Author Topic: PL: Liverpool (4) Salah 20', Mane 46', 52, S v West Ham (0) 12.08.18 KO 13.30pm.  (Read 52888 times)

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
I'm sure that any body that thought that people might think their league was bent might think it was a good idea to make sure that no one could have any excuse to think like that.

Not sure if you've ever worked in Manchester, but look up the area in question and look up the stats on who they support. You might find it surprising.
...any normal football fan(as opposed to a paranoid conspiracy theorist) would find it difficult to believe that a man from a rabid manu family who lives
in the vicinity of old trafford would be the only person in the family to conveniently support Altrincham.
 It's not as though he goes out of his way to disprove the theory either. Very quick to book AA and such a scowl on his face as he did it! I'm sure he would have been the family hero as well if his inteception as we were bringing the ball out had lead to a goal...and yes that would have been too obvious but I'm sure he got in the way of Coutinho a few times when he reffed our game against the mancs at Anfield.
As for it not mattering if we win 4-0, if we won 6-0 that may mean the difference to CL football(or even the title) at the end of the season.
It's not a matter of football fans deciding every referee who should take our games...it's about cases like this where you'd think the EPL would want to be shown to be squeaky clean ...it's about us paying customers being able to watch a game without having to keep an eye on the dodgy referee(perceived or otherwise).

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anthony-taylor/bilanz/schiedsrichter/847 shows that he isn’t that bad for us as some on here think, but I guess that would spoil the whinging. Before one of the usual lot jump on me for supposedly defending him or refs in general (because for some reason they seem to think that anything other than suspicion of refs is defending them), I’m just pointing out stats that suggest Taylor isn’t some scheming villain but just a referee.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:53:16 am by sms1986 »

Offline feynman

• Anny Roader
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anthony-taylor/bilanz/schiedsrichter/847 shows that he isn’t that bad for us as some on here think, but I guess that would spoil the whinging. Before one of the usual lot jump on me for supposedly defending him or refs in general (because for some reason they seem to think that anything other than suspicion of refs is defending them), I’m just pointing out stats that suggest Taylor isn’t some scheming villain but just a referee.
I can see he is biased to Manchester United compare to us (see the win percentage). He doesn't like City too apparently (10 wins in 18 games).

Sent from my G3421 using Tapatalk

Offline feynman

• Anny Roader
The table from transfermarkt shows how bent Taylor to Manchester United. It's the only team with a whopping ~75% win percentage. Comparing it with to the rest of the big 6 (~55%), I could say he's favouring them for whatever reason.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
We won 4-0. Why focus on how good we were when we can focus on the ref who wasn’t great, but wasn’t terrible either. Makes perfect sense.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
...any normal football fan(as opposed to a paranoid conspiracy theorist) would find it difficult to believe that a man from a rabid manu family who lives
in the vicinity of old trafford would be the only person in the family to conveniently support Altrincham.
 It's not as though he goes out of his way to disprove the theory either. Very quick to book AA and such a scowl on his face as he did it! I'm sure he would have been the family hero as well if his inteception as we were bringing the ball out had lead to a goal...and yes that would have been too obvious but I'm sure he got in the way of Coutinho a few times when he reffed our game against the mancs at Anfield.
As for it not mattering if we win 4-0, if we won 6-0 that may mean the difference to CL football(or even the title) at the end of the season.
It's not a matter of football fans deciding every referee who should take our games...it's about cases like this where you'd think the EPL would want to be shown to be squeaky clean ...it's about us paying customers being able to watch a game without having to keep an eye on the dodgy referee(perceived or otherwise).

They won’t change it now though, because it will show they’ve been wrong all this time allowing it

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
We won 4-0. Why focus on how good we were when we can focus on the ref who wasn’t great, but wasn’t terrible either. Makes perfect sense.

Kind of right

But he was terrible
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can see he is biased to Manchester United compare to us (see the win percentage). He doesn't like City too apparently (10 wins in 18 games).

He’s still mostly refereeing wins or draws for us, and he’s given us more penalties than he has to United. That’s my whole point here.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Welcome to RAWK, you must be new here.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A tremendous start to the season. Every player was excellent and it was fantastic to see such quality and depth on the bench. I was delighted for Sturridge and I really hope he has a great season and earns a new contract.

Keita is the real deal and will rip the league up this season.

