Author Topic: The Great British Bake Off  (Read 42083 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Great British Bake Off
« Reply #200 on: October 7, 2015, 12:24:54 pm »
;)  ;D

'Bake off' over groupies and Rolling Stones though...

Ahh come on Lanky don't spoil the mood

In reality, I'd probably take a  meal out at my local Indian instead of the GBBO but lets get the pre-bake atmos going eh!!

:)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: October 7, 2015, 12:29:10 pm »
Ahh come on Lanky don't spoil the mood

In reality, I'd probably take a  meal out at my local Indian instead of the GBBO but lets get the pre-bake atmos going eh!!

Haha

The three of them were on The One Show last night and I was going to try and read their body language to work out who had won but that would've required me actually watching the full half an hour of that rubbish and there's no way I was putting myself through that.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline bigal

• Not Bi. Or a Gal for that matter.
  • Kopite
  • Allez les rouges
« Reply #202 on: October 7, 2015, 12:32:36 pm »
Haha

The three of them were on The One Show last night and I was going to try and read their body language to work out who had won but that would've required me actually watching the full half an hour of that rubbish and there's no way I was putting myself through that.

Ha, exactly. It's like a blackhole of watchability that crap.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 7, 2015, 12:33:59 pm »
Ha, exactly. It's like a blackhole of watchability that crap.

Agreed

Couldn't stand more than 10 seconds of that Alex Jones. Irritating bint.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #204 on: October 7, 2015, 12:38:54 pm »
Agreed

Couldn't stand more than 10 seconds of that Alex Jones. Irritating bint.

Is she Welsh? I find it hard to tell.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #205 on: October 7, 2015, 12:42:12 pm »

Like James Martin - you'd never guess he was from Yorkshire and liked butter

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 7, 2015, 01:11:45 pm »

That's just it isn't it.

I been to Wales, North and South and got Welsh mates from the Valleys and none of the fuckers sound as remotely Welsh as her.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #207 on: October 7, 2015, 08:36:23 pm »
Ian....why don't you fuck off
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #208 on: October 7, 2015, 08:36:42 pm »
Ian....why don't you fuck off

He's horrid.

G'wan Nadiya.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #209 on: October 7, 2015, 08:43:55 pm »
I'm watching Namibia v Georgia instead of this. Two underdogs like you're getting but there's no Ian equivalent to ruin the magic.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #210 on: October 7, 2015, 08:49:29 pm »
She's won ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #211 on: October 7, 2015, 08:51:57 pm »

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #212 on: October 7, 2015, 08:56:43 pm »
She's lovely and so's her family. Made up for her.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #213 on: October 7, 2015, 09:01:07 pm »
Crikey, that got quite emotional there at the end. Well done Nadiya, deserved to win.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 7, 2015, 09:09:35 pm »
How much dough does the winner get?

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #215 on: October 7, 2015, 09:11:20 pm »
Enough to make a Lion
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 7, 2015, 09:15:51 pm »

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #217 on: October 7, 2015, 10:19:27 pm »
I think I've got something in my eye  :'(

How can a fucking bakery show get me emotional?! Nadiya deserved it, if only for her lovely teeth & eyes  :-*

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #218 on: October 7, 2015, 10:46:31 pm »
Wonderful TV....a joy from start to finish...hats off to the lovely Nadiya
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 8, 2015, 12:32:02 am »
I loved that, so pleased she nailed the final but everybody did amazingly in the last round. Tamal's was something else. Ian's a curious fellow but he was dignified in defeat and Tamal and Nadiya are lovely. Nadiya's whole run has been so lovely <3

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 8, 2015, 08:06:46 am »
Well that's it for another year folks.  :'(

If it was down to the showstopper alone last night then that would have been a very very difficult decision for the judges, but as Nadiya had pissed the Sig and Tech challenges it was a no-brainer really. The right person won in the end I'm sure we all agree.

Ian seemed like a really nice fella in the end so fair play to him.

Nice to catch a last glimpse of Flora before she heads of to the hallowed Halls of St Andrews and Flat 2, No 16 Abercrombie Rd, Fife, KY12 3XT. Back Bedroom facing out on to the expanse of woodland.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 8, 2015, 09:13:50 am »
Nadiya absolutely smashed it there, just obliterated the other two with pure baking magic.

Well done to her.

Only bad bit about the final was remembering the douche with the hat existed, bless him.

I liked it when it did the catch up when it said 'Matt has become a Dad and moved house', yeah no time for baking now mate, I can sympathise, being just about to move myself.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 8, 2015, 01:09:21 pm »
Am I the only think Nadiya's final showstopper was a very underwhelming compared to Tamal's ?

