Author Topic: Formula 1 2022: The return of ground effect(s)  (Read 190917 times)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Formula 1 2022: The return of ground effect(s)
« Reply #80 on: February 6, 2022, 07:31:39 pm »

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: February 7, 2022, 03:23:40 pm »
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/video.classic-onboard-rubens-barrichello-hockenheim-2000.6060975124001.html

I miss the old Hockenheim.  Don't know why, was always one of my tippy-top tracks to watch.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #82 on: February 8, 2022, 12:52:47 pm »
No pre-race 'We race as one' gesture this season. The FIA 'will extend its funding commitment to the Formula One Engineering Scholarship programme for underrepresented groups until 2025 - and will carry on screening an anti-racism message ahead of every race'

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 8, 2022, 01:47:23 pm »
So Mercedes auctioned off a factory tour for charity at the Autosport Awards. Christian Horner won it :D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #84 on: February 8, 2022, 02:36:52 pm »
So Mercedes auctioned off a factory tour for charity at the Autosport Awards. Christian Horner won it :D
:lmao
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #85 on: February 8, 2022, 02:37:36 pm »
No pre-race 'We race as one' gesture this season. The FIA 'will extend its funding commitment to the Formula One Engineering Scholarship programme for underrepresented groups until 2025 - and will carry on screening an anti-racism message ahead of every race'

The new world champ will be happy
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 8, 2022, 02:38:26 pm »
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/video.classic-onboard-rubens-barrichello-hockenheim-2000.6060975124001.html

I miss the old Hockenheim.  Don't know why, was always one of my tippy-top tracks to watch.
was just the sheer speed and noise

do yourself a favour and look up some onboards with mercedes v10 or Ferrari v12s or honda v12s

doubt any exist but an onboard sound at hockenheim of a v12 lamborghini would be great

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #87 on: February 8, 2022, 02:47:37 pm »
Any word if Max will take the Number 1 driver number this season?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #88 on: February 8, 2022, 02:51:51 pm »
he did on the ice runs
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: February 8, 2022, 02:55:23 pm »

Yeah he is doing.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 8, 2022, 04:06:19 pm »
He will, but they're painting a little asterisk next to it.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #91 on: February 8, 2022, 04:20:50 pm »
That's brilliant  ;D ;D ;D
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #92 on: February 8, 2022, 05:56:16 pm »

;D
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #93 on: February 8, 2022, 10:25:41 pm »
Not a bad deal this for anyone wanting to attend a race weekend…

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/spain-2022-half-board-grand-prix-package-with-tickets-for-practice-qualifying-race-day-3884887

This looked an outstanding deal, though reviews of the travel company seem less than positive...

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 9, 2022, 03:35:02 am »

A man who can't spell his own name apparently.  ;D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 9, 2022, 10:39:54 am »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 9, 2022, 10:51:24 am »
He's champion, like it or not he's got #1 on his car. You should take it seriously. He was the best driver on the grid last year.

This isn't new footage either, it's been available for 2 months. Which is the same amount of time you've been crying about it for.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 9, 2022, 10:52:45 am »
He's champion, like it or not he's got #1 on his car. You should take it seriously. He was the best driver on the grid last year.

This isn't new footage either, it's been available for 2 months. Which is the same amount of time you've been crying about it for.

Just accept no one other than Max fans like yourself see's him as a true champion * ;D

It will only ever be remembered for this.

PS Max is a massive Tory.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 9, 2022, 11:01:27 am »
Just accept no one other than Max fans like yourself see's him as a true champion * ;D

It will only ever be remembered for this.

PS Max is a massive Tory.

I'm not even a max fan.

Oh no there's some radio footage of Wheatley telling Masi what to do. Just like Toto telling Masi not to release the safety car earlier in the race. It went on all year at every race.

Your still shedding tears over it, no one else cares, a new season is on the horizon but only the Hamilton brigade are still banging on about it. I mean look at the lad you quoted, his entire Twitter is dedicated to one person, it's fucking weird.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #99 on: February 9, 2022, 11:05:15 am »
It's done and has been done for some time. Verstappen is the world champion and that's it.

Anyway, norris has signed up with McLaren for another 4 years. Sure he's had a nice boost in salary too.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 9, 2022, 11:06:40 am »

As a F1 fan does that sort of thing not genuinely annoy you?

I don't think anyone here is even close to being as big a F1 fan as we are Liverpool fans, its all a bit secondary. But does it not annoy you that the integrity of the 'sport' can be shit all over like that? If Max was the best driver on the grid last year, he didn't show it in the end. He had quite literally lost the title, it was gone. He drove a poor last race, he drove a poor last four races. They were all set for the same number of wins. Regardless of what went before, the legacy of last season and the legacy of his title win will always be that it was handed to him by a man who wanted a new champion (for whatever reason, sinister or not). It genuinely wouldn't have been any less tarnished if they'd finished the race under the SC and they'd said 'actually we're going to change the Belgium result now and give full points'.

