Author Topic: Gran Turismo 7  (Read 7570 times)

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a red and white Kop...
Re: Gran Turismo 7
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2022, 05:00:19 pm »
2:04.962

I'm so happy

Just one thousandth of a second behind me - I reckon you can beat that time.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2022, 06:36:38 pm »
Just one thousandth of a second behind me - I reckon you can beat that time.

Let's call it a draw

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2022, 06:52:40 pm »
Only 4 golds to get. Done the music rally ones... other than getting kids into the game, can't really see the point of it.

The last two group 3 endurance missions are left in the Human Comedy set. Hopefully won't be too much trouble. Haven't tried either yet. Did the 24min of Le Mans earlier. Took a few attempts but once the strategy is sussed it's not too tricky.

But oh my god, the drifting ones. Had to resort to YouTube. Still miles off on the last couple. Again, haven't tried it yet, but I always have counterassist on. Big tip apparently is turn it off...makes complete sense. Will report back as and when.

Edit: done the last couple of the Human Comedy group 3 races. Race 7, Red Bull Ring was pretty straightforward. Pit at the right time for wets and then back onto slicks once the dry line starts reappearing. The last one at Lake Maggiore is a big step up in difficulty. Took 5 attempts to win it but the Subaru was the clincher. Ran 1m57's on a 2 stop medium tyres strategy, stopping at laps 10 and 20 for 10 laps on fuel on fuel map 1. Tried it initially in the 911 and the best I could manage was 5th.

Just the drifting challenges now. A meagre 13 points off gold for the Daytona one (out of 7500). Then the drifting mission at Tsukuba and all golded. Way more easily said than done. Struggling massively with them as that sort of driving style and my brain do not get on...
« Last Edit: May 2, 2022, 06:59:27 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2022, 09:23:49 am »
One of the weekly online races on Sport is a SF19 Super Formula race, insane speeds.

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2022, 04:17:47 pm »
Might give that a miss as I'm betting it's a crash fest!

Only played online two or three times before yesterday but decided to give it another go last night and have somehow won three races and came second twice in 6 or 7 races in the Golf around the Red Bull Ring.  It can only be because the cars are slowish and I know that circuit quite well cos I was never that successful on GT Sport.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 04:46:42 pm by KJR71 »

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2022, 08:00:23 pm »
Game update scheduled for tomorrow morning.

What would you like to see?

There's Kaz's now traditional car silhouettes. Bit of a mystery as to what the 3rd car is.

Would personally like to see some more events added with decent payouts. Custom race credits once I've done everything are really poor. Really feels like an 'endurance' race is anything from 30-60mins according to PD. It ain't, it really ain't.  And more tracks... please

https://twitter.com/i/status/1529704254759391232
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 07:34:38 am by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2022, 07:21:51 am »
So three cars and some pictures of New Orleans then!

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2022, 07:29:05 am »
Underwhelming to say the least. Would have expected a new track given the 'new' version of Spa last time around. No new events listed in the news post... hopefully there'll be some detailed in the patch notes.

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2022, 07:38:09 am »
We can only hope.  I'm slowly working my way through getting golds on the licences and circuit experiences but the game needs more race events and courses which I think will come eventually.  Drip feed I reckon.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2022, 01:39:10 pm »
Update coming this week. Includes the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak.

Edit: Official trailer is now out. First new track in the game is Watkins Glen. Happy with that!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:11:11 pm by cormorant »

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 6, 2022, 07:43:42 am »
I'm finding the Circuit Experience on Deep Forest Raceway impossible, I've got gold on the three sectors but am half a second off the gold for the whole lap.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 6, 2022, 07:58:03 am »
I'm finding the Circuit Experience on Deep Forest Raceway impossible, I've got gold on the three sectors but am half a second off the gold for the whole lap.

Hope you're well mate.

Guess you may already be aware of this thread on gtplanet, but if not, I hope it helps.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-central-how-to-gold-all-licences-mission-challenges-and-track-experiences-thread-video-guides-inside.406244/

Bit of a disappointment that they've patched the multiple roulette ticket glitch this morning. Was helping with gaining credits I was using to customise loads of cars in my garage.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #92 on: July 7, 2022, 09:51:15 pm »
Can't believe I'm gonna have to throw in the towel at S10. No way I can find 3 seconds. Miyazono can piss off.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2022, 08:01:03 am »
Patch notes for today's update. 3 new cars that were easy to guess from the silhouette (confirmed in a trailer yesterday). Some new menu books/events. Interesting new scapes location of Tomica Town that looks like it will be fun to play around with. Been customising my garage lately as I mentioned previously whilst waiting for new content and taking photos of each car in scapes. Managed to take some really good photos with a bit of a creative eye plus trial and error with the masks, filters, saturation settings, etc.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_3942234.html

