Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603585 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7320 on: June 27, 2020, 11:27:08 am »
Top class guy and he's a Liverpool fan which makes him even more likeable
Exactly, him and Pop are perfect coaches and humans imo.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7321 on: June 27, 2020, 11:47:04 am »
Exactly, him and Pop are perfect coaches and humans imo.
Have to admit I got really emotional watching that piece about his dad during the last dance and defeintly shead a tear while watching it.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7322 on: June 27, 2020, 01:23:07 pm »
NBA is back July 30th

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7323 on: June 28, 2020, 12:26:09 pm »
On episode 4 of The Last Dance. Superb stuff.

Dennis Rodman is boss.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7324 on: July 14, 2020, 09:58:11 pm »
Have to admit I got really emotional watching that piece about his dad during the last dance and defeintly shead a tear while watching it.
I didn't have any idea about that story until I watched the Last Dance. Really heartbreaking stuff. After seeing, it made perfect sense as Kerr always voices his opinion in politics and inequalities and talks sense.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7325 on: July 25, 2020, 06:29:46 pm »
A 5 year deal for Thibs with the Knicks, per the unsuspended Woj.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7326 on: July 25, 2020, 07:05:21 pm »
I can't believe how inept Knicks are, this will only end in tears. They keep giving 5 years deals recently and no coach sees the 2nd half of that deal. I won't be surprised if they give 10-15m a year. Thibs has been living by his reputation since he left the Bulls and he actually did such last 2 years in Bulls. His Wolves tenure was totally pathetic too but i suppose Knicks thought he is the best coach to start fresh ::)

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7327 on: July 25, 2020, 08:58:04 pm »
Prime Derrick Rose is one of my favourite players of all time and I will always blame Thibs for what ended up happening to his career.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7328 on: July 25, 2020, 09:14:48 pm »
Prime Derrick Rose is one of my favourite players of all time and I will always blame Thibs for what ended up happening to his career.
yeah so stupid that he kept him in garbage time. Same with Timberwolves, they didn't like his handling of young players and pushing them to 40+ mins every game.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7329 on: July 25, 2020, 11:15:57 pm »

Really?
Great, is one of the better coaches out there. Will get the team fighting her, defensively on tune, and will overplay the best players.
Much better choice than I thought we'd make!
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7330 on: July 25, 2020, 11:25:34 pm »
yeah so stupid that he kept him in garbage time.
Yeah it was extremely stupid as if Rose had stayed healthy I actually had the Bulls winning the title in 2012

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7331 on: July 25, 2020, 11:26:56 pm »
Really?
Great, is one of the better coaches out there. Will get the team fighting her, defensively on tune, and will overplay the best players.
Much better choice than I thought we'd make!
Can see where you coming from as that was what the Knicks used to be in the Riley and Van Gundy days but this isn't the 90's anymore and for me Thibs style of coaching is outdated for the modern NBA.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7332 on: July 26, 2020, 03:32:50 am »
Lou Williams left the NBA Bubble to attend a funeral. Then he caught going to a strip club in Georgia
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29538441/nba-probes-clippers-lou-williams-actions-away-bubble?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7333 on: July 26, 2020, 05:46:55 am »
Lou Williams left the NBA Bubble to attend a funeral. Then he caught going to a strip club in Georgia
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29538441/nba-probes-clippers-lou-williams-actions-away-bubble?
selfish and irresponsible on him, especially given how covid-19 case numbers have jumped last few days. Makes you wonder how many nba players had valid reasons last few days, i see a lot of players being excused for "family emergency".

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #7334 on: July 26, 2020, 03:52:11 pm »
Am I the only that thinks that bubble experiment is gonna be a total mess? You have that big oaf Dwight Howard not wearing masks, Lou Williams going for strippers and there have been other people breaking protocol. I just think American sportsmen are too selfish and entitled for this to work. Hopefully, I'm wrong. 

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7335 on: July 26, 2020, 07:45:32 pm »
Am I the only that thinks that bubble experiment is gonna be a total mess? You have that big oaf Dwight Howard not wearing masks, Lou Williams going for strippers and there have been other people breaking protocol. I just think American sportsmen are too selfish and entitled for this to work. Hopefully, I'm wrong. 

Plus, there were already reports that Disney might have considered booting teams out of their hotels if business at the resorts increased. That seems unlikely now as Florida isn't getting COVID under control 

The Bundesliga seems to have been the only major sports league that got the bubble right, albeit it was for a shorter time period. MLB players rejected a bubble and Blue Jays players were against being holed up in the SkyDome's in-stadium hotel before the Canadian federal government scrapped the idea of them travelling back and forth entirely

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #7336 on: July 27, 2020, 03:12:38 pm »
Plus, there were already reports that Disney might have considered booting teams out of their hotels if business at the resorts increased. That seems unlikely now as Florida isn't getting COVID under control 

The Bundesliga seems to have been the only major sports league that got the bubble right, albeit it was for a shorter time period. MLB players rejected a bubble and Blue Jays players were against being holed up in the SkyDome's in-stadium hotel before the Canadian federal government scrapped the idea of them travelling back and forth entirely
Yeah, it seems like the bubble will burst pretty quickly. Don't know what alternatives they have though, kick out the players that break protocol, fine them?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7337 on: July 27, 2020, 07:14:52 pm »
do you know how many strippers bring food to table of their families by that move though?

