Author Topic: Elden Ring  (Read 19801 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Elden Ring - Released 25/2/22 (Please use Spoiler tags!)
« Reply #320 on: May 2, 2022, 02:32:17 pm »
I do hope they tap into their Armored Core legacy and make a sci-fi Souls game. They’ve nailed the fantasy theme never to be beaten by anyone.

Oof, yes please.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #321 on: May 4, 2022, 12:20:09 pm »
I did feel balancing was a bit off in some areas, some bosses almost ended up being a treat at the end of a grueling level - instead of the final and hardest challenge.

Amazing game though, truly a crown achievement for FromSoftware. I do hope they tap into their Armored Core legacy and make a sci-fi Souls game. They’ve nailed the fantasy theme never to be beaten by anyone.

Agree on both ;D Though I got to Elden Beast before they did a few major balancing patches so it was worse. Dark Souls 3 will always have the best and most balanced bosses and is still right up there for as one of my favourite games ever - but Elden Ring is a one of a kind 'GOAT' contender of a game which is going to prove very influential in the industry (with any luck).

Their next game is Armored Core but not sure how 'Soulsy' it will be. Sci Fi would be good but I wouldn't object for another Lovecraftian type game, porting Bloodborne to PC would be a good start.
:D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: May 4, 2022, 12:27:25 pm »
What I'm imagining is kind of a crossover between Dead Space, Dark Souls, Shogo MAD and System Shock. Mixing up on foot and mech combat, travelling to different planets, dimensions, virtual reality only zones and going completely crazy with enemy and boss design. Now that would be something. More objectively, I'm really happy Elden Ring was such a success, as we'll definitely get chunky DLC and almost certainly Elden Ring 2. But I've been hoping for a while they would either explore a sci-fi or even present-day horror setting paired with souls mechanics - both would be absolutely incredible.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2022, 10:06:32 am »
I'm 30 hours in on my second playthrough, using a guide only for NPC quests. I've gone a double-katana build which is super fun, about to take on Morgott. I've absolutely creamed all the main bosses so far except Radahn who is still relatively difficult but he can be beaten without Scarlet Rot now.

I got absolutely nowhere with the Millicent and Rya quests on my first play, so to see the repaired arm and true form has been a nice surprise so far! I also killed Patches on first sight but spared him this time round.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 10:10:36 am by OsirisMVZ »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2022, 10:16:34 am »
I'm about 10 hours in NG+ now. Pretty much plowing untouched through Limgrave, cleared the Stormveil and now dipping into Liurnia also. My usual build still going strong, greatshield, heavy-ish armor and katana. I like being able to take some punsihment and high poise, but also having medium roll and quick attacks with katana. Was considering power stancing with Malenia's blade and uchi, maybe later after I open up the option to respec.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2022, 10:32:07 am »
I'm about 10 hours in NG+ now. Pretty much plowing untouched through Limgrave, cleared the Stormveil and now dipping into Liurnia also.

I can't wait to do NG+ and destroy the early bosses in about 5 hits ;D

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: May 10, 2022, 10:33:37 am »
Still thinking about my experience with this game a couple of weeks after completing it. Haven't got the heart to jump back in for a new journey yet!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2022, 10:35:51 am »
It's not even funny how op I am compared to the first playthrough. I know it'll get harder in later areas, but up until Altus Plateau I might not die at all. Levels however are slow to gain now, plus gain from them is negligible - so I'm as good as I'll get.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2022, 11:30:38 am »
Still thinking about my experience with this game a couple of weeks after completing it. Haven't got the heart to jump back in for a new journey yet!

Same. I got about 10 hours or so into a new playthrough with a full Colossal weapon Strength build but the playstyle was fairly one-note.  Switched to a Faith-based incantation build, but still found myself pining for my OG bloodflame-blade katana boy. Haven't played in weeks but debating just doing NG+ on Mr. Nagakiba instead.

Endgame pic
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 11:35:15 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: May 10, 2022, 11:40:56 am »
Same. I got about 10 hours or so into a new playthrough with a full Colossal weapon Strength build but the playstyle was fairly one-note.  Switched to a Faith-based incantation build, but still found myself pining for my OG bloodflame-blade katana boy. Haven't played in weeks but debating just doing NG+ on Mr. Nagakiba instead.

