Author Topic: Stranger Things - Use Spoiler Tags  (Read 93940 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Stranger Things - Use Spoiler Tags
« Reply #800 on: May 9, 2021, 10:00:09 am »
That's his prerogative.

Every Little Step for her is a bonus.

I see. Two can play that game.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: May 10, 2021, 09:29:25 am »
I see. Two can play that game.

Guuuurllllfriend!!!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #802 on: May 29, 2021, 04:10:16 am »
Well, I'm obviously late to the party.  ;D I just finished watching all 3 seasons of it on Netflix. In about a week and a half. I loved it. I found it quite refreshing and it really is one of the better series I've seen over the last decade or so. I'd put it in the top five.

I do however have a couple of gripes as the seasons went on.

1. The 'Upside Down' was just too overused. They need to ditch it for season four. Three seasons is honestly enough and if they did something with it again or the shadow monster I'll just find myself asking "Really?" and probably watch with a half-baked interest.

2. The 80's nostalgia and cultural references became too overwhelming during season four. I had to stop and laugh when that Terminator-style Russian appeared the first time. It's too obvious, too much and they just need to tone it down.

3. Mike. You loved all the actors in season one because of their youthful innocence but Mike has quickly turned into someone you just want to strangle now. I'm not sure if it's just the way his character is written or if it's because the actor himself has just grown up, but I can't stand watching him complain about everything all the time. Some child actors just can't really cut it when they lose what made them appealing as children in the first place. Could the same be with him?

4. I think three seasons really should have been enough. They're all grown up now. They're in their late teens. What is the backdrop of season four going to be? Mike, Will, Dustin, Lucas et all filling out college applications as they once again fight something evil in Hawkins?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2021, 11:05:31 pm »
Watching this again from season 1 with the youngest (she was only 9 when me and our eldest started watching it)

Good to re-watch knowing what I do.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #804 on: February 18, 2022, 09:19:31 pm »
The 4th season is being split into 2 volumes, the first is released on 27th May & second part on 1st July.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: March 1, 2022, 05:10:55 pm »
Spoiler
I'm told by my kids that there's a fan theory doing the rounds that this will be Steve's last series (S5 will apparently be the last for the show, full stop) because since filming of the very first series, he's kept the same hairdo, but after completing the S4 filming, he's shaved it off
[close]
« Last Edit: March 2, 2022, 11:22:11 am by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #806 on: March 1, 2022, 06:15:29 pm »
Netflix are loving the split seasons at the moment. Ozark, Better Call Saul, now this
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #807 on: March 2, 2022, 02:22:14 pm »
Netflix are loving the split seasons at the moment. Ozark, Better Call Saul, now this

They sure are, and its very annoying. I like to binge all at once over a few days, but if they are going to stagger it then I'd rather they just release an episode a week so I could then either have a short weekly dose ... or wait and do the whole lot after the final episode is released when at least the final episode will only mean an 8 or 10 week wait. Splitting it likes and having a gap of a few months in between removes the momentum of the story.  Didn't realise they were doing this at first so was just getting into Ozark again and then felt a bit short changed. At least I know in advance now I suppose so will just have to wait patiently   
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #808 on: March 2, 2022, 03:38:37 pm »
Will have to do a rewatch of this before Season 4. Been three bloody years since the last season. I can't remember any of it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #809 on: March 2, 2022, 03:54:29 pm »
Getting a bit twitchy about them having to split it into two mini-seasons.  Hope they keep it trim and don't try and cram loads of stuff into the show that isn't needed.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #810 on: March 2, 2022, 06:15:10 pm »
They sure are, and its very annoying. I like to binge all at once over a few days, but if they are going to stagger it then I'd rather they just release an episode a week so I could then either have a short weekly dose ... or wait and do the whole lot after the final episode is released when at least the final episode will only mean an 8 or 10 week wait. Splitting it likes and having a gap of a few months in between removes the momentum of the story.  Didn't realise they were doing this at first so was just getting into Ozark again and then felt a bit short changed. At least I know in advance now I suppose so will just have to wait patiently   

