Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3277518 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #41080 on: September 16, 2022, 06:37:56 am »
Young Ben Foster retires from football.

Kids these days and their youtube!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41081 on: September 16, 2022, 07:26:28 am »
Just how the fuck is Maguire in national team's squad? Luke Shaw too!

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41082 on: September 16, 2022, 09:00:02 am »
Because the Ingurland selectors are daft.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #41083 on: September 16, 2022, 01:17:01 pm »
Simply because they wear the Manc shirt.

How many times has a footballer suddenly been called up by their country immediately after signing for them? Many times.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41084 on: September 16, 2022, 01:21:13 pm »

Maguire, or "slabhead" to give him his full ingurlund title, scored 12 headers in their almost-victorious 2018 world cup campaign. He's got a lifetime pass for that team. Same with Shaw, who scored the winning goal as the national team lifted the "we nearly won the Euros" trophy last year.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41085 on: September 16, 2022, 01:41:02 pm »
Maguire has generally done well for England.  He's a bit like jolly little Pickers in that the dour England set-up suits him.

I think Southgate will forever pick Maguire and Stones as he's got a bit of a thing about trying to win a tournament off the back of set-pieces.

There's not really a lot of other options either.  I reckon had Gomez not had the Napoli performance he'd have been in with a shout of a call-up despite barely playing for two years.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41086 on: September 16, 2022, 02:00:34 pm »

Always seems to perform well for England so hard to leave them out I'd imagine.

Don't think club form matters so much once your part of an international clique and you play decent every time.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41087 on: September 16, 2022, 02:09:00 pm »
Maguire plays in the centre of a 7 man defence defending his 18 yard line where the Wingbacks never venture past the halfway line, no wonder he looks somewhat capable.

He's still shite and i still read that Top 5 CB's in the World thread at Redcafe, i have that thread saved when i want a good laugh.

Deluded 6 finger mutants.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #41088 on: September 16, 2022, 06:26:36 pm »
I can't keep up. Are these officially 'back' yet, or not?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41089 on: September 16, 2022, 07:14:16 pm »
I can't keep up. Are these officially 'back' yet, or not?
I think they’re approaching a corner but not sure which way they are turning yet.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #41090 on: September 16, 2022, 11:47:10 pm »
Maguire has generally done well for England.  He's a bit like jolly little Pickers in that the dour England set-up suits him.

I think Southgate will forever pick Maguire and Stones as he's got a bit of a thing about trying to win a tournament off the back of set-pieces.

There's not really a lot of other options either. I reckon had Gomez not had the Napoli performance he'd have been in with a shout of a call-up despite barely playing for two years.

Maybe Joe knew what he was doing... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #41093 on: September 19, 2022, 10:15:46 pm »
Just getting used to chasing his own tail, something he'll have to get used to now he's at Man Utd
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41094 on: September 20, 2022, 02:11:07 pm »
Fernandes told The Athletic: “He (Pepe) had some bad games and everyone was saying, ‘he still has to adapt’, but when Bruno was having a bad game, it was just because he was moaning or not focused on the game.

Thats Bruno Fernandes yard stick, to be better than Nicolas Pepe. Still won less than pepe in english football, and he talks about himself in the third person, the prick
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:15:01 pm by The North Bank »

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41095 on: September 20, 2022, 03:14:45 pm »
Fernandes told The Athletic: “He (Pepe) had some bad games and everyone was saying, ‘he still has to adapt’, but when Bruno was having a bad game, it was just because he was moaning or not focused on the game.

Thats Bruno Fernandes yard stick, to be better than Nicolas Pepe. Still won less than pepe in english football, and he talks about himself in the third person, the prick

What a clown.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #41096 on: September 20, 2022, 07:39:08 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41097 on: September 20, 2022, 07:52:51 pm »
Maguire plays in the centre of a 7 man defence defending his 18 yard line where the Wingbacks never venture past the halfway line, no wonder he looks somewhat capable.

He's still shite and i still read that Top 5 CB's in the World thread at Redcafe, i have that thread saved when i want a good laugh.

