Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426855 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)
« Reply #32680 on: August 20, 2019, 03:03:54 am »
Would that have been Maguirez fault? First he fouls Traore. Clearly. Then needlessly concedes a corner.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" Man City Supporters Club (HQ: Torquay)
« Reply #32681 on: August 20, 2019, 03:52:28 am »
United to trademark the phrase 'vast global fan base'
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #32682 on: August 20, 2019, 04:15:01 am »
United to trademark the phrase 'vast global fan base'

They need one.

Half a million of them have got to stump up £1 a week just to keep Sanchez in pretzels and dog food.
YNWA

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #32683 on: August 20, 2019, 06:37:46 am »
Didn't watch it and just seen the score. Great result for them, 1-1, Pogba MOTM it seems.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:41:08 am by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #32684 on: August 20, 2019, 06:39:43 am »
Wolves. They've changed it to Raul Jimenez but pretty much kept every other word the same.

They seem to do that with a lot of our songs.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32685 on: August 20, 2019, 06:47:31 am »
The draw means our game at the weekend will leave at most only one team on a 100% . If we punish arsenal like we normally do at Anfield ....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32686 on: August 20, 2019, 06:47:34 am »
Honestly thought they would start well and then the same issues would come back to haunt them.

Press, run and counter. That seems to be it with a little bit more confidence in Defence. Any side that has more intelligent possession and movement bypass them and players that are simply average.

Ole and his post match prezzers are deluded and bitter.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #32687 on: August 20, 2019, 07:27:12 am »
Honestly thought they would start well and then the same issues would come back to haunt them.

Press, run and counter. That seems to be it with a little bit more confidence in Defence. Any side that has more intelligent possession and movement bypass them and players that are simply average.

Ole and his post match prezzers are deluded and bitter.

He isn't in charge , it seems Pogba is.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #32688 on: August 20, 2019, 07:27:57 am »
Love the change to the thread title, it's so true!

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32689 on: August 20, 2019, 07:46:26 am »

‘The sisters have taken a real shine to you....especially Mags’

He looks like he could be one of those Brazillian twins who played for them.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32690 on: August 20, 2019, 07:56:10 am »
I think us winning 6 has broken Gary Neville’s brain. He’s given up all pretense of professional objectivity now and is starting to spout fan fiction on air about his beloved Man Utd. How he could possibly see potential title winners (at any time) in that shower is amazing to me. That is a team that is desperately lacking in quality.

He has totally lost the plot. I think it was mid way through the first half, they'd had something like 78% possession and not done a thing with it other than pass it about a lot. I know the vast majority of this league is shit, but teams with managers with balls, such as Leicester, Everton and Norwich won't sit back and shit themselves and will beat these.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32691 on: August 20, 2019, 08:04:39 am »
He has totally lost the plot. I think it was mid way through the first half, they'd had something like 78% possession and not done a thing with it other than pass it about a lot. I know the vast majority of this league is shit, but teams with managers with balls, such as Leicester, Everton and Norwich won't sit back and shit themselves and will beat these.
I think the vast majority of this league would be top 4 pretty much anywhere else in the world. 
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32692 on: August 20, 2019, 08:07:53 am »
I think the vast majority of this league would be top 4 pretty much anywhere else in the world. 

That doesn't say much for the quality of the other leagues.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32693 on: August 20, 2019, 08:08:56 am »

Think this lot would struggle ;D

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #32694 on: August 20, 2019, 08:18:15 am »
BBC Gossip colum today:
Manchester United's Argentina international defender Marcos Rojo, 29, was denied a move to Everton on transfer deadline day because the Glazers see the Toffees as a direct rival. (Express)

;D

The Glazers - the gift that keeps on giving....

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32695 on: August 20, 2019, 08:19:22 am »
Notice this morning Sky are wanking themselves off over Martial getting to 50 goals for this shower faster than Ronaldo. Had a quick look, he's got 36 league goals in 115 appearances, 50 in all comps in 176 games.

Over the same period, Mane has played 131 games for us and Southampton in the league, scoring 57 and 163 in all comps, scoring 77 and he has to play alongside Salah and Bobby. Sadio's figures are even more impressive when you just compare his time at us with the same season for Martial ;D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32696 on: August 20, 2019, 08:29:22 am »
Can I take a moment out from piss taking to join the condemnation of the racist abuse of pogba on twitter?

Thank you

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #32697 on: August 20, 2019, 09:23:09 am »
classy bunch as always

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32698 on: August 20, 2019, 09:23:46 am »
Can I take a moment out from piss taking to join the condemnation of the racist abuse of pogba on twitter?