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 2, 2023, 09:48:03 pm »
This in vr looks incredible. Full game supported other than local split screen which is understandable.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 3, 2023, 06:09:21 am »
Yeah it looks amazing in VR

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2023, 12:54:37 am »
Yeah it looks amazing in VR
Im close to buying it and to be honest it’s probably a really bad decision after getting the first one and putting very few hours into it. The only game that made me feel a bit sick was gt sport but this looks a proper version of it where as the psvr1 version of gt was fairly awful looking when playing it and of course it was basically a demo where as this is the whole game. The biggest thing that stopped me using the first one more was the setup. A load of cables, a box and a camera to get going. Seems like this is just one usb cable so I’d probably use it far more often just because of that.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2023, 10:12:47 am »
Yeah I saw a side by side comparison and it just reinforces how much of a pain the first was to set up. I still have mine and I genuinely had some great experiences with the likes of Astrobot, Ace Combat 7, Wipeout, Thumper, PS Worlds, Farpoint...the library was good but the set up made me not play it enough. Whereas this time the setup looks effortless, the headset itself seems to be one the best on the market and a massive leap compared to the first PSVR which was a entry level headset.

Such a shame the PSVR titles aren't backwards compatible with this new headset.

What did you do with your old headset? I doubt anyone would want to buy mine now so it's left collecting dust.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2023, 10:24:13 am »
Yeah I saw a side by side comparison and it just reinforces how much of a pain the first was to set up. I still have mine and I genuinely had some great experiences with the likes of Astrobot, Ace Combat 7, Wipeout, Thumper, PS Worlds, Farpoint...the library was good but the set up made me not play it enough. Whereas this time the setup looks effortless, the headset itself seems to be one the best on the market and a massive leap compared to the first PSVR which was a entry level headset.

What did you do with your old headset? I doubt anyone would want to buy mine now so it's left collecting dust.

That’s the only thing that’s put me off buying one straight away, stupid decision by Sony.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2023, 11:39:40 pm »

Ive done fuck all with it for ages and I haven’t really thought about it till this week so I’m giving it to my nephew. Should have given it to him ages ago but it just never crossed my mind.

I did have some good experiences with it but it is the one gaming device where I’m sure I didn’t get moneys worth from. I’m not a prolific gamer but tend to get my moneys worth out of consoles over a number of years. I have a sim racing rig and that may go the same way even though I’ve put more hours into that already but it was pricey so I’d need to use it way more before I think it would be worth what I’ve paid.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2023, 07:25:04 am »
I’m the same as others with PSVR1, enjoyed it but didn’t use it loads because of the faff and move controllers weren’t great. I’d dip back in every now and again mostly with DualShock compatible games. The upside of that is I have a reasonable backlog to get through on PSVR2.

I can’t wait for PSVR2 and GT7 though, it looks fantastic. I’ve held off doing more menus etc until it’s launched so that I’ve got plenty of fresh stuff do to but will also redo some of my old favourite races in VR too. If the VR showroom is as good as some previews suggest I can also see myself spending quite a bit of time just looking at cars in VR! I hope they keep adding content for a while yet to keep that side of the game fresh.

Fingers crossed GT7 proves VR on PS5 for racing games and other follow suit.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2023, 01:17:14 am »
This Sophy ai thing is incredible. I do think there might be a bad spot for people who are very good because I only really started enjoying it at expert level and I’m really not that good although the one on one looks incredibly difficult.

The lines they take are brilliant depending on when attacking or defending and it’s a million miles from the normal ai or any ai I’ve seen.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 01:19:39 am by MBL? »

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2023, 08:16:36 pm »
Had a dispatch notice for my PSVR2 at 13.19 today so had written it off but it arrived with an hour of the email!

GT7 is incredible on it. It’s looks fantastic but the sense of space, depth and speed is just brilliant. I had a Porsche race around Barcelona and it definitely changes the way you approach overtaking. I also noticed more little slips and slides from the AI than I think I’d have spotted on a flat screen. Took a drive around Spa and the elevation changes feel so much deeper. Luckily the helmet placement with the cars seems a lot more consistent and reliable than with PSVR1.