I don't know if the ref is biased but I do know he was shite.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A tremendous start to the season. Every player was excellent and it was fantastic to see such quality and depth on the bench. I was delighted for Sturridge and I really hope he has a great season and earns a new contract.

I know a lot on here are sure he'll get injured soon enough, but I think he'll stay fit all season and come off the bench to score some important goals for us.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
That pass by Trent to Keita was amazing.

Trent is just a special footballer. One slight complaint is I would like to see him run at the defence more because he can carry it so well.

He is the most complete footballer we have seen since Gerrard.

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!

Trent is just a special footballer. One slight complaint is I would like to see him run at the defence more because he can carry it so well.

Naby Keita says Hi!
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
He’s still mostly refereeing wins or draws for us, and he’s given us more penalties than he has to United. That’s my whole point here.
Shtatistics, smatishtics. Has it occurred to you that we might have won or drawn those games DESPITE him(an example was
the non-existent free kick he gave to Sunderland in the last minute that led to an equaliser last time we were up there).
If it looks like a manc, walks like a manc and acts like a manc it is a manc. You have leapt to his defence before and obviously have your own reasons.  Most Liverpool fans are aware of the irrational loathing for all things Liverpool in that part of the world. I just don't want one of the c*nts refereeing our games because he claims not to be a manu fan against all logic.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Naby Keita says Hi!

Keita is amazing but what is his long passing and shooting like?

Trent is obviously not on Keita’s level yet but he can pass well both short and long, has an amazing cross, can run and dribble well, shoots well, can take a good free kick and is quick.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Keita is 23, Trent is 19, just imagine what our team will be like with these two at their peak!

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan

Certainly up there, Coutinho was pretty complete as well.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Keita is amazing but what is his long passing and shooting like?

Trent is obviously not on Keita’s level yet but he can pass well both short and long, has an amazing cross, can run and dribble well, shoots well, can take a good free kick and is quick.

Fantastic. You've obviously not seen him in the Bundesliga it looks like. Keita is as complete a midfielder you're going to get. And we've got Bobby, who's probably the most complete midfielder/forward we may have seen. VVD might be the most complete CB and so on..

Trent is pretty good, but he's not the most complete footballer we've had since Gerrard. He can be fantastic for his age without the absurd superlatives. Let's not place too much burden/expectations on him and let him get on eh?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Are you sure you mean that? That bias has only to be “perceived” and not actually real. Wouldn’t that make you (and your equivalents at Man United and Everton etc) the arbiters of who was able referee games? I mean you guys perceive bias everywhere.

That’s pretty much why Mike Dean wasn’t allowed to ref Liverpool or Everton games for 10 years. It wasn’t because he would be biased (he supports neither team), but the perception that there could be bias “might lead to comment and debate which could place him under undue additional pressure.”
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trent is pretty good, but he's not the most complete footballer we've had since Gerrard. He can be fantastic for his age without the absurd superlatives. Let's not place too much burden/expectations on him and let him get on eh?

Whilst I agree, I think he's done well with expectations so far.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Someone posted this on the Liverpool subreddit about Keita -

88% Pass Success

68 Total Passes

1 Key Pass

81 Touches

2/3 Dribbles Completed

1 Tackle

1 Aerial Duel won

1 Interception

Heatmap - https://imgur.com/a/GkRGZy8

Thoughts:

He looked in cruise control out there to be honest and still was oozing class. His touch was quality, the weight of his passes were perfect and he was very intelligent when on the ball.

It was obvious that once he received the ball with space in front of him, there was little the defense could do. Notably, the first goal where he received the ball in the middle of the pitch with space to drive towards the defense and deliever a inch perfect pass to Robbo for the Salah goal and a chance later in the game when he again drove in space with the ball and delievered a great pass to Mane who in turn found Bobby on the right side with plenty of space to deliever a simple cross to Salah for a tap in which Fabianski unfortunately saved. Another example was in the 2nd half when he made an incisive pass that bypassed the midfield and thus forced two defenders on Salah who back-heeled it to Gini for a good sight on goal but the shot was blocked.

The ability to receive the ball in between the lines and attack defenders or to make an incisive pass that breaks the lines is something we missed since Coutinho. And the thing is this was an average performance from him imo. There were moments in the game where he could've taken on more defenders but opted for the safer pass which I believe because he didnt want to take many risks in his first game esp. with Gini solely as the no 6. There were other moments when he was in a great position in between the lines to receive a pass but no one saw him. But this is something that will take time once his chemistry with the rest of the team improves.

