes" a post celebrating a Liverpool loss in a game he had his usual stinker? Especially knowing the unprecedented rot we're in and the overall mood with the fans now.

Makes you really think if the players even care if we lose/win.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13099 on: February 23, 2021, 01:08:12 pm »
Why in this world does he "Like" the photo of Richarlison scoring at Anfield and celebrating their win over us? First one in over a decade and first one at Anfield in this century?

I don't care if they are both Brazilians or mates....the guy is literally celebrating at the expense of Liverpool Football Club, the club that employs Firmino and pays him over 100k a week, yet he "likes" a post celebrating a Liverpool loss in a game he had his usual stinker? Especially knowing the unprecedented rot we're in and the overall mood with the fans now.

If you think that the players don't care then you haven't been paying attention for the last several years.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13100 on: February 23, 2021, 01:09:04 pm »

Or maybe some players are just dumb? We have a goalkeeper that supports a fascist. Some are not very bright.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:10:36 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #13101 on: February 23, 2021, 02:00:51 pm »

Aye seen the dog abuse he's getting on social media for it. Such a stupid stupid thing to do liking a post of your biggest rival celebrating a goal at your own ground

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13102 on: February 23, 2021, 02:02:15 pm »
Can't believe he liked that pic. Wtf was he thinking?

Honestly some of our lads are far too nice btw. Miss the Suarez attitude sometimes. Can you imagine him liking a pic like that. FFS Bobby.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13103 on: February 23, 2021, 02:09:09 pm »
No excuses for that from Firmino. Weird from Alisson too. It’s Arsenal behaviour.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #13104 on: February 23, 2021, 02:21:38 pm »
It's a bit silly for Firmino to like an Instagram post from Richarlison given the circumstances.

But 'it's bit silly' is all it is. At the very max it could be insinuated that he doesn't quite get the Liverpool Everton relationship and how it may rub some fans up the wrong way.

I think it's highly unlikely that it's indicative of him not caring or not hurting after a loss. There's a lot more evidence from on the pitch over the years that suggest Firmino cares and puts in 100% every game. Him liking an Instagram post is a minor indiscretion. Nothing more, nothing less IMO.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13105 on: February 23, 2021, 02:23:33 pm »
It's a bit silly for Firmino to like an Instagram post from Richarlison given the circumstances.

But 'it's bit silly' is all it is. At the very max it could be insinuated that he doesn't quite get the Liverpool Everton relationship and how it may rub some fans up the wrong way.

I think it's highly unlikely that it's indicative of him not caring or not hurting after a loss. There's a lot more evidence from on the pitch over the years that suggest Firmino cares and puts in 100% every game. Him liking an Instagram post is a minor indiscretion. Nothing more, nothing less IMO.

Well said

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13106 on: February 23, 2021, 02:41:54 pm »
Post-baptism

Played 56 Goals 9 Assists 11

Last season pre-baptism

Played 31 Goals 10 Assists 9

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13107 on: February 23, 2021, 02:44:36 pm »
No excuses for that from Firmino. Weird from Alisson too. It’s Arsenal behaviour.

What's Alisson done?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13108 on: February 23, 2021, 02:49:02 pm »
What's Alisson done?

Think he spoke to and put his arm around Pickford at the end of the game.

Offline joshlfc94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13109 on: February 23, 2021, 03:01:17 pm »
We definitely need a new pure number 9 in the summer (even though we won't get one). It's not a knee jerk reaction Bobby has been poor for well over a year now. We need a clinical striker who can also play with his back to goal. Someone like Haaland, Jovic, Silva even Lukaku.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13110 on: February 23, 2021, 03:04:25 pm »
Think he spoke to and put his arm around Pickford at the end of the game.

Ah right, maybe just showing off how long his arms are.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13111 on: February 23, 2021, 03:38:27 pm »
I'd be interested in seeing him played as a ten in a 4231 or as one of the more advanced 8s in our current system.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #13112 on: February 23, 2021, 03:42:20 pm »
Our problem is that Bobby has been a single point of failure and him being off-form, and/or tactically nullified by the opposition causes us massive problems.

As yet, we don't have another way of playing with or without him. Jota is the closest we have to an alternative that has worked.

I'm not bothered about the number of goals Bobby has scored in total, it's more about how many chances he's missed in big moments. Last season he scored important goals in the wcc against Wolves and more. This year it is only really against Spurs.

Of course we have the situation where so many players are off it but Bobby is probably the one we see most as we remember the misses more than someone like Mo who still scores alongside the misses.

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13113 on: February 23, 2021, 03:45:05 pm »
Ah right, maybe just showing off how long his arms are.

;D ;D

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13114 on: February 23, 2021, 05:02:04 pm »
What's Alisson done?

Smiling and laughing with his arm around Pickford after the game.

Would you smile and laugh with someone who maimed your mate and has just taken a 22 year old record from you?

Online Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13115 on: February 23, 2021, 05:03:12 pm »
I'd be interested in seeing him played as a ten in a 4231 or as one of the more advanced 8s in our current system.

Not sure he has the physicality or mobility to play as an 8 in our current system.

He could play in 4-2-3-1 as a No.10 but that probably means playing Salah as the No.9. Not sure Salah would work wide right with a more traditional No.9 in 4-2-3-1. Think the No.9 would occupy the space Salah currently tries to utilse with diagonal runs in the current system.

I like 4-2-3-1 as a system but you probably add more defensive responsibility to the wide players in the 3 compared to our current fromt 3. Therefore I would guess that someone like Mane would spend slightly more time playing deeper and away from the opposition penalty area in 4-2-3-1 than 4-3-3.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #13116 on: February 23, 2021, 06:11:25 pm »
The lad who come up with the line 'give the ball to Bobby and he will score' must be well devo'd.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13117 on: February 23, 2021, 07:08:22 pm »
Bobby not playing well isn't a reason to sell. We want to build a squad and yet sell our better players just because someone hasn't played well.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13118 on: February 23, 2021, 07:50:39 pm »
Bobby not playing well isn't a reason to sell. We want to build a squad and yet sell our better players just because someone hasn't played well.

Thats not always how things work though. We dont have any money, how do we sign new players without selling the ones that dont perform?

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13119 on: February 23, 2021, 07:57:51 pm »
Thats not always how things work though. We dont have any money, how do we sign new players without selling the ones that dont perform?
We've got enough players in and around our squad that are surplus to requirements though? Origi, Wilson, Grujic, etc.