Author Topic: Ultimate Multi Club Draft  (Read 21499 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Ultimate Multi Club Draft
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2021, 02:19:58 pm »
I'll be out until about 18:30 this evening as I've got to actually pop into work this afternoon (only about the fifth time in 18 months) so if I'm first gimme Messi if not I'll attend to business when I return.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2021, 02:29:01 pm »
I'll be out until about 18:30 this evening as I've got to actually pop into work this afternoon (only about the fifth time in 18 months) so if I'm first gimme Messi if not I'll attend to business when I return.

Batigol will feel heartbroken about that decision :D
Linudden.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2021, 02:34:23 pm »
Quick question - are we picking a team or a player?   It seems as if we are picking players and then eliminating via club participation, but I got it in my cabasa that we pick a team and can select up to 3 players from that team max.

Or am I projecting onto this draft something that is not there?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2021, 02:41:51 pm »
Quick question - are we picking a team or a player?   It seems as if we are picking players and then eliminating via club participation, but I got it in my cabasa that we pick a team and can select up to 3 players from that team max.

Or am I projecting onto this draft something that is not there?

You are picking a player AND at the same time choosing which club you're using to represent them. Then that team is crossed off everyone's list.

I think there might have been another draft suggestion similar to the one you mention above. One for another day perhaps.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2021, 02:45:48 pm »
You are picking a player AND at the same time choosing which club you're using to represent them. Then that team is crossed off everyone's list.

I think there might have been another draft suggestion similar to the one you mention above. One for another day perhaps.

Thanks Betty!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2021, 03:29:13 pm »
Yup pick 1 player then you choose to eliminate 1 team that player has played over 50 games for.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2021, 03:50:30 pm »
Yup pick 1 player then you choose to eliminate 1 team that player has played over 50 games for.

Might not want to be the 16th pick here mate?  How about you?  What is the ideal draft order spot
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2021, 03:58:06 pm »
Might not want to be the 16th pick here mate?  How about you?  What is the ideal draft order spot

I do personally feel that one of the rounds 3, 5, 7, 9 or 11 should be reversed to help the late drafters (like how we did in the LFC draft) but that's for Adz to decide  :)
Linudden.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2021, 04:00:10 pm »

Not sure about that, there's quite a few all time greats who will last into the 2nd/3rd rounds and then the drop off will be quite substantial so it'll probably be fairly even all the way through.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2021, 04:00:17 pm »
Nah just the usual process for order I'd say chaps
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2021, 04:00:55 pm »

Buggered if I know but a lot of good teams are gonna go bye bye after the first few picks so the higher the better.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2021, 04:01:54 pm »
Buggered if I know but a lot of good teams are gonna go bye bye after the first few picks so the higher the better.

I’m think the first few will pick the ‘super clubs’ but unless they’re one club men you should still be able to pick a lot of players who played for those clubs.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2021, 04:03:09 pm »
Are national teams apart of this calculus too
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2021, 04:03:29 pm »
I’m think the first few will pick the ‘super clubs’ but unless they’re one club men you should still be able to pick a lot of players who played for those clubs.

True a lot of star players left their "main club" and played for smaller club later in their careers so it'll be a saving grace.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2021, 04:04:43 pm »
Haha I can't even imagine the wall at chez Trend by the end of this as he works out all the optimum permutations.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2021, 04:06:34 pm »
Haha I can't even imagine the wall at chez Trend by the end of this as he works out all the optimum permutations.

It’ll be like David Moyes’s scouting cave.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2021, 04:10:41 pm »

This is so true... and Charlie and I have a lot in common

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2021, 04:13:58 pm »
Batigol will feel heartbroken about that decision :D
As will I  ;) I'm sure he'll last at least a few rounds. The key to this one appears to be identifying teams that shone brightly but not for so long, who had some serious footballers.

This is going to be fun due to the lack of planning and real strategy you can go with, it really does very much have to be off the cuff. I've a feeling there could be some teams that are extremely good alongside some where there's two or three world-beaters playing alongside a few plodders and journeymen.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2021, 04:15:44 pm »
I'll ask again - total appearance > 50 in a National Team count or we just doing club footy?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2021, 04:17:41 pm »
I'll ask again - total appearance > 50 in a National Team count or we just doing club footy?

I’d say just clubs. Unless you have a one club man with over 50 caps they’re most likely not going to be in their top two appearances anyway. But then would you have to block countries?  Murky world. Don’t touch it son.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2021, 04:20:26 pm »
Club domestic league apperances as denoted by the player charts on Wikipedia  :D

As will I  ;) I'm sure he'll last at least a few rounds.

Last famous words when Roma and Fiorentina get picked in the first round  ;D
Linudden.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2021, 04:22:00 pm »

I'd say just club football

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2021, 04:25:57 pm »

Clubs.

