Author Topic: Burnley Football Club  (Read 45089 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Burnley Football Club
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2020, 02:35:06 am »
Well his club certainly benefit from prize money and TV revenues propelled by TV contracts that focus on world-renowned draws like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc. Then again, one shouldn't be surprised

As for his politics, Dyche is a remainer – though he somewhat surprised me in naming Margaret Thatcher in his “six-a-side team to save the world”.

“You’re doing this to wind me up now, aren’t you?”

“When I was growing up, she was just such a big figure, doing so much, never off the news and I thought my God, that is some woman, in the world as it was then, you must have something special to be doing that job the way you do it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/22/sean-dyche-interview-alastair-campbell

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2020, 02:54:13 am »
Footy Accumulators
@FootyAccums
Sean Dyche has had his say on the possibility of the Premier League stepping in to help lower league clubs.

Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1308703700832194562?s=20

What an absolute scumbag.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2020, 07:33:57 am »
Footy Accumulators
@FootyAccums
Sean Dyche has had his say on the possibility of the Premier League stepping in to help lower league clubs.

Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1308703700832194562?s=20

Scrolling down that page - Sadiq Khan a Liverpool fan, well I never knew that.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: September 24, 2020, 09:29:25 am »
Well his club certainly benefit from prize money and TV revenues propelled by TV contracts that focus on world-renowned draws like Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal etc. Then again, one shouldn't be surprised

Couldn't agree more, I posted this in the transfer forum in response to another post, but it's better here.

Talk about kicking the ladder away. Of all the PL clubs, Burnley should be the one that understands the issues facing lower league clubs the most.

I'd argue Burnley also benefit the most from the collective TV deals. Would they get anywhere near their £126m TV money if they had to raise money based on their own popularity.

Collectivism when it suits.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 24, 2020, 09:35:45 am »
I'd have had Dyche as a Labour voter and Brexit voter, certainly not the other way around, the gravelly voiced weapon.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #165 on: February 2, 2021, 10:08:17 am »
Burnley's US takeover has left club £90m worse off and loaded with debt

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/burnley-us-takeover-has-left-club-90m-worse-off-and-loaded-with-debt

Looks like they've been given the Hicks & Gillett treatment.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 2, 2021, 10:54:13 am »
Just when you thought Burnley had good custodians before who kept the club in the black, they don't come out smelling of roses now, sold out literally for millions, stayed on as Directors and see a club they previously owned saddled with emormous debt now.

Those Hedge Fund owners will be receiving personal dividends from the TV money revenues, and any player purchases will be from more loans, they are going be absolute sharks.

5 years time they'll be like Bolton.

PL declined to comment on leverage buyout of clubs, no surprise there.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 10:59:03 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #167 on: February 2, 2021, 11:07:36 am »
One relegation and these could well go the Swansea/Bolton route

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #168 on: February 2, 2021, 11:11:02 am »
One relegation and these could well go the Swansea/Bolton route

Not sure thats the same route! Swansea mid table, then play offs and now 2nd in the Championship. Bolton near the bottom of League Two.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #169 on: February 2, 2021, 11:13:45 am »
Not sure thats the same route! Swansea mid table, then play offs and now 2nd in the Championship. Bolton near the bottom of League Two.

Bah meant to type Sunderland

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #170 on: February 2, 2021, 11:35:47 am »
Just when you thought Burnley had good custodians before who kept the club in the black, they don't come out smelling of roses now, sold out literally for millions, stayed on as Directors and see a club they previously owned saddled with emormous debt now.

Those Hedge Fund owners will be receiving personal dividends from the TV money revenues, and any player purchases will be from more loans, they are going be absolute sharks.

5 years time they'll be like Bolton.

PL declined to comment on leverage buyout of clubs, no surprise there.

Still can't get my head round this and why it's allowed
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #171 on: February 2, 2021, 01:11:52 pm »
Still can't get my head round this and why it's allowed
It shouldn't be. Tifo football podcast did a very worrying piece on the leveraged buy out of Burnley and how in effect it was extremely similar to how ourselves, Sunderland and Man Utd have been bought out in recent years - bearing in mind that Burnley have neither the ground size, revenue share or turnover of those clubs.

They also had £30m cash sitting in the bank when the club was bought, the new owners have paid that to themselves as dividends. Scummy.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #172 on: February 2, 2021, 04:01:10 pm »
I can't stand Burnley (bunch of cloggers who seem to delight in trying to cripple our players and always put in 100% effort against us, whilst rolling over for Abu Dhabi to tickle their tummies and score 5), but I hate parasitic hedge fund scumbags even more.

