Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3278142 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #39880 on: August 15, 2022, 06:28:12 pm »

Giggs? Now that's a blast from the past. Whatever happened to him?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39881 on: August 15, 2022, 06:29:04 pm »
How long have you been friends with Gary Neville?

;D
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #39882 on: August 15, 2022, 06:31:38 pm »
I don`t get this argument that a lot of United fans have about the owners not spending their "own" money on the club. First of all, why do they expect that? That implies that they want owners like City and Newcastle have, or an Abramovic. Most clubs aren`t based on owners spending their "own" money. Secondly, what defines "own money" anyway? If United as a club generates a lot of money now, also because of how the Glaziers have run it, haven`t they been part of making the club more valuable? They own the club, so why then technically isn`t the money that go to signing players, "their" money? Is it the club`s money? If so, why even need owners to begin with?

Yes, the Glaziers take out money of the club. That`s not so uncommon in the stock market. But does that make them bad owners as long as the club becomes more and more worth?

I am not sure if the Glaziers are bad owners because of that. The reason they`re bad is that they can`t put the right people in charge when it comes to the sporting side of things. Would they be bad owners if they had the staff that Liverpool has? If so, why? The problem isn`t that United spend too little money. It`s that they don`t have people who knows how to spend it right. United spend too much money.

Correct me if I`m wrong, but the reason FSG have shown themselves as good owners aren`t because they spend their "own" money. It`s because they know how to gradually grow a business and has bettered the commercial part of the club+ that they have put a system in place/great staff that makes the sporting operation successfull.

Oh do come on now. You are being incredibly unfair with that post. I mean why bring reality into this?  ::)

They don't want to hear the truth. They'd rather point the finger of blame in one single direction, despite the fact that outside observers can clearly see their problems are many and varied. Ferguson has long been a problem. The entire mindset of their club, fanbase and media cheerleaders is a massive problem. Ego and vanity is a major problem, as is over-sentimentality. That's before we even get started on the ineptitude and unprofessionalism that runs through the entire club like words in a stick of rock.

But no, it's all down to the Glazers not spending their personal wealth on them. I think these clowns don't understand the difference between personal wealth and the wealth of the business. Liverpool are light years ahead of United, yet John Henry doesn't spend his personal wealth on Liverpool FC. He spends what the club generates.

The thing with the grotesquely entitled Mancs is that they loved it when their revenue dwarfed most others and allowed them to bully the transfer market. But now others have caught up they don't like it. Add in the sportswashers and we see how the landscape has changed. The bully is now being bullied, so is crying off. It's poetic justice really.

The bottom line here is that they desperately crave a murderous regime of their own. It's crystal clear for all to see. They want someone in who is going to spend billions of their own nations wealth fund on them.

They're Man United. Their fans are only Billy Big Bollocks when the numbers are well in their favour. They are also only happy when the financial numbers favour them too. Otherwise, they cry off.

That lot forget that they willingly sold their soul years ago. They took 'Football Club' off their crest. They went big business in the stock market. They gambled and it served them ok for a while. Now they are squealing like pigs because the wave they rode has now peaked and crashed onto the rocks.

You've had your time. No fuck off...  :wave

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39883 on: August 15, 2022, 06:33:14 pm »
Giggs? Now that's a blast from the past. Whatever happened to him?

Currently training how to not drop soap in the showers.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39884 on: August 15, 2022, 06:37:41 pm »
Remember them few United supporters that would come in here from time-to-time? Some of em were alright. Some were the usual.

Where have they gone to? Could do with their input on this... :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39885 on: August 15, 2022, 06:40:01 pm »
Mac, they're living the jet set life. Cantona hasn't been seen in here in years. Still Skiing down the Alps mate.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #39886 on: August 15, 2022, 06:42:23 pm »
They've sorted all this now. They have a "Think tank" of which Fergie is part.  ;D

United’s chief executive Arnold has given Ferguson a ‘formal role’ at the club.

He will be part of a ‘think-tank’ which also includes ex-CEO David Gill, former captain Bryan Robson and director John Murtough.

This position is said to give Ferguson ‘more influence at Old Trafford than at any time since he stepped down as manager’.

There will be ‘regular meetings’ and they all will ‘advise on a wide range of issues’. This includes the redevelopment of their Carrington training ground.

A think tank that includes two alcoholics …..one of whom has recently had a brain aneurism.

That’s going to go well.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39887 on: August 15, 2022, 06:56:15 pm »
They've sorted all this now. They have a "Think tank" of which Fergie is part.

“A ‘think tank’ Alec? Haha. What tae fuck is a think tank? Yous get pished and pick the team for Erik? ”
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #39888 on: August 15, 2022, 07:08:21 pm »

Sorry, I was never that good at biology!

