Author Topic: Liverpool news thread  (Read 123786 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool news thread
« Reply #440 on: March 17, 2021, 10:00:20 pm »
Is that still there? Remember going there with my Grandad when I was about 10 for a carvery. What about Don Luigi? :D

Nice one Jersey, regards to Jurgen.

Yes the Bay Horse is still there. If you went in between 1987 and about 1992 our kid probably cooked your food. Don Luigi is still there as far as I know.

There is a greek I've been told to go to, intend to give that a try when we are allowed out again.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #441 on: March 17, 2021, 10:45:12 pm »
Yes the Bay Horse is still there. If you went in between 1987 and about 1992 our kid probably cooked your food. Don Luigi is still there as far as I know.

There is a greek I've been told to go to, intend to give that a try when we are allowed out again.

Haha it would have been in that time frame I reckon. Who do I complain to?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: March 21, 2021, 01:36:09 pm »
https://news.sky.com/story/government-poised-to-take-over-city-of-liverpool-after-corruption-claims-12252322

Anderson suing the police?  Fucking hell. :lmao

Irony of ironies that Liverpool could end up with the Tories in charge after all!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #444 on: March 21, 2021, 02:31:03 pm »
I’ve just moved to Formby from West Yorkshire.

It’s probably technically not Liverpool and it’s not really news, but after 34 years I finally have an L postcode ;D

Although i've been through Formby millions of times i've never been to Formby Point[i see it everytime i go to my local shore], one of those things to visit when lockdown is over
#Sausages

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #445 on: March 21, 2021, 04:21:46 pm »
Anderson suing the police?  Fucking hell. :lmao

Irony of ironies that Liverpool could end up with the Tories in charge after all!

Whatapp circular special..

"Rumour

Bramley Moore off for the foreseeable. Jenrick won’t approve it. That Operation Aloft investigation by police have been working with UNESCO in the background and uncovered further evidence of corruption. Joe Anderson and the stadium director Colin Chong both implicated. Expected to be re-arrested this week and Jenrick has ordered the govt to step in because it goes right to the top."

Most likely the revenge attack for the Klopp circulars sent out recently.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: March 21, 2021, 05:10:22 pm »
Well I for one wouldn't be surprised to find out that money changed hands when it came to demolishing the Futurist.

As for suing the police, Joe "Do you know who I am!?" Anderson always was a bit of a bully by all accounts (allegedly).

Popcorn's Art

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2021, 10:18:44 pm »
Festival Gardens, Pall Mall, the flyovers, New Chinatown

Could be any, if not all of these.

A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #448 on: March 21, 2021, 10:40:17 pm »

What's the problem here? I now about the others.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: March 22, 2021, 10:29:35 am »

The new China town was scandalous. Tbf there's probably an element of it in may projects. I hope it all comes out but it could be damaging for the city and it's development. Having said that, there's some really poor stuff getting thrown up with overseas money, not much gets put back into the local economy at all.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2021, 10:22:08 am »
Very important news:

The Leather Shop is back open.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2021, 10:38:41 am »
^ the smell - love it  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2021, 10:41:25 am »
Liverpool kinksters silently rejoice behind their new leather gimp masks.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2021, 10:58:48 am »
St John's seems to be stuck in a 1970s time warp. I was there a couple of years ago and they had one shop with a special section for First Communions.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2021, 11:03:46 am »

I have genuinely never been in there, but I'm assuming there's a secret password you tell the entity that lurks within its walls and the entity will then open a secret entrance to a room filled with things that will haunt your every waking moment?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2021, 01:46:50 pm »
I remember that place back when it was the computer store Bits and Bytes.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #456 on: April 14, 2021, 02:39:44 pm »
I remember that place back when it was the computer store Bits and Bytes.  ;D

ha ha - great name
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #457 on: April 14, 2021, 04:49:09 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: April 14, 2021, 04:55:12 pm »
Very important news:

The Leather Shop is back open.

Is that the one in Central? I bought an ex a full length leather coat from there about 20 years ago.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #459 on: April 14, 2021, 05:21:57 pm »
Is that the one in Central? I bought an ex a full length leather coat from there about 20 years ago.

Alright Neo.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: April 14, 2021, 05:56:13 pm »
It is.

Nice mac, by the way.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2021, 06:02:51 pm »
I always wanted a long leather coat, but I'm a short arse so don't really think it would work for me.

Popcorn's Art

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 21, 2021, 01:47:41 pm »
Looks like the old Abbey cinema in Wavertree has been saved from demolition, Historic England have listed it grade II so it cannot be knocked down to make way for a new single story bland Lidl.

No comment from Lidl yet but these companies normally get their way in Liverpool as they greatly exaggerate the number of jobs created and the council normally fold.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wavertree-picture-palace-set-demolished-20432315

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #463 on: April 21, 2021, 01:50:15 pm »
Looks like the old Abbey cinema in Wavertree has been saved from demolition, Historic England have listed it grade II so it cannot be knocked down to make way for a new single story bland Lidl.

No comment from Lidl yet but these companies normally get their way in Liverpool as they greatly exaggerate the number of jobs created and the council normally fold.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wavertree-picture-palace-set-demolished-20432315

awe i love lidl  :wave

...that's great news  ;)

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: April 21, 2021, 06:54:30 pm »
Don't you just HATE that phrase, "beyond economic repair"?

That's politi-speak for "Yeah, we can salvage it, but there's no money in it for us to do so."

Seen too many of these lovely old cinemas bite the the dust in Liverpool over the past 10 years, Old Swan, Green Lane, Lime Street.  Goodness knows how long the one at the bottom of Park Road has left. Nice to see one saved.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: May 10, 2021, 02:28:08 pm »
Feels like the city has gone a bit mad lately. All I’m seeing is videos of people fighting, shootings and stabbing.

