Author Topic: MS Flight Simulator 2020  (Read 3857 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: MS Flight Simulator 2020
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2020, 08:04:05 pm »
Ah cool, I flew from Liverpool to London! Landed without killing myself - very unrealistic  ;D

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2020, 08:09:52 pm »
A shame they're using Bing, there's absolutely no photogrammetry data for the UK outside of Southampton whilst Google Maps has all of it. :(

Wow i didnt realise that .. what a load of bull, no wonder Anfield looks off :( hope orbx release their UK packs then!
- all in my opinion of course -

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2020, 08:15:56 pm »
Wow i didnt realise that .. what a load of bull, no wonder Anfield looks off :( hope orbx release their UK packs then!

There's already a London landmarks pack for Orbx. Still a piss take considering the amount of photogrammetry data there is for Germany or the US.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/08/18/all-341-photorealistic-cities-in-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/

Will hold off buying.
:D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2020, 08:41:49 pm »
Flying through the Grand Canyon, its really cool but buggy as hell. The AI can't quite seem to get its head around the geometry. Displays the water like a raised canal with big trenches at the side.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2020, 09:04:18 pm »
The game is insane. Have managed now to find my house and even though it looks nothing like the real one in terms of appearance (which is to be expected) it is still insane, that the general shape on the ground is pretty spot on. Same goes for the surroundings. Once you've managed to orientate yourself you immediately recognize the various streets and landmarks.

Using my joystick now and it works a lot better. Still trying to find the right key-bindings and the best way to combine the various input-device options... ;)

€dit: This is the house I live in BTW. Had to use the drone though to make that screenshot... ;)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2020, 09:16:30 pm »
Showoff :D

Anywho, here's a list of all the photorealistic cities. Only two in the whole UK..

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/08/18/all-341-photorealistic-cities-in-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/

Hope that list expands

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2020, 01:35:02 pm »
Does anyone who knows their way round these things advise how I can get better cpu and gpu usage? Currently only getting 16% out of both of them which gives me 20fps. Played Forza 4 earlier which was better, full gpu usage, 30% cpu usage and 98fps.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2020, 02:10:56 pm »
Does anyone who knows their way round these things advise how I can get better cpu and gpu usage? Currently only getting 16% out of both of them which gives me 20fps. Played Forza 4 earlier which was better, full gpu usage, 30% cpu usage and 98fps.

What is the utilisation across all the CPU cores?

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2020, 05:27:08 pm »
This game could get me buying the new XBox just for this, either that or ditching my Mac for a Windows laptop and playing it that way!
"We come here for the winning!"

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2020, 05:57:18 pm »
What is the utilisation across all the CPU cores?
I've attached a pic of the task manager while I was running this on medium settings
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 05:58:51 pm by King.Keita »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2020, 06:40:20 pm »
I've attached a pic of the task manager while I was running this on medium settings

On another forum I read someone else was having similar issues with it hammering a single core and no others. Looks like that might be the case here. I know FSX is demanding on single core performance but that's an old game not designed for multi core CPU's..maybe this is poorly optimised for some CPU's I'm not sure honestly.

Offline Bcnsean

• Main Stander
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2020, 07:38:32 pm »
This game could get me buying the new XBox just for this, either that or ditching my Mac for a Windows laptop and playing it that way!
It's being released on the xbox one.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2020, 07:42:47 pm »
One thing is sure though. The game is a good way to remind yourself, what the worst thing about consoles is. The fucking loading times... By the time you get into the cockpit for the first time in this game, you've started, loaded and finished other games... ;)

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2020, 08:15:55 pm »
It's being released on the xbox one.

Ooh! Cheers, did not know that. That’d save me a few quid although as a PlayStation person I’ll be buying a new console regardless.

Will see if the Series X looks worth the extra...
"We come here for the winning!"

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2020, 10:06:09 am »
There's already a London landmarks pack for Orbx. Still a piss take considering the amount of photogrammetry data there is for Germany or the US.

Will hold off buying.

Yeah, does seem like a pis-take, especially as the assets in the Orbx pack are apparently for the most part very low-res and it (the pack) actually makes several of the landmarks that were already in the game look markedly worse.  Don't actually have the game yet, so can't make a definitive, first hand comment.  There does seem to be a majority consensus on the aforementioned though.

One thing is sure though. The game is a good way to remind yourself, what the worst thing about consoles is. The fucking loading times... By the time you get into the cockpit for the first time in this game, you've started, loaded and finished other games... ;)

Yeah, this fucker's going straight on the NVME.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:08:51 am by Darren G »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2020, 02:48:17 pm »
You can check out Hurricane Laura

Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2020, 03:58:19 pm »
Can someone explain the appeal of this game, I'm seeing it pop up everywhere now but it looks kind of dull once you're up in the air?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2020, 06:17:14 pm »
Can someone explain the appeal of this game, I'm seeing it pop up everywhere now but it looks kind of dull once you're up in the air?

It seems a lot of people like playing as a plane.

Offline has gone odd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: September 3, 2020, 11:22:50 pm »
Doesn't get past the "press any key screen" for me, pure MS service bullshit. About 2 hours trying to fix it and give up.

Anyone else with issues like this out there?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: September 5, 2020, 09:28:16 pm »
I've been playing around trying to import photogrammetry from google maps, placement is still a bit off but looks better than the random crap the engine used

Give me a few months and I'll build the entire city ;D

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 6, 2020, 10:19:12 am »
That looks amazing mate!

Offline has gone odd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 6, 2020, 10:38:59 am »
Thats awesome work Fish. Someone on Nexus has put up a Carrow Road mod, any chance of the same here  8)

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 6, 2020, 12:02:19 pm »
Yeah I'll start sharing some stuff once I'm happy with my technique, just tried doing Everton HQ, the other two graces and some of the surrounding area but didn't work, just need a bit more practice

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2021, 08:58:24 pm »
Yeah I'll start sharing some stuff once I'm happy with my technique, just tried doing Everton HQ, the other two graces and some of the surrounding area but didn't work, just need a bit more practice
Did you end up creating any more stuff for this? I'd personally love someone to create an add-on for real airlines at airports instead of the generic Microsoft planes.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2021, 10:43:15 pm »
Did you end up creating any more stuff for this? I'd personally love someone to create an add-on for real airlines at airports instead of the generic Microsoft planes.

I made a bit of scenery but nothing that looked great then lost everything in a failed update, couldn't repair it and ended up uninstalling, might go back to it at some point but not much spare time at moment

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2022, 07:32:39 am »
Top Gun update now available for free, looking forward to getting stuck into that tonight while the missus is at Ed Sheeran and once the little ones asleep. :)
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...