Thank you

Cesspit of c*nts that twatter.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32699 on: August 20, 2019, 09:25:02 am »
That sort of thing really doesn’t have any reflection on the football club. I’m sure there are plenty of blerts on Twitter and Facebook spouting vile shit under the guise of being Liverpool fans.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32700 on: August 20, 2019, 09:52:09 am »
BBC Gossip colum today:
Manchester United's Argentina international defender Marcos Rojo, 29, was denied a move to Everton on transfer deadline day because the Glazers see the Toffees as a direct rival. (Express)

;D

Have the daft bastards not noticed that Everton have a long and useful history of taking united's deadweight for them, would be mental of them to mess up that useful way of getting rid of some of their drossier dross.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #32701 on: August 20, 2019, 10:03:49 am »
Nice work from Sky, shaping the story around the game once again  ::)  Even the Guardian are leading with Solkjaer comments on the penalty this morning.

Seems odd that the story stemmed from Pogba's penalty "miss" - pretty sure he hit the target with a well-struck penalty and was denied by a good save.

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #32702 on: August 20, 2019, 10:04:15 am »
BBC Gossip colum today:

;D

At least we know who their transfer committee are now
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32703 on: August 20, 2019, 10:10:33 am »
Nice work from Sky, shaping the story around the game once again  ::)  Even the Guardian are leading with Solkjaer comments on the penalty this morning.

Seems odd that the story stemmed from Pogba's penalty "miss" - pretty sure he hit the target with a well-struck penalty and was denied by a good save.

The commentary I heard said it was an excellent save. Don't see what the fuss is about discussion over the penalty. I'm getting cynical though and any discussion generstes clicks. I half wonder if var was bought in just to create more clicks.  Can't thi nk of anyone funnier than pogba to have missed.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #32704 on: August 20, 2019, 10:27:50 am »
Patricio with an excellent, nay amazing, save. But good for Ole.

However, I am really really surprised by racist trolls among Man Utd fans? I would have thought they don't exist among Liverpool and Man Utd fans (proper british football clubs), but I have seen stranger things in my life. Wow.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #32705 on: August 20, 2019, 10:30:52 am »
It was incredible wasn't it. I remember at the end of last season he was saying they are miles behind off the pitch and need to put a proper structure in place off the pitch- none of this has happened and now he is talking about being in a position to capitalise when Pep leaves!

Like all their fans they think if they wait long enough it will just happen. Us and City have the best managers and really strong executives and recruitment teams in place to support them. These have a former Molde manager and Ed to close the gap

Signing a centre back from a rival for 6th, a right back from a team near the relegation zone and a winger from a Championship team for a combined £150m isn't really going to do much.
Banter aside, you would be blind to say that they have not improved, or that with 2 or three more additions they won't compete.

Yesterday Adama Traore tore them a new one when he came on, and Wolves should have won at home. But Utd were not as bad as you would think, and they have very young players who will grow.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #32706 on: August 20, 2019, 10:40:14 am »
Banter aside, you would be blind to say that they have not improved, or that with 2 or three more additions they won't compete.

Yesterday Adama Traore tore them a new one when he came on, and Wolves should have won at home. But Utd were not as bad as you would think, and they have very young players who will grow.

I think they're a little bit deceptive because of the energy and pace they currently have, because of the younger players. There is quality there but I'm not sure they're that cohesive going forward or in defence. Looks like the egos that were a problem last season are still there and they still look likely to shit the bed when the heat is on.

Wolves took far too long to have a go last night. God knows why any team is respecting/standing off that United side as much as they did.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32707 on: August 20, 2019, 10:41:55 am »
I think they're a little bit deceptive because of the energy and pace they currently have, because of the younger players. There is quality there but I'm not sure they're that cohesive going forward or in defence. Looks like the egos that were a problem last season are still there and they still look likely to shit the bed when the heat is on.

Wolves took far too long to have a go last night. God knows why any team is respecting/standing off that United side as much as they did.

Yeah, I've no idea what they were doing. Maybe the Wolves players have 2008 calendars up in their garage.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32708 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:46 am »

We get this every window “you’d be blind to think Pogba etc....” “you’d be blind to think Sanchez won’t tear it up....” etc. We’ll see, they were rubbish last night though and I’m not sure time is going to give Bissaka any skill with a football or make Mctominay or James develop some sort of talent.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32709 on: August 20, 2019, 10:43:28 am »
BBC Gossip colum today:

;D

To be fair, the Glazers are right. United's level is now competing for 6th or 7th, and that puts them in direct competition with the bitter BS.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #32710 on: August 20, 2019, 10:52:05 am »
To be fair, the Glazers are right. United's level is now competing for 6th or 7th, and that puts them in direct competition with the bitter BS.

Early-season prediction for the battle for the Europa League slots then... ;D

5th United
6th Leicester
7th Wolves
8th Everton
9th Chelsea

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #32711 on: August 20, 2019, 10:55:29 am »
Early-season prediction for the battle for the Europa League slots then... ;D

5th United
6th Leicester
7th Wolves
8th Everton
9th Chelsea

Wolves will struggle a bit once the Sunday-Thursday routine starts, I reckon.

