Author Topic: PL: Liverpool (4) Salah 20', Mane 46', 52, S v West Ham (0) 12.08.18 KO 13.30pm.  (Read 52906 times)

Offline garumn

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Great start to the season, could not possible ask for more. Keita looks amazing, so versatile.

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
Perfect start to the season, four goals, clean sheet, played some breathtaking stuff at times.

Roll on next week Monday.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Geoff, I am sure you are like me in that you can’t understand how he gets away with saying he never supported a Manc club as a kid. Altrincham my arse

Aye but in the end even he could not fuck up our day,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
I was almost worried Sturridge was not gonna do his dance after the goal

Offline YNWA_O

• Main Stander
keita looked amazing
clean sheet
front three looked great
nothing more I could have asked for

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
Fantastic performance from everybody, especially Milner, Keita and Mane.

The crowd seemed a little subdued though - especially for the first game of the season.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
We are going to be awesome this season ... no doubt. We looked ready to give our best shot for this season. Alisson, Keita, Virgil with full pre-season, a more experienced AA and Gomez, Mane at his best, a back to his best Sturridge on the bench ... we are already better than last season on paper

Great start to kick off the new season. Onwards and upwards
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline seal75

• Kopite
Love the way Gini has rediscovered his attacking instinct.
Forward runs and passes all game.  :lickin
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
Effortless. This is a West Ham side that will probably nick some points from our rivals too. Can't wait for our next game.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Felipe Anderson looks like he could do well for them

he's quick and carries the ball well and credit to him he made some good defensive contributions running back to stop our counters. Good buy from them

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
That was scintillating, dynamic, powerful... superb performance! Probably the best opening day performance I’ve ever seen. Naby is a lovely little player - slotted right in, no problem! He’ll do damage this season cos he’s so mobile and quick and hard to pick up! Great day 👏👏👏

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Geoff, I am sure you are like me in that you can’t understand how he gets away with saying he never supported a Manc club as a kid. Altrincham my arse

Its a fucking joke. Of. Ourse he supports utd, he is from just down the road

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
West Ham are a much better side than this and are capable of causing problems if you let them. We contained them brilliantly. None of the combinations that Pellegrino used when City won the league were in evidence today. They ran out of ideas and we either played through them or around them. and no we were not 100% yet, Trent has lost his crossing boots, and some players first touch were off.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
Shout out to Joe Gomez. Solid debut.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
No complaints. Good debuts from Keita, Alisson and Shaqiri. Studge scores. Mané looking sharp.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ey?

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
I swear every other time I noticed van Dijk he was around the halfway line. I strongly suspected also that if Shaquiri had played for the whole second half, he would have scored. I also thought, Klopp hasn't given Studge enough time to score. What do I know, compared to that sly old dog with 2 dicks.

:lmao :lmao :lmao
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Ey?
as in "solid first match of the season"

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan

Looks at home at CB doesn't he? Hopefully now with 2 options in each full back position, we'll see Joe playing centrally all season. I'd expect Lovren to be first choice still , but it wouldn't surprise me if he ousts Matip as 3rd choice.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
Four goals and hardly ever out of second gear. Never thought I'd see the day we'd win the opening game without too much hassle either, so a good day!
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
We were pretty much excellent.

But as you say Taylor was abysmal.
That free kick where he sprayed a line and let the wall stand in front of it.
And as for blowing up because Wilshire got one in the goolies, putting us from the edge of their box back into ours.?????

And honestly think their defender could've been sent-off for a second yellow for that horrible challenge on Mane outside their box for that free-kick.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Love when we are so dominant that the opposition are happy time wasting at 3-0 down just to limit the damage we are doing.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
One of the reasons I really like Brendan Rodgers' coaching is his emphasis on mobility. "Positionless" attacking is nearly unstoppable when you have good quality technical players to play it.

The past 3 seasons for Klopp has been a slow evolution to the same type of football - not that he didn't want it from the start, but that he didn't have enough players to risk it, because it is a physically demanding way to play, especially with the pressing defence.

Today was a great example of where we're heading, and we weren't even at full pelt. Salah was right side, central, left side, Mane was the same, but also up front and dropped back, Firmino was every where, Milner was right side, left side and central midfield, Keita covered every line on the field, and even TAA was outside and inside the field. The only constants were Robertson, VVD, Gomez and Wijnaldum. Impossible to mark, causes consternation in defence, and the only real solution is to defend deep and stay compact - which entirely nullifies your attack if you have any ambition to play a passing game, like West Ham did.

This season will be a good 'un. I could see us losing less than 5 games in the league.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Brilliant start to the season. We made it look so effortless and l9ok in the groove already. Keita was superb on his debut. Milner was fantastic and looks so comfortable in that position. Made up for sturridge. If he can keep fit he very genuinely could be the difference in those tight games this season.

No beach ball to debate today
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Milner

Most in match in all of these categories
122 touches
Completed 95/102 passes
3 chances created
7 crosses
12.55km distance covered

Milner's just perfect for these types of games when our front 3 is making all sorts of movement and he can just ping in his standard crosses (which are often brilliant on open play, not on the set-pieces though). Today, he just dictated play all over.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Couldn't ask for more there...absolutely everything went right, including a late Studge goal  ;D

Onwards
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Difficult to fault anything. Sensational - 37 more of those please!

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Far too good for West Ham. They have strengthened in forward and wide areas, but their back four look leaky. It was good to see Antonio fail to improve on his impressive record as our Kryptonite. Wiltshire spends a lot of time on his ass - he’s a shadow of the player he threatened to be.

TAA is going to be immense for us, but at this moment in time I’d be tempted, particularly against other top 6 teams, to play Millie at right back. Gini would always be in my midfield so it’s a question of Hendo or Fabinho for the sitting role. Keita is a shoe-in.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Moos

• Main Stander
I thought the momentum got off little when Henderson got in..
Yeah, but that had more to do with Firmino coming of.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Anyone impressed with Gomez's passing out from the back from CB position. Helped us really well to push on and drive from the back. Of course, he made that one mistake by leaving the offside trap to let Arnautovic through, but he had an excellent game otherwise. Looks like we need that until Matip & more importantly Lovren is ready.

Offline acks

• Kopite
I thought Gomez had an excellent second half especially when he was carrying the ball up the pitch!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
That was impressive. I noticed that I was far more confident than usual about the opening game, of any game, and I think that’s down to what Klopp’s been building. If Klopp can have an anxious fan feeling confident, then imagine how the squad are feeling. We look assured on and off the ball.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Milner's just perfect for these types of games when our front 3 is making all sorts of movement and he can just ping in his standard crosses (which are often brilliant on open play, not on the set-pieces though). Today, he just dictated play all over.

He's sublime, so strong and determined and couples that with his brilliant reading of the game

A great player for a young pro to learn from

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Felipe Anderson looks like he could do well for them

he's quick and carries the ball well and credit to him he made some good defensive contributions running back to stop our counters. Good buy from them

He was. West Ham actually looked good in possession compared to previous years. Could be a good season for them.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
I was almost worried Sturridge was not gonna do his dance after the goal

I was not. Love that dance!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!

What? He has about 40 appearances for us.
Y.N.W.A.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Actually it was Oliver Kay mate but similar narrative. We make teams look bad.
He supports Liverpool :)

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
Nothing to see here. Just another routine 4-0 win.  ::)

Get in !!!!
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away

As in a centreback for us.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
;D
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored