Author Topic: The Klopp Template  (Read 1071163 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: The Klopp Template
« Reply #8720 on: February 5, 2023, 07:16:15 pm »
He definitely thought James Pearce wrote the article Mel Reddy did.

His press officer best be looking for a new job if that’s the case  :P

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8721 on: February 5, 2023, 07:30:35 pm »
I don't even know what you're talking about now but you're hurting my brain. Carry on though :wave

Yeah, saying Mighty Red hasn’t done an interview in forever is applicable to what exactly? Carry on though bro 👍

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8722 on: February 5, 2023, 07:34:10 pm »
That's what you've taken from my post? Blimey. Yeah, it's not true by the way.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #8723 on: February 6, 2023, 11:53:22 am »
Great video on why our press isn’t working

https://youtu.be/fyBQAOmd4Aw

Shows our attacking stats aren’t that different to last season

Has anyone actually watched this? or you gonna carry on talking about journalists in a  completely different thread?

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8724 on: February 6, 2023, 03:00:16 pm »
Has anyone actually watched this? or you gonna carry on talking about journalists in a  completely different thread?

Yes. It’s a lot of the same stats that has been posted around here but just presented better.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8725 on: February 6, 2023, 03:41:22 pm »
Earlier seasons of the two 'stat wheels' shown for 21/22 and 22/23 would have been useful.

There was an interesting contrast towards the end - in terms of the number of 'direct attacks allowed', 21/22 was already worse than previous seasons (but we didn't concede many goals from it - we certainly had lots of discussion on here about 'looking too open', being cut through, conceding chances) and not so different to this season. But our attacking press outcomes have dropped dramatically. So this shows one obvious thing - our press is declining. But did it start - defensively, at least - last season? And/or, as I wondered in this (or another) thread yesterday, have teams across the PL been working on solutions to beating the press with simpler vertical direct play, often starting with (eyeball test) more athletic, direct players in central midfield beating the initial press before releasing the pass? Not so much 'working us out', but reacting to us, and City, and a growing number of teams who press, or try to do so. Have we yet recognised and reacted to that adjustment from opponents, or are we still trying to solve older problems?

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8726 on: February 6, 2023, 03:57:04 pm »
He's a 3 x premier League winner in my eyes now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8727 on: February 21, 2023, 10:17:35 pm »
Would like to see a bit more ruthlessness in Klopps tactics. Change things when it's clear it's not working, sub players early rather than letting the game go beyond you and most likely beyond the point of no return.

Like Rafa, Klopp likes to bring on players at certain times, but today was a perfect opportunity to make changed at half time. I didn't expect to lose 5-2, but sensed we would go on to lose

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8728 on: February 21, 2023, 10:18:54 pm »
We're so open, all the time.  Doesn't matter what the score is, doesn't matter if it's against 10 men Newcastle or Real Madrid, we always give up chances.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #8729 on: February 21, 2023, 10:44:29 pm »
our problem seems to me to be just obvious. Klopp is trying to play with the same system that we have been playing for the past year. only Klopp makes 1 mistake. the players of today are no longer the players of the past. we are so open defensively that it is really unbelievable. I think it's time to temporarily adjust our system to the current level of the players we have now because it's obvious they can't take it anymore.

we were a team that put pressure up front. that doesn't happen anymore. We had press machine up front in Mane Firmino and Salah. mane is gone, firmino is done and salah is not like before.

in midfield we had hard workers and also a press machine. players have grown old, get injured a lot and are not as fit as before

in the back we had a lot of speed which allowed us to play with a high line. that speed is now gone, which makes us so vulnerable.

Change the system

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #8730 on: February 21, 2023, 10:46:07 pm »
The main issue in the Template is the recruitment and coaching staff aren't in sync anymore. The players we're recruiting aren't like for like replacements so either the template needs to change or the recruitment needs to change.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8731 on: February 21, 2023, 10:46:37 pm »
Complete overhaul required.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8732 on: February 21, 2023, 10:47:44 pm »
Struggle to think of a system that fixes this mess instantly.

The personnel is the biggest problem. Get that right, and next season could be a return to previous glory. Get it wrong, or do little to change it, and we’re looking at this season being the norm.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8733 on: February 21, 2023, 10:49:07 pm »
We're so open, all the time.  Doesn't matter what the score is, doesn't matter if it's against 10 men Newcastle or Real Madrid, we always give up chances.

