The Liverpool FC Forum > Opinion

The John W Henry Interview - Part Two

<< < (45/46) > >>

Greebo62:
I tweeted a question to John Henry yesterday at 21.15

"@John_W_Henry are you aware how despised #hodgsonout is by the fans. imagine anfield when the fans are happy it ROCKS #lfc #ynwa"

Two hours later he tweeted the links to this and the part 1 thread. 

From this I think we can make the logical assumption that John Henry, and Tom Werner and others are, if not by lurking in the forums themselves, at least getting some staffers/colleagues to do so.  As a result we can also therefore assume the following:

That they are fully informed about the majority of views on the Manager
That they are fully aware of the feelings about the way Rafa was dealt with (both sides)
That they fully understand the bafflement and indignation of fans over the treatment of certain players
that they are completely aware of our views on both the British Media treatment of LFC, and of the respective treatments of Rafa and Hodgson
That they are equally well informed of the alleged roles of certain players in the undermining of Rafa

I know that John Henry also follows This is Anfield, Spirit of Shankly and Save Liverpool FC on twitter.  This is clearly a man who wishes to be informed about the club he has bought.

The way I see it is this.  If NESV as an organisation, and John Henry as an individual are that well informed, I think we can also safely assume therefore, that they are able to realise who are the WUMs and morons and who are the informed, intelligent and observant writers and commentators on LFC. which can only give us hope. 

Like many I log on each evening (no interweb allowed at work for security reasons), hoping to see that Roy has finally been sacked or "reached a mutual agreement in the interests of the club".  Like many, I am constantly disappointed.  However, being sensible about it, I have to assume based on the reasoning above, that sonner or later NESV will make changes to the management, will do their utmost to keep hold of vital and loyal players, will resolve some of the player power struggles going on (I think we all know what I mean), will come up with a viable (and perhaps surprisingly sentimental) stadium solution, and will give us a club to be proud of again.

All the information we have about John Henry and NESV is that they quietly go about their business, making well informed and intelligent decisions and always try to build for success.  Given that, and my points above I have a building admiration for the fact that they haven't acted in a knee jerk fashion, but are biding their time, gathering information and quietly making the right decisions at the right time.

YNWA

shelovesyou:
A simple question, but after reading about Henry's interest in metrics etc , do we feel it is right for the Owners of any club to be so heavily involved with the rationale behind the potential purchases of players for the team ?
I mean he obviously strongly believes in this system and to be honest I dont confess to know anything about it myself but this seems to  be the mantra filtering down from the top to Comolli.
I may have read this all wrong so forgive my ignorance if I have but it does concern me.

inky2:

--- Quote from: JackWard33 on November 15, 2010, 12:35:29 pm ---Fiver says it was Charles Itjande

--- End quote ---

:)

JP!:

--- Quote from: shelovesyou on November 27, 2010, 01:02:52 pm ---A simple question, but after reading about Henry's interest in metrics etc , do we feel it is right for the Owners of any club to be so heavily involved with the rationale behind the potential purchases of players for the team ?

--- End quote ---

He's spending the money, so he's entitled.

Martyb-Nmbr19-2011:
so where are they then...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version