Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 146761 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #80 on: April 6, 2020, 06:00:57 pm »
no I never, I merely lent more dignity to your snidey fan boy rhetorical question, feckin belter with your boyfriend confused by handset' just wow [emoji23]

It’s not the 1980s mate it’s 2020 they are called pads or controllers.

Your welcome.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 6, 2020, 07:13:49 pm »
The xbox remote makes my hands hurt after a while plus the d pad is utter shite, PS4 remote is miles better

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: April 6, 2020, 07:19:57 pm »
The xbox remote makes my hands hurt after a while plus the d pad is utter shite, PS4 remote is miles better

;D

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 7, 2020, 01:31:34 am »
The Xbox clicker is definitely better than playstations tbf.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: April 7, 2020, 08:31:30 am »
I like both. I know we live in a world where that isn't allowed like. Also the switch Pro is nice to hold too.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 7, 2020, 09:45:46 am »
"One simply cannot abide these newfangled joysticks"
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #86 on: April 7, 2020, 12:44:40 pm »
I like both. I know we live in a world where that isn't allowed like. Also the switch Pro is nice to hold too.
Aye, I like both too.  Have preferred the Xbox controller historically (and still think it's the best ever) but I play COD and Destiny on my PS4 and I now prefer the DS4 for first person shooters.  Think it's maybe the lower travel on the triggers, maybe the thumbstick placements too.  Just feels better.

Still prefer the Xbox controller for other games, mainly RPG's and certainly for football games.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 7, 2020, 12:56:38 pm »
The Pro handset for the switch is boss like.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 7, 2020, 07:21:44 pm »
Best handset ever is the RAZR, loved playing snake on that.

(honestly I've never had a problem with any controller, except the Wiimote for proper games)
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 7, 2020, 09:28:39 pm »
Xbox make the best controllers, although from what I've played the PS4 is very good and a massive improvement on anything they've done before. I just can't do the thumbstick layout, it's so wrong. My thumbs don't want to be in that position at all

As for the consoles themselves, I'm excited to see what they both bring. Xbox SX is going to be a beast, PS5 not as powerful but should eliminate loading and change level design on PS exclusives. Going to be interesting

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 7, 2020, 09:43:42 pm »
Official controller called the DualSense

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 7, 2020, 10:03:04 pm »

Looks good.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 7, 2020, 10:07:04 pm »
It looks terrible to me, but I think that's just because of the white. I'm only likely to get a PS5 1-2 years down the road anyway so it shouldn't be too hard to get a different colored one then.

This looks much better IMO:

« Last Edit: April 7, 2020, 10:09:04 pm by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 7, 2020, 10:10:37 pm »
PS5 Controller Revealed, Named DualSense with Create Button and Built-in Microphone
Share button replaced

On a random Tuesday evening, Sony has officially revealed the PlayStation 5 controller. It's named the DualSense, features a Create button instead of the PlayStation 4's share functionality, and has a built-in microphone which negates the need for a headset.

Sony confirms that the DualSense will support adaptive triggers while "the sense of touch" appears to play a key part in its design. Blending the colours of black and white together, the PS5 controller will sport a strong, rechargeable battery life while the L2 and R2 triggers have been slightly smoothed. It is also said to be fairly light despite the addition of new features. The light bar actually does make its return, this time positioned on the sides of the touch pad instead of the top. Interestingly, the four face buttons no longer have colours associated with them.

Immersion also plays a large part in the DualSense controller, aided by the implementation of Haptic Feedback. This is a feature which can emulate the tension of a bow pull in Horizon: Zero Dawn or the grittiness or driving a car through mud. This all adds up to "offering game creators the ability to explore how they can heighten that feeling of immersion through our new controller". Even the grips have seen some love, which we assume allows players to get a better feel for the DualSense during tense moments of gameplay.

On the PlayStation Blog, Jim Ryan states: "DualSense marks a radical departure from our previous controller offerings and captures just how strongly we feel about making a generational leap with PS5. The new controller, along with the many innovative features in PS5, will be transformative for games – continuing our mission at PlayStation to push the boundaries of play, now and in the future. To the PlayStation community, I truly want to thank you for sharing this exciting journey with us as we head toward PS5’s launch in Holiday 2020."

