Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Wolves v Liverpool, Molineux KO - 3pm 4th Feb  (Read 11086 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Wolves v Liverpool, Molineux KO - 3pm 4th Feb
« Reply #80 on: February 3, 2023, 06:07:27 pm »
Nick, Although we somehow eventually finished 6th in 1992-93 if we had lost 2-1 at Middlesbrough in March instead of winning 2-1 there we would have only been three points ahead of 'Boro with ten matches left to play. A strong finish to the season meant that we finished fifteen points ahead of them (59 to their relegated 44). The other away win that season apart from Middlesbrough and Arsenal was at Loftus Road against QPR in November.

Nice to see you post kriss! I miss the On this day thread!

QPR away! That was a Monday night game I think. Barnes returning from injury set up a last minute winner for Rosenthal. Can still remembering listening to that in the radio. :D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #81 on: February 3, 2023, 06:54:22 pm »
Yes, deffo less stressful being shit!

As long as we can kick on next season, I can live with this 'blip' I can do without praying City drop points  or banking on shite teams doing us a massive favour.

I'm pretty much laid back about footy these days anyway but this season I'm almost sleep walked through it!

It's nice to not have to stress about City dropping points, with the caveat that it now pisses me off a bit when they do after the last few years.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #82 on: February 3, 2023, 06:58:24 pm »
Going to echo what some others are saying in that I just want to see Nunez start at the 9. Of course I'd take the 3 points over anything else but I'd feel a lot more confident of the teams ability to get them with him out there. We seemingly aren't going to turn into a good defensive team no matter what at this point so why not just go Rodgers 13/14 and damn the torpedoes?

I think the problem we've got is our best two CB's are injured, our midfield are shit and our forward line are injured with us not putting chances away (scoring 1 a game at most lately). That makes a gameplan very difficult.

Once we get our forwards back we may as well just go more 13/14, particularly teams at the bottom end.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #83 on: February 3, 2023, 07:13:46 pm »
Remember the last time we were suffering and losing matches for fun. We were down to Reece and Nat as our two CB's. We just couldn't see how we'd turn it around and fight back to top 4. Lot's of negativity.

Well, we played Wolves and won a scrappy 1-0. We then went on to win 10 in a row.

Hopefully, history repeats itself.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #84 on: February 3, 2023, 08:30:22 pm »
This season has so much resemblance to a few years ago and how I think the low point was Fulham at home but we just kept loosing. Even a derby. But we came through it. The players kept at it and played through it and we finished 3rd. Whilst lightning doesn’t always strike twice there are so many games still to play. Let’s see. Importantly we need to get behind the players.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #85 on: February 3, 2023, 08:45:53 pm »
Wouldn't mind us changing it up a bit here. Maybe play Elliot on the right with Nunez as the 9 and Gakpo on the left, maybe a Bajcetic and Jones in midfield with Thiago or Keita along with them.

Just try a few things out, the way we have been there's not a huge amount to lose here

Last time we benched salah he came on and scored a hatttick. Maybe that’s the kick up the backside he’s needing at present to get back to a decent level.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: February 3, 2023, 08:54:35 pm »
I expect much more of the same as we've seen lately. More compact but ultimately players low on confidence resulting in hesitancy. Let's be honest there isn't a single player playing with confidence, even Alisson has started punching stuff he usually catches.

Hopefully we'll find a way to snatch a win.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: February 3, 2023, 09:58:43 pm »
Take a 0-0 here

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #88 on: February 3, 2023, 11:02:56 pm »
Jürgen's 'post-embargo' presser...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYHdPIITrRc

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 3, 2023, 11:06:11 pm »
Don't care if we play crap, we just need to get scrape some wins until we get a few players back. 🤞

Fancying a captain chaos winner💪👊

« Last Edit: February 3, 2023, 11:07:49 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #90 on: February 3, 2023, 11:37:02 pm »
From Uefa on our CL squad:

Liverpool
In: Stefan Bajcetic*, Cody Gakpo, Kaide Gordon*, Naby Keïta, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rhys Williams*

Out: Luke Chambers, Arthur, Calvin Ramsey
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 4, 2023, 01:46:06 am »
Get lost

But that would entail a 0-1 or some such score line, right?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #93 on: February 4, 2023, 06:37:56 am »
Klopp has said

"Self-pity is not allowed in these moments. We are human beings and we know there are moments when you think: ‘Oh my God, everything is going against me.’ There’s only one person who can change that and it’s yourself. For the player it’s a situation which he will face during a long career. Not only once but probably two or three times. You have to get through this and the players I know, my players, they will go through that and show again how good they are.”

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #94 on: February 4, 2023, 07:15:02 am »
Thanks for that A red abroad. I am feeling more confident today, hope I am proved right and we have a good February!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 4, 2023, 07:54:41 am »
Cheers Duvva,
I think we may well be in an elongated mid season pre-season where we play just Wolves and Brighton over and over again. Groundhog Day. Again. I don't think we were as bad as the recent result against Brighton would have us believe. Assuming we deal with the centre half situation I think we have a good chance of beating Wolves. Score first and second please. A goal for Mo and Nunez and Gakpo. That'll be it.

Hopefully we can nick a point here against Wolves, then its on to Brighton then quickly on to the wolves and Brighton games, looking a bit further ahead im looking at the wolves and brighton games for us to start to get a bit of form back before some tricky fixtures against wolves and brighton.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2023, 07:58:52 am by red1977 »

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #96 on: February 4, 2023, 09:28:53 am »
Thanks for that A red abroad. I am feeling more confident today, hope I am proved right and we have a good February!