Because our midfielders can't run anymore unfortunately.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8734 on: February 21, 2023, 10:51:26 pm »
our problem seems to me to be just obvious. Klopp is trying to play with the same system that we have been playing for the past year. only Klopp makes 1 mistake. the players of today are no longer the players of the past. we are so open defensively that it is really unbelievable. I think it's time to temporarily adjust our system to the current level of the players we have now because it's obvious they can't take it anymore.

we were a team that put pressure up front. that doesn't happen anymore. We had press machine up front in Mane Firmino and Salah. mane is gone, firmino is done and salah is not like before.

in midfield we had hard workers and also a press machine. players have grown old, get injured a lot and are not as fit as before

in the back we had a lot of speed which allowed us to play with a high line. that speed is now gone, which makes us so vulnerable.

Change the system

We don't play the same way though, or haven't done this season.  Liverpool used to outrun and outpress most, if not all the teams a few season back. But this season, aren't we towards the lowest teams for this. So tactics have changed

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8735 on: February 21, 2023, 10:52:01 pm »
Because our midfielders can't run anymore unfortunately.

That wasn't the issue tonight. Midfield did ok.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8736 on: February 21, 2023, 10:52:58 pm »
We're in need of a complete overhaul. We need at least 3 midfielders and at least 2 CBs. Problem is we most likely don't have the finances to do that. I think we need to forget about Bellingham unfortunately since it's seems he's our primary target. He's going to take half of our budget and that's if we even get him. That's where our recruitment use to be elite. We had all the right people in all the right places and a proven committed process. No we've abandoned that for whatever we have now and are going into our most important transfer window in a very long time.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8737 on: February 21, 2023, 10:53:24 pm »
We couldn’t get anywhere near the ball in the second half. Their fans were ole’ing us from about 60 mins it was that bad.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8738 on: February 21, 2023, 10:53:49 pm »

;D

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #8739 on: February 21, 2023, 10:54:00 pm »
There's only two ways to look at it. You either have the players to play the way you want or you adapt the way you want to the players you've got.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8740 on: February 21, 2023, 10:55:34 pm »

For the first half yeah when they could run. Second half was a whole different story though.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #8741 on: February 21, 2023, 10:56:07 pm »
We don't play the same way though, or haven't done this season.  Liverpool used to outrun and outpress most, if not all the teams a few season back. But this season, aren't we towards the lowest teams for this. So tactics have changed
that's what i mean too. we don't play the same anymore because the old players aren't as good as they used to be and the new players can't play the current system.

a good example is that Nunez and Gakpo will never put as much pressure in their lives as Mane and Firmino.

You bought those players for a reason and they don't seem to have the same qualities. you can do two things. or try the same thing over and over again or try something new and Klopp has chosen to play with the same system but with the wrong players.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8742 on: February 21, 2023, 10:56:21 pm »

Our MF absolutely was one of main problems. Not good enough on the ball and defensively. Offensively we kept giving the ball away while offering little supply to our attackers. Klopp said it himself "I couldn't remember one pass to Darwin behind the lines in the second half."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8743 on: February 21, 2023, 10:56:31 pm »
It’s ok, the centre backs are sorted for another season. As are the full backs. Sorted.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8744 on: February 21, 2023, 10:57:36 pm »

Sorry to ruin your night but we lost 5-2. You obviously turned the TV off at half time.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #8745 on: February 21, 2023, 10:58:55 pm »

You’re joking right?

Our midfield got out powered like expected

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8746 on: February 21, 2023, 10:59:22 pm »
that's what i mean too. we don't play the same anymore because the old players aren't as good as they used to be and the new players can't play the current system.

a good example is that Nunez and Gakpo will never put as much pressure in their lives as Mane and Firmino.

You bought those players for a reason and they don't seem to have the same qualities. you can do two things. or try the same thing over and over again or try something new and Klopp has chosen to play with the same system but with the wrong players.

The thing is for the first 15 minutes or so, we were pressing well. Madrid couldn't cope, we were on top of the game and scored twice. Modric etc. barely had a touch. For whatever reason and it's something that is becoming common. We decided to stop pressing and sit back at 2-0 and invited pressure. All of sudden Madrid started to build momentum and dominate on the ball.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8747 on: February 21, 2023, 10:59:41 pm »
Bajcetic Jones Kieta until Thiago is back for me.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8748 on: February 21, 2023, 11:00:39 pm »

The thing is for the first 15 minutes or so, we were pressing well. Madrid couldn't cope, we were on top of the game and scored twice. Modric etc. barely had a touch. For whatever reason and it's something that is becoming common. We decided to stop pressing and sit back at 2-0 and invited pressure. All of sudden Madrid started to build momentum and dominate on the ball.

