Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 61854 times)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #200 on: August 9, 2022, 05:02:33 pm »
Americans using fahrenheit and the MM/DD/YYYY format. Will always puzzle and annoy me at the same time.

I still have brain farts on the month/day thing!

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #201 on: August 9, 2022, 06:07:43 pm »
Gender reveals

Stag do's who have a dwarf handcuffed to the groom

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #202 on: August 9, 2022, 06:10:48 pm »
Gender reveals

Over weight girls on a hen do with a blow up doll.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 9, 2022, 06:15:56 pm »
jesus christ.  that happens???

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #204 on: August 9, 2022, 07:51:23 pm »
pineapple on pizza. weirdos.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 9, 2022, 07:59:45 pm »
Ham, pineapple and jalapeno makes a great pizza. Sweet, salty, spicy - it's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 9, 2022, 08:02:41 pm »
Ham, pineapple and jalapeno makes a great pizza. Sweet, salty, spicy - it's like there's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited.

I'll politely decline the invite.

You've somehow managed to make the ham & pineapple pizza even more weird.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 9, 2022, 09:28:16 pm »
People who find having pineapple on a pizza, which is the best topping a pizza can have, weird.

I've tried banana a few times as well. Not quite as good but it still works.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #208 on: August 9, 2022, 09:47:31 pm »
Gender reveals

Oh God, this. I'm also not keen on people announcing their baby's name when it's barely the size of a bean. Maybe I am just old, it seems a fairly recent thing but I just feel a bit weird and superstitious about stuff like that. Waiting till it's born is just fine.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2022, 12:31:36 pm »
People that want to have their lunch break indoors on a nice summer day like this.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2022, 12:33:24 pm »
Oh God, this. I'm also not keen on people announcing their baby's name when it's barely the size of a bean. Maybe I am just old, it seems a fairly recent thing but I just feel a bit weird and superstitious about stuff like that. Waiting till it's born is just fine.

Fleur Ananda Joy didn't have a name until she was three weeks old.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2022, 10:44:23 pm »
Fleur Ananda Joy didn't have a name until she was three weeks old.
I find it weird that I haven't seen you post for ages  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2022, 11:32:57 pm »

Papa Johns (I'm not proud) recently had a pizza called the Bee Sting, which had peperoni, small hot chilli peppers and honey. I added pineapple to that.

And on a similar theme, you can put pineapple in chilli, which I started doing after finding this:

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2022, 03:32:13 am »
Papa Johns (I'm not proud) recently had a pizza called the Bee Sting, which had peperoni, small hot chilli peppers and honey. I added pineapple to that.

And on a similar theme, you can put pineapple in chilli, which I started doing after finding this:

Is that made by Diaz's nan?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2022, 12:15:23 pm »
I find it weird that I haven't seen you post for ages  :wave

I posted in the Paris thread about a week ago  ;)
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2022, 09:57:31 am »
At work when people stay sitting at their desks for their lunch. Especially when it’s lovely weather. I’ll concede sometimes I’m bad for not taking a proper lunch break but I usually try and walk down to the docks or at least into town to get a chore done on lunch. Though I appreciate many don’t get a paid lunch hour, we do at my company. Why sit there for 8 hours straight where the only movement you do is to piss or get your lunch from the fridge.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2022, 05:01:06 pm »
People watching Abu Dhabi's games and getting depressed over the result. Especially on a day like this, very weird behaviour.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2022, 05:03:16 pm »
At work when people stay sitting at their desks for their lunch. Especially when it’s lovely weather. I’ll concede sometimes I’m bad for not taking a proper lunch break but I usually try and walk down to the docks or at least into town to get a chore done on lunch. Though I appreciate many don’t get a paid lunch hour, we do at my company. Why sit there for 8 hours straight where the only movement you do is to piss or get your lunch from the fridge.
Ha used to get this at my last job. I'd go out for lunch every day without fail and my co-worker would ask "what's weather like out" then proceed to sit on his arse all day.

Also people who stay behind every single day after work. Presumably to give the impression they're really dedicated to their job.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 06:50:00 pm by I've been a good boy. »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2022, 05:13:06 pm »
I much prefer to see men in slider type sandals with shorts than socks and trainers.....that's just weird although trainers without socks or the ones you can't see is ok. 