:thumbup
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 4, 2023, 10:32:41 am »
We could do with him right now  ;)

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #98 on: February 4, 2023, 10:46:29 am »
Hehe.. EXACT same here! I DID NOT enjoy ANY games post FA Cup semifinal. Each game I was anxious, worried and a general nervous wreck about picking up injuries, suspensions or dropping points. Also I HATED wasting my day following City games. This season, for the majority, I have had to waste 90 minutes per weekend on the Footie. Since the Brighton demolition game, I am just enjoying (or rather intriguingly following) the "evolution" to Klopp 2.0.

For the Wolves game this weekend, I am really looking forward to how Nunez & Gakpo will combine up front for 90 minutes. The result is secondary (at the moment), I just want the new players to start forming long-term understanding on the field. I wish one of Henderson/Fabinho starts in midfield alongside Bajcetic in order to start gaining back form. In defense, I would like to do the same with Gomez, bring him back to form. I would start Matip over Nat Phillips but for selfish reasons. I know Matip will probably be offloaded at the end of this season, and I will miss his adventuring once he is gone. One of the understated highlights of the Quadruple chase was Matip's runs.

I want these guys to start having fun again - and results will follow. I am predicting a boring 1-0, for who? it's honestly a coin flip at the moment.
Yeah. While I want success, certain aspects of the game can be more enjoyable when the pressure is off.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 4, 2023, 10:53:19 am »
Hehe.. EXACT same here! I DID NOT enjoy ANY games post FA Cup semifinal. Each game I was anxious, worried and a general nervous wreck about picking up injuries, suspensions or dropping points. Also I HATED wasting my day following City games. This season, for the majority, I have had to waste 90 minutes per weekend on the Footie. Since the Brighton demolition game, I am just enjoying (or rather intriguingly following) the "evolution" to Klopp 2.0.

If you aren't enjoying that, then you are following the wrong team. I love the pressure, it means we're in the hunt, I hate seasons like this where we're out of 3 competitions, if we don't get past Real, its just chasing a CL spot. Losing hurts, I walked out of Anfield after the Wolves game feeling like I'd been kicked in the guts, but I'd rather that than just be another also ran.

Winning No19 means we've got that monkey off our backs, we've done the set under Jurgen, it should be fun.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline baltic out here

• Would you buy a second hand vinyl off this fella?!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #100 on: February 4, 2023, 10:57:21 am »
Klopp has said

"Self-pity is not allowed in these moments. We are human beings and we know there are moments when you think: ‘Oh my God, everything is going against me.’ There’s only one person who can change that and it’s yourself. For the player it’s a situation which he will face during a long career. Not only once but probably two or three times. You have to get through this and the players I know, my players, they will go through that and show again how good they are.”
Always says the right things. Sometimes things that ring true outside of footy as well :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101 on: February 4, 2023, 10:58:01 am »
We could do with him right now  ;)

I miss those Divock moments.  :-\
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TankEngine10

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: February 4, 2023, 11:06:45 am »
Will be glad to see the back of these games. Theres something about playing Wolves that robs the enjoyment these days. They're not as shit as they were, for one thing.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 4, 2023, 11:08:53 am »
I miss those Divock moments.  :-\

Don't we just

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #104 on: February 4, 2023, 11:15:51 am »
Don't we just

He didn't half get some beauties in the derby as well.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #105 on: February 4, 2023, 11:27:47 am »
0-5.

We’re due to fucking thump someone.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 4, 2023, 11:35:13 am »
Tricky fixture, can't say I'm looking forward to this, but one thing for sure is Nunez and Bajcetic must start.

Would take a scrappy 1-0 over them.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 4, 2023, 11:59:30 am »
Don't we just

That was last season right? Feels like a lifetime ago.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #108 on: February 4, 2023, 12:03:43 pm »
0-5.

We’re due to fucking thump someone.

1-5 maybe more realistic....after going 1-0 down obviously!

Personally I'm going 3-1 to us. Mo 2 and Gakpo
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 4, 2023, 12:44:33 pm »
That was last season right? Feels like a lifetime ago.

Yeah, the last minute winner.

Wish he'd stayed.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 4, 2023, 12:49:30 pm »
Yeah, the last minute winner.

Wish he'd stayed.

Would come in handy next Monday :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: February 4, 2023, 12:50:49 pm »
“Take a 0-0 here”

For Gods sake.

I’m a simple soul.

Just want Players AND Supporters to give their All.

This is how we became the greatest team in the world IMHO.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 4, 2023, 01:17:23 pm »
take a scrappy 0-1.
Wonder if Jones gets a run out..
Personally, with our issues in midfield, I think its time to give him a run of games..
Need good teamwork today, and we'll be ok.

so glad the transfer window is now closed. We can now focus our efforts on winning. (or losing  ;D)
And that transfer forum was a real bast*rd of a thread. Everyone saying same the same thing. Over and over again. Didn't stop me from reading every post though  ;D
« Last Edit: February 4, 2023, 01:33:26 pm by Paul_h »

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #113 on: February 4, 2023, 01:46:20 pm »
Easy win.
Meh...

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 4, 2023, 01:54:15 pm »
Easy win.
Nah, I reckon we’ll at least give them a game.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 4, 2023, 02:01:11 pm »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 4, 2023, 02:01:21 pm »
That team picks itself at this stage
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 4, 2023, 02:01:21 pm »
Hope Nunez plays through middle.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #118 on: February 4, 2023, 02:01:26 pm »
Sounds like same midfield with Nunez back in the front three with Gakpo and Salah. Harvey missed out.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 4, 2023, 02:01:52 pm »