I'm sure it's a deliberate move. With the number of streaming services available right now, there's been a definite shift towards people getting Netlfix for the odd month rather than having it year long round. The split seasons encourages people to either subscribe more often or just not cancel it in between. Otherwise if you want to watch it in one go, you're waiting so much longer than everyone else that you risk spoilers and end up missing out on all the discussion and buzz. It's very sneaky.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: March 2, 2022, 06:59:45 pm »
Sort of lost interest in this due to the amount of time passed. A lot has happened during those 3 years that it feels like 30.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #812 on: March 2, 2022, 07:43:54 pm »
Getting a bit twitchy about them having to split it into two mini-seasons.  Hope they keep it trim and don't try and cram loads of stuff into the show that isn't needed.

Doubtful because it's a Duffy Bro original
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #813 on: April 13, 2022, 01:00:29 am »

'Stranger Things 4 | Official Trailer | Netflix' (Volume 1 on Friday 27th May):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yQEondeGvKo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yQEondeGvKo</a>
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #814 on: April 13, 2022, 11:15:19 am »
Looking forward to this. Thought the third series was excellent
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #815 on: April 13, 2022, 11:49:22 am »
Preferred the third season to the second one but not sure about that trailer.  Getting real video game movie vibes.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: April 13, 2022, 04:53:41 pm »
Sort of lost interest in this due to the amount of time passed. A lot has happened during those 3 years that it feels like 30.

Watched it from early on with my eldest daughter (youngest was probably a little too young for it, and had no interest in it anyway). Late last year, the three of us blitzed the first 3 series (for two of us it was a re-watch) and we're all buzzing for S4, especially after that trailer.

(I'm sure I've seen Hopper in a Russian prison before...)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: April 27, 2022, 09:06:44 am »
Not sure what I think about the new trailer to be honest. It seems like they’ve dragged this out for all it’s worth.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
Stranger Things
« Reply #818 on: May 28, 2022, 11:34:33 am »

Couldn’t find the topic so please remove if there is one.

Loved the first 3 series particularly season 3. As a kid growing up in the 80s who was a bit of a geek, it was always going to appeal but combines that classic 80s horror feel with great comedy.

Only seen episode 1 of the new series so far. A promising start and a good move by the show to acknowledge the kids are getting older and all the struggles that come with that.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stranger Things
« Reply #819 on: May 28, 2022, 06:38:00 pm »
Thought the 3rd series was shit to be honest, the 1st series was amazing though, absolutely loved it.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #820 on: May 28, 2022, 07:17:29 pm »
Thought the 3rd series was shit to be honest, the 1st series was amazing though, absolutely loved it.

Feel somewhat similarly, third season was certainly a disappointment compared to the first.

I'm hesitating to start the fourth, because I have the feeling it will similarly fail to measure up...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: May 28, 2022, 09:31:41 pm »
Did the twats at Netflix just spoiler the final battle during the CL Final break ?

Fucking sure they did you know.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: May 28, 2022, 11:45:17 pm »
I started to watch the first episode of the final season and it just went on too long. Which idiot decided to make every episode feature length?

I’m considering cancelling my Netflix subscription as they seem to have spent most of their budget on this show.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: May 29, 2022, 11:44:02 pm »
I started to watch the first episode of the final season and it just went on too long. Which idiot decided to make every episode feature length?

I’m considering cancelling my Netflix subscription as they seem to have spent most of their budget on this show.

Each to their own. I liked that they were properly long.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: May 30, 2022, 09:01:46 am »
For whatever its worth, I think Series 4 is the best series of Stranger Things so far. Planned to drop it after an underwhelming season 3 but then I found myself with a lot of time, so went ahead and gave it a shot.

Not disappointed at all. Best series so far.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #825 on: May 30, 2022, 10:01:18 am »
Thought it was great, we binged it over the weekend.