Black socks halfway up the calf with shorts and trainers is just 🤮

BLACK socks with trainers?

no wonder these people ain't in science for a living

you can get nice low-scooped white ankle socks for low trainers that meet the trainer line - not "up the calf", no, just for the interior

I mean if you're looking at - haha - footballers for "style" you're dangerously subversive anyway and should be locked up as you're a clone. Love our Mo etc. but get some fucking priorities

people are bad with feet though.

one thing I saw today, three pals - two of these lads dressed IDENTICAL. not a kit, just like.. same shitty textured Tesco Extra tee or whatever, shorts matched, same shoes - if you're fuckin that's alright but you still don't have to match?

wtf??? fuckin losers - so scared to not fit in waaaaaaaaaah sniffle booohooo awwwww diddums fuckin planks. Those are my enemy - STYLE, deep breath now folks, EXISTS

dressin like your mate - fuck off, even bridesmaids hate doin this
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 05:17:11 pm by ToneLa »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2022, 05:54:48 pm »
Maybe they were twins and have always had 241 offers on clothes.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #220 on: August 13, 2022, 10:29:14 pm »

you can get nice low-scooped white ankle socks for low trainers that meet the trainer line - not "up the calf", no, just for the interior

I mean if you're looking at - haha - footballers for "style" you're dangerously subversive anyway and should be locked up as you're a clone. Love our Mo etc. but get some fucking priorities

one thing I saw today, three pals - two of these lads dressed IDENTICAL. not a kit, just like.. same shitty textured Tesco Extra tee or whatever, shorts matched, same shoes - if you're fuckin that's alright but you still don't have to match?

wtf??? fuckin losers - so scared to not fit in waaaaaaaaaah sniffle booohooo awwwww diddums fuckin planks. Those are my enemy - STYLE, deep breath now folks, EXISTS

Our crew all dressed the same...
Black 3 stripe Adidas trainers, black drainpipe jeans, black Harrington jackets... Fuck everyone who didn't  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2022, 01:23:15 pm »

Agreed on all counts - and while we are talking socks, people who wear white ones with dress shoes!

I don't get the sock halfway up the calf thing either and you can bet a pound to a penny they will have a roadman bag to go along with it.

These are the weirdos who would go abroad on holiday and all they want for dinner is chicken and chips washing down with a pint of Carling.

Take it one step worse and you see people hanging around all wearing the same outfit but in different colours - look like the god damn Power Rangers in that shit

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2022, 05:56:40 pm »
Must say I've never really considered that there might be a grammar of socks. This will need some thought...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 15, 2022, 06:26:59 pm »
I actually find people who wear white socks weird. Same as white trainers. They just look dirty very quickly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2022, 06:31:04 pm »
I actually find people who wear white socks weird. Same as white trainers. They just look dirty very quickly.
You can, you know, wash them.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2022, 06:31:47 pm »

Showering is a good thing...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2022, 06:40:20 pm »

Yes, but you still see any bit of dirt instantely. Darker colours are just easier.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2022, 06:42:26 pm »
Americans using fahrenheit and the MM/DD/YYYY format. Will always puzzle and annoy me at the same time.

whats weird is that I like Farenheit for when it warm, thinking that 70's and 80's is a nice day

but for cold I like centigrade with everything referenced to 0C

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2022, 06:46:40 pm »
Yes, but you still see any bit of dirt instantely. Darker colours are just easier.

Even when washed you just get a shade of grey, not pristine white.

You could always blanco them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blanco_(compound)

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2022, 12:45:46 pm »
I find it weird that Edinburgh, on the east coast of Scotland, is actually situated further west than Liverpool.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2022, 01:56:28 pm »
I find it weird that many people have a hard time believeing that Windsor, the closest Canadian city to Detroit, is actually south of Detroit.

Online Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2022, 09:23:17 pm »
I moved to Plymouth over twenty years ago and I always find it weird that although most of the blokes I work with support Argyle they all have a Prem team , how can you support two teams , weirdo’s  :duh :duh :duh
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2022, 10:10:12 pm »
Diego Maradona has never won the Ballon D'or.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2022, 10:17:34 pm »

Can’t see that changing.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2022, 10:20:24 pm »

This could be awkward, but...  :-\

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2022, 10:22:05 pm »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2022, 10:25:08 pm »

Don’t think he was eligible in his playing days though. Was just a European award originally wasn’t it? George Weah I think was the first non European to win it (ignoring Di Stefano) so the rules must have changed around then.

Igor Belanov won in 1986 with Lineker second!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2022, 10:28:48 pm »
Don’t think he was eligible in his playing days though. Was just a European award originally wasn’t it? George Weah I think was the first non European to win it (ignoring Di Stefano) so the rules must have changed around then.

Igor Belanov won in 1986 with Lineker second!

I didnt know that.  Explains a lot.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2022, 10:45:38 pm »
whats weird is that I like Farenheit for when it warm, thinking that 70's and 80's is a nice day

but for cold I like centigrade with everything referenced to 0C

im exactly the same

C doesn't nail warm temps for me, only ballparks it, F nails it

reverse is true when dealing with cold temps
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2022, 03:08:34 pm »
Fahrenheit.