But that is a great photo. What is that bulging pipe thing on the side of his neck?
Artery? Muscle? Is it usually that big on non-athletes?

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39889 on: August 15, 2022, 07:19:04 pm »
Sky arranging United's post-Ferguson signings into a traffic light system and it's all over the place. What is Maguire doing in amber? :lmao

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39890 on: August 15, 2022, 07:29:51 pm »
They've sorted all this now. They have a "Think tank" of which Fergie is part.  ;D

He will be part of a ‘think-tank’ which also includes ex-CEO David Gill, former captain Bryan Robson and director John Murtough.

This position is said to give Ferguson ‘more influence at Old Trafford than at any time since he stepped down as manager’.

There will be ‘regular meetings’ and they all will ‘advise on a wide range of issues’. This includes the redevelopment of their Carrington training ground.

That's a problem in itself...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39891 on: August 15, 2022, 07:35:35 pm »
It isn't just Darwin and the Man City bloke. It's the likes of Calvert-Lewin, Awoniyi, Bamford, Watkins, Antonio, Kane etc. They are players of varying quality but all of them are mobile, aggressive, and technically pretty good as well as tall and dangerous in the air. This is a tough league for a centre back to play in. And it's pretty relentless. You can be sure that Martinez has never been asked to play against opponents like this - and certainly not week after week.

I'm sorry to say that he won't be playing against Liverpool - certainly not at centre back.

Harry Maguire will though....
This is the thing. It's not just that the league is full of big units, that's always been the case. But they're not just great big shire horses any more, every one of those you mentioned has got quality. He's going to get mauled week in week out.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39892 on: August 15, 2022, 07:41:40 pm »
Sky arranging United's post-Ferguson signings into a traffic light system and it's all over the place. What is Maguire doing in amber? :lmao

Fellaini was a better player for them than refrigerator head.

Offline Dr_Evil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39893 on: August 15, 2022, 07:46:39 pm »
Neville saying if United was a school, they’d be put in ‘Special Circumstances’. In this superb insight, the players are the children. It’s not the teachers fault, or the headmaster’s…so it must be….ahh fuck it, it’s the Glazers’ fault. I got lost in this allegory
Holy fuck lads I got family home. My computer isn't at a hidden place in the house. They saw the penis.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39894 on: August 15, 2022, 07:47:18 pm »

But that is a great photo. What is that bulging pipe thing on the side of his neck?
That thing is massive. Explains why he was able to compete on the pitch, despite his lack of athleticism. Lots of blood and airflow to every part of the body.
Explains why he made such daft decisions in life as well I suppose. Lots of air to the brain...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:49:37 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #39895 on: August 15, 2022, 07:48:32 pm »

So green is great and red shite?

Two great signings in what’s ten years?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #39896 on: August 15, 2022, 07:49:47 pm »
Neville saying if United was a school, they’d be put in ‘Special Circumstances’. In this superb insight, the players are the children. It’s not the teachers fault, or the headmaster’s…so it must be….ahh fuck it, it’s the Glazers’ fault. I got lost in this allegory

The Glazers are the Board of Governors. They appoint the Head Teacher.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39897 on: August 15, 2022, 07:50:02 pm »

PURPLE.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39898 on: August 15, 2022, 07:50:48 pm »
So green is great and red shite?

Two great signings in what’s ten years?
Huh? What are you guys seeing? I see names in white... with a blue and dark-blue background?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39899 on: August 15, 2022, 07:59:56 pm »
I'm seeing that Goldbridge is saying that the (non existent) De Jong deal is off. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #39900 on: August 15, 2022, 08:01:08 pm »
Huh? What are you guys seeing? I see names in white... with a blue and dark-blue background?
Amber Heard about the red and the green and shit the bed.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #39901 on: August 15, 2022, 08:28:01 pm »

Shaw, Matic and Fred also look out of place in that bracket, unless Sky were just being kind. Maybe the others were so shit it's elevated them to simply 'less shit'. Mata would also surely be Amber, despite their stupid decision to keep him long past his sell by date.

As for the red list - that must be the worst (and most expensive) run of transfer flops in football history. Absolutely shocking recruitment, and so many players that went downhill at Utd (and some that got better again when they left). I think the technical term for this sort of club management is a 'shitshow'.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:44:18 pm by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39902 on: August 15, 2022, 09:01:10 pm »

It's not even called 'Special Circumstances'. Tit.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #39903 on: August 15, 2022, 10:24:14 pm »
Passarella was 5'8"...

