Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League  (Read 288015 times)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fantasy Premier League 2020/2021
« Reply #4520 on: October 24, 2021, 11:45:36 pm »
48 from Mo, 89 overall. Shame nearly everyone captained him though!

Got Salah in my team but captained Havertz who I transferred in this weekend for Jota. Had a shocker.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4521 on: October 25, 2021, 01:10:55 am »
Traded Lukaku for Hwang so started a 91.9 team left 8.1 in cash on the table and got 96 points  ;D 58 from mo and trent.

Pure magic love it. Bought me a Mane with my winnings.   
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4522 on: October 25, 2021, 02:14:13 am »
I’ve gone triple capo on Salah. He is in the form of his life and scores every game, the mancs are shite and let a goal in every game. Plus I can take great pleasure if he racks up the points at OT which he has a good chance of doing.

Well played. As I mentioned in the half-time thread, I'm gutted I didn't TC Mo as I wanted to, but I'd already played my wildcard so wasn't allowed.

BTW, if my mental arithmetic is correct, Mo is on track for about 450 points if he maintains this scoring rate for the season. Not going to happen obviously, but that gives you an idea of his insane form, and why anyone moaning about how their alternate captain choices didn't come through is a complete berk who should be mocked mercilessly.

Oh, and my wildcard was a waste. Got rid of Antonio for Vardy, Havertz for Son, and traded out my bench options. Hopefully it pays off in the long run - I thought I'd immediately regret it when Lukaku and Werner got injured midweek meaning Havertz would be a certain starter for the foreseeable, but he seems to be genuinely useless.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4523 on: October 25, 2021, 11:17:26 am »
Just the 121 points for me.

Trent, Rudiger, Laporte

Smith Rowe, Super-Mo (C), Foden, Tielemans

Vardy, Antonio

Now I did briefly consider going TRIPLE CAPTAIN, and in that split second I could have created my greatest possible game week in FPL while my team winning 5-0 at Old Trafford.

But you have to enjoy what you DO in life and my Triple C remains in tact for our Mo, a temptation every week now
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4524 on: October 25, 2021, 05:34:02 pm »
Well played. As I mentioned in the half-time thread, I'm gutted I didn't TC Mo as I wanted to, but I'd already played my wildcard so wasn't allowed.

BTW, if my mental arithmetic is correct, Mo is on track for about 450 points if he maintains this scoring rate for the season. Not going to happen obviously, but that gives you an idea of his insane form, and why anyone moaning about how their alternate captain choices didn't come through is a complete berk who should be mocked mercilessly.

Oh, and my wildcard was a waste. Got rid of Antonio for Vardy, Havertz for Son, and traded out my bench options. Hopefully it pays off in the long run - I thought I'd immediately regret it when Lukaku and Werner got injured midweek meaning Havertz would be a certain starter for the foreseeable, but he seems to be genuinely useless.

Salah got me 72 points on his own. pleased with that one. good job because I started the day with just 10 points.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4525 on: October 26, 2021, 11:04:49 am »
112 for me, up to 162 in the RAWK league (not bad given I forgot about it for 4 weeks and left Antonio as captain!)  ;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4526 on: October 26, 2021, 04:03:46 pm »
Vardy got an injury but hopeful he can make it back for the weekend. I seem to have an injury a week at least.

Going to be difficult not to go Mo captain in any game now but don't think most can climb their leagues without going someone different in the few weeks where he wont net.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4527 on: October 26, 2021, 09:54:53 pm »
City home to Palace this weekend. Thinking of bringing in Foden and Jesus. I already have Dias.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4528 on: October 27, 2021, 01:45:32 am »
Vardy got an injury but hopeful he can make it back for the weekend. I seem to have an injury a week at least.

Going to be difficult not to go Mo captain in any game now but don't think most can climb their leagues without going someone different in the few weeks where he wont net.

I used to fall for this line of thinking but with a player in Mo's form, you just have to join the crowd and try to make up the difference elsewhere. He's averaging 12 points per game, only Chilwell comes close and only because he's played just 3 games, he'll stop scoring soon and fall back to the pack like Antonio, like Son, like Vardy... Mo is just too far ahead, his season tally (107) is nearly double second place (57).

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4529 on: October 27, 2021, 09:14:25 am »
I used to fall for this line of thinking but with a player in Mo's form, you just have to join the crowd and try to make up the difference elsewhere. He's averaging 12 points per game, only Chilwell comes close and only because he's played just 3 games, he'll stop scoring soon and fall back to the pack like Antonio, like Son, like Vardy... Mo is just too far ahead, his season tally (107) is nearly double second place (57).

