Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2553366 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #32160 on: September 20, 2021, 11:45:51 am »
Had a KFC last night and then stupidly had about half a pint of ice coffee this morning. Obvious carnage.....but the gents at work is just off the office and the bluetooth speaker isn't working today so pretty sure everyone in the office heard the explosion, with no music to mask the groans and splatters.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #32161 on: September 20, 2021, 11:58:21 am »
Where I live (Tyneside) we say "Sitting room" . . . . only stuck up, posh fuckers call it the lounge.  As for "snug" isn't that where Ena Sharples went in to have a bottle of milk stout?

It's probably because my family is so spread and my parents are from different parts of the country but all these things with more than one name like - Lounge, Sitting Room, Living Room or Tea, Lunch, Dinner etc. I just use whatever I feel like at the time or what I know the person I'm talking to uses. Never had a set one in my house!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #32162 on: September 20, 2021, 11:59:27 am »
Had a KFC last night and then stupidly had about half a pint of ice coffee this morning. Obvious carnage.....but the gents at work is just off the office and the bluetooth speaker isn't working today so pretty sure everyone in the office heard the explosion, with no music to mask the groans and splatters.

Chaos, my Dad had to suffer the Centenary Stand bogs after a KFC gone wrong on match day once  ;D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32163 on: September 20, 2021, 12:02:33 pm »
I think it’s a woman thing (hides for cover) as my Mum, sisters, GF and her mum are all the same. Constantly late.

Asked my mum at 11 what time she is picking my 4 year old up. She said 11.30. It's now 12 and no sign of her. She lives literally a 2 minute walk away, so surely you know what your plans are for the next 30 minutes and whether you can make it round in time. Or else just say to me to bring her round instead.  :butt
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #32164 on: September 20, 2021, 01:35:43 pm »
Basic manners, the lack of.

Saying 'please' and 'thank you' was drummed into me as a kid, clearly half of these ignorant bastards today didn't.

Just nipped out to Tesco on my lunch and as I went to walk out, I stood aside for two young girls to enter, saying "sorry" as I did. They didn't even acknowledge me or utter a word, instead I'm stood there like a chump wondering why I even apologised in the first place.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32165 on: September 20, 2021, 01:40:47 pm »

Saying 'please' and 'thank you' was drummed into me as a kid, clearly half of these ignorant bastards today didn't.

Just nipped out to Tesco on my lunch and as I went to walk out, I stood aside for two young girls to enter, saying "sorry" as I did. They didn't even acknowledge me or utter a word, instead I'm stood there like a chump wondering why I even apologised in the first place.

Kids these days don't know how to verbalise stuff like this.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32166 on: September 20, 2021, 01:58:21 pm »
Car broke down last week near my parents, dropped it in local garage to be sorted and got the train home. Picked it up today, £400 lighter, drive it a mile down the road and breaks down again.

Now on the train back for an hour wasting the best part of a day.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32167 on: September 20, 2021, 02:22:47 pm »

A pointed "You're welcome" illicits either a realisation and hurried/slightly embarrassed/belated "Oh.. thanks" or the ignorant twat (male or female) takes issue (happened to me about 20 years ago and some arrogant, strutting prick didn't thank me so I muttered "You're welcome" and he got all arsey, so I got arsey back and there we were, throwing profanities at each other at the entrance of a shopping arcade. I wanted to rip his throat out with my teeth. As soon as the 'fronting up' finished and we both went off with final "fucking prick" insults hurled, I reasoned I'd have been better just calmly saying "I thought you said 'thank you' for me holding the door for you so replied with 'you're welcome'; so if I misheard." Been dying for that situation to arise since, so I can be that calmly sanctimonious guy (although in reality, I usually flash to 'red mist' far too quickly in conflict situations and it'd quickly get to throwing profanities at the entrance of a shopping arcade).
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32168 on: September 20, 2021, 02:23:14 pm »
Hindsight
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32169 on: September 20, 2021, 02:29:03 pm »

it's not restricted to the youth of today. Plenty of times I've held the door open for someone older or about the same age, or let someone in/out of a side street when driving, and the c*nts don't even acknowledge you.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32170 on: September 20, 2021, 02:30:02 pm »
2.50 at Victoria then straight on a met.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32171 on: September 20, 2021, 03:05:17 pm »
it's not restricted to the youth of today. Plenty of times I've held the door open for someone older or about the same age, or let someone in/out of a side street when driving, and the c*nts don't even acknowledge you.

I'd agree. Middle aged women are the worst for Highway etiquette, let them through and you get zero acknowledgement.