Overall, I know its the first game and it might be rash to get overly excited over one game but we waited a year for this. And now we unfortunately have to wait all the way until Monday to see the boys again. I just cant help it but to be excited about our new no 8

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/974xm6/discussion_and_analysis_naby_keitas_first_game_as/

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
That’s pretty much why Mike Dean wasn’t allowed to ref Liverpool or Everton games for 10 years. It wasn’t because he would be biased (he supports neither team), but the perception that there could be bias “might lead to comment and debate which could place him under undue additional pressure.”

But - unless I’m misunderstanding Andy’s point - the analogy would require Mike Dean to be have been stopped from officiating Man Utd games because he came from the Wirral, not Liverpool and Everton games.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Fabiansky there  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fabiansky there  ;D

looks a bit like tim sherwood

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Even after a season like the one he had last year, I still think a lot of time is required before making a statement like this. He's 19 after all.

The more excitable side of me wants to agree with you right now though, because the potential is definitely there. He seems at ease in all situations. That goes for both his excellent technical ability and, something I think that goes unmentioned, his maturity. Outside of Liverpool, nobody knew who he was a year ago. Since then he's had a whole season in the first team of a top four side, a Champions League final, a World Cup debut...and he looks completely unaffected by it all.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Fabiansky there  ;D
Probably captained Mo in FF
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
If you're talking about losing the final & semi, you'd have to be good enough to recognize that this side has reached a European Final twice in 3 years and another Cup Final as well. And this side has become a Top 4 side twice in a row, after failing to finish in the Top 4 in 6/7 previous seasons. It has to be within a context. And it has the potential to achieve so much more.

The context is simple. One poster says this side is better than the one of 88. I say it isn’t, because this side has yet to win anything. Where they came from the previous season(s) was not a point of discussion.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

We're that fucking good, nothing he can do to stop us winning   8) United don't get as many pens because they don't get in anyones box anymore.

Sunday was a wonderful start to the season, but some are rightly commenting on the ref. In what we all accept is likely to be a very close run title chase, visions of our last run v City are already in my head, we are going to need every point and goal we can get. When we were ruling everyone in the 70's and 80's, we'd still moan like fuck about shit referring displays.

The officials were poor again in this game, as they were in some other games. Not surprised the pundits and commentators are already commenting about VAR and how this that and the other would have been spotted - including our offside goal.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The context is simple. One poster says this side is better than the one of 88. I say it isn’t, because this side has yet to win anything. Where they came from the previous season(s) was not a point of discussion.

This is Klopp's third season, which is usually a very successful one (compare that to Mourinho's third seasons) and I do think we'll get at least one trophy out of this season, along with a title challenge.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
This is Klopp's third season, which is usually a very successful one (compare that to Mourinho's third seasons) and I do think we'll get at least one trophy out of this season, along with a title challenge.

Hopefully that will be the case, but still a long way to go before we know for sure. one game at a time  ;)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully that will be the case, but still a long way to go before we know for sure. one game at a time  ;)

Indeed, that's how Klopp and the players will see it.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!

If it looks like a manc, walks like a manc and acts like a manc ... it is a manc.

ipso factum...

"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think many, if not most, of our wins this season will be like this - a comfortable win where we don't even need to be at 100% to thrash our opponents.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
I think many, if not most, of our wins this season will be like this - a comfortable win where we don't even need to be at 100% to thrash our opponents.

Especially at Anfield. Hopefully, a lot of teams will come to Anfield expecting to lose and make our task a bit easier

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Especially at Anfield. Hopefully, a lot of teams will come to Anfield expecting to lose and make our task a bit easier

Anfield is becoming a fortress again and I think West Ham definitely arrived expecting defeat or at least a very difficult game.

Offline Ben87

• Main Stander
Anfield is becoming a fortress again and I think West Ham definitely arrived expecting defeat or at least a very difficult game.

Definitely. The game is already half won when teams turn up with that mentality, so the better we are the easier it should become.

I think that was a factor with City dominating so much last season, no one believed they were beatable until we did it. So hopefully we can do the same and City show a bit of weakness this year.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
We are a very very good team.

The referee was really bad though. VAR can't come soon enough.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline dptlfc83

• Main Stander
We are a very very good team.

The referee was really bad though. VAR can't come soon enough.

Why VAR?

VAR will ruin footy. It was shite in the WC. Waiting around for it, players surrounding the ref asking for it. The game will end up like nfl. No thanks.