Is the winner the one who performs best just in the final weekend ? Or do they take performance over the whole series into account as well ?

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #223 on: October 8, 2015, 01:48:07 pm »
Nice to catch a last glimpse of Flora before she heads of to the hallowed Halls of St Andrews and Flat 2, No 16 Abercrombie Rd, Fife, KY12 3XT. Back Bedroom facing out on to the expanse of woodland.

Ta.  :wave
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 8, 2015, 01:50:49 pm »
I'm saying Paul out next, then Flora.  Final three of Ian, Nadiya and Tamal, Tamal out in 3rd and Nadiya winning.
The way Tamal's first couple went, I'm saying I was bang on, and sod any of ya who say differently!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: October 8, 2015, 02:49:27 pm »
Am I the only think Nadiya's final showstopper was a very underwhelming compared to Tamal's ?

Possibly. It was clean and simple looking, but it was executed perfectly. She also smashed both the others in the previous two rounds, so 2 wins and an at-worst par makes her a clear winner on the day.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #226 on: October 8, 2015, 07:09:35 pm »
The level of interest in this garbage shows just how far down the tubes modern life has become.  If someone throwing an egg into a bit of flour is what goes by in the name of entertainment nowadays, then all is truly lost.  I thought it was bad enough when I heard two hard-looking Scousers outside the Kop a few years ago saying they would have to stick to one drink in the Albert and then they had to rush home so they didn't miss that night's X-Factor!  I thought they were extracting the urine but they were entirely serious! 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 8, 2015, 07:12:14 pm »
The level of interest in this garbage shows just how far down the tubes modern life has become.  If someone throwing an egg into a bit of flour is what goes by in the name of entertainment nowadays, then all is truly lost.  I thought it was bad enough when I heard two hard-looking Scousers outside the Kop a few years ago saying they would have to stick to one drink in the Albert and then they had to rush home so they didn't miss that night's X-Factor!  I thought they were extracting the urine but they were entirely serious! 

Now here's someone whose loaf hasn't risen ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 8, 2015, 07:36:40 pm »
Now here's someone whose loaf hasn't risen ;D

He's only just started posting again since 2008

I reckon he's been in Walton for 7 years and has come out to this strange world full of pansy blokes finding their feminine side doing cooking and stuff.

Wait till he gets a load of Facebook.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #229 on: October 8, 2015, 07:56:11 pm »
Who says "extracting the urine"?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: October 8, 2015, 08:32:27 pm »
He's only just started posting again since 2008

I reckon he's been in Walton for 7 years and has come out to this strange world full of pansy blokes finding their feminine side doing cooking and stuff.

Wait till he gets a load of Facebook.

Wait til he meets Katie Hopkins.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #231 on: October 8, 2015, 08:35:33 pm »
Who says "extracting the urine"?
Piss takers.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 9, 2015, 08:37:06 am »
I never understand what prompts someone to go in a thread for something they have no interest of to slag off the people that do enjoy it?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #233 on: October 9, 2015, 11:59:32 am »
Anyone ever read "Major Misunderstanding" in the Viz?
Just something about the phrase "how tragic we've become as an island nation" really sounds like the Major, especially in the context of a TV cookery competition.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 9, 2015, 12:07:29 pm »
Just something about the phrase "how tragic we've become as an island nation" really sounds like the Major, especially in the context of a TV cookery competition.

Yep, the issues surrounding taxation, social reform, Immigration and suchlike are overshadowed by all 64m UK inhabitants glued to a BBC TV program about baking.

The thing is..our over enthusiasm in this thread is all just a bit of a laugh anyway!!

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 9, 2015, 12:18:46 pm »

:lmao  oh my god, that is a perfect comparison.

Still, I should stop posting in this thread. If MBE's right, my willy will soon fall off or something.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2016, 09:30:49 am »
A guilty pleasure of mine is GBBO and the 'Crème de la Crème' show starts tonight.

This is like the Masterchef version as 8 pro pastry chefs go head to head.

I've just gone on a diet in prep for me summer holiday so this may be difficult viewing :)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #237 on: March 29, 2016, 10:18:04 am »
I was a bit disappointed with the sports relief stuff, although it did throw up a couple of chuckles. Chris Kamara was probably the highlight, his "surfer" was hilarious!

Hopefully the pros raise the bar :)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2016, 11:11:15 am »
Excellent!

This came out of nowhere, for me - didn't see the new series advertised.

Good stuff!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2016, 03:20:33 pm »
My lad couldnt care less about the professional one. He wants to see things go wrong as well as right. Cant see that happening much unless its a flavour thing.