Author Topic: The Great British Bake Off  (Read 42106 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Great British Bake Off
« Reply #120 on: September 7, 2015, 08:51:42 am »
Looks like this is going to come down to a toss up between Paul and Ian in the end.

Paul being a prison governor will not be adverse to having his officers dish out beatings to opposing bakers, using prisoners as labourers for him to secure bakery supply contracts. Not to mention his use of innocent prisoners as accountants to help cook his recipe books. Then there's also the chance of him having people shot should they threaten to disrupt his baking operations.

Ian should be very wary of humiliating Paul in the Kitchen.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #121 on: September 9, 2015, 03:54:54 pm »
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #122 on: September 9, 2015, 08:08:35 pm »
Ok I admit it I starting to get a bit of a thing for Flora.

Thats her cursed.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »
Dear god some of those vol au vents this week looked bloody delicious.  Not the best program to watch when your on a diet.

So, Alvin has gone. Such a nice bloke too. :(

Ian not having it all his own way anymore and been nowhere near star baker for the last 2 weeks.  This is going all the way and it really will come down to the baking on the day rather than past achievements.

Ok I admit it I starting to get a bit of a thing for Flora.

Flora is still with us :lickin

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »
Paul's my favourite.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2015, 12:49:01 pm »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2015, 01:10:19 pm »
booo..hisssss

:)

Contestant Paul, I should add. Hollywood's a dickhead.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »
Hollywood's a dickhead.

He is obviously a massive whopper (both figuratively and literally) but I do still like him for some reason. The floury silver-haired ape that he is. Also it was because of someone buying me his book that I got into making my own flour tortillas which are my candidate for best 'thing you can make yourself that is loads better than what you get in the shops'
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2015, 03:02:34 pm »
Dear god some of those vol au vents this week looked bloody delicious.  Not the best program to watch when your on a diet.

Ian not having it all his own way anymore and been nowhere near star baker for the last 2 weeks.  This is going all the way and it really will come down to the baking on the day rather than past achievements.

The full english with runny egg were great 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2015, 03:11:02 pm »

I love vollys. For me daughters 18th, I made the order with the caterers to have loads of volley's in the spread. Nowhere near as nice a those ones like, but no do, is a do, without volly's. Prawn, Mushroom and Ham ones. Spewed off loads of what me bird told me to get and made it into a 70@s do, Volley's, Cheese an Pineapple hedgehog, pork pies, the works. Non of that quiche and curry shite. Proper scran. :)

PS. Pete, ye big fat fucker ye. Ye must have arms like Geoff Capes. :P

:P
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2015, 03:15:02 pm »
I love vollys. For me daughters 18th, I made the order with the caterers to have loads of volley's in the spread. Nowhere near as nice a those ones like, but no do, is a do, without volly's. Prawn, Mushroom and Ham ones. Spewed off loads of what me bird told me to get and made it into a 70@s do, Volley's, Cheese an Pineapple hedgehog, pork pies, the works. Non of that quiche and curry shite. Proper scran. :)

PS. Pete, ye big fat fucker ye. Ye must have arms like Geoff Capes. :P

:P

Baked Alaska for pudding eh?

Arms like Geoff Capes and a cock like Fatima Whitbread me mate. :)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2015, 03:21:53 pm »

Victoria Sponge and Coffee and Walnut cake, to be honest Pete. Non of that gateaux shite or cup cake tower bollocks. She'll probably hate me, but at least people will eat stuff.

I won't of course, I'll either be at the bar, or in the car park trying to win the family butting contest.

Cock like Fatima's :lmao
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2015, 03:21:58 pm »

:D

And an arse the size of Myrtle Augee's.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2015, 07:44:48 am »
And then there were 5.

Good episode that and some of those raised Game Pies looked incredible.

I wonder if Flora is going to hold her face with a look of shock and worry and bite her lip all the way to the final.  Scottish bint is starting to annoy me now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2015, 08:59:15 am »
Where do you stand on Nadia, Pete? First time I've watched closesly this series and she seemed a bit smug and annoying.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2015, 09:29:44 am »
Where do you stand on Nadia, Pete? First time I've watched closesly this series and she seemed a bit smug and annoying.

Personally id like to see Nadiya win this comp as some of her bakes look bloody delicious and shes quite a good laugh too.  Although I can't see past treble winning star baker and stay at home wife Ian lifting the title.  He's just too damn good.

Nadiya is alright mate but she gets a bit tearful and whiney from time to time.

Who wouldn't though?  Baking bread and pastries inside a marquee on a country house estate is tough business.  Our boys in Afghanistan should watch bake-off and thank their lucky stars they chose machine guns and hand grenades over spatula's and whisks.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2015, 11:08:40 am »
I don't think I'll ever eat a game pie, especially Ian's Roadkill special. Not my thing. His crown was quite impressive, but I'm glad Tamal got star baker, he seems like a nice bloke and he has been consistently pretty good.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2015, 11:23:52 am »
I don't think I'll ever eat a game pie, especially Ian's Roadkill special. Not my thing. His crown was quite impressive, but I'm glad Tamal got star baker, he seems like a nice bloke and he has been consistently pretty good.

