Author Topic: Represented Liverpool in the Premier League draft  (Read 11107 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Represented Liverpool in the Premier League draft
« Reply #400 on: October 3, 2021, 09:19:11 am »
Le Tallec too! Granted his career was a big anti climax but we’ll always have Juventus.

Mark Walters abs Ronny Rosenthal also missing from the very early Premier League era. Both had decent careers before/after Liverpool and both had their moments while here without either living up to their promise.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #401 on: October 3, 2021, 09:22:50 am »
Yeah, I never needed some of those mentioned because I went with the tactic to try and build a decent spine (and then pick up the best of the rest for the full backs / wider positions)

Enjoyed the draft though, and overall happy with my team :D
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #402 on: October 3, 2021, 09:24:56 am »
Forgot about Walters and Ronny dammit! I'm quite happy with my options but Ronny was indeed a very good player on the right day.

I'd like to add that Poulsen, Riera (pre-Liverpool) and Suso (post-Liverpool) also could do jobs in XI's like these considering what they did outside of Anfield. I left out Diao and Konchesky on purpose though! If Shelvey had the same level as his peak everytime he played he'd be a shoe-in for a late pick but he only shows up when he feels like it and thus no sane one would pick him for an XI like this  ;D When he was at Swansea and played against Brendan's team I was always scared as hell of him in those matches. Badly declined since though.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2021, 09:33:21 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #403 on: October 3, 2021, 09:36:02 am »
Barmby was a decent enough player
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #404 on: October 3, 2021, 09:49:10 am »
Yeah think the Everton background might have cost him a pick, but definitely played a role in the cup treble. I used to start him in FIFA 2002 as a kid too young to watch foreign games so I reckon he must've done something right  :D

In that game I had:

Dudek

Carragher Hyypiä Henchoz

Barmby Hamann Gerrard Riise

Heskey Owen Fowler

3-4-3 not giving a fuck about tracking back  :wave
« Last Edit: October 3, 2021, 09:57:53 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #405 on: October 3, 2021, 09:58:18 am »
Barmby was a decent enough player

I had a close choice between him, Smicer and Yossi. Nearly went for Barmby because he played off the left in a 442 a fair bit.

Was a good player but never seemed to stay at clubs for long. The lure of Hull was inexplicably too much for him!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #406 on: October 3, 2021, 11:07:52 am »
Yeah think the Everton background might have cost him a pick, but definitely played a role in the cup treble. I used to start him in FIFA 2002 as a kid too young to watch foreign games so I reckon he must've done something right  :D

In that game I had:

Dudek

Carragher Hyypiä Henchoz

Barmby Hamann Gerrard Riise

Heskey Owen Fowler

3-4-3 not giving a fuck about tracking back  :wave

That was one hell of a game. You can score from kick-off and if you shoot slowly between the goalkeeper's legs, the goalkeeper will dive over the ball.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #407 on: October 3, 2021, 11:16:03 am »
I'm thinking about a FIFA 2002 draft sometime this autumn/winter with a requirement of players from at least six leagues, it could be fun!

It's my all-time favourite football game. I have it at home but the software in my particular version doesn't work with the modern operating systems. I think if I bought something online it might work but I don't have time to play as much video games anymore as I used to have. Still, I really miss:

"he tackles the keeper, now he must face the consequences, not smart"!

offender shoves defender while keeper is rolling around in pain

ref shows up and brandishes a red card

"that's a red card for a shocking challenge on the keeper"

Fowler/Crespo/Raúl/Élber/Bakayoko looks mad as hell

"what was he thinking"?

:D

(used to play Liverpool, Lazio, Real, Bayern and Marseille depending on league)

I still have soft spots for Lazio, Bayern and Marseille because of that game, Real not so much!

It was a one-of-a-kind and sadly they ruined the game for 2003 by whacking the shirt editors, custom players and tackling the keeper or even shifting teams mid-game to score own goals when being in 10-year old prank mode ;D I still remember making all of my male classmates as players and making a world-class team somewhere. I also tuned up Kyrgyzystan's players to make them world-beaters! It really was like a digital playground and that's what made the pre-2003 FIFA games so fun.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2021, 11:28:54 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #408 on: October 3, 2021, 01:53:46 pm »
Titi going unpicked is a crime. Love that guy.

Guessing Mark Walters is the guy LM was hinting at. Would have been a very decent pick.

Did Julian Dicks get picked? Bit of a twat, but would've been a better option than some of the other LBs. Genuinely think Poulsen would've been a very good pick too, but I can see why no-one dared go there.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #409 on: October 3, 2021, 01:58:42 pm »
Titi going unpicked is a crime. Love that guy.

Guessing Mark Walters is the guy LM was hinting at. Would have been a very decent pick.

Did Julian Dicks get picked? Bit of a twat, but would've been a better option than some of the other LBs. Genuinely think Poulsen would've been a very good pick too, but I can see why no-one dared go there.

Yeah Poulsen and the like will be where it’s tricky to differentiate his time at Liverpool from the rest of his career where he was perfectly decent.

I remember being very excited when we signed Walters and he didn’t quite live up to the hype but he had his moments. Obviously Auxerre but there was also a game against Blackburn, might have been Kenny’s first return to Anfield where he scored a couple including a late winner.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #410 on: October 3, 2021, 05:33:51 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.