Spoiler
Love that there's pretty much four different shows happening at the same time. Hopper, Joyce and Murray in a Russian spy show. Mike, Will and Jonathan in a bit of a Stand By Me, kids adventure. El having her flashbacks, all a bit One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. And the rest just doing usual Stranger Things stuff, fighting monsters and ending up in other dimensions. And the baddy is a good baddy, even if the twist was pretty easy to see pretty early on. Some good news faces too, Eddie was a good addition and its always nice to see Jaqen H'ghar. Disappointing that there's only two episodes left before I guess its all finished but its definitely rewatchable
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: May 30, 2022, 10:03:12 am »
For whatever its worth, I think Series 4 is the best series of Stranger Things so far. Planned to drop it after an underwhelming season 3 but then I found myself with a lot of time, so went ahead and gave it a shot.

Not disappointed at all. Best series so far.
Was thinking the same, but you've convinced me to at least give it another go

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #827 on: May 30, 2022, 12:07:12 pm »

Episode 4 of the new series is a cracker.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #828 on: May 30, 2022, 12:21:17 pm »
Oh wow I didn't expect the latest episodes to be this good to be honest, Really enjoyed all of them. The upside down questions I had have been answered and it's all coming together nicely.

I know it's back in July so is that it then or is it back next year?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #829 on: May 30, 2022, 12:26:20 pm »
Oh wow I didn't expect the latest episodes to be this good to be honest, Really enjoyed all of them. The upside down questions I had have been answered and it's all coming together nicely.

I know it's back in July so is that it then or is it back next year?

Aye

“Seven years ago, we planned out the complete story arc for ‘Strange Things.’ At the time, we predicted the story would last four to five seasons. It proved too large to tell in four, but — as you’ll see for yourselves — we are now hurtling toward our finale. Season 4 will be the penultimate season; Season 5 will be the last.”
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: May 30, 2022, 12:39:13 pm »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #831 on: May 30, 2022, 04:20:29 pm »
Episode 4 of the new series is a cracker.
Spoiler

Yep, the ending had me tearing up to be honest ;D

Max was a great addition to the show.

[close]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 04:22:29 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: May 31, 2022, 07:19:38 am »
Watched episode 1 last night and forgot how much of a tune ‘Running up that Hill’ is. Kate Bush on the way to work this morning it is then.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: May 31, 2022, 07:56:26 am »
Binged it all yesterday, absolutely incredible season so far. All characters seem to be important too, they've done a brilliant job.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: May 31, 2022, 01:08:58 pm »
Watched 1-4.

Loving it.

The 80's stuff is brilliant, the actors have got better, the tone has got even darker.

And I even spotted Jaqen H'Ghar straight off  :D   Half expected him to say "A man wants to escape, yes?"

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: May 31, 2022, 01:26:38 pm »
Episodes 4 and 7 are possibly the best 2 episodes of the whole series.

Brilliant TV.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #836 on: May 31, 2022, 04:40:27 pm »
Loving this series

Absolutely batshit crazy and five stories on the go

Cracking!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: May 31, 2022, 08:21:29 pm »
I’m in the minority here but 2 episodes in and its just gone far too daft I think. Too many characters involved, the episodes being longer has a lot of filler and nonsense involved and it’s not even as funny as it used to be.

I will finish it obviously but disappointed so far.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #838 on: May 31, 2022, 09:53:29 pm »
Watched episode 1 last night and forgot how much of a tune ‘Running up that Hill’ is. Kate Bush on the way to work this morning it is then.
Boss. Placebo’s cover is class too, though unrelated to Stranger Things.

Watched the first episode last night. Noticed a few nice touches of what I believe will be foreshadowing. A stage setting episode that was alright, a touch bloated but a good final set piece to drive the narrative on. Looking forward to taking a month to finish it because my partner is on nights now for a week.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #839 on: June 1, 2022, 07:02:02 am »
I’m in the minority here but 2 episodes in and its just gone far too daft I think. Too many characters involved, the episodes being longer has a lot of filler and nonsense involved and it’s not even as funny as it used to be.

I will finish it obviously but disappointed so far.

No I’m done with it after one episode. To be fair I probably checked out at the beginning of season 3.