Really enjoyed the VR showroom too so far, which you can do with all cars not just the ones you own. The attention to detail in the car’s really stands out.

Not played anything else yet as the controllers are charging…

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2023, 09:46:25 pm »
Had a dispatch notice for my PSVR2 at 13.19 today so had written it off but it arrived with an hour of the email!

GT7 is incredible on it. It’s looks fantastic but the sense of space, depth and speed is just brilliant. I had a Porsche race around Barcelona and it definitely changes the way you approach overtaking. I also noticed more little slips and slides from the AI than I think I’d have spotted on a flat screen. Took a drive around Spa and the elevation changes feel so much deeper. Luckily the helmet placement with the cars seems a lot more consistent and reliable than with PSVR1.

Really enjoyed the VR showroom too so far, which you can do with all cars not just the ones you own. The attention to detail in the car’s really stands out.

Not played anything else yet as the controllers are charging…
I ended up getting it as well. Herself is playing resident evil on it now. Not tried gt7 yet.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2023, 12:17:12 am »
Yeah gt7 is mad in it. Didn’t play for long, only did the Sophy ai thing in the first race on expert. I was a bit slower than using the the flat screen but yeah there is more of a sense of speed and the most surprising thing for me is I could feel the car pitching and sliding a bit on on one particular corner. This is obviously something it does to your brain as the rig didn’t move an in inch of course.

In that race you are in an integra type r and it was very much like being in my civic vti I had about 20 years ago.  I did miss having a very visible rev limiter but you will get used to that I suppose.

RE Village is that intense I’m not sure I will get through the game, nearly fell over when standing up so moved to a seating position and then punched the dog. The dog in question wasn’t in the game.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 12:22:10 am by MBL? »

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2023, 08:48:37 pm »
Ya id a yellow type r 10 years ago and i drove one for a race in vr and it was like owning it again !!
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2023, 11:31:07 pm »
Really is impressive this. Played for a few hours on vr there and then tried flat screen after cause I thought I’d be faster, I was terrible and lost interest after a few minutes. I think my brain didn’t adjust and I couldn’t judge the braking and apex’s as well. All of the top YouTubers are consistently faster in flat screen but I guess it’s because I’m fairly shite anyway.

One thing that is not being said is that there is a fairly big downgrade when in vr. It’s still great and the fact that it runs smoothly means it doesn’t matter much at all but worth saying since no review that I’ve watched mentioned it.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2023, 07:55:12 am »
Playing this in VR against the Sophy AI really felt like a big step forward. The AI is much better overall but at the higher difficulties much more lifelike, aggressive but sensible.

I agree re the graphics although I think part of that at least is the fact they’re uplifting from 60 to 120 fps. That introduces some ghosting in the image which isn’t obvious in some areas but can be in others, such as number boards at the trackside. I’ve also found it worse on some tracks than others. Redbull Ring seems crisper overall compared to Barcelona when I played them yesterday but that could also have been due to the cars/lighting conditions.

I played for a good hour straight last night with no issues at all re sickness, only felt anything odd when sliding the car as I think my body was expecting to feel something it didn’t!

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2023, 12:35:48 am »
Playing this in VR against the Sophy AI really felt like a big step forward. The AI is much better overall but at the higher difficulties much more lifelike, aggressive but sensible.

I agree re the graphics although I think part of that at least is the fact they’re uplifting from 60 to 120 fps. That introduces some ghosting in the image which isn’t obvious in some areas but can be in others, such as number boards at the trackside. I’ve also found it worse on some tracks than others. Redbull Ring seems crisper overall compared to Barcelona when I played them yesterday but that could also have been due to the cars/lighting conditions.

I played for a good hour straight last night with no issues at all re sickness, only felt anything odd when sliding the car as I think my body was expecting to feel something it didn’t!
All I’d say is whilst you do lose graphic fidelity, I think that’s the word I’m looking for.. The gain in immersive terms far outweighs it.

I was very critical of the psvr1 and it was a mistake getting it since I didn’t use it. A lot of that was setup meaning I wasn’t going to bother trying new games but you could see the potential with racing games. I know there is a big pc vr racing community who solely play that but the cost to get there is far greater. If I was to do a pc setup it would probably cost more for the pc to run it and headset over what I’ve paid for the ps5, dd wheel with load cell, rig and headset. You don’t even need to go that far from my experience.

