Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 123928 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
We are a team of one half.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #562 on: January 26, 2022, 04:45:05 pm »
Disgusting.Hope you get it back. RT'd it

oh its not mine mate, I was just sharing to help out
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2022, 10:08:17 am »
Friend sent me a link from Merseyside police today, describing an attack on two boys at night in Sefton Park. Apparently a gang of masked men attacked them, stabbed one and stole a bike.

Now whether the police only have the word of these two lads on what happened or there are other witnesses I can't say.  Clearly a stabbing and theft is terrible, even though the incident sounds... embellished, shall we say? 

I hope the attackers, whoever they are, are swiftly dealt with. I've often cut through Sefton Park at night, and reports like this are freaking scary.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #564 on: March 20, 2022, 12:59:45 am »
Massive wildfire on the marshes at Parkgate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60809416
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 01:03:20 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: March 20, 2022, 08:12:07 am »
Massive wildfire on the marshes at Parkgate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60809416

Just been reading about that mate.  What bastards if it has been started deliberately!

All those ground nesting birds 😔

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #566 on: March 29, 2022, 08:26:03 am »
How come it seems every week a pedo walks free from court. All you see in the echo is judges letting them off.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #567 on: March 29, 2022, 09:41:29 am »
How come it seems every week a pedo walks free from court. All you see in the echo is judges letting them off.

The first bolded bit is answered by the second  ;)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #568 on: March 31, 2022, 09:51:51 pm »
Anti vax freak sought by police after super gluing locks on a vaccine centre;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60942021

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: April 3, 2022, 01:01:48 pm »
Not really news, but I noticed that they've completely demolished the old TJs building on London Road. I realise that it was a bit of hodge-podge of several buildings thrown together, but it's still a bit of a shame.  Once of the buildings was rather old and nice looking, so I was kind of hoping the rest of the complex could have been dismantled and that part retained. I guess it just wasn't practical though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 3, 2022, 02:49:30 pm »
Not really news, but I noticed that they've completely demolished the old TJs building on London Road. I realise that it was a bit of hodge-podge of several buildings thrown together, but it's still a bit of a shame.  Once of the buildings was rather old and nice looking, so I was kind of hoping the rest of the complex could have been dismantled and that part retained. I guess it just wasn't practical though.

Shame to see another building from my childhood gone. I've not had a proper look around town for years, I doubt I'd recognise it now.

My Dad took me there to the restaurant for my dinner the day of my first game. We went to Anfield early, got tickets for the Main Stand (Block M) and then we went into town to eat.

Liverpool 3-1 Birmingham City (Toshack 3) 29.03.1975
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: April 3, 2022, 04:59:16 pm »
Shame to see another building from my childhood gone. I've not had a proper look around town for years, I doubt I'd recognise it now.

My Dad took me there to the restaurant for my dinner the day of my first game. We went to Anfield early, got tickets for the Main Stand (Block M) and then we went into town to eat.

Lovely story that, Rob. My dad couldn't afford to take us the match; we grew up in poverty pretty much. Then again, he was a Blue so it was probably good that we didn't 😁

Went to the cafe and restaurant many times with my mum when I was a kid though. Felt really classy.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: April 3, 2022, 08:37:52 pm »

First meal my dad took me to was the Kong Nam in Lord Street.

Not match related though.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: April 3, 2022, 09:35:58 pm »
First meal my dad took me to was the Kong Nam in Lord Street.

Not match related though.

Never went in there.

When we went out, which wasn't that often, we used to either go the Berni overlooking the Mersey at the Pier Head, the Golden Phoenix or into China Town.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: April 3, 2022, 10:24:22 pm »
Never went in there.

When we went out, which wasn't that often, we used to either go the Berni overlooking the Mersey at the Pier Head, the Golden Phoenix or into China Town.

A couple of years later it would be the Pen and Wig, the Croc, then the Why Not and the Kong Nam for a meal and an after hours drink.

Then the last 86 home. If we were flush we’d miss the bus and go to the Victoriana or Mardi.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: June 7, 2022, 10:06:23 pm »
Apparently there's talk of a WW2 bomb being found in Greenbank Park.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #576 on: June 8, 2022, 04:44:23 pm »
Apparently there's talk of a WW2 bomb being found in Greenbank Park.

I was doing some deliveries last night (second job: Tory Britain in 2022, though I'm somewhat grateful to be able to I suppose). It was wild out...

Police around Greenbank Park (later carrying out a controlled detonation), police cars on both Smithdown Road and Price Alfred Road, and a heavy police presence, road closure, and hovering helicopter following a shooting on/near Mill Lane.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: June 8, 2022, 06:44:22 pm »
I was doing some deliveries last night (second job: Tory Britain in 2022, though I'm somewhat grateful to be able to I suppose). It was wild out...

Police around Greenbank Park (later carrying out a controlled detonation), police cars on both Smithdown Road and Price Alfred Road, and a heavy police presence, road closure, and hovering helicopter following a shooting on/near Mill Lane.

