Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers.  (Read 34307 times)

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers.
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 10:12:19 pm »
I posted earlier today, but i heard from my mate who plays disabled football, and at a game over the weekend Brendan Rodgers' agent was there (hes also Walcott's and Jones' agent i think). My mate said the agent told him that Brendan Rodgers' is regarded as one of the most tactically aware managers in the league and he is well respected. Also says that in training we are a class team. Also says that hes very stubborn.
Well bring his agent he isn't going to call him a daft twat was he?
 ;)
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 10:13:02 pm »
I'm not lad, I am asking him not to.

I know I quoted you but I meant it in general. Not just as a comment to you.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 10:14:00 pm »
He has always played out of his skin, he was in as good if not better form in the first 6 months of his time here. Started last season really well also.

That shithead from up the road really fucked him last season along with the ban.

Murder. Empty house.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline pepecat

• Main Stander
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »
I posted earlier today, but i heard from my mate who plays disabled football, and at a game over the weekend Brendan Rodgers' agent was there (hes also Walcott's and Jones' agent i think). My mate said the agent told him that Brendan Rodgers' is regarded as one of the most tactically aware managers in the league and he is well respected. Also says that in training we are a class team. Also says that hes very stubborn.
"Well, he would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies to Lord Astor at Stephen Ward's trial.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »
Usual suspects aren't in here yet criticizing his ability with their superior knowledge.  Wait 'til we drop points again and they'll show up...

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2012, 12:31:15 am »
I am extremely comfortable with him in charge, I have completely invested all my belief in him and his system.  He seems to be very open to new things, very adaptable, very tactically aware.  If he can bring in the right players in January, I honestly think we will see the best of him and the team.

Excited for the future.

Offline kevinbrodie

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:56 am »
i couldn't believe he took suso off yesterday. felt like turning of the match..but happy to say i was wrong and he was correct. It proved to be the difference. 
Rafa is my Shankly

Offline YulPistolero

• Kemlynite
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 01:52:25 am »
We are 11th. Praise will be present when due. I am sure all the staff are working towards that.

Agreed.

The 'give him time' approach applies both ways. It is as pertinent after one victory as it is after one loss.

Come Easter we will all know where Liverpool stands and, more importantly, where we're going.

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:06 am »
Very interesting the way he has spoken about getting players who will be able to capitalise on the space that suarez creates

We'll see come January how clever he is. The contents of press conferences are not worth getting excited about.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:13 am »
He has always played out of his skin, he was in as good if not better form in the first 6 months of his time here. Started last season really well also.

That shithead from up the road really fucked him last season along with the ban.

I think Rodgers is getting the best performances we've seen out of Luis on a consistent basis. Saying that he was awesome in his first six months and I agree the Evra episode badly affected him last season.

I've been impressed with the way Rodgers makes clever changes early in games - sometimes Rafa would wait too long & not deviate from his preplanned 60-70 minute substitutions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:48:08 am by Neil D »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:22 am »
I think Rodgers is getting the best performances we've seen out of Luis on a consistent basis. Saying that he was awesome in his first six months and I agree the Evra episode badly affected him last season.

I've been impressed with the way Rodgers makes clever changes early in games - sometimes Rafa would wait too long & not deviate from his preplanned 60-70 minute substitutions.

Late substitutions have their argument too, such as wearing down the opposition and waiting for them to commit themselves tactically before making your move. If you can keep your fresher legs until the opponents can't make any more changes, you can hurt them where it counts. Ideally, you should avoid the need for early substitutions as it means you got it wrong tactically in the first place. Make them if you need to, but it's better not to have to make them at all, but keep them until the other manager has committed himself first.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 04:26:13 am »
Love the bloke!! Got a really good feeling aboot him.Hope to fuck he makes it here,I really do!! Love everything about the lad

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 07:47:01 am »
Oh I agree fully. It's when it becomes a habit(having to change personnel AND formation in-game for a run of games)- then I start to question the original tactics for each of those games. Rafa rarely had to do so for instance.

As you say though- the ability to spot a mistake early and rectify it, is the encouraging thing.
I'd like to add another thing that's encouraging...

Our season didn't start as well as we would have liked, but Rodgers does seem to be able to see out a bit of a turn in results. Yes, it's still early, but after the initial 3 or so losses, we've turned to draws, staying consistent and hopefully this latest result may mark a positive turn of results.

7 games unbeaten- after a dissapointing start- is not something to dismiss out of hand, in our situation.
I think he's shown signs of being a great motivator and a no-nonsense boss in the same vein as our greats. You either perform or be dropped and he doesn't let sentiment get in the way of performances or allow it to disrupt his philosophy(read Andy, Downing and maybe Ngoo). That is the mark of a stubborn bastard who is willing to take a few punches in order to get results. I'm sure he'll give players something similar to "hairdryer treatment" if things don't work out.