I think Everton could well squeeze into 6th. And then we get to chuckle as they lose to Apoel Nicosia next season.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32712 on: August 20, 2019, 11:20:05 am »
I think Pogba is a gobshite, but the abuse he was getting on Twitter was a disgrace, racist arseholes.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #32713 on: August 20, 2019, 11:31:17 am »
United look decent from what I have seen - they should be able to mount a decent attempt to get in the top 4. The defensive improvements should see them collect points they dropped easily last season - especially at home. They dropped silly points last season at home. A win against a poor Palace side at the weekend and they would have taken 7 points from 9 games to start with. Helps them build a little confidence and get some of that feel good factor back.

Not quite sure their forward line is good enough to take them to the next level. Yesterday they needed to bring on attacking re-enforcements and the only players they had were Mata and a kid - this could prove costly for them. Martial and Rashford have shown quality in patches but not the consistency needed to drive a team and be the main fella.

Think they will comfortably finish above Everton, Wolves and maybe Leicester. Not sure on Chelsea yet and never sure about Arsenal - they look good, have unreal options upfront but look like they could be built on sand. That fourth place is definitely up for grabs but I think I'd put my money on United before putting it on Chelsea/Arsenal.

Hopefully they can give City a game this season.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #32714 on: August 20, 2019, 11:39:10 am »
From the little I've seen of Manchester United, which mercifully isn't a lot, the only thing I'd be confident of is that they will finish ahead of Chelsea. Purely because I don't yet expect Solskjaer to have regressed to the point of doing impressions of Tim Sherwood unlike the chap managing the team at Stamford Bridge.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32715 on: August 20, 2019, 11:50:10 am »
Depends entirely on how he/they deal with a run of bad form. If it goes south like at the end of last season I really wouldn’t be confidently naming anyone who they’ll finish above.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32716 on: August 20, 2019, 11:59:24 am »
United look decent from what I have seen - they should be able to mount a decent attempt to get in the top 4. The defensive improvements should see them collect points they dropped easily last season - especially at home. They dropped silly points last season at home. A win against a poor Palace side at the weekend and they would have taken 7 points from 9 games to start with. Helps them build a little confidence and get some of that feel good factor back.

Not quite sure their forward line is good enough to take them to the next level. Yesterday they needed to bring on attacking re-enforcements and the only players they had were Mata and a kid - this could prove costly for them. Martial and Rashford have shown quality in patches but not the consistency needed to drive a team and be the main fella.

Think they will comfortably finish above Everton, Wolves and maybe Leicester. Not sure on Chelsea yet and never sure about Arsenal - they look good, have unreal options upfront but look like they could be built on sand. That fourth place is definitely up for grabs but I think I'd put my money on United before putting it on Chelsea/Arsenal.

Hopefully they can give City a game this season.

They've had a couple of decent results, no denying that, but with Solskjaer it'll be the same as last season i expect - when a disappointing result comes along [you could argue all this fuss over the penalty won't help - and it won't] I'm not sure I back him to turn it around. I don't think the players really trust him [again, i refer to the penalty incident] or respect him and if things turn a bit bumpy he won't get them out of it. Last year when he came in they rode a bit of a crest of a wave, now they are [kind of] going on that again as it's a new season and new enthusiasm etc. I don't think it'll last. I also think their midfield without Pogba [he's not as good as he thinks he is, but he's their best midfielder] is arguably championship level and as summer turns to autumn and winter, that'll start to show. Once we hit 12-15 games I think they could well be outside the top 6, if they are he'll be sacked.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32717 on: August 20, 2019, 12:00:11 pm »
The Cafe Rouge narrative is that Maguire "has improved the defence", I'd have improved that defence ffs, unless they play a low block against a fast set of attackers (like us or Arsenal for instance) Lunkhead and Lindelof will get destroyed, imagine them playing a high line with Bobby pressing them for 90 minutes?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32718 on: August 20, 2019, 12:02:13 pm »
They sold their only consistent scorer in the league last year - in fact he was the only one who got into double figures.

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. Martial maybe if he hits form, but Rashford isn't going to be a big scorer.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32719 on: August 20, 2019, 12:10:19 pm »
They sold their only consistent scorer in the league last year - in fact he was the only one who got into double figures.

I just don't see where the goals are going to come from. Martial maybe if he hits form, but Rashford isn't going to be a big scorer.

They’re both probably 1 in 3 players at the moment, which isn’t particularly bad but really isn’t going to push them up the table when they’ve not exactly got a huge amount of goal scorers elsewhere. Personally think they’ve done a Chelsea and pretty much written off the season and anything they achieve is more Hope than any sort of expectation. And they’ll look to follow Lukaku with the likes of Sanchez and a few others.

Which probably isn’t a bad tactic as they might end up in a position to challenge in 2/3 seasons, but the great thing is that their fans won’t be patient enough for it.