Its genuinely a little odd that you've seen a video of the race director literally changing the rules to ensure someone wins the title after being told to do so by that persons team, and you respond with 'he was the best driver on the grid, stop crying' ;D

But this is the 2022 F1 thread so......
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #101 on: February 9, 2022, 11:14:01 am »
it doesn't annoy him because he hates Hamilton and Max wasn't the best driver because he actually lost the title in the last race. It was fixed to let him win.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #102 on: February 9, 2022, 11:14:10 am »
Look up how many racing laps he led last season compared to everyone else. He's a worthy champion.

Having said that, the end of the season was a farce, masi is out of his depth and should be binned.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #103 on: February 9, 2022, 11:14:10 am »

I don't think anyone here is even close to being as big a F1 fan as we are Liverpool fans, its all a bit secondary. But does it not annoy you that the integrity of the 'sport' can be shit all over like that? If Max was the best driver on the grid last year, he didn't show it in the end. He had quite literally lost the title, it was gone. He drove a poor last race, he drove a poor last four races. They were all set for the same number of wins. Regardless of what went before, the legacy of last season and the legacy of his title win will always be that it was handed to him by a man who wanted a new champion (for whatever reason, sinister or not). It genuinely wouldn't have been any less tarnished if they'd finished the race under the SC and they'd said 'actually we're going to change the Belgium result now and give full points'.

Its genuinely a little odd that you've seen a video of the race director literally changing the rules to ensure someone wins the title after being told to do so by that persons team, and you respond with 'he was the best driver on the grid, stop crying' ;D

Can't disagree with any of that  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 9, 2022, 11:17:00 am »

Over the course of the season he had more wins as well as more DNF's. He was voted driver of the year by Autosport.

You've got team principals trying to influence a race director every race. Every race Masi was getting two different arguments from Red Bull and Mercedes that influenced his decisions. The pressure got to him, he made a shit decision , I said as much at the time it should of been red flagged but what's done is done and nobody cares months later except for some super obsessed Hamilton fans.

As for integrity in the sport, It's Formula one, I've been watching it long enough to realise nobody in the sport acts in good faith or with integrity.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 9, 2022, 11:18:13 am »
It's done and has been done for some time. Verstappen is the world champion and that's it.

Anyway, norris has signed up with McLaren for another 4 years. Sure he's had a nice boost in salary too.
Good to see young Monegasque talent secure their future...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 9, 2022, 11:20:59 am »
it doesn't annoy him because he hates Hamilton and Max wasn't the best driver because he actually lost the title in the last race. It was fixed to let him win.

How was it fixed? That would means it's premeditated. So Masi waited for a safety car a few laps to the end, so who else was in on the fix? Williams? Why not punish Lewis for running wide earlier in the race? Your little fix argument doesn't add up. There's far better ways to fix a championship than wait a few laps to the end so it all comes together.

I don't hate Hamilton, your so hung up on people hating him because they have a different opinion or prefer another driver. It's completely irrational.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 11:22:55 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 9, 2022, 11:22:11 am »
Look up how many racing laps he led last season compared to everyone else. He's a worthy champion.

Having said that, the end of the season was a farce, masi is out of his depth and should be binned.

Mate I love reading your posts....but he's not.

If he led every lap of every race, but then kept binning it on the last lap he's not a worthy champion. He got himself to an incredible position when the Red Bull looked stronger and then when the Merc pulled it back, he dropped like a brick. I think in a lot of sports, the cream rises when it really matters. Hamilton was winning the last four races in a row to win the title. This wasn't Liverpool Vs Man City in 18/19 where both teams would be worthy champions. This was Liverpool Vs Man City in 18/19 but Liverpool are then told points won against teams starting with W on the last day count double.

And the way he (and his entourage) conducts himself doesn't scream to me worthy champion either

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 9, 2022, 11:34:21 am »
Anyway in current news and rumours Ferrari are confident they've achieved engine parity with Mercedes & Red Bull, no degradation after 4/5 race distances tested. Obviously this is only measured against last year's Honda Merc engines so if they've made another step then Ferrari will be down, although this also takes into account the ethanol and recovery of bhp lost.

https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/status/1491073846027247617?s=20&t=74jTof6zrESrXmBp3lM53Q

Also Red Bull car launch today but I don't see it being that interesting aside from the livery choices.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 11:40:56 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 9, 2022, 05:54:38 pm »
Over the course of the season he had more wins as well as more DNF's. He was voted driver of the year by Autosport.