The above- being able to turn results around, being able to motivate players and being bold in his treatment of his staff as well as his ability to spot a mistake early and rectify it, makes for a hell of a lot of optimism. Early signs point to a real manager.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:50:07 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Vund

• Votes Tory.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 08:44:23 am »
I'm glad to see Brendan and Tom Werner come out today and unequivocally say that Sterling and Suarez will not be sold under any circumstances. Also regarding our league position, we really ought to be in 6th, as two points lost against everton, two points lost against city by one tiny mistake, and the incorrect sending off of shelvey against united, when we were totally dominating could/should have been at worst a draw. However woulda shoulda coulda and all that

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 09:00:28 am »
Anyone else noticed that for the past four to five games, we have been utter tosh in the first half but as soon as he makes that first sub we look a completely different unit altogether.

Love that he doesn't make substitutions for the heck of it, always for a reason.

:scarf

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 09:06:10 am »
Love the bloke!! Got a really good feeling aboot him.Hope to fuck he makes it here,I really do!! Love everything about the lad

Now the pressure is easing life will get easier for him. He's a manager that I really hope 'get's enough time'. So far he's doing okay, and his recent show of pragmatism has helped him no end. I want him to be given till the end of the season before anyone critiques him. He must have a free pass. Now he's eased up slightly on his regimented system we're seeing the benefit.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 09:09:15 am »
Needs some time and understanding.
My only fear is the owners shorthanding him with both money and patience.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 09:15:10 am »
How out of the realms of possibility would it be to suggest that suso was told he would be coming off before the game at a certain time or that the sub was planned in an effort to surprise Martinez & his players. We totally dominated after the sub so why not just start with hendo? we lined up like for like at the start and just as wigan were in the ascendency, we make the sub and were on the front foot.

I was surprised at a sub 30 odd mins in and it looked extremely routine.

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 09:26:27 am »
It seems to me that Brendan is experimenting in every game and using this season as a learning curve. We all know that we are a work in progress but one of the best aspects is that he knows when he hasn't got it right and isn't afraid to hold his hands up and change things. This hopefully keeps the players on their toes and they are prepared to play a different role or position if it helps the team.

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 09:42:10 am »
Been fairly impressed with him so far this season.  The only thing that slightly annoys me about him though is the way he goes on about tactics and so forth in pressers and post match interviews. Tends to make him come across as though he's reinvented the way to play football.

I wish he wouldn't state every single thing out loud as well.  Like how we're going to be buying strikers in January.  Keep in in house Brendan.  No need to broadcast.
In fairness Rich, stevie wonder can see we need strikers.....
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline The 2econd Coming

• Copperopolis Tosser(opolis) with a case of the Mumbles
  • Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2012, 10:14:28 am »
Couldnt see another open topic.

Anyway, very impressed by him yesterday with his tactical changes, thats a few times this season he has made good tactical changes during a match and helped change the game. Also encouraging that he realises the weaknesses in the squad and how they need to be solved. Very interesting the way he has spoken about getting players who will be able to capitalise on the space that suarez creates

I have to say I agree, we can add Wigan to the likes of Norwich and Reading now. Swansea next...??

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2012, 10:37:25 am »
Really like Rodgers as a guy, he talks a lot but I get the feeling that's just because he loves the game so much, he always wants to talk about it. Very passionate, and he's won me over with his flexibility and adaptability. Wouldn't have expected to see us use so many formations already, nor tactical changes after just 30 minutes in. Interesting times, I hope he gets who he wants in January.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2012, 10:44:54 am »
Anyone else noticed that for the past four to five games, we have been utter tosh in the first half but as soon as he makes that first sub we look a completely different unit altogether.

Love that he doesn't make substitutions for the heck of it, always for a reason.

:scarf
Yip- and I can remember 2 or so games where he didn't make subs or made 1 sub at 80mins or so. Some people were starting to mumble that "this guy is another one of those..." and so forth.

He really doesn't make subs excpet for good reason- in our early cases, mainly to rest/ease-in players and lately to change games.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2012, 11:22:30 am »
I hate to be killjoy, but I believe it is easier to take off an 18 year old half an hour into the game then it is for a senior pro.

Also Why make the change so early with 15 minutes remaining until the end of the half, and is it neccsary against the mighty Wigan, who were actually equal with us for the first half, so I guess the difference between the teams is not much.

I hope Suso confidence has not been affected, but it could have waited for sure.

