Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 110465 times)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo NX
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2016, 01:16:32 pm »
This. I think Nintendo make better games than anybody.

However they're their own worst enemy by constantly trying to be different. There's such a thing as too much innovation. Sadly, I think the giant sales of the Wii have probably persuaded them to chase after the next groundbreaking moment.

Everyone stopped playing the Wii after getting bored of motion controls in the first couple of years. That's when I picked one up for cheap and played through Nintendo's own titles. Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess are near-perfect games, the only thing stopping them from being so is their motion controls. That's what annoys me about Nintendo. They get all the basics of gaming absolutely spot on, so everything is intuitive and fun to play. Then it's as if it's all too easy for them, so they have to handicap themselves by introducing some new gimmick.

The Wii-U seemed slightly more conventional than it's predecessor, but it hasn't got it's own version of Mario Galaxy or any trace of a Zelda adventure. Also it was probably the worst marketed mainstream console of all time by a gigantic distance. I've never actually seen one.

They have enough disciples not to care, but I really hope Nintendo can tempt me back into their world.

They're competing against Sony, Microsoft and mobile gaming. What they're doing is incredible, as it's continuing to innovate - look at Sega as a comparison. I haven't had a nintendo console for many years by the way (the last one I bought was the DS and the last 'proper' one was a SNES!). These days actually, I don't play games at all (although VR will probably tempt me). But what they did with Wii was a masterclass as they made themselves a different little niche in the face of the two powerhouses in Xbox and Playstation. They'll probably do it with this too if it's cheap enough compared to Playstation and Xbox.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »
Always been a Nintendo fanboy. Have had every one on release date, the SNES on import as the Super Famicom. My 9 year old daughter loves the Wii U, so it's a given I'll be getting this on release date.

Traveling a fair bit for work now so I'm bang into the portability side of things.

Looking forward to a new Zelda game the most.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2016, 01:46:20 pm »
They'll probably do it with this too if it's cheap enough compared to Playstation and Xbox.
It's currently looking more expensive than both :o ::)

Offline snez1

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »
Brilliant reveal which surprised me.

Still some reservations though:

Power wise will it allow for proper ports of third party franchises that the masses want like COD, FIFA etc?
How terrible will the battery life be?
How much will it cost?
Will the online and UI actually be up to snuff?
Will they finally march into 2007 and allow party chat?
Will it have a viable hard drive that will allow us to download and save more than one or two games at a time?
Will a trophy/achievements system be in place?

Not all of the above will matter to everyone but if they want to sell well then they'd better hope they tick those boxes because the above is what did for the Wii U. Old, inferior ports of Assassin's Creed, FIFA 17 and Black Ops 3 with crappy online, no parties or trophies just won't cut it.

Cautiously optimistic.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:24:46 pm by snez1 »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2016, 02:49:07 pm »
Will it have a viable hard drive that will allow us to download and save more than one or two games at a time?
I thought it was a cartridge/card based system?

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »
It is, but surely it will provide the option of downloading games onto the hard drive? I've seen a hard drive of 32GB rumoured which would be awful given the size of some AAA titles these days.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2016, 03:12:21 pm »
They're competing against Sony, Microsoft and mobile gaming. What they're doing is incredible, as it's continuing to innovate - look at Sega as a comparison. I haven't had a nintendo console for many years by the way (the last one I bought was the DS and the last 'proper' one was a SNES!). These days actually, I don't play games at all (although VR will probably tempt me). But what they did with Wii was a masterclass as they made themselves a different little niche in the face of the two powerhouses in Xbox and Playstation. They'll probably do it with this too if it's cheap enough compared to Playstation and Xbox.

The idea Nintendo have done has already been done by a Chinese company apparently. Obviously they don't have the kind of development Nintendo do.

http://www.aikun.co/index.php?ac=article&at=list&tid=114

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2016, 03:17:06 pm »
It is, but surely it will provide the option of downloading games onto the hard drive? I've seen a hard drive of 32GB rumoured which would be awful given the size of some AAA titles these days.

32gb would be so Nintendo ;D

Think the Wii U was the same, and that was the 'deluxe' version :lmao

I've had to use an external for mine, only problem is it has some issues with saves, for instance Mario Kart crashes every so often and there's one level on PAper Mario I can't play as every time I go to it it crashes. Very weird.

Really hope they've sorted some of their problems with this one, rather than just making a whole load of new ones ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2016, 03:51:20 pm »
Yeah, my Wii U is 32GB. Pitiful.

Latest rumour re the battery is 3 hours maximum. About what I expected.

Hopefully this thing is very affordable.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2016, 04:00:00 pm »
Taking the Wii in a completely different direction was a masterclass, but time will not be kind to it as a gaming platform. It will go down as revolutionary in terms of units sold, but not in terms of quality of games. The majority of games people will remember fondly from it - and the ones that deserve to stand alongside their 360/PS3 counterparts - are all made by Nintendo. And that's also why they can never really be compared to Sega. In terms of mainstream appeal Sega has the Sonic games, and even that's highly debatable. Nintendo churns out classics so there will always be some interest in their consoles.

Unlike the Wii U I think this latest console looks fairly promising. If it launches with Zelda and a Mario game near on the horizon I may very well look into getting it.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2016, 04:45:52 pm »
Re: rumours - no one knows anything so don't be sucked in to all that. The only concrete thing seems to be that it'll ship at two different prices.