Except without being handed the last race, they had an equal number of wins, he would have had more podiums though and as far as the driver of the year vote, is there any doubt that in a close championship they would give it to whoever got the title?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #110 on: February 9, 2022, 06:06:41 pm »
New red bull has dropped.  https://twitter.com/f1/status/1491470783239053314?s=21

Can’t see anything at all of the back end, but from what we can see it doesn't look much different from the mock ups.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Decomposing Composer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #111 on: February 9, 2022, 06:35:50 pm »
The way Verstappen won the last race left a bit of a bad taste for me which in my view tainted his title. I reluctantly accepted that maybe this is the way F1 is, sometimes good/bad luck and or questionable decisions by the stewards or race director can completely change the results. It's just a parcel of the game.

Now with the release of this radio message between Red Bull's Jonathan Wheatley and Masi it is hard not to think there is something really rotten here. How can Masi listen to Wheatley suggest to him how to restart the race and then say "understood". He then makes a decision to restart the race exactly how it was suggested to him, even if it was something that was never done before. Then when Toto tells him that this wasn't right he replies to him "this is a motor race ". The exact same line Wheatley used in their exchange.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 06:38:41 pm by Decomposing Composer »
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good, is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 9, 2022, 06:57:30 pm »
Said it then and say it now. The incompetent boob made it up as he went along

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 9, 2022, 06:58:12 pm »
Wow

https://twitter.com/F1_Jordan/status/1491184614345707520?s=20&t=vJXIHYGCEwwEU-RJI5MvfA

How can anyone take Max as the champion seriously.
He shouldn't have won it as he did but he was leading for most of the season and had a brilliant year, as did your boy Lewis. Wasn't exactly just some random fella they handed the trophy to on the last day just for showing up.
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 9, 2022, 07:03:24 pm »
Anyway in current news and rumours Ferrari are confident they've achieved engine parity with Mercedes & Red Bull, no degradation after 4/5 race distances tested. Obviously this is only measured against last year's Honda Merc engines so if they've made another step then Ferrari will be down, although this also takes into account the ethanol and recovery of bhp lost.

https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/status/1491073846027247617?s=20&t=74jTof6zrESrXmBp3lM53Q

Also Red Bull car launch today but I don't see it being that interesting aside from the livery choices.
Interesting that. They came on pretty strong towards the end and Sainz will be more settled for this year too. Hopefully it'll be a part of a more level playing field.
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 9, 2022, 07:05:18 pm »
Said it then and say it now. The incompetent boob made it up as he went along
He wilted to the pressure from Merc and Red Bull much too often and the decision in the last race was just outrageous. Not sure personally what the best course of action should be -- whether they replace him, add better people around him or buffer between him and the teams but they have to do something.
Stan Laurel

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #116 on: February 9, 2022, 11:09:51 pm »

That's not actually even Jonathan Wheatley's point is it? He's saying that the cars un-lapping themselves don't need to catch the back of the pack; Masi's cock-up was in pretty-much inexplicably releasing only a small number of the cars.

For what it's worth, I don't think Masi is in any way corrupt - think he buckled under pressure at probably the pressure-peak of his career, amidst worse-case scenario circumstances on a global stage. Made a big mistake and should be given more support moving forwards, for me. Had the incident happened or been cleared a lap earlier (which, it obviously didn't) with all unlapped cars being released, it'd all have still looked a bit of a mess but without the furore.

This is usually my role in the thread ;D

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2022, 12:01:22 am »
Mate I love reading your posts....

does your nurse know you're out in public?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2022, 01:20:36 am »
I don't think the video release is anything new in that we all know Masi just made up what he was doing on the spot. The fact that RB gave him the idea to do it doesn't change that. Is there a sport where the refs don't get badgered by the contestants? I honestly can't think of one. So to say that it's not fair that Masi had the teams in his ear is bullshit, that's the way it is in all sports. He still has to make a decision that is consistent with the rules of the game, he didn't and there's no amount of spin that can change that. So to say Max earned anything is just a joke, he got handed a decision that shouldn't have been made and that's that.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2022, 08:02:37 am »
That recording showed what realistically we knew, Masi made a ridiculous decision based on lobbying from Red Bull. Team principals were allowed too much leeway last season but it doesn't absolve Masi from being incompetent. He completely disregarded previously accepted procedures and whether intentionally or not handed the championship to Verstappen.

The FIA "investigating" this after having the recordings for 2 months is a farce. Nothing will be done because they got what they wanted, a new champion to spice things up and massive publicity.

Verstappen will always have an asterix over this championship win to many including myself, and him running around with gold helmet and no.1 car number all screams "look at me".

That said the 2022 season is looming and hopefully we have a more even field because I was sick of the Hamilton /Verstappen battles. Until Verstappen learns to drive fairly it's just a joke.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close