You pick Van Basten first, you can choose to 'eliminate' either Ajax or Milan so no-one else can 'pick' them. Lets say you choose Ajax. I pick Gullit next. I can choose either Milan or Feyenoord. I choose Milan. Now both of those sides are eliminated. So now no-one can pick Rijkaard cos his first and second most appearances (Ajax and Milan) are already gone.

Club domestic league apperances as denoted by the player charts on Wikipedia  :D

Full appearances though (so using a wiki breakdown of all games including Europe and domestic cups unless there isn't one)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 04:27:39 pm by fucking appalled »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2021, 04:28:00 pm »
Clubs.

You pick Van Basten first, you can choose to 'eliminate' either Ajax or Milan so no-one else can 'pick' them. Lets say you choose Ajax. I pick Gullit next. I can choose either Milan or Feyenoord. I choose Milan. Now both of those sides are eliminated. So now no-one can pick Rijkaard cos his first and second most appearances (Ajax and Milan) are already gone.

Full appearances though (so using a wiki breakdown of all games including Europe and domestic cups unless there isn't one)

If he played 50 games for another club you could pick him though.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2021, 04:29:34 pm »
If he played 50 games for another club you could pick him though.

Who Rijkaard?

Not in that scenario no (unless I've got the wrong end of the stick!). Only a player top two 'teams' count in terms of appearances, so for Rijkaard its AC Milan and Ajax. And even if he'd played 50 games for Zaragoza instead of 11 you still couldnt pick him....

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2021, 04:29:36 pm »
What about when the second club in terms of appearances is tied (like with Baggio)?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2021, 04:31:04 pm »
What about when the second club in terms of appearances is tied (like with Baggio)?

I’d say in that instance you should get a choice of three.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2021, 04:31:29 pm »
Who Rijkaard?

Not in that scenario no (unless I've got the wrong end of the stick!). Only a player top two 'teams' count in terms of appearances, so for Rijkaard its AC Milan and Ajax. And even if he'd played 50 games for Zaragoza instead of 11 you still couldnt pick him....

Oh really? Let me check.

Hmmmmm does say top 2 clubs.

OK I got that wrong. Nevermind.

That makes it a lot tougher lol

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2021, 04:33:13 pm »
Oh really? Let me check.

Hmmmmm does say top 2 clubs.

OK I got that wrong. Nevermind.

That makes it a lot tougher lol

Someone like Anthony Taylor would do really well in this draft given his love of lower/non league football. He could probably unearth a few gems.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2021, 04:33:55 pm »
Clubs.

Who Rijkaard?

Thanks, that was my understanding as well.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2021, 04:39:05 pm »
I can see there being some right sneaky bastards taking pleasure in slamming doors shut on picks at every opportunity.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2021, 04:39:58 pm »
cheers lads - this is gonna be fun
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2021, 04:54:57 pm »
I’ll try and confirm things that have been discussed whilst I’ve been gone…

-Standard snake format

-No national teams, just clubs

-Wiki bar on the right is the only source being used for this draft (which I’m led to believe is league appearances only, not actually full comps)

-If you have the choice of clubs in the event of a tie (Baggio) it’ll be the drafter’s choice
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2021, 04:59:29 pm »
Noice lets get rolling rolling rolling keep them doggies rolling ... raaaaaaawhiiiiiiiide!

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2021, 05:09:50 pm »
Randomised draft order

1. Drinks Sangria
2. fucking appalled
3. Adz LFC
4. Max_powers
5. CleveYork (via Trend)
6. Lastrador
7. Chakan
8. tubby pls.
9. Linudden
10. Betty Blue
11. XabiArt
12. Hazell
13. Trendisnotdestiny
14. BIG DICK NICK
15. PoetryInMotion
16. Sheer Magnetism

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2021, 05:11:00 pm »
Knockout stage draw in full

Round of 16
1 Max_powers v Drinks Sangria
2 Chakan v fucking appalled
3 Adz LFC v PoetryInMotion
4 Lastrador v Hazell
5 XabiArt v tubby pls.
6 Betty Blue v Trendisnotdestiny
7 BIG DICK NICK v CleveYork
8 Linudden v Sheer Magnetism

Quarter-finals
1 Winner of Match 8 v Winner of Match 3
2 Winner of Match 6 v Winner of Match 1
3 Winner of Match 7 v Winner of Match 4
4 Winner of Match 5 v Winner of Match 2

Semi-finals
1 Winner of QF 1 v Winner of QF 4
2 Winner of QF 3 v Winner of QF 2

Final
Winner of SF 1 v Winner of SF 2

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2021, 05:11:35 pm »
I’ll sort out a selection thread and we’ll get cracking :wave

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2021, 05:16:51 pm »
Randomised draft order

1. Drinks Sangria

So how much did he pay you?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2021, 05:18:41 pm »
The 50 games/multiple clubs thing seems needlessly complicated. Can we really not go with just the two highest?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2021, 05:35:49 pm »
So we're picking Messi for Sangria right? And then moving on...