Endgame pic
Spoiler
[close]

Superb pic that! Look like an absolute demon of death  ;D

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #330 on: May 10, 2022, 10:51:10 pm »
Commander Niall is a fucking jebroni. The amount of times I've got that bastard down to less than a centimetre of health is beyond me.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2022, 09:06:06 am »
That's the guy in Sol Castle right? I think when I beat him, I rotted him somehow whilst he was attacking one of my summons, and then just ran around on my horse (you can use the horse right?) whilst I watched his health bar trickle down. He was a tough fella.

Maybe I just ran around and avoided the attacks.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2022, 09:50:04 am »
Try those bewitching branches to flip his summons against him.
Makes it easier, far from easy though.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2022, 09:59:54 am »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: May 11, 2022, 11:33:02 am »
or do this  :lmao

Surely that doesn't work, I'll give anything a go at the minute.  Most annoying boss Ive faced thus far.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2022, 12:48:49 pm »
That whole Castle Sol area was an absolute bastard.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2022, 01:00:53 pm »
Surely that doesn't work, I'll give anything a go at the minute.  Most annoying boss Ive faced thus far.

Then just summon two co-operators, more fun than that cheese. I know the pain though, first time i got there i was slightly under-levelled and just the spinny fuck he summons was dicing me up.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2022, 02:15:10 pm »
Zlen's advice worked a treat.  Used two, one per summon and slashed the ever lasting shite out of him.  Got both parts of the medallion now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2022, 12:45:51 am »
I bought this, and I'm not very good, however I do enjoy the open world aspect, and if you try a boss and can't beat them you can go away and do other things to level up your character before going back to them, frame rate is garbage on Xbox Series X, no way it holds a consistent 60, there is a lot going on in the world I'll grant you, but 60fps is more or less standard nowadays.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2022, 09:55:03 am »
Zlen's advice worked a treat.  Used two, one per summon and slashed the ever lasting shite out of him.  Got both parts of the medallion now.

Woohoo!
Nice job.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2022, 04:03:52 pm »
I feel like putting up a Zlen-like Bat signal. Elden Beast, and his slightly weaker precursor. What the fuck ?

Every weapon I have, very Little;e damage. Feel like re-speccing, but I really don't want to do that.  Absolutely melted Godfrey, first time. Fucking stuck now and I don't fancy farming shit.

Love and hate this game.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2022, 04:24:54 pm »
What damage are you doing to them? What level/rank is your weapon? Also any element? They are both very strong against Holy element.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2022, 04:28:23 pm »
Yeah, can't help you much there. It was a grueling fight for me as well. I was slicing and dicing everything before Elden Beast, if it bleeds - it was going down. Then you get the final boss completely immune to status effects. It took me while is all I can say and I'm not looking forward to it on my NG+ playthrough. Munch those things that boost physical damage, that helps a bit.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 29, 2022, 05:20:12 pm »
So, I've beat these fuckers now.  Asked some kid on Reddit how to to do it and he mentioned Black Knife Tiche.  Beating the little bastard who dropped that was hard enough, took me hours.  Anyhoo, got the goddamn thing and she basically did all the work for me until the latter stages of Elden Beast, after that I just Bloodhound Fanged the bastard to death.

I'm not going to bother with NG or anything, first time stressful enough.  It is one of the best games I've played though, alongside New Vegas, Dead Space and Sekiro.  Brilliant, brilliant game.  Put 120 hours into it and it cost Ł34.99.  Thank fuck it's over.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2022, 02:11:34 am »
I'm new to Elden Ring and new to Souls games in general. I'm currently 9 hours and 46 mins in level 37 playing as an Astrologer.

I am getting so frustrated with frigging Margitt! I go in with the lone wolves spirits, and summon my mate Roger and I still can't beat the fucker!

I've just tried 8 times in a row without luck, and on 4 occassions I got him down to 1 hit and he just battered me. It's like he gets stronger when he is inches away from death.