It's shot what's being done to that club.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 5, 2021, 06:29:06 am »
The greatest Premier League press conference of all time

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NEvBRLopKks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NEvBRLopKks</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #174 on: February 5, 2021, 12:15:28 pm »
Sean Dyche sounds like a right hoot!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 5, 2021, 01:02:09 pm »
I like Dyche, he seems a top Bloke, he's done an amazing job there on a tiny budget.

You think when he leaves them,  Burnley will drop like a stone, same way when Fat Sam left Bolton, someone will come in after Dyche and want to play an expansive game and they'll drop out out of the PL straight away.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 5, 2021, 01:05:49 pm »
Yeah I like Dyche.  He always seems to have a nice word to say about us whenever he's on the radio.

He's good on radio comms.

Their new owners will bleed the club dry!

Terrible how a club can be used in this way!
« Last Edit: February 5, 2021, 01:07:25 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2021, 10:04:04 pm »
There’s been some great days in the Premier League, but these getting flushed would be right up there

A blight on the competition
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2021, 10:12:24 pm »
Wish we were relegating them today but I'll settle for a 3-0 spanking, thank you very much.  :wanker

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2021, 10:14:42 pm »
Never liked this lot, they don't come across like a Premier League club in anything they do.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2021, 10:17:42 pm »
Their forwards must suffer from awful neck ache having to look up at those balls flying over their heads all game.

Horrible team. Horrible football.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2021, 10:19:15 pm »
Their fans are Stoke, Everton level of bad. Were booing everything including Rhys getting a knock on the head by their thug of a striker.

Play shit on stick football, have some of the worst divers in their teams. Hope they get relegated next year.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2021, 10:20:59 pm »
Plot twist: Burnley, Westham and Aston Villa are actually the same team.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2021, 10:22:51 pm »
Wonder if Dyche will call out their player for diving?

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2021, 10:42:03 pm »
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2021, 10:44:12 pm »
I still don't mind them, core of some decent players there and have been punching above their weight for the longest time.

I've seen Millwall in the top division.  If you want scummy clubs there's one rotten to its core.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2021, 10:48:53 pm »
I still don't mind them, core of some decent players there and have been punching above their weight for the longest time.

I've seen Millwall in the top division.  If you want scummy clubs there's one rotten to its core.

Wimbledon.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2021, 10:52:25 pm »
Imagine not being allowed into your stadium for 14 or 15 months and you FINALLY get back in and boo for 93 minutes.

Twats.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2021, 10:53:10 pm »
Hopefully this turd gets flushed next season ...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2021, 10:53:15 pm »
Imagine not being allowed into your stadium for 14 or 15 months and you FINALLY get back in and boo for 93 minutes.

Twats.

Shouldn't this be in the Everton thread?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2021, 10:53:49 pm »
How do they not have any black players?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2021, 10:53:57 pm »
Shouldn't this be in the Everton thread?

Feel free to copy and paste.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2021, 10:56:56 pm »

Interesting question ...

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2021, 10:59:53 pm »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 11:04:36 pm by kennedy81 »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2021, 11:00:54 pm »
Wimbledon.
Aye, still feel like Millwall one-up nearly everyone in the "BitOfABunchOfCunts" stakes though.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2021, 11:20:57 pm »
Mumbongo is the only one they have, played only 4 times this season, none as a starter.
Let's offer them Mane for 10M and if they turn it down, then there is definitely something suspicious.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2021, 11:24:51 pm »
Mumbongo is the only one they have, played only 4 times this season, none as a starter.
Let's offer them Mane for 10M and if they turn it down, then there is definitely something suspicious.
Dwight McNeil is of BAME origin had has firmly stated that earlier after the plane was flew when they played man city and Darren bent criticised them for not haveing any black players

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2021, 11:29:59 pm »

Well, this season's Mane for 10mill is not as obvious a test as one imagines ;)

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2021, 11:31:06 pm »
Couldn't bear to even think about Sadio in that shit kit.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2021, 11:41:28 pm »
I don't think Dyche or the club is racist. Dyche is just a dinosaur that prefers useless cloggers from lower leagues as they can play his long-ball style of football. I don't think the lower leagues are as diverse as the Premier League. Besides, I don't think we should subject any black players to the pain of playing for Burnley.

They also came out quite strongly about their fans flying racist anti-BLM banners.