Author Topic: Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?  (Read 31149 times)

Online Komic

• Legacy Fan
Re: Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?
« Reply #40 on: January 6, 2022, 05:22:28 pm »
Hopefully go abroad later in the year but the threat of having to isolate whilst abroad puts us off, so will likely stay in the UK. Did quite a few hostels and camping weekends in Snowdonia, the Peaks and the Lakes so will do that again. Think the longer holidays will be going down to Devon and up to Northumberland.

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #41 on: January 6, 2022, 05:58:18 pm »

???

Good catch, certainly don't want that happening.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 6, 2022, 08:11:59 pm »
Any particular reason? Have spoken to cousin about going there for a few days this year but not sure I'd be comfortable traveling abroad yet

Weekend away in Lake District where I've never been before. Going to stick to the UK yet. Don't think planes are something I'd like especially long haul flights anytime soon.

If you are around Bowness, I can recommend Rastellis Italian for a meal, basic place but the food is bloody lovely, but you will have to book.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 6, 2022, 09:00:41 pm »
Any particular reason? Have spoken to cousin about going there for a few days this year but not sure I'd be comfortable traveling abroad yet
Morocco are quite strict when it comes to closing their borders, it's still closed until the end of the month so I don't want that unpredictability when we go. Plus I wanted a relaxing beach holiday, Marrakech is too much hustle and bustle.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 6, 2022, 10:48:31 pm »
If you are around Bowness, I can recommend Rastellis Italian for a meal, basic place but the food is bloody lovely, but you will have to book.
Nice one mate. Will see if we can!

Morocco are quite strict when it comes to closing their borders, it's still closed until the end of the month so I don't want that unpredictability when we go. Plus I wanted a relaxing beach holiday, Marrakech is too much hustle and bustle.
Ah yeah I get that. I've been before and enjoyed it. Was with the Mrs that time rather than a lads trip.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 7, 2022, 09:51:20 am »
Only thing booked is Lebanon and Syria in March, but still waiting on the visa to get issued for Syria. We were supposed to go in 2020, but obviously COVID happened.

Will probably go to Poland at Easter to see my partner's family.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 7, 2022, 11:28:09 am »
Does anywhere in Spain require children over 12 to be vaccinated before entering the country?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 7, 2022, 11:31:29 am »
Does anywhere in Spain require children over 12 to be vaccinated before entering the country?

Everywhere in Spain does. Its an issue we have now, as due to fly to Tenerife on 14th Feb, but my eldest, who is 13, isn't due his second jab until 23rd Feb, so cannot enter Spain until 10th March. We are hoping that the Spanish go back to a negative PCR test before then. The 11 yr old has covid, yet is fully exempt from the rules :butt

Of course, if we were still in the EU, my 13 yr olds recovery from covid would be enough  :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 7, 2022, 11:48:52 am »
Hopefully the lakes next month for a weekend break. Then in June off on a stags to Haarlem in Netherlands. Hopefully a week in Spain towards the end of summer.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 7, 2022, 02:10:26 pm »
A wee trip to Wales before April and back to Zambia in the Autumn. Amazing to think I said in 2020 we might struggle to go on holiday next year and two years later we are still struggling to book anything with confidence. Plus we are getting screwed once we do travel with silly fares, hotel rates etc as half the facilities / attractions have limited availability. It could be another year or two before everything like rates and nightlife is back to normal.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 7, 2022, 05:49:30 pm »
Lanzarote in March
Majorca in May
Gran Canaria in June
Majorca in September
Lanzarote in December

All short trips (between 4 and 7 nights) but the credit card is still feeling the strain.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 7, 2022, 05:55:45 pm »
Getting married in July so our plan is go somewhere nice in the UK the week after then thinking about Italy in October.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #52 on: January 7, 2022, 06:57:55 pm »
Only thing booked is Lebanon and Syria in March, but still waiting on the visa to get issued for Syria. We were supposed to go in 2020, but obviously COVID happened.