I was even on the train into work at 8 this morning and this lad was looking for a scrap on the train fronting another lad for no reason. Something in the air these days.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #466 on: May 10, 2021, 06:32:58 pm »
Feels like the city has gone a bit mad lately. All I’m seeing is videos of people fighting, shootings and stabbing.

I was even on the train into work at 8 this morning and this lad was looking for a scrap on the train fronting another lad for no reason. Something in the air these days.
Same at my bus stop on Sat.I was glad to get off but the fella was so wound up about another lad at the stop. Felt for the driver to be honest but he drove off ok after a bit
We are a team of one half.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: May 10, 2021, 08:58:15 pm »
There are some right fucking animals out there.  :wanker

Popcorn's Art

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #469 on: May 10, 2021, 09:30:43 pm »
There are some right fucking animals out there.  :wanker
Animals are not that vile. I'd love to give them a taste of their own medicine  :no
We are a team of one half.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: June 9, 2021, 06:37:16 am »
Did anyone who lives in South Liverpool see short block of light hitting the clouds (or coming from above the clouds) in a circular motion last night at 11.45.
It would last for about 2 seconds but occur every 5 seconds?

I'd say it was from above Tesco Allerton, maybe more towards Mossley Hill.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #471 on: June 9, 2021, 07:16:42 am »
Did anyone who lives in South Liverpool see short block of light hitting the clouds (or coming from above the clouds) in a circular motion last night at 11.45.

Didn’t see that but around 10pm there was a lot of police activity  round there on Greenhill rd , helicopter was out for a while and a few unmarked cars and at least 4 or 5 squad cars .
Maybe it was an alien invasion ?

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: June 9, 2021, 11:04:21 pm »

It was from the cruise ship that was docked last night, supposedly  ???

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #473 on: June 10, 2021, 08:10:11 am »
Read the other day a story that 20-odd scallies stormed a bus in Sir Thomas Street and battered two lads with a hammer, knocking over old ladies and people as they went. The Echo as usual sensationalised everything, 'blood', 'hammer to head', 'screaming' all that carry on, but at the end the police statement said one person was treated for a swollen lip!!

Someone commented saying the city has gone to the dogs, its lawless, but some other fella said this has been going on for years and that buses/passengers were frequently attacked in the 70s and 80s after the match, it just wasn't reported then.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #474 on: June 10, 2021, 10:31:19 am »
It was from the cruise ship that was docked last night, supposedly  ???

Yeah it was. Could see the ship from my apartment and the lights were going for quite a while (along with loud music).

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #475 on: June 10, 2021, 10:39:22 am »

Didn’t see that but around 10pm there was a lot of police activity  round there on Greenhill rd , helicopter was out for a while and a few unmarked cars and at least 4 or 5 squad cars .
Maybe it was an alien invasion ?

That tickled me  ;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: June 10, 2021, 01:04:28 pm »
According to the Echo, (no i'm not linking to that god awful site), the company that does the major roadwork schemes in the City, has  gone into administration, leaving several large roadwork projects only half done, and unfinished.

The Council has withdrawn their contract, apparently.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #477 on: June 10, 2021, 01:31:53 pm »
"The four existing schemes that the council has terminated contracts include work in north Liverpool on the A59 (County Road) and Walton Lane as well as schemes in Kingsley Road in Toxteth and Byrom Street in the city centre."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: June 10, 2021, 02:31:22 pm »
Read the other day a story that 20-odd scallies stormed a bus in Sir Thomas Street and battered two lads with a hammer, knocking over old ladies and people as they went. The Echo as usual sensationalised everything, 'blood', 'hammer to head', 'screaming' all that carry on, but at the end the police statement said one person was treated for a swollen lip!!

Someone commented saying the city has gone to the dogs, its lawless, but some other fella said this has been going on for years and that buses/passengers were frequently attacked in the 70s and 80s after the match, it just wasn't reported then.

My dad drove for LiverLine in the 90's and told me there was always grief on the buses, his best was when armed police stormed his bus in town and dragged a fella down the the stairs, he was kicking and fighting, coppers were wellying him and he was shouting and threatening to kill my Dad next time he saw him, said he grassed him to the bizzies. ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: June 10, 2021, 06:18:39 pm »

I read that too. I was expecting attempted murder charges going by the way the story was framed by the Manc Echo, but it appears the 'hammer' only managed to cause a swollen lip. Honestly, the Echo have totally lost the plot in recent years. It's no more than a localish tabloid now. Their website is appalling too.

The buses have always been dodgy. I know a driver who quit decades ago due to the violence. He was dragged out of his seat and had his head kicked in at Mann Island. It pretty much left him with PTSD.

I remember going into town on Saturday nights in the 80s, and that could be dodgy. I remember one night a gang got on in Kirkdale and walked straight past the driver without paying then went upstairs. There was all kinds of noise going on, then they kicked the windows in before all piling off at Juvenal Street. The driver just kept his head down.

A couple of years ago I was at Sir Thomas street waiting for a bus and some fella was there being really aggressive and terrifying a group of girls so much that they were going to not get on the bus because the fella was also boarding. It was night and it was dark, so I said to them to get on and I'd make sure they got home ok and I'd knock the twat out if he started on them on the bus. Anyway, it was fine and they got home ok, but it's pretty dodgy out there on public transport at times. The same could be said of travelling the Northern Line on Merseyrail, especially in summer when the loons were travelling to Formby. I've seen absolute mayhem on the train back in the day.