Because our midfield cannot keep that up for large parts of the game anymore unfortunately.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8749 on: February 21, 2023, 11:00:56 pm »

Righto, but I think Klopp has evolved the way we play, maybe it has something to do with Klopps personnel and with that a different style of playing. It might be intentional, being more possessive and patient rather than gung ho, heavy metal.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #8750 on: February 21, 2023, 11:01:53 pm »

Maybe this is just the current level of our players? that they can only put pressure on for 15 minutes and that they don't have the energy and quality to last an entire match?

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #8751 on: February 21, 2023, 11:02:27 pm »

Change the system
Well put. I think our tactics are naive. Much worse and cheaper teams than Real have punished us for this.
Hendersons role in particular is strange.

In general, we are creating chances at an ok rate, despite missing a lot of attacking players. But we defend really poorly, although we have everyone available

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8752 on: February 21, 2023, 11:03:53 pm »
Because our midfield cannot keep that up for large parts of the game anymore unfortunately.

Yea I get you but I meant the entire team. The entire team literally sat back almost as if instructed to do so. The thing is we don't need to do the a 100m sprint press for 90 minutes but literally push up as a team condense the space, block the passing lanes and force them long where we have a height advantage with Van Dyjk, Fabinho, Gomez etc. No one needs to do that Henderson press where he abandons his position and runs at the the oppo GK.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8753 on: February 21, 2023, 11:06:42 pm »
Yea I get you but I meant the entire team. The entire team literally sat back almost as if instructed to do so. The thing is we don't need to do the a 100m sprint press for 90 minutes but literally push up as a team condense the space, block the passing lanes and force them long where we have a height advantage with Van Dyjk, Fabinho, Gomez etc. No one needs to do that Henderson press where he abandons his position and runs at the the oppo GK.

Because to push up as a team the midfield needs to be able to cover the space left by the front three when we go hunting. They can't do that anymore so there's big gaps appearing and opposition midfielders can turn and start to play. As a result of this happening a few times it's only natural to go back in to your shell or else you'll be played through very easily.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #8754 on: February 21, 2023, 11:23:03 pm »
If you were a manager, what would you do to stop Liverpool being at their most effective?

If you can answer that question, without much difficulty, then I'm afraid you may have also found the problem with the way we go about things.

I hate to say it, but it was only a matter of time before opposition teams figured us out. 

We need a plan B. We need a way to control games in a professional manner that doesnt involve trying to work a way to score a goal at every opportunity.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #8755 on: February 21, 2023, 11:32:14 pm »
Struggle to think of a system that fixes this mess instantly.

The personnel is the biggest problem. Get that right, and next season could be a return to previous glory. Get it wrong, or do little to change it, and we’re looking at this season being the norm.

Not sure if you're talking about players or behind the scenes personnel here but, assuming its players, I'm afraid we're in some very deep self-inflicted doodoo indeed.

Meaning with the value of hindsight, we gave out some very generous contracts to players who now aren't exactly performing up to expectations.

Its a bit like the old Irish joke - "Excuse me Patrick, could you tell me the best way to get to Dublin?". "Well now Sur... I certainly wouldn't be starting from here".

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8756 on: February 21, 2023, 11:33:08 pm »

Talking about tactics or pressing is a waste of time if your midfield is struggling and not balanced. Nothing will work well unless you get the midfield right.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #8757 on: February 21, 2023, 11:39:40 pm »
Talking about tactics or pressing is a waste of time if your midfield is struggling and not balanced. Nothing will work well unless you get the midfield right.

And that’s the problem. Everyone could see we needed at least one midfielder plus one forward in January but the tight arse c*nts only had money available for one of the two.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8758 on: February 22, 2023, 12:02:15 am »
Because to push up as a team the midfield needs to be able to cover the space left by the front three when we go hunting. They can't do that anymore so there's big gaps appearing and opposition midfielders can turn and start to play.

Exactly this - we can do it for 20 minutes or so and then that’s it

What’s alarming is despite this being true for 7 months now we haven’t changed anything
Setting us up like it’s 2019 is just fucking mental at this point

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8759 on: February 22, 2023, 12:03:04 am »
And that’s the problem. Everyone could see we needed at least one midfielder plus one forward in January August but the tight arse c*nts only had money available for one of the two.