My mate has one of those 300rs (think that’s the name) wheels and it’s brilliant. Mine is a bit smoother and more powerful if you want it to be but it’s small gains. The biggest difference for me has been the load cell pedal and more so now vr.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 2, 2023, 01:12:50 pm »
Been trying to Gold all of the licences. Got 3 left on the Super Licence that are just infuriating me. The dirt track, the Super Formula and the final one. Can get silver on the the first two, that final test I can't get round Spa without sliding it into a wall.

Offline MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 2, 2023, 10:26:33 pm »
Been trying to Gold all of the licences. Got 3 left on the Super Licence that are just infuriating me. The dirt track, the Super Formula and the final one. Can get silver on the the first two, that final test I can't get round Spa without sliding it into a wall.
I gave up going for gold 4 into the a license. Might revisit it. The last one in s is tough and took me an hour or so to get bronze as far as I can remember. The key is to avoid any wet part of the road when turning and/or braking. I think i eventually did it by going really safe and then building up a bit more speed when I started to learn it.

« Last Edit: March 2, 2023, 10:28:05 pm by MBL? »

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 3, 2023, 06:05:43 pm »
VR looks quality from what I've seen, but don't want to sink my cash into it.

As the year has progressed since release I've totally moved away from time trials in GT Sport to experimenting in scapes. 

'mazzybul' for anyone who wants to take a look at my gallery.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #112 on: March 9, 2023, 03:40:18 pm »
Was bloody-minded enough to want to make sure I finished GT Sport before starting this, and I achieved my 301st & final victory (an endurance race at Autopolis, at the sixth time of asking!) last night.

Time to upgrade to a 4k tv and get cracking with this beauty...

(I notice I'm already way behind in the tech, now that everyone's talking about the VR ;D)
« Last Edit: March 9, 2023, 03:41:49 pm by jackh »

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2023, 12:44:12 pm »
Get an LG C1 TV, mate... 
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2023, 06:30:20 pm »
Got an LG over Christmas and will also give them a vote, very impressed so far. GT7 looks brilliant on it, as do a lot of other things and the interface generally is very good I think.

Recent PS5 and VR2 updates do appear to have made GT7 a little crisper. I don’t know if they’ve tweaked the foveated rendering or something else but the interiors looks cleaner still I think and overall it feels like they’ve upped the fidelity a bit.

Still brilliant regardless.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2023, 11:35:51 am »
Cheers folks - those LGs were a bit out of my price range for now, so I've picked up a Panasonic LX650 to see me through the next year or two before upgrading to a higher-spec one. Went from 49" to 55" too, which is a treat.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2023, 11:40:11 am »
Worked my way through about 20 menu books so far, and reached collector level 11. Was still playing the GT Sport endurance races (and, yes, finished with all 301 wins :P) until a fortnight ago, so it's been a bit weird going from the best bits of GT Sport straight into the early grind of GT7 but I'm enjoying exploring the different layout and that. A return to more detailed car turning is also welcome.

One thing I do think they should do is have 'standard' (1x, I presume) tyre wear active throughout the entire single player game. Without knowing the tyre selection of the other cars in most races, it often feels like a bit of a cheat upgrading the tyres. It'd feel more hard earned if, for example, you burned right through a set of RS tyres even in just a two lap race and therefore had to buy a new set for the next race.

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2023, 10:57:19 am »
Did anyone else notice a significant step up in difficulty when you get to the 700pp Touring Car championship (it's a menu book in the mid 30s, with 5 lap races at Trial Mountain, Catalunya, and the Nurburgring). Cruised to at least the top three in pretty much everything up to this championship, but just can't find the right car for it - everything eligible seems to be around 395bhp and 1400kg, but I'm way off being competitive (I can get to around 6th at Barcelona, but am nowhere in the other two races).

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2023, 11:03:43 am »
I tend to search Reddit when I struggled on a particular track, usually a consensus on which car you need to use.  If the races involve a pit stop then you can usually do a much better strategy than the other cars.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2023, 05:30:05 pm »
Bit similar to Graeme, I found GTplanet useful in the past for useful info on stuff like that.

Think it was GT5 and one of the last challenges in the Red Bull around Suzuka that was an absolutely mental challenge. Not quite the same as that was a fixed car and circuit but there are tips out there.

Interestingly, logged on during my lunch break today and the patch notes were on for this week's update. New short version of the Nurb confirmed then the details disappeared. Guess someone at PD dropped the notes unintentionally and they were then removed once they realised. There were a load of notes regarding physics settings and driver assist changes. Definitely worth keeping an eye on once the update drops if they impact on your driving and anyone may skip reading the notes. Things like traction control level, countersteering assist, etc.