Deluded 6 finger mutants.

Ridiculous considering they only need three.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41098 on: September 22, 2022, 03:02:06 pm »

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41099 on: September 22, 2022, 03:09:02 pm »
Surprised by the MC/AD numbers there,must be half their fanbase.

Another slight to them by The Cartel surely.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #41100 on: September 22, 2022, 03:24:45 pm »
Mancs and Everton are fighting to escape the stadiums.

Surprised Chelsea aren't up there.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #41101 on: September 22, 2022, 04:04:29 pm »

The Ev still can't make Top 4, I see
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41102 on: September 22, 2022, 05:29:25 pm »

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #41103 on: September 22, 2022, 09:42:51 pm »
Only £25m on sacked managers?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41104 on: September 23, 2022, 09:26:37 am »
All this to go 6 years without a trophy :lmao :lmao :lmao

https://twitter.com/BillyMeredithMU/status/1572968303055831041?s=20&t=4GC4dcrS8SPMrXuBtp-ZVA

I would say that 1 of those stats is probably not true - there is no way that, if City actually told the truth and weren't massive, instutional lying cheats, that United's wage bill would be higher than theirs.  Also very surprised as the only £25m to sack managers, but it will depend on how far that looks back (i.e. is it just ole and Rangnick, or did they still have some payments to Jose from 4 years ago)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41105 on: September 23, 2022, 11:30:19 am »
I would say that 1 of those stats is probably not true - there is no way that, if City actually told the truth and weren't massive, instutional lying cheats, that United's wage bill would be higher than theirs.  Also very surprised as the only £25m to sack managers, but it will depend on how far that looks back (i.e. is it just ole and Rangnick, or did they still have some payments to Jose from 4 years ago)
Rangnick and his coaching staff were there on an interim basis while Ole reached a mutual agreement to terminate his contract.  Ole was the only manager they sacked because Rangnick was a consultant when he left. It only accounts for this season.

Abu Dhabi probably have other payment schemes but their squad is one of the thinnest in the league which would have an effect on their wagebill.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:32:41 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41106 on: September 23, 2022, 06:02:52 pm »
Ronaldo charged by the FA after he assaulted a child. He should see a long time on the sidelines for that.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #41107 on: September 23, 2022, 06:52:14 pm »
They've finally got around to it then, how did it take so long when usually charges seem pretty instant.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41108 on: September 23, 2022, 10:06:57 pm »
They've finally got around to it then, how did it take so long when usually charges seem pretty instant.

If they'd hit him instantly then everyone would ask why they didn't do the same with Richie-la over the smoke bomb incident.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41109 on: September 24, 2022, 01:48:34 pm »

Im assuming they wanted the legal case done and dusted first. He was cautioned last month

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #41110 on: September 25, 2022, 05:19:09 am »
+ Friday, 23 Sep 2022

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association (FA) for smashing a teenage fan's phone to the ground following a defeat at Everton last season.

Ronaldo, 37, apologised to the 14-year-old fan via social media after the incident, which took place after United's 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park in April.

"Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 for an incident that took place after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022," the FA said in a statement.

"It is alleged that the forward's conduct after the final whistle was improper and/or violent."

The boy's mother said he had been left with a bruised hand and that his phone screen had been smashed.

- https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/football/2022/09/23/soccer-ronaldo-charged-with-improper-conduct-after-smashing-fan039s-phone

-- For which the Portuguese was cautioned by Merseyside Police.

==================

I just knew about this news. Come on... I know (and the whole world) that you are rich, millionaire, with big cars, big houses, private jets life and so on...

But to SMASH 14-year-old KID'S PHONE to the ground? The fuck man? Seriously?
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #41111 on: September 25, 2022, 08:21:16 am »
Ronaldo charged by the FA after he assaulted a child. He should see a long time on the sidelines for that.
Nah. He should be made to steward Everton games .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41112 on: September 25, 2022, 09:08:32 am »
Best punishment would be if ten Hag was forced to play him the full 90 in the next half dozen league games. The whole world would see that Ronaldo was the problem all along, which would shatter his gargantuan ego... a little bit.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #41113 on: September 25, 2022, 09:32:02 am »
+ Friday, 23 Sep 2022

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association (FA) for smashing a teenage fan's phone to the ground following a defeat at Everton last season.

