Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3278048 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #39640 on: August 14, 2022, 03:27:02 pm »
The fans still absolutely idolise him, meanwhile he’s desperate to fuck them off and go elsewhere.

He's fulfilling his part of the bargain by rewarding them with idleness
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39641 on: August 14, 2022, 03:38:51 pm »
Neville is a weirdo! Maybe their owners arent great and probably their only fault is not investing in infrastructure at the club. But you cant blame the owners for the disaster on the footballing side, United have the highest net spend of all clubs in the world the last 10 years

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39643 on: August 14, 2022, 03:44:41 pm »
Neville is a weirdo! Maybe their owners arent great and probably their only fault is not investing in infrastructure at the club. But you cant blame the owners for the disaster on the footballing side, United have the highest net spend of all clubs in the world the last 10 years

Of course you can, they are the ones who employed the likes of Woodward and allowed him to make bad decision after bad decision with picking managers and negotiating for players.

They may have made money available to a certain degree, but they have as much to answer for as anyone.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #39644 on: August 14, 2022, 03:47:34 pm »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39645 on: August 14, 2022, 03:48:08 pm »
And they might and could cause an upset. It would bloody our noses but in the bigger scheme of things it won’t rectify their problems. If we score a couple of early goals then they’ll fall apart. It may depend on who scores first.

They could but we really need to be winning.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39646 on: August 14, 2022, 03:48:18 pm »
Of course you can, they are the ones who employed the likes of Woodward and allowed him to make bad decision after bad decision with picking managers and negotiating for players.

They may have made money available to a certain degree, but they have as much to answer for as anyone.

May the Glazers reign over Man Utd forever more.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39647 on: August 14, 2022, 03:55:06 pm »
for all of the cry-arsing about 'the owners' and not having football people in place at the club.... just what does Nev think needs changing in the structure that is in place? a change of personnel maybe?
in reality it's a temper tantrum. they have a new management structure, but they don't seem to have the patience to suffer and see some hard times and wait for it to bear fruit, because It's Manchester United Football Club We Are Talking About

Forgetting Neville, I simply don't understand fans asking, as this poster put it...

"First thing we need answers from the folks in charge of the football structure.".

Like what on earth would any such communication mean to 99.9% of fans? How many of us fans, from football as a whole, have even the slightest clue how a football club is or should be run?

Yeah we can look at things and see they are not working. That's childsplay. How many of us could really and truthful look at their structure and come up with an actual, fit for business, structure and personnel plan that would work going forward. How many of us, if presented with 3 detailed structure and personnel plans, could actually identify the good one from the bad one?

To me this all just reeks of 'pass the buck blame'. They blamed the manager. That got changed and nothing changed. They blamed the players. That got changed and nothing changed. So now they blame the owners for 'the structure'.

As you say, they have a new structure but apparently that is wrong also. Getting back to Neville, I'd like to hear a DETAILED analysis from him about every aspect of this structure, comparing the previous one and this one and him offering a actual plan that is not just filled with buzz words and hot air.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #39648 on: August 14, 2022, 03:58:45 pm »

That's a point of view.

But at no time were there calls not to hire their next manager, who was always going to straighten things out. Not to mention Jose guarantees you win the league.

Same with players brought in. Not one article on the player not being Man Utd quality. As ever, the new players was world class or a young world talent who they'd get years of good play from.

Now that things have gone south, again, it's the owners, the suits at the club, the scouts, not spending enough ( which is laughable), you name it. Excuse after excuse for their players not being up to requirements. No one behind the scenes was responsible for the capitulation-- on the pitch.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39649 on: August 14, 2022, 03:59:25 pm »
https://twitter.com/conorsketches/status/1558521226141859842

Mate, I posted this a while ago and I had the decency to embed it as a youtube video.

This is an example of what's wrong with the forum at the moment. Posters are just half arsed. Back in my day people might have made shit posts, but they at least put full effort in. These days it all feels a bit copy and paste. The isn't GoT or Myspace. This is Red and White Kop.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39650 on: August 14, 2022, 04:01:26 pm »
Mate, I posted this a while ago and I had the decency to embed it as a youtube video.

This is an example of what's wrong with the forum at the moment. Posters are just half arsed. Back in my day people might have made shit posts, but they at least put full effort in. These days it all feels a bit copy and paste. The isn't GoT or Myspace. This is Red and White Kop.