I agree you can't not have him (had him since gameweek 1 and captained him most of the gameweeks)

But for example if you were 80-100 behind in your league now I don't think you ever make that up unless you have one week where your captain scores 2 or 3 and the leader's captain does nothing. That would be a 35-40 point swing by itself which is probably needed.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4530 on: October 27, 2021, 02:29:56 pm »
You're not going to make up a lead betting against Mo Salah this season, at least not on the captain's stakes, you'll have to do your differentials elsewhere.

For example, anyone who out scores him the odd week, you 're not going to find them and captain them that week, and other times; he will fecking annihilate them!

Happy Days!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4531 on: October 28, 2021, 06:39:20 am »
Having said all that, the one time I gave someone else the armband, Mo scored 10 and my captain (Antonio) scored 11. :D

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4532 on: October 29, 2021, 10:32:17 am »
Doing well in a League that is for cash.

However, I have Raya, Lakaku, Matip (although he may start) and Ronaldo in my side so need to make some changes.

Hate chasing points so may just bring in Hwang for Lakaku and hope that random players like Sarr do well.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4533 on: October 29, 2021, 12:51:40 pm »
Debating on Matip - is he going to be a guaranteed starter now?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4534 on: October 29, 2021, 02:06:46 pm »
I just sold Vardy and signed Bobby. Probably a bit heart over head but still. Gives me a couple of million in the bank to improve my midfield next week.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4535 on: October 29, 2021, 02:47:56 pm »
Went for the wildcard. Anything less than 100 points and I won't be happy.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4536 on: October 29, 2021, 04:39:42 pm »
Took a 4 point hit (which I really hate doing) and went:

A.Traore OUT > Foden IN
Marcal OUT > Rudiger IN

Getting the Wolves lads in a few weeks back ahead of what looked like a good run for them didn't pay off, at all. Traore in particular has been a disaster.

Toyed with Mane, not least because i'm always wary of getting any City players in given Guardiola's tendency to fuck me over time and again. I'm sure i'll live to regret this one as well when he's on the bench come 2pm tomorrow.

Everything i've tried so far this season to create a differential with those around me hasn't paid off. I kinda felt like that was the way to go, given we all had very similar teams. As it is, these gambles in trying to be smart (including captaining Edouard last week) has seen me drop from 2nd to 7th in my league.

It evens itself out over a season though, right? Sure that's what Redknapp and his ilk are always telling me.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4537 on: October 30, 2021, 06:34:20 am »
I jumped on the Chilwell train, shoulda done it with last week's wildcard but failed to register their Norwich fixture like the dipshit I am. Sold the reliable Dias to get him, but with Chilwell's value sure to rise another 3 or 4 points in the coming weeks, I may as well build some funds and maybe squeeze a bit more out of his purple patch before switching back.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4538 on: October 30, 2021, 08:04:16 am »
I jumped on the Chilwell train, shoulda done it with last week's wildcard but failed to register their Norwich fixture like the dipshit I am. Sold the reliable Dias to get him, but with Chilwell's value sure to rise another 3 or 4 points in the coming weeks, I may as well build some funds and maybe squeeze a bit more out of his purple patch before switching back.

Watch Alonso get lashed in today...
Twitter | Blog

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4539 on: October 30, 2021, 09:11:42 pm »
Nope :D 8 points for Chilwell but still some regret over not taking James instead... I decided against the latter because his spotty attendance record suggested he wasn't a solid first choice. Damn these oil/gas clubs and their depth! On a more positive note, at least I hung onto Conor Gallagher one more week, having been tempted to move him on but short of funds.

Thinking Benrahma might have to make way for Cornet if he doesn't produce this week. Or maybe even Son, who along with Vardy is proving a waste of a wildcard. Even Havertz is doing better. :(

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4540 on: October 30, 2021, 11:01:33 pm »
Captaining Salah for once didn't work

Mind you that bad a week it didn't matter who I captained
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4541 on: October 31, 2021, 12:12:53 am »
I'm having an absolute stinker this season

28 points with two more to play, Watkins & Raphina if fit

I have 27 points on my bench

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4542 on: October 31, 2021, 09:45:23 am »
42 with Gray and Antonio to play.

Low scoring week for pretty much everyone.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4543 on: November 1, 2021, 09:07:31 am »
Scrapes through with a 60 which has surprisingly put me into the top 25 on the RAWK league and just outside the top 50K world wide. Which after slow start to the year last 2-3 weeks have been good.