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/ps5_controller_revealed_named_dualsense_with_create_button_and_built-in_microphone

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: April 7, 2020, 10:13:03 pm »

Wonder if the actual console will be white then?  White controllers with a black console would be a bit odd.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 7, 2020, 10:19:38 pm »
Wonder if the actual console will be white then?  White controllers with a black console would be a bit odd.

I reckon it’ll be a mix, so mainly white but with black accents.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #96 on: April 7, 2020, 10:22:56 pm »

Be a bit different like with that colour scheme. Wasn’t one of the early X Boxes slightly off white in colour?  Seem to remember one console not being the standard black.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 7, 2020, 10:37:44 pm »
Looks more comfortable and haptic feedback sounds great. Don’t care about the colour.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 7, 2020, 10:59:07 pm »

The PlayStation 1 slim version was white?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 7, 2020, 11:07:04 pm »
The PlayStation 1 slim version was white?

Aye but with the two tone of the controller, they’ll have the console in a matching colourway.

Imagine the PS4 pro with a white top and bottom but a black center, that’s what I reckon it’ll be like.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #100 on: April 7, 2020, 11:15:04 pm »
Controller looks and sounds good although looks different to what I expected. Interested to see the final design of the console now.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #101 on: April 7, 2020, 11:28:52 pm »
Left anolgue stick still in the wrong place and they've kept that pointless touchpad?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 8, 2020, 12:18:59 am »
Like the look of it, ie the shape. Looking forward to trying the haptic feedback. Don't like the two colour tones like that, way too much white.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 8, 2020, 12:48:05 am »
Like the look of it, ie the shape. Looking forward to trying the haptic feedback. Don't like the two colour tones like that, way too much white.

Hopefully there’ll be colour choices.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #104 on: April 8, 2020, 02:36:03 am »
It looks terrible to me, but I think that's just because of the white. I'm only likely to get a PS5 1-2 years down the road anyway so it shouldn't be too hard to get a different colored one then.

This looks much better IMO:

Did you do that?

That looks so much better than the official release. I’m kind of underwhelmed by the design to be honest.

Hopefully the actual console looks a lot nicer. To be honest, other than money the only thing that will stop me getting a PS5 is the PS4. I’ve had so much fun with it and there are plenty of games that I haven’t even played yet. Unless it breaks on me (had it since 2014) it’ll keep me occupied for a while.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 8, 2020, 02:53:28 am »
Did you do that?

That looks so much better than the official release. I’m kind of underwhelmed by the design to be honest.

Hopefully the actual console looks a lot nicer. To be honest, other than money the only thing that will stop me getting a PS5 is the PS4. I’ve had so much fun with it and there are plenty of games that I haven’t even played yet. Unless it breaks on me (had it since 2014) it’ll keep me occupied for a while.

I'll be waiting for an Arkham/GOW/GTA level game that is PS5 exclusive before jumping in.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #106 on: April 8, 2020, 08:10:35 am »
:D

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: April 8, 2020, 09:40:11 am »
Xbox make the best controllers, although from what I've played the PS4 is very good and a massive improvement on anything they've done before. I just can't do the thumbstick layout, it's so wrong. My thumbs don't want to be in that position at all

As for the consoles themselves, I'm excited to see what they both bring. Xbox SX is going to be a beast, PS5 not as powerful but should eliminate loading and change level design on PS exclusives. Going to be interesting
They're both going to be incredible and we'll all be spoiled.

Getting the XSX on launch, just because of my circumstances.  My One is a day One model, so it's ancient.  Needs upgrading.  I have a PS4 Pro, so I can hold off the PS5 longer than I can the Xbox.

Will try to wait for the PS5 Pro before getting one.  Did that with PS4 and it worked well, I only got mine in 2018 but by then I had a load of Sony exclusives that I could dive into, it has been great.