Did the subsitution really change the game, or was it a lazy backpass and error from Wigan that helped us get the first goal, and a bad refereing decision for the third, and completely shambolic defending from Wigan for the second goal.

having siad that the stats are more reasonable, win 25%, lost 25% drawn 50%.

We see what the next 12 games brings, but we really need to keep cool on the euphoria of beating Wigan... :-X

"My methods have translated and worked well from Halmstad to Malmo"

• Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2012, 11:46:07 am »
I hate to be killjoy, but I believe it is easier to take off an 18 year old half an hour into the game then it is for a senior pro.

Also Why make the change so early with 15 minutes remaining until the end of the half, and is it neccsary against the mighty Wigan, who were actually equal with us for the first half, so I guess the difference between the teams is not much.

I hope Suso confidence has not been affected, but it could have waited for sure.

Did the subsitution really change the game, or was it a lazy backpass and error from Wigan that helped us get the first goal, and a bad refereing decision for the third, and completely shambolic defending from Wigan for the second goal.

We see what the next 12 games brings, but we really need to keep cool on the euphoria of beating Wigan... :-X

Good post. I wonder what his interviews would be like without the words outstanding and terrific?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2012, 11:50:34 am »

So presumably the gap between Wigan and Spurs is even less and Norwich will be title contenders after beating United?

Neither the first goal or the third were a direct consequence of the of the back pass or the throw in. There was still plenty of work that needed to be done to score those goals.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2012, 11:51:02 am »
Good post. I wonder what his interviews would be like without the words outstanding and terrific?

You really are an ungrateful and odious little man.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2012, 11:51:05 am »
We are 11th. Praise will be present when due. I am sure all the staff are working towards that.

We're one silly back pass from Skrtel and a dodgy Lino against Everton from being 7th on the same points as Arsenal in 6th potentially 4 points behind 4th

I know things even themselves out over the course of a season and we have been fortunate with the header against Wigan when it was their throw in and similar against Everton but we've played a lot of the top sides already

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 11:53:32 am »

Well I doubt he uses those phrases when talking about our 'support'.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2012, 11:54:16 am »

Agreed. In this day and age of want it all now football fans, I just hope he gets time to do what he wants to do. So far, from what I can see, he looks great. His ideas, his willingness to give young players a chance, his man management. I like him a lot.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2012, 11:54:43 am »

:butt
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2012, 11:56:38 am »
Well I doubt he uses those phrases when talking about our 'support'.

He's a bitter and twisted Swansea fan with nothing better to do than join a Liverpool forum to bad mouth his ex-manager and player. 

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2012, 11:59:46 am »
He's a bitter and twisted Swansea fan with nothing better to do than join a Liverpool forum to bad mouth his ex-manager and player. 

Makes sense.

I'm still old fashioned enough to assume that everyone on this site is actually a Liverpool supporter. Never understood the whole 'lets join other teams forums' but maybe thats just me.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2012, 12:01:14 pm »
We get it. You're a Swansea fan, you've come on here purely to slate Rodgers and Allen.
Opposition fans are welcome but not when they behave like that - any more and you're off.

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2012, 12:01:32 pm »

You're a sensitive ol bunch on here aye. What's wrong in a bit of footballing rivalry and banter?

There's enough on here still "bitter" about Torres. It's no big deal, surely?

Back on topic, I'm not going to look forward to Rodger's bloody interviews this week, I can hear them now :-(

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2012, 12:03:44 pm »
We get it. You're a Swansea fan, you've come on here purely to slate Rodgers and Allen.
Opposition fans are welcome but not when they behave like that - any more and you're off.

18 Seconds, maybe a new record?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »

I understand this place is vigorously moderated but surely I've not crossed the line anywhere? You boys are made of sterner stuff than this ain't ya? You coming to Swansea?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2012, 12:06:09 pm »
I understand this place is vigorously moderated but surely I've not crossed the line anywhere? You boys are made of sterner stuff than this ain't ya? You coming to Swansea?
It's incredibly tedious and just results in stupid bickering - that's not really what we want on here. As I said, you're welcome to stay but not if all you do is criticise Rodgers and Allen.

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »
It's incredibly tedious and just results in stupid bickering - that's not really what we want on here. As I said, you're welcome to stay but not if all you do is criticise Rodgers and Allen.

I only came on here to sign your petition, then I got carried away reading your thoughts on Rodgers and Hammerstein, err, Allen.... Joke, just a joke... apologies in advance.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 12:15:01 pm »
I only came on here to sign your petition, then I got carried away reading your thoughts on Rodgers and Hammerstein, err, Allen.... Joke, just a joke... apologies in advance.

Opposition fans are more than welcome. If for example you discussed how Swansea played under Rogers, and how we are playing now under him, even if you now hate him, you'd be welcome.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.