Will probably go to Poland at Easter to see my partner's family.

Syria is an interesting shout.
What are your plans while there?
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #53 on: January 7, 2022, 08:29:53 pm »

Do we need to give Operation Prevent a tip-off?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: January 7, 2022, 08:34:42 pm »
10 days of doing f*ck-all in Turkey in May.

Can't wait - Not been away for nearly 3 years now, and should have been doing Barbados again for my 50th last year, that we obviously had to scrap.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 7, 2022, 09:35:40 pm »

Damascus has been on my bucket list for ages but it’s not been possible before now (obviously!). So we will mostly be in Damascus, but also will go to Palmyra (what’s left of it) and Krak de Chevaliers (mostly untouched by the nightmare of the last decade). The routes to these are now stable and as safe as they’ve been in an extremely long time. I know someone who returned recently.

Syria used to be a hugely popular tourist destination. It has so much culture and history, despite ISIS doing their best to destroy it.

In Lebanon we will likely go to Baalbek and Sidon or Byblos from a base in Beirut. I’ve been to Lebanon before but my Dad will be with me and he’s not been so we will do some of the main touristy bits there too.

Do we need to give Operation Prevent a tip-off?

;D I suspect “atheist lesbian feminist” are not high on the list of demographics they worry about.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #56 on: January 7, 2022, 11:15:38 pm »
Greece in April (less a holiday, the GF wants to see her family)
South coast in early July, before the schools break up. Brighton by train maybe
Turkey in September (deposit paid, fingers crossed)
And then maybe a Christmas market in Vienna, which I've had planned twice now but had to cancel once through being too poor when the time came, and again from Covid.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #57 on: January 7, 2022, 11:54:58 pm »
Marrakech in May with my wife and her brothers. Would love for that to get cancelled and get a refund, don't want to go at all.

Dubai in September for 10 days. Singapore and Bali were my first choice but Asia is unporedictable with Covid so had to make do with Dubai. Then maybe a UK getaway in July for a few nights.

We're considering Morocco over Christmas - Marrakech and Casablanca probably.

We'll give LinkedIn Disneyland a miss.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #58 on: January 8, 2022, 12:39:31 pm »
We're considering Morocco over Christmas - Marrakech and Casablanca probably.

We'll give LinkedIn Disneyland a miss.

I did Marrakech and Fez a few years ago - Fez was the best part of the trip. Look it up
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 8, 2022, 06:19:19 pm »
Getting married in July so our plan is go somewhere nice in the UK the week after then thinking about Italy in October.

Nice I had honeymoon in Sorrento been there twice that is great if you are looking for places in Italy.

Also done Lake Garda nice place too did a few trips to Venice and Verona as well Verona is a quality place.

Offline vladis voice

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: January 9, 2022, 10:09:57 am »
Paris weekend May

Corfu family break June

Flights booked to Rome and back from Venice September..plan is hire a vintage Fiat (yep...definitely no chance of breakdowns there) and spend 10 days meandering from one to the other

Expensive year but Mrs Voice and I are both 50 in May and it's our 25th anniversary September....really looking forward to all, looking forward to paying for them slightly less

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2022, 10:50:46 am »
Verona is a quality place.

There's a couple of real gentlemen there.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2022, 08:50:30 pm »
Booked 5 days in New York at the end of May for a family event out there. The last time we were there, the little one was 6 months old. Hoping we will be able to fly there.
Justice for the 96!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2022, 08:51:54 pm »
Booked 5 days in New York at the end of May for a family event out there. The last time we were there, the little one was 6 months old. Hoping we will be able to fly there.

What’s the alternative, row?

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2022, 07:28:47 am »
What’s the alternative, row?

I actually went on a ship from Southampton to New York five years ago to get Florida in the school summer holidays , it worked out cheaper to cruise there , one night stay and and internal flight to Tampa than what virgin were asking for a direct Manchester to Tampa flight .