Problem is, there are those who don't read past the last post in a thread. Annoying as that is.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #39651 on: August 14, 2022, 04:05:29 pm »
for all of the cry-arsing about 'the owners' and not having football people in place at the club.... just what does Nev think needs changing in the structure that is in place? a change of personnel maybe?
in reality it's a temper tantrum. they have a new management structure, but they don't seem to have the patience to suffer and see some hard times and wait for it to bear fruit, because It's Manchester United Football Club We Are Talking About

Exactly this, new management system as the old one wasn’t good enough. The staff all refreshed, fans choice of manager. Money offered up to spend for whoever the manager wants. The fans wanted Ten Haag so bad and now he’s started terribly they don’t know what to do but blame the people that have put in £1billion to spend in the last 10 years.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39652 on: August 14, 2022, 04:07:10 pm »
There appears to be a secret tunnel between Nick Cox and Justin Cochrane

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #39653 on: August 14, 2022, 04:12:15 pm »
Ah John Murtough. In FM10 you can hire him as coach for any club wherever you go if you have £20 k per year to give him. 20/20 in youth development. Happy days :D
Linudden.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #39654 on: August 14, 2022, 04:12:48 pm »
There appears to be a secret tunnel between Nick Cox and Justin Cochrane

Yes, it was built by Louis Van Gaal soon after he arrived. The details are here:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314206.msg14628324#msg14628324
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39655 on: August 14, 2022, 04:21:05 pm »

:D

I blame the owners!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39657 on: August 14, 2022, 04:23:13 pm »

;D

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #39658 on: August 14, 2022, 04:31:18 pm »
Shows you how lucky Ferguson was to have so many good young players come through the ranks all at once, I know he headhunted a lot of them from other clubs like Oldham and City etc but he never stopped trying to recruit the best young talent in the country yet never managed to replicate what he did with the class of 92 (or whatever their hype machine calls them). None of his successors have managed it either so there was clearly an element of luck in what happened.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39659 on: August 14, 2022, 04:36:43 pm »
btw...I think Michael Oliver will be our Ref v these.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39660 on: August 14, 2022, 04:40:36 pm »
Their fans and ex-players are lost and I love it. All they know is lauding trophies over others. "Gerrard didn't win the league LOL". He won every other trophy including the European Cup as captain. Ironically, the same people were building trophyless Bruno up. Very classless bunch and it's great that it has caught up with them.

Unlike us, they never learnt how to enjoy the journey which is even more important than the destination. For example, last season was boss for us and we enjoyed every second. They can't relate because, without trinkets, they are nothing.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39661 on: August 14, 2022, 04:41:39 pm »
btw...I think Michael Oliver will be our Ref v these.
They are dogshit and we should batter them regardless of who the ref is or how they play.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39662 on: August 14, 2022, 04:44:47 pm »
Tis dark times we live in when legitimate businessmen (albeit clueless about the product they own) are considered worse owners than ones illegally running their club with the express purpose of sportswashing an autocratic, human rights abusing, undemocratic regime
What's new about that?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39663 on: August 14, 2022, 04:49:36 pm »
We’ve got a fucking Oompah Loompah playing at centre back guys. :D
07:21 - Look at me- I'm looking like fucking Harry Macguire right now, guys! I'm sweating and melting... like a big, oily mess!

:lmao
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:52:57 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39664 on: August 14, 2022, 04:53:18 pm »
Hearing some chat about a fan protest before our game. Wouldn't be surprised to see a pitch invasion if we score early.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39665 on: August 14, 2022, 04:57:38 pm »
Looks like many Utd fans want our game boycotted.  If this happens our club, under no circumstance, should agree to postponement. It’s 3 points and we take the win, end of….

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39666 on: August 14, 2022, 05:03:24 pm »
Hearing some chat about a fan protest before our game. Wouldn't be surprised to see a pitch invasion if we score early.
Just to confirm, it’s very much in their interest to try and get this postponed and extremely convenient that it’s Liverpool up next.   No effing way should the FA or liverpool allow anything other than a match forfeit.  It sets a president for other disgruntled fan bases to sabotage particular games, under the guise “unhappy with the owners”.

Forfeit and extra points taken off them as a penalty.   Which would mean they would be on a minus points total after 3 games 😂

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39667 on: August 14, 2022, 05:05:00 pm »
At this stage they genuinely look like the worst team in the league, even Everton showed some fight in both games they lost.