Don't know what's worse, ignorance or poor eyesight. Too vain to get an eye test.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #32172 on: September 20, 2021, 03:06:48 pm »
Getting a bit sexist in here  ::)
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #32173 on: September 20, 2021, 03:22:23 pm »
Getting a bit sexist in here  ::)

chuck in old men in hats then

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #32174 on: September 20, 2021, 03:27:02 pm »
Having a big cold coffee late in the day to keep my awake to drive some kids home then not be able to sleep that night and be walking zombie for Sunday.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32175 on: September 20, 2021, 03:31:57 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32176 on: September 20, 2021, 03:40:33 pm »
chuck in old men in hats then

New hats, like Mo's?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32177 on: September 20, 2021, 07:40:26 pm »
The "combining your old pensions online feels so good" adverts on bus stops etc. First, there's a few thousands things on my "feels so good" list, but combining pensions online is not on that list. Second, what sort of lazy advertising is that? They could have put nearly everything with "feels so good". Eating ice cream. Or having a shit, for example.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32178 on: September 20, 2021, 08:33:20 pm »
The "combining your old pensions online feels so good" adverts on bus stops etc. First, there's a few thousands things on my "feels so good" list, but combining pensions online is not on that list. Second, what sort of lazy advertising is that? They could have put nearly everything with "feels so good". Eating ice cream. Or having a shit, for example.

Curious as to which company would want to advertise having a shit? :D

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32179 on: September 20, 2021, 08:41:37 pm »

Andrex?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32180 on: September 20, 2021, 08:46:06 pm »

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #32181 on: September 20, 2021, 09:14:31 pm »
Absolutely foaming here. Live in a downstairs maisonette. Mine is private rented, upstairs is council. All the window fascias need replacing. 9 months or so later of back and forth between all parties (tenant upstairs, myself, council, my estate agent, landlord, my employer for arranging to work from the office rather than home for the week). Get in tonight to find the scaffolding up and my satellite dish for Sky promptly taken down and popped on top of the garden waste bin. Not particularly a big deal if it's only a few days without TV if they refit it but if I need to book a Sky engineer it may take a good month or so. Can't even tell with the scaffolding if they have disassembled the dish properly or just ripped it off the wall  :butt
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:28:05 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32182 on: September 20, 2021, 10:01:53 pm »

Just went past one for thegutstuff.co.uk, which showed thw different types of poo you could produce. :-\
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32183 on: September 21, 2021, 10:10:30 am »
I seem to spend a huge chunk of my life cleaning fox shit off our dog.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32184 on: September 21, 2021, 10:24:28 am »
The Citra hop.

Beer shouldn't taste of bitter grapefruit.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #32185 on: September 21, 2021, 01:48:25 pm »
working across a couple of excel docs

clicked exit out of the wrong one

3.5 hours of work this morning gone
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32186 on: September 21, 2021, 02:08:52 pm »

Did it not auto save as you were working?  If you do File --> Recent in a new Excel doc, there is an option at the bottom right of Recover Unsaved Workbooks, try that
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32187 on: September 21, 2021, 02:51:06 pm »
Went for a run at lunch having had a shit morning to clear my head. Instead tripped on the pavement, went flying and cut my knees and hurt my wrist. Really improved my mood!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32188 on: September 21, 2021, 02:51:29 pm »

I'm surprised some sanctimonious IT geek hasn't been on tut-tutting at you not using your computer the 'right' way.

:P

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32189 on: September 21, 2021, 02:52:52 pm »
PICNIC

Right, how much can I earn as an IT Helpdesk bod?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32190 on: September 21, 2021, 02:53:48 pm »
PICNIC

:lmao

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32191 on: September 21, 2021, 03:35:41 pm »
PICNIC

In your case it is PEBKAP

Problem exists between knees and pavement.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32192 on: September 21, 2021, 04:03:06 pm »

:D

Fair.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32193 on: September 21, 2021, 04:20:08 pm »
Went for a run at lunch having had a shit morning to clear my head. Instead tripped on the pavement, went flying and cut my knees and hurt my wrist. Really improved my mood!

Luckily you didn’t fall into some fox shit

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32194 on: September 21, 2021, 04:20:21 pm »

Phew. Thought in BDN's case you were trying to say "Penis Extends Beyond Knee Almost-to Pavement"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #32195 on: September 21, 2021, 04:33:11 pm »

Phew. Thought in BDN's case you were trying to say "Penis Extends Beyond Knee Almost-to Pavement"

Well, I did trip over something.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32196 on: September 21, 2021, 04:59:13 pm »

I'm surprised some sanctimonious IT geek hasn't been on tut-tutting at you not using your computer the 'right' way.

:P

I did consider questioning why the fuck he didn't do some saves during the 3.5 hours.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #32197 on: September 21, 2021, 06:24:21 pm »
I did consider questioning why the fuck he didn't do some saves during the 3.5 hours.
the one time I didn't

Did it not auto save as you were working?  If you do File --> Recent in a new Excel doc, there is an option at the bottom right of Recover Unsaved Workbooks, try that
found some path for potentially getting it back but couldn't access it. rang IT for this paths but haven't heard back
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32198 on: September 21, 2021, 07:07:43 pm »
the one time I didn't
 found some path for potentially getting it back but couldn't access it. rang IT for this paths but haven't heard back

I've been guilty of this in the past, wrote a shitload of code and the network crashed, lost the fucking lot, worst but was I couldn't remember what I'd written so couldn't just do it again. I've also once had a crash, recovered the backup file and it fucked up and deleted a load of code. :butt

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32199 on: September 21, 2021, 07:11:32 pm »
Shitty low cost airlines that advertise cheap fares but then hit you with add-ons that cost more than the fare. For families it must be a nightmare.