Online lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7338 on: July 31, 2020, 09:17:28 am »
LBJ (Insert Kawhi Leondard Laugh)  :wave

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7339 on: July 31, 2020, 04:03:09 pm »
Who's everyone's pick for the finals

Start of the season I had it being Bucks Vs Clippers with the Clippers winning but now I'm going for a Bucks vs Lakers finals with the Bucks winning.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7340 on: July 31, 2020, 04:20:56 pm »

The bubble has been an awesome success story so far, there's been little to indicate that it's going to be a total mess.

Also unsure of why you think American sportsmen are more selfish than other sportsmen.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7341 on: July 31, 2020, 04:27:17 pm »
Don't think that has anything to do with nationality. see Kyle Walker for instance.

In any case, I think Clippers with Lou Williams beat the Lakers.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7342 on: July 31, 2020, 04:34:24 pm »
I didn't watch the games yesterday, so how was it? Did it feel good to see basketball after a while or felt totally weird without fans like summer camps?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7343 on: July 31, 2020, 04:36:15 pm »
I didn't watch the games yesterday, so how was it? Did it feel good to see basketball after a while or felt totally weird without fans like summer camps?

Fans never imo impact how I watch NBA games. The atmosphere is never a factor bar some sides like Warriors of the past [now had this been the Euroleague, that's different].

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7344 on: July 31, 2020, 04:39:02 pm »
Thought it was crap, but I'm pretty much an atmosphere over quality type which is why I'll happily watch an Argie 0-0 at stupid o'clock. Was great to see Shaq, Ernie etc but the no noise and webcam cheering ain't really for me.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7345 on: July 31, 2020, 04:43:16 pm »
Fans never imo impact how I watch NBA games. The atmosphere is never a factor bar some sides like Warriors of the past [now had this been the Euroleague, that's different].

Surprised to hear that, it's quite the opposite for me, even though American fans in average is not that noisy.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7346 on: July 31, 2020, 07:42:33 pm »
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 07:45:02 pm by elsewhere »

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7347 on: July 31, 2020, 08:10:40 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7348 on: August 1, 2020, 11:12:47 am »
Saw a few games last night but I wish I've seen the rockets-mavs one. Porzingis has been playing like the real deal since the 2nd half of the season, too bad they've lost though.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7349 on: August 2, 2020, 07:44:20 am »
Nick Nurse is best coach in the league for me right now. Won the title last season and this season despite losing their star player he's still got them playing like contenders.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7350 on: August 2, 2020, 09:17:13 pm »
Pop was asked about the fitness of Marco Belinelli pre-game. This was his response

He's the best.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2020, 09:21:48 pm by Ray K »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7351 on: August 2, 2020, 09:24:44 pm »
Portland is pathetic ffs

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #7352 on: August 2, 2020, 10:29:02 pm »
Portland is pathetic ffs

Down 24 now back within 1

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7353 on: August 3, 2020, 08:56:01 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7354 on: August 3, 2020, 08:59:09 pm »
Milwaukee Bucks' Mike Budenholzer and Oklahoma City Thunder's Billy Donovan have been voted the National Basketball Coaches Association co-coaches of the year. Raptors coach Nick Nurse came in third and was one vote away from a three-way tie for the award.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7355 on: August 3, 2020, 09:13:50 pm »
Milwaukee Bucks' Mike Budenholzer and Oklahoma City Thunder's Billy Donovan have been voted the National Basketball Coaches Association co-coaches of the year. Raptors coach Nick Nurse came in third and was one vote away from a three-way tie for the award.
Nurse got robbed for me he's done a better job than Budenholzer this season. To have the Raptors playing like contenders after losing their star player is simply incredible.

Donovan deserves it though done a brilliant job with OKC this season everybody had them as a lottery team but they look like a team that could be a dark horse for a deep playoff run.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7356 on: August 3, 2020, 09:24:49 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7357 on: August 3, 2020, 09:27:09 pm »
Nurse got robbed for me he's done a better job than Budenholzer this season. To have the Raptors playing like contenders after losing their star player is simply incredible.

Donovan deserves it though done a brilliant job with OKC this season everybody had them as a lottery team but they look like a team that could be a dark horse for a deep playoff run.
Totally agreed, i think Nurse and Donovan should've shared it instead. This is the coach's association award, not the official one which is voted by media members so expect worse snubs in the official one ;D

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7358 on: August 3, 2020, 09:34:33 pm »
My worst coach of the season Brett Brown can't see him lasting beyond this season at Philly he's taking them nowhere fast.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7359 on: August 3, 2020, 09:41:41 pm »
My worst coach of the season Brett Brown can't see him lasting beyond this season at Philly he's taking them nowhere fast.
Did you see Embiid Milton Shake exchanging words during the game? Something just not right in that team, no chemistry, certainly a lot of groups within the team and noone respecting the coach.