I slightly prefer the Sony exclusive games to the Xbox IPs (notwithstanding the mountain of new studio acquisitions by Xbox), I slightly prefer the Xbox interface, store, download speeds, Gamepass, controller, and more of my mates are on Xbox than PS so it's better (for me) socially - I know one thing, I cannot wait to get stuck into the next gen.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 8, 2020, 09:56:40 am »
Happy to see PS have gone with a more XBox/Switch Pro style controller now. Still have the stupid lightbar, pointless touchpad and the left stick really should have been moved as well but small steps I guess

For those not bothered about it being white, you will be once you've used it for a while. The white Xbox controllers get dirty even for people who clean them regularly and have clean hands

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 8, 2020, 09:59:40 am »
Be sitting next gen out as long as I can. Still not scratched the surface of PS4 Pro, not had time to play any 'grownup' games for ages.

Quite like being way behind, makes it a much cheaper hobby. Don't really play much online so not bothered about missing out on the buzz of new games. Still, I hope they do a good job as I'll be on the lookout for one when PS6 is on the horizon ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #110 on: April 8, 2020, 10:24:16 am »
I've never used an XBox style controller, does the left stick being higher up make much difference?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 8, 2020, 11:02:35 am »
Happy to see PS have gone with a more XBox/Switch Pro style controller now. Still have the stupid lightbar, pointless touchpad and the left stick really should have been moved as well but small steps I guess

For those not bothered about it being white, you will be once you've used it for a while. The white Xbox controllers get dirty even for people who clean them regularly and have clean hands

My 360 pad never got that dirty just noticed the dust more when I hadn't used it for a while. I think the light bar is still needed for tracking with psvr

Hopefully you can turn it off when its not needed this time round. Hurts battery life

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 8, 2020, 11:49:48 am »
I've never used an XBox style controller, does the left stick being higher up make much difference?
For me, not one bit. Just means you have to stretch your thumb an extra cm but otherwise it's a great controller and doesn't give arthritis after few hours like the PS4 controller does.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #113 on: April 8, 2020, 12:22:05 pm »
Can't stand the thumbstick being high up on the left, feels too cramped for me and gives me less precision.

I have the Xbox One, Switch Pro and Dualshock 4 and the Dualshock 4 is miles ahead in comfort. Different for everyone mind you, probably comes down to how people rest their fingers on the trigger/shoulder buttons.

:D

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 8, 2020, 12:43:30 pm »
Never had any problems with any controller through the years to be honest.

Controllers and the design of a console never really factor in to me buying it or not either, it's always about the games.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 8, 2020, 08:46:06 pm »
They've specifically shown that colour scheme for a reason. Look at the colour scheme of the PSVR. Mostly black, white lining with blue lights.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 9, 2020, 02:24:24 pm »
First thought was that it is an xbone controller, the white version looks naff, wouldn't spend any amount of money on that. The black version though, more Sonyesque!

Nice to have a built in mic, haptic touch should be cool to, though hope its implemented better than the steam controller, didn't work for me there. The touch pad looks to have been given more space, yet its just useless oversized map button.

Dualshocks have always been pretty awesome over the years, though the Switch Pro controllers are still the best in my opinion.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2020, 04:51:18 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qC5KtatMcUw&amp;feature=emb_title" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qC5KtatMcUw&amp;feature=emb_title</a>
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2020, 04:56:05 pm »
Just coming here to post that.

Seriously impressive and nothing in that video was pre-rendered, was all running in real-time on a PS5 and being played by someone with a controller.

Personally gutted it’s only a tech demo though! Looks like it’d be a fun game!

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/ps5_unreal_engine_5_gameplay_demo_finally_shows_us_what_next-gen_games_look_like

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2020, 05:07:47 pm »
The fact that it is running on a PS5 is proof enough for me to know that the jump between the current gen and last was tiny compared to this one. The level of detail on the geometry is the kind of improvement I didn't think I'd see so quickly. Not in real time. Even offline renderers use displacements for that sort of stuff. It might be a confined tech demo, but it's still massively impressive.