Yeah I like him, seems a nice lad.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2015, 11:33:08 am »
Reckon Paul is one extra knob of butter, a soggy botton or an errant oven setting away from getting the boot.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2015, 11:44:49 am »
And then there were 5.

Good episode that and some of those raised Game Pies looked incredible.

I wonder if Flora is going to hold her face with a look of shock and worry and bite her lip all the way to the final.  Scottish bint is starting to annoy me now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2015, 11:52:40 am »
^^^
Is she an Aardman Studios creation?

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2015, 12:01:27 pm »
Reckon Paul is one extra knob of butter, a soggy botton or an errant oven setting away from getting the boot.

I think it'll be him and Flora next - then either Ian or Tamal to win.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2015, 12:15:27 pm »
/snip

haha. Nice one Zilt. Looks like i'm not the only one who picked up on it :)

I think it'll be him and Flora next - then either Ian or Tamal to win.

Yeah, gotta agree mate.

Ian is like Mario Balotelli when it comes to the signature and Technical challenges...he just cant be arsed.

For the showstopper he then morphs into the baking equivalent of Pele, Dalglish, Beckenbaur, Messi and Ronaldo.. all rolled into one!!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »
Nadiya seems very genuine, not like some of the hammed up emotion you see on there. I like her, never goes too far into "I'm so awful, oh actually wait look I'm brilliant" territory.

Tamal is ace, very humble with a real flair (without being stupid about it or getting carried away). Think he might win.

I really don't like Ian, I mean there have been far worse people and he's not Apprentice-candidate-annoying, but there's something very smug about him. No self-deprecation whatsoever and genuinely thinks he's the dog's b*llocks.

Mat seemed nice but he was never going to win it. Flora does have a bit of the excessive "nerves" about her but I think she is smiley and happy enough for it to just wash over, and she's young so should be given slack.

Paul is ace, no nonsense. His bread lion was amazing. Can't see him winning though, don't think he's quite good enough. Suspect it will be Ian, though I hope not - fingers crossed for Tamal.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2015, 12:27:28 pm »
Nadya to win. If you don't agree send me a DM and we can meet for a scrap.

Listen, we don't have bog standard fisticuffs in the Bake-off thread.

This is how me and Mouth resolved to end our last Bake-Off disagreement

Mouth. Lets fight it out mate its the only way to resolve bakery based disputes.

Coat ourselves in eggs and flour and wrestle to the death outside a branch of Greggs.

Name the time and place I'll be there

:)

Saying that,  us lot are just one step away from helping out down at the WI at weekends so maybe we should just have a knitting competition or something to resolve disputes. :)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2015, 12:32:39 pm »

Saying that,  us lot are just one step away from helping out down at the WI at weekends so maybe we should just have a knitting competition or something to resolve disputes. :)

Ooh. Bit of needle in this thread it seems.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2015, 12:36:05 pm »
Tamal to win, Ian won't make the final.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2015, 01:14:55 pm »
Ooh. Bit of needle in this thread it seems.

haha

Purler of a joke

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2015, 01:47:39 pm »
He is obviously a massive whopper (both figuratively and literally) but I do still like him for some reason. The floury silver-haired ape that he is. Also it was because of someone buying me his book that I got into making my own flour tortillas which are my candidate for best 'thing you can make yourself that is loads better than what you get in the shops'

He's a massive Red!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2015, 01:56:20 pm »
I think Tamal is peaking at the right time - he has been consistently decent, then he seemed to step up and bit and now he is flying. I would like to see him win it. Flora has been consistently good but you feel like she hasn't quite made the step up and outshone anyone.

I don't care much for Nadiya - I find her hard to warm to, but I can't quite grasp why that is to be honest. I think he is either really good or really bad - depending on the challenge. Her food never really interests me either.

I think Matt's time was up - he always seemed to fluke things. I don't know if that was just his character and how he wanted to come across, but he always seemed to do well in the challenges he didn't have a clue about.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2015, 09:03:05 am »
I would like Tamal to win this.  If not him - any of the others but Ian
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2015, 05:05:16 pm »
I'm saying Paul out next, then Flora.  Final three of Ian, Nadiya and Tamal, Tamal out in 3rd and Nadiya winning.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2015, 08:12:51 pm »
Line up, line up, get your Flora cream horn jokes here!!
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2015, 08:57:46 pm »
Paul  :(
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2015, 08:58:41 pm »
Flora had a lucky escape there. Bullseye on her for next week.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2015, 11:06:35 am »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2015, 03:25:35 pm »
I'm saying Paul out next, then Flora.  Final three of Ian, Nadiya and Tamal, Tamal out in 3rd and Nadiya winning.
Tick...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2015, 07:25:20 pm »
Flora should have gone....but her cuteness factor makes me ignore the fact that they made the wrong decision....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2015, 10:50:57 pm »
I warmed to Paul in the end. The right person went though, especially as Flora may wear those tight trousers again this week. :lickin

She's been shite most weeks but luckily for her there's always been someone worse.

Nadiya is taking this down IMO.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2015, 07:15:36 am »
Flora should have gone....but her cuteness factor makes me ignore the fact that they made the wrong decision....

Indeed, love Flora, she's probably the weakest baker of the remaining lot, but hope she somehow flukes her way into the final

Wait, is she really 19 as someone said in one of the previous pages?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:19:37 am by IanZG »