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2022, 09:21:22 am »
I actually went on a ship from Southampton to New York five years ago to get Florida in the school summer holidays , it worked out cheaper to cruise there , one night stay and and internal flight to Tampa than what virgin were asking for a direct Manchester to Tampa flight .

Ha, nice. How long did it take?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2022, 09:27:38 am »
Cancelled Tenerife for next month, as Spain has gone to level 4. Eldest not allowed in as not eligible for 2nd jab until a week after we were supposed to fly out and its masks everywhere, 75% capacity in the hotel and 33% capacity in restaurants, so not really the usual relaxed winter break we were used to. Going to Crete end of May instead now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2022, 09:36:26 am »
Cancelled Tenerife for next month, as Spain has gone to level 4. Eldest not allowed in as not eligible for 2nd jab until a week after we were supposed to fly out and its masks everywhere, 75% capacity in the hotel and 33% capacity in restaurants, so not really the usual relaxed winter break we were used to. Going to Crete end of May instead now.

When we went in October it was masks everywhere when moving around inside the hotel and they tried to stagger dinner booking etc. You got used to it pretty quickly, was still nice and relaxing to be honest and everyone complied so there was no weirdness about it.

I know you’ve cancelled already so probably not very useful info!

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2022, 11:42:42 am »
Off to Tallinn next month for a few days

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2022, 12:18:34 pm »
Make sure you pack your bullet proof vest

:o

What's this all about? Is it normal?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2022, 12:18:50 pm »
When we went in October it was masks everywhere when moving around inside the hotel and they tried to stagger dinner booking etc. You got used to it pretty quickly, was still nice and relaxing to be honest and everyone complied so there was no weirdness about it.

I know you’ve cancelled already so probably not very useful info!

We were going to an all inclusive we go to a lot and its usually dead busy especially at meal times, I think it would have been a bit of a mare there trying to stagger that, we certainly wouldn't have enjoyed it. We also go for long walks and doing that when its hot and also while wearing a mask just didn't appeal.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2022, 12:57:32 pm »
Ha, nice. How long did it take?
. Seven nights of luxury , no jet lag when getting there and arriving early morning was spectacular , going under the verrazano bridge then the skyline in view was stunning .

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2022, 07:03:24 pm »
:o

What's this all about? Is it normal?

It is now yes. During lockdown, drug dealers moved into the Tulum and Cancun areas to supply for the raves and decided to stay. Now they have gun battles on the beach, two travel bloggers were shot dead in crossfire, about 4 dealers have been shot dead on the beach, men on jet skis rocked up about 3 weeks ago and starting shooting at rivals. Bear in mind, this happened during the day while families were playing volleyball on the beach and had to run to the hotels. They're also now running protection rackets in the towns.

There are now 1500 military personnel stationed in Cancun and are patrolling the beaches.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2022, 10:15:43 am »
Is Spain ambitious for mid March?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2022, 10:32:24 am »
Is Spain ambitious for mid March?

If not taking kids then I'd be tempted if its dirt cheap, not at normal prices though. Although Nick said it was Ok when he went last October.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2022, 10:53:29 am »
If not taking kids then I'd be tempted if its dirt cheap, not at normal prices though. Although Nick said it was Ok when he went last October.

Flights are mega cheap.

Band I want to see although that seems ambitious
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2022, 09:10:15 pm »
Travelling to Spain from UK seems to suggest you don't need a test:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements#if-youre-fully-vaccinated

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2022, 01:08:32 am »
We're thinking every midweek with an empty weekend we check how cheap flights are to Belfast or Dublin or Amsterdam and go and get hammered overnight, just for a change of scenery like.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2022, 10:40:02 am »
Travelling to Spain from UK seems to suggest you don't need a test:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements#if-youre-fully-vaccinated

My lad not being due for his 2nd jab until the 23rd Feb scuppered us going. I'm really starting to feel it now too, I've been going to Tenerife in January since 2008, it does my mental health the power of good and right now I'm really missing the place and the sun.