Last midfield spot is annoying me though got Jota at 7.5 with 2 in the bank but no one really tickling my fancy in that price range in midfield or attack to be honest.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2021, 09:12:21 am by Rosario »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4544 on: November 1, 2021, 11:36:59 am »
Rubbish week. Second week in a row.

Online amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4545 on: November 1, 2021, 11:41:32 am »
Went for the wildcard. Anything less than 100 points and I won't be happy.

Yeah... so I got 34 points.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #4546 on: November 1, 2021, 11:08:17 pm »
I'm having an absolute stinker this season

28 points with two more to play, Watkins & Raphina if fit

I have 27 points on my bench

Gallager and the 3.9 dude?

Me too  disaster
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4547 on: November 2, 2021, 08:28:05 am »
50 all out in the end

Could of been so much better if i'd played Ramsdale instead of Foster up to 295th in rawk league

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4548 on: November 2, 2021, 02:34:54 pm »
28 points

in a league with 19 others. i was ahead in manager of the month all month. missed out by three points with the lowest score of the week

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4549 on: November 5, 2021, 03:12:21 pm »
What to do with the West Ham lads this week? Can’t see Antonio or Benrahma getting points against us. Do you take the transfer penalty or do you settle for a round with less points?

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4550 on: November 5, 2021, 04:02:16 pm »
wouldnt take them out for one game

depends on rest of team

ive taken out gray for townsend

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #4551 on: November 5, 2021, 05:18:04 pm »
Can’t see Antonio or Benrahma getting points against us. Do you take the transfer penalty or do you settle for a round with less points?
Keep Antonio, change Benrahma - he played a full 90 in Genk.
With Firmino out, Jota's a decent option if you have a spare million or maybe Tielemans.
Hammers next 3: Liverpool, Wolves, Man.City.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2021, 05:21:47 pm by Emerald Red »

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4552 on: November 5, 2021, 06:25:05 pm »
Thank you. Fantasy is more a source of frustration rather than fun, but it makes Mondays at work a bit better.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4553 on: November 6, 2021, 03:09:02 am »
I've benched Benrahma this week, had already got rid of Antonio a few weeks back. Normally my starting XI is fixed because my bench is weak, but with Livramento and Ben White at home to Villa and Watford respectively, I saw a rare opportunity to go 4-3-3.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4554 on: November 6, 2021, 10:33:30 am »
I've kept Antonio but got rid of Benhrama for Smith Rowe. Also put Toney in for St Maximin and gone -4.

Frustrating if Vardy doesn't score again - 0 goals in last 2 gameweeks since I put him in. Seems like I always put players in too late and then when i take them out they score!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4555 on: November 6, 2021, 07:26:41 pm »
I had Ederson and Sanchez as goalkeepers.

Went with Sanchez :lmao
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4556 on: November 7, 2021, 04:08:31 am »
I've kept Antonio but got rid of Benhrama for Smith Rowe. Also put Toney in for St Maximin and gone -4.

Frustrating if Vardy doesn't score again - 0 goals in last 2 gameweeks since I put him in. Seems like I always put players in too late and then when i take them out they score!

I think I might have to jettison Toney - had him from the start and he's a guaranteed starter, but he's only really had 2 good fantasy weeks and Brentford have hit a wall. Saint-Maximin has also gone off the boil but maybe Howe will get him firing. I will probably go for Dennis or King from Watford if they do well tonight.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4557 on: November 7, 2021, 02:43:39 pm »
Keeper gets sent off, captain misses a pen that’s saved by my backup keeper.

Great stuff.
AHA!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4558 on: November 8, 2021, 12:27:26 am »
LOL, that sucks.

Also sucks a bit for me as Sanchez is my backup and I'd been counting on him subbing for Ramsdale when Arsenal comes to Anfield. Although it'll probably be "visiting keeper has a worldie" day, we've been due one of those.

I'm quietly climbing the rankings... 390k for the gameweek, 364k overall... not spectacular but my best overall ranking since 2016/17 (man, looking at my history, and I know the overall number of players is always increasing, but I used to be so much better at this game!!). Conor Gallagher now the #2 midfielder in the game, has been my differentiator with my mates' league but I expect they will all hop on the bandwagon now, including the league leader (I am at #2).

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4559 on: November 8, 2021, 11:27:33 am »
28 points last week

31 this week

during which time my entire team scored one goal

and that was pukki who was on my bench this week