Ronaldo, 37, apologised to the 14-year-old fan via social media after the incident, which took place after United's 1-0 defeat at Goodison Park in April.

"Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 for an incident that took place after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022," the FA said in a statement.

"It is alleged that the forward's conduct after the final whistle was improper and/or violent."

The boy's mother said he had been left with a bruised hand and that his phone screen had been smashed.

- https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/football/2022/09/23/soccer-ronaldo-charged-with-improper-conduct-after-smashing-fan039s-phone

-- For which the Portuguese was cautioned by Merseyside Police.

==================

I just knew about this news. Come on... I know (and the whole world) that you are rich, millionaire, with big cars, big houses, private jets life and so on...

But to SMASH 14-year-old KID'S PHONE to the ground? The fuck man? Seriously?
His career is fizzling out and I personally can't wait until he retires, so the circus around him goes away. His decision to rejoin Utd for the so called 'Last dance' hasn't gone to plan, and if he's not careful his swansong will be remembered for petulance, arrogance, and sulking more than his talent.

Meanwhile, Messi is quietly enjoying a mini-revival at PSG and has edged past Ronaldo onto 700 career goals - in 90 less games and being 2 years younger. I've no doubt that'll piss Ronaldo off no end, and Messi's also closing in on his CL goalscoring record, and on track to be above him in every possible footballing metric. It's fitting that going back to Utd might turn out to be one of his big career regrets, and one that cemented Messi as the greatest player ever (which was never in doubt in my view)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 09:33:33 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #41114 on: September 25, 2022, 10:36:52 am »
He’ll probably piss off to America next year and bump up his stats by scoring a bucket load or something

The thought of Messi out scoring him is probably killing him inside

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41115 on: September 25, 2022, 10:56:10 am »
We beat their legends too. Finished club.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 11:20:17 am by MonsLibpool »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #41116 on: September 25, 2022, 12:11:26 pm »
He’ll probably piss off to America next year and bump up his stats by scoring a bucket load or something

Messi has 788 career goals, including goals for Argentina (excluding underage level), Ronaldo has 816 including internationals and is apparently the all-time leading goalscorer in football. As you say, Messi is now one ahead at club level. You could argue that Ronaldo is still 'ahead' as all 699 club goals have come in a first division, while Messi scored 11 of his goals in Spain's lower leagues.

I think he will go to Qatar as it is way easier score goals there, he'll get silly money, and can probably play for another 3-4 years. Baghdad Bounedjah has managed 131 in 121 league games there for heaven's sake!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 12:13:21 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41117 on: September 25, 2022, 12:23:29 pm »
Messi has 788 career goals, including goals for Argentina (excluding underage level), Ronaldo has 816 including internationals and is apparently the all-time leading goalscorer in football. As you say, Messi is now one ahead at club level. You could argue that Ronaldo is still 'ahead' as all 699 club goals have come in a first division, while Messi scored 11 of his goals in Spain's lower leagues.

I think he will go to Qatar as it is way easier score goals there, he'll get silly money, and can probably play for another 3-4 years. Baghdad Bounedjah has managed 131 in 121 league games there for heaven's sake!
His ego makes him think he should be playing for a CL club. I remember him having a pop at Xavi in 2016 or  2017 by saying that he was in Qatar. Ronaldo added that he wanted to continue playing at the highest level.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #41118 on: September 25, 2022, 05:01:16 pm »
His ego makes him think he should be playing for a CL club. I remember him having a pop at Xavi in 2016 or  2017 by saying that he was in Qatar. Ronaldo added that he wanted to continue playing at the highest level.
That was then, this is now. He can play in the Asian Champions League with Al-Sadd.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41119 on: September 25, 2022, 05:17:07 pm »

Doubt he'll go to America considering his ehm criminal past there.