I can’t believe we bid 35m for Martinez. To be fair it was to play left back with Tierney injured. He may be a decent player, but he has no chance in a back 2.
Eriksen at defensive midfield is another mad one, with Fred in front of him. I love how 10hag seems to have that arrogance of total football will concur all and isn’t prepared to match up with premier league teams who play to your weakness.
I think he's a decent player. The problem is... he is being "protected" and "assisted" by McFred, Slabby, Shaw, and Dalot... The Keystone Kops.
If he had a decent partner, such as a VVD, Matip or a Konate- he'll thrive, and he would be able to play out from the back (of course, he would need a decent nr. 6 and fullbacks, to play with).
If he was at Arsenal or LFC, he would be a completely different player to what we've seen so far- and may even have been re-purposed.

Like I've said countless times before- that team is a Frankenmonster, assembled with parts bought by different managers, Marketing, and ex-players. The profile of player is completely different from each other- their strengths and weaknesses are for different systems.. their mentality differs widely, their character traits differ- as do their tolerance levels, their speed, their physique, strength, reaction speed, ball skills, ability in the air, energy levels, ... and whatever else that should unify them for a certain system, under a certain manager.

Martinez would be a decent player in the right system, but not in something as grotesque as that hideous United side.
It is a truly gruesome, reprehensible specimen. It's got that "United DNA"...
It was arrogant to sign Martinez for his technical ability, and assume that they'd have such control that his shortcomings as a CB won't be an issue. He's not a CB for a team on the back-foot, and they will be on the back foot a lot this season. He might do well at a team like City, Bayern, possibly us, who will control most games.
Yep!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 05:23:36 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39668 on: August 14, 2022, 05:07:16 pm »
Just to confirm, it’s very much in their interest to try and get this postponed and extremely convenient that it’s Liverpool up next.   No effing way should the FA or liverpool allow anything other than a match forfeit.  It sets a president for other disgruntled fan bases to sabotage particular games, under the guise “unhappy with the owners”.

Forfeit and extra points taken off them as a penalty.   Which would mean they would be on a minus points total after 3 games 😂

The FA and LFC should be on this Tuesday after our match. Let their supporters know in no uncertain terms what the consequences will be should there be protests that try to delay the match.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #39669 on: August 14, 2022, 05:08:49 pm »
Looks like many Utd fans want our game boycotted.  If this happens our club, under no circumstance, should agree to postponement. It’s 3 points and we take the win, end of….

They are welcome to boycott the game and leave Old Trafford near empty - and we will go there and twat them anyway!!!

Perfect. The club will look even more in disarray and any foreign players watching the scene will sure think, "Er, nah will give that place a miss ta!"
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39670 on: August 14, 2022, 05:16:01 pm »
The FA has to fine and dock the club points if it's fans get this game postponed a second time. The FA can't say they haven't been warned. Even the dogs on the street know this is a very real possibility.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39671 on: August 14, 2022, 05:21:08 pm »
There's talk he's made them run the distance Brentford covered yesterday in training today as punishment. That would be staggering stupidity if true but also absolutely hilarious.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39672 on: August 14, 2022, 05:23:02 pm »
There's talk he's made them run the distance Brentford covered yesterday in training today as punishment. That would be staggering stupidity if true but also absolutely hilarious.
Running dem laps. They’ve gotten the Dutch Moyes.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39673 on: August 14, 2022, 05:24:36 pm »
He's out of his depth. It just keeps on getting worse for them. Ragnick was worse than Ole and now Ten Hag is worse than Rangnick.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #39674 on: August 14, 2022, 05:26:02 pm »
I wish they'd stop using the most successful club in English football history as a vehicle for their protests against their incredibly lavish owners.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #39675 on: August 14, 2022, 05:27:13 pm »
Frank De Boer Mk2
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39676 on: August 14, 2022, 05:28:54 pm »
Neville asked for fans’ thoughts on the game before the match yesterday, and someone replied “4-0 to Brentford” hahaha. I hope they had a bet on that too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39677 on: August 14, 2022, 05:31:12 pm »

Wow. That’s only going to increase injury risk.  They should be recovering.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39678 on: August 14, 2022, 05:32:19 pm »

We would only have +3 GD from a postponement. I’d rather we play and get the +5.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39679 on: August 14, 2022, 05:34:38 pm »
SPORTbible
@sportbible

AC Milan and Inter Milan have been offered the chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo but both clubs have REJECTED him.

(Via @tancredipalmeri)