Frustrating as hell, but I'm loving the game
YNWA - JFT97

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #345 on: June 11, 2022, 09:05:10 am »
Just been lent this by a mate for PS4. Looks like it could be quite the time suck ;D

Though it may destroy my 8 year old console.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2022, 06:47:24 pm »
I'm new to Elden Ring and new to Souls games in general. I'm currently 9 hours and 46 mins in level 37 playing as an Astrologer.

I am getting so frustrated with frigging Margitt! I go in with the lone wolves spirits, and summon my mate Roger and I still can't beat the fucker!

I've just tried 8 times in a row without luck, and on 4 occassions I got him down to 1 hit and he just battered me. It's like he gets stronger when he is inches away from death.

Frustrating as hell, but I'm loving the game

Try the Jelly Fish ashes instead of wolves for Margit. The jelly can eat a lot more hits from him. (upgrade your ashes too, if you can)

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2022, 01:41:57 am »
Try the Jelly Fish ashes instead of wolves for Margit. The jelly can eat a lot more hits from him. (upgrade your ashes too, if you can)

Thanks mate but I finally beat him today.

I watched a video on Youtube for a bit of help on how to make my character a bit better. Ended up getting the meteorite staff and the rock sling spell, managed to nail him without even getting hit
YNWA - JFT97

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2022, 01:16:19 pm »
Restarting this having gotten nowhere with my samurai build-I seemed to spend endless hours collecting stuff to make arrows by culling the wildlife like Lara Croft with a katana. Trying a vagabond great weapon build this time, and hopefully do it more methodically.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2022, 05:29:57 pm »
Finally finished this after 125 hours. What an adventure, although I burned out a bit towards the end. Great game but I think I'd rather have a From game full of Stormveil/Leyndell dungeons instead of another open world. I also thought Sekiro's gameplay was much more fun than the jump attack spamming in Elden Ring.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #350 on: July 25, 2022, 02:24:02 pm »

Don`t you have to get an item in Stormveil first before upgrading your ashes?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2022, 10:52:56 am »
I miss playing this. Any sign of any DLC?

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2022, 01:37:31 pm »
i havent completed it yet :( i was fighting the twinblade dragons, and my controller broke.

did most people go for magic builds? I started with samurai and now im leveling up on intelligence and faith...
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2022, 07:49:41 pm »
i havent completed it yet :( i was fighting the twinblade dragons, and my controller broke.

did most people go for magic builds? I started with samurai and now im leveling up on intelligence and faith...

I played through with a strength/dex build, eventually throwing points into Faith/Int and Arcane.  I was about level 160 when I finished which may sound overlevelled but you need to take the fact that I'm utter shite at these games under consideration.

Might give it a month or two and play with a magic build.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: September 3, 2022, 04:40:42 pm »
Just finished NG+, much easier (obviously) until Faram and I still loved it as much as that first time.  I think it's possibly the greatest game ever made, frustrating as fuck but I always came back.  I've uninstalled now and I'm hoping to hop into something else, I'll be first in line for DLC though. An absolute masterpiece.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: September 3, 2022, 05:23:42 pm »
Just finished NG+, much easier (obviously) until Faram and I still loved it as much as that first time.  I think it's possibly the greatest game ever made, frustrating as fuck but I always came back.  I've uninstalled now and I'm hoping to hop into something else, I'll be first in line for DLC though. An absolute masterpiece.

Have you ever played Bloodborne?

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: September 4, 2022, 08:11:24 am »
Have you ever played Bloodborne?

I haven't, my eldest has a PS5 in her room but I'm kinda banned from that domain, she's back to college on Monday and I work from home so I might try and bribe her somehow.

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #357 on: September 4, 2022, 09:25:18 pm »
I haven't, my eldest has a PS5 in her room but I'm kinda banned from that domain, she's back to college on Monday and I work from home so I might try and bribe her somehow.

If you're successful with your bribe make sure you get the DLC with it as well.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 4, 2022, 09:31:49 pm »

Mate deffo give it a go. It was my first soulslike and I absolutely loved it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: September 6, 2022, 04:11:21 pm »
Finally beat Margit, used the teleporter chest in the Dragon Burnt ruins, that takes you to Selia Crystal Tunnel, then I snuck down through the tunnels to get the Rotten Stray summon, turned Margit into easy mode.