very nice call, brownie points for that blast from the past, another of those small players that had a great leap on him (cannavaro will always come to mind with that but even looking at our thaigo, dude can jump, they're out there) and an elite defender with a prowess for scoring

still, they're rare beasts at the top level and linking the kind of names we have to that role/stature demonstrates just how much a short CB is disadvantaged

it's almost like citing Filippo Inzaghi as the model striker  ;D outside the box the dude could hardly play football, inside it he was lethal in having a knack for getting the ball over the line somehow

butch wilkins comms that always stuck in my head about inzaghi 'outside the box he's the worst professional player i've ever seen, inside it he's one of the best'
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:31:42 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #39904 on: August 15, 2022, 10:42:01 pm »
very nice call, brownie points for that blast from the past, another of those small players that had a great leap on him (cannavaro will always come to mind with that but even looking at our thaigo, dude can jump, they're out there) and an elite defender with a prowess for scoring

still, they're rare beasts at the top level and linking the kind of names we have to that role/stature demonstrates just how much a short CB is disadvantaged

it's almost like citing Filippo Inzaghi as the model striker  ;D outside the box the dude could hardly play football, inside it he was lethal in having a knack for getting the ball over the line somehow

butch wilkins comms that always stuck in my head about inzaghi 'outside the box he's the worst professional player i've ever seen, inside it he's one of the best'

Passarella was a nasty dude, too... :D

You're correct, though, notable for his atypicality as far as his height is concerned.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39905 on: August 15, 2022, 10:52:36 pm »

Sternocleidomastoid. Muscle that connects to your clavicle from the base of the skull; and the size of it probably depends on either the size of your head or if you do a lot of exercise involving your head, but it looks relatively the same on everyone.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #39906 on: August 16, 2022, 12:58:26 am »
Passarella was a nasty dude, too... :D

You're correct, though, notable for his atypicality as far as his height is concerned.

Baresi was also 5ft 9 and he's arguably the greatest defender ever. But it's the by the by, because Martinez doesn't have an ounce of the talent or game intelligence that Baresi or Passarella had.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #39907 on: August 16, 2022, 02:36:56 am »

Next thing you know they'll be asking some of their former players to come back and play for them as well ::)

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39908 on: August 16, 2022, 07:50:11 am »
Is anyone else’s mouth watering at the prospect of seeing Darwin go up against maguire next week ?

Err………. That aged well

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #39909 on: August 16, 2022, 08:08:55 am »
Sternocleidomastoid. Muscle that connects to your clavicle from the base of the skull; and the size of it probably depends on either the size of your head or if you do a lot of exercise involving your head, but it looks relatively the same on everyone.
Hey, thanks a lot for that.
I gotta be honest, I don't think I've seen one so prominent as that. I reckon he must've worked it in the gym as a sports person would.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39910 on: August 16, 2022, 09:38:13 am »
https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1559412700416991232

After a shit night we can at least take solace in the fact we’re not owned by the Glazers.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #39911 on: August 16, 2022, 10:21:49 am »

After a shit night we can at least take solace in the fact we’re not owned by the Glazers.

740 million in INTEREST on the debt alone … fucking hell that’s horrendous

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #39912 on: August 16, 2022, 10:21:56 am »

And here's me thinking that the Glazers and the like were in it for the love of their clubs?   ::)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39913 on: August 16, 2022, 10:28:40 am »
What’s the problem, they’ve spent a lot of money, great owners. The glazers aren’t passing the ball to the brentford player like..

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39914 on: August 16, 2022, 10:39:04 am »

Ferguson's legacy  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #39915 on: August 16, 2022, 10:46:32 am »
The numbers really are staggering but just goes to show how much effort they've made to get rid of them previously. Because its not new information is it? Every man and his dog has known they've been saddling them with debt for well over a decade now. But the reality is they've not given a shit, because what they value is success at any cost, or a shiny new toy, or an opportunity to ignore whats right in front of their faces and live the fantasy that they're still successful and still the 'biggest club in the world'. And that's the crux of it. If they went on some fabulous spending spree in the next two weeks, signed Harry Kane, Milinkovic-Savic, Bellingham, Raphael Guerreiro and Wesley Fofana all would be forgiven and they'd be back crowing about how they're going to win the league, and the Glazers could carry on as usual.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39916 on: August 16, 2022, 10:49:34 am »
Their stadium has been falling apart for years, it only became an issue when the team fell apart

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39917 on: August 16, 2022, 11:23:02 am »
Their stadium has been falling apart for years, it only became an issue when the team fell apart
In what way?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39918 on: August 16, 2022, 11:33:59 am »
In what way?

Times I’ve been there it looks like an unfinished building site, heras fencing everywhere, stadium looking old and tired, but they were winning then.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #39919 on: August 16, 2022, 12:00:28 pm »
In what way?
https://worldsportstale.com/soccer/how-the-glazers-have-left-old-trafford-in-decay/

It's been crumbling for years.

To be honest, it's a ground I've never been impressed by.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.