Yeah, I saw that when I went to check the Echo website about the bomb. Couldn't find that on their site though.

I have a friend who lives close to Smithdown. She said a guy found the bomb when he bent down to pick up his dropped glasses. Based on what she said I think it was an incendiary device of some sort.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: July 1, 2022, 12:04:36 pm »
How much more incompetent can the Council get?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-62000882

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: July 1, 2022, 01:29:43 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: July 1, 2022, 09:38:31 pm »
They can always go lower.
The next Government Commissioners report will probably suggest it has unfortunately mate, there's already leaks. But beyond that hopefully we'll all see a tangible improvement journey and the council will get itself into a better place despite - and this must not be forgotten - gruelling and societal damaging ongoing government cuts.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: July 2, 2022, 01:32:50 pm »
The next Government Commissioners report will probably suggest it has unfortunately mate, there's already leaks. But beyond that hopefully we'll all see a tangible improvement journey and the council will get itself into a better place despite - and this must not be forgotten - gruelling and societal damaging ongoing government cuts.

Wouldn't surprise me if the government just dissolved LCC altogether at some point and just lumped us in with Greater Manchester.  :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #582 on: July 27, 2022, 06:34:47 pm »
Any ideas why the entire city smells like literal shit today, lads?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: July 27, 2022, 06:46:49 pm »

I've noticed that too, started a few hours ago. Thought it was one of my neighbours!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #584 on: July 27, 2022, 06:49:13 pm »
I've noticed that too, started a few hours ago. Thought it was one of my neighbours!

Had to go up to Maghull earlier to pick something up and it was even worse there, so as always, it's Sefton's fault.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #585 on: July 27, 2022, 06:51:13 pm »
Might be something to do with that burst water pipe, they’ve only just fixed the other day, maybe?
AHA!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: July 27, 2022, 06:54:27 pm »
Might be something to do with that burst water pipe, they’ve only just fixed the other day, maybe?

It only started today, so maybe another one is burst? Or maybe a water treatment plant has run over.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #587 on: July 27, 2022, 07:02:44 pm »
Ah it's in the Echo now, fingers on the pulse as always.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #588 on: July 27, 2022, 07:44:23 pm »

Probably one of your literal neighbours...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #589 on: July 27, 2022, 07:45:01 pm »
I'm in Litherland just now and can't smell anything nasty. I used to work in Maghull and the farms used to do a lot of muck spreading at times. The smell was quite localised though.

Maybe it's the sewage plant next to Bramley Moore? That often stinks to high heaven.

I was just a mile away from the burst water main at the weekend but didn't notice any odour from it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: July 27, 2022, 08:41:26 pm »

Maybe it's the sewage plant next to Bramley Moore? That often stinks to high heaven.

The one that's been there quite a while, or the one that's in build?

I'm in the south end,  and can still smell it. There's a chemical stink to it too, not really like a sewage plant?

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: July 28, 2022, 10:29:37 am »
No stench in Mossley Hill.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: July 28, 2022, 10:50:28 am »
The Echo are kicking up a stink over the smell, but there is no answer as to what's caused it other than the wild speculation in the comments section.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2022, 12:17:34 pm »
The Echo are kicking up a stink over the smell, but there is no answer as to what's caused it other than the wild speculation in the comments section.

It's not coming from an address near to County Road is it, which is full of shite, & completely stinks the place out. ;)
#Sausages

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #594 on: July 28, 2022, 04:10:30 pm »

Shit or Vinegre?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: July 28, 2022, 11:29:44 pm »
It's not coming from an address near to County Road is it, which is full of shite, & completely stinks the place out. ;)
It could well be.  :D

I was in Lydiate this afternoon and evening and it stank. It definitely smells like muck-spreading to me.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #596 on: July 29, 2022, 12:39:15 am »

Quality journalism at it's best. Read some facebook posts, pick some quotes from them and there's you're story. Fucking hell, if you want to call yourself a journo just ask the local authorities, if they know what causes the stench. It's one phone call or e-mail FFS. Even if you don't get an answer you can still put it into the article to show that you at least tried and aren't a lazy twat...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: July 29, 2022, 08:55:38 am »
Quality journalism at it's best. Read some facebook posts, pick some quotes from them and there's you're story. Fucking hell, if you want to call yourself a journo just ask the local authorities, if they know what causes the stench. It's one phone call or e-mail FFS. Even if you don't get an answer you can still put it into the article to show that you at least tried and aren't a lazy twat...

The Echo website is absolutely dire. Dreadful.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: July 29, 2022, 11:35:04 am »
Agreed about the Echo website. It's appalling.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: July 29, 2022, 11:39:58 am »
Yes, they did an entire article simply reposting speculation from the comments section from their original story.

I also wish they'd read before posting too. The spelling is often wrong. I'm no English expert myself, but I'm just some clown on the internet. They are professional writers.