After all this time nothing compelling about the Switch came out in any media. No photos, no concrete details apart from its portability and the detachable controllers and nothing about the specs. I think the Tegra information only leaked early by absolute chance.

All we know is that the Wii U was a bit of a shambles for Nintendo and I think we can see from the launch that they have learned some big lessons. The game they showed more than any other in the reveal was Skyrim - by Bethesda. They showed a 2k Basketball game. They showed their own IPs far more fleetingly.

Then, after the reveal, they Tweeted out a massive list of "Partners". Essentially "LOOK AT US WE ARE MAKING GAMES WITH OTHER PEOPLE, HONEST".

Nintendo knows that this console matters possibly more than a release ever has for them. No, they have never built the most powerful systems - not one of their systems bar the NES (which was because it was the only comparable system at the time) has ever dominated other systems in terms of specs, but their games stood alone, pretty much peerless. It's why for example today, even the GameCube is seeing prices rise for its games compared to the Xbox and PS2 whose games appear in lonely charity shop baskets.

But that ground and goodwill towards Nintendo from proper gamers was eroded first by the Wii and then hammered by the Wii U. For every 15 units the Wii sold, the Wii U sold 1. When we say that the Switch *won't* be the next Wii U, it's because Nintendo *can't* let it be the next Wii U.

This thing's going to be absolutely kick ass, I reckon.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2016, 05:29:59 pm »
Taking the Wii in a completely different direction was a masterclass, but time will not be kind to it as a gaming platform. It will go down as revolutionary in terms of units sold, but not in terms of quality of games. The majority of games people will remember fondly from it - and the ones that deserve to stand alongside their 360/PS3 counterparts - are all made by Nintendo. And that's also why they can never really be compared to Sega. In terms of mainstream appeal Sega has the Sonic games, and even that's highly debatable. Nintendo churns out classics so there will always be some interest in their consoles.

Unlike the Wii U I think this latest console looks fairly promising. If it launches with Zelda and a Mario game near on the horizon I may very well look into getting it.

The Wii is kind of seen as 'casual' gaming machine, which it largely was, but there were things like Mad World which was pretty cool, and I know I'm the only one who thinks it but Pro Evo on that was one of my favourite football games ever. The way you could draw in where you wanted players to run to was brilliant.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2016, 05:58:52 pm »
The Wii is kind of seen as 'casual' gaming machine, which it largely was, but there were things like Mad World which was pretty cool, and I know I'm the only one who thinks it but Pro Evo on that was one of my favourite football games ever. The way you could draw in where you wanted players to run to was brilliant.

Agree with Pro evo - awesome control over all players.

Offline snez1

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2016, 07:15:23 pm »
Re: rumours - no one knows anything so don't be sucked in to all that. The only concrete thing seems to be that it'll ship at two different prices.

After all this time nothing compelling about the Switch came out in any media. No photos, no concrete details apart from its portability and the detachable controllers and nothing about the specs. I think the Tegra information only leaked early by absolute chance.

All we know is that the Wii U was a bit of a shambles for Nintendo and I think we can see from the launch that they have learned some big lessons. The game they showed more than any other in the reveal was Skyrim - by Bethesda. They showed a 2k Basketball game. They showed their own IPs far more fleetingly.

Then, after the reveal, they Tweeted out a massive list of "Partners". Essentially "LOOK AT US WE ARE MAKING GAMES WITH OTHER PEOPLE, HONEST".

Nintendo knows that this console matters possibly more than a release ever has for them. No, they have never built the most powerful systems - not one of their systems bar the NES (which was because it was the only comparable system at the time) has ever dominated other systems in terms of specs, but their games stood alone, pretty much peerless. It's why for example today, even the GameCube is seeing prices rise for its games compared to the Xbox and PS2 whose games appear in lonely charity shop baskets.

But that ground and goodwill towards Nintendo from proper gamers was eroded first by the Wii and then hammered by the Wii U. For every 15 units the Wii sold, the Wii U sold 1. When we say that the Switch *won't* be the next Wii U, it's because Nintendo *can't* let it be the next Wii U.

This thing's going to be absolutely kick ass, I reckon.

To be fair Emily Rogers, Eurogamer and Laura Kate Dale had the thing absolutely nailed. So much so that I remember seeing a mock up online based on their leaks that was bang on the money compared to the actual design. Given Rogers had also leaked specs and the chip I'd be very inclined to believe her at this point. It's Dale who says her Ubisoft source claimed 3 hours tops of battery life. Could well be different come launch but I'd say her info is certainly reliable given how spot on she's been so far.

Hopefully all those 3rd parties they've shown off actually make up to date ports for the machine and don't just bail like many of them did after one poor effort on Wii U.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2016, 12:53:31 pm »
Rumours circulating of a 3 hour battery life.

IF it's true then it's a system destroyer IMO.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2016, 01:16:29 pm »
It's currently looking more expensive than both :o ::)

Tablets with the kind of specs you would hope this will have, are pretty damn expensive.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2016, 01:18:02 pm »
Rumours circulating of a 3 hour battery life.

IF it's true then it's a system destroyer IMO.

You're right, but I can't for a minute imagine that Nintendo, who are looking to the future with this console - and knowing that it's going to have a lot of people ditching their DS for it - will let it have anything less than 5 hours battery life. One of the things we know for a fact is that the Switch is nearly as thick as a thumb. Given this makes it thicker than a Surface or a Mac Air I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's a bloody big battery in there.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2016, 01:30:11 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2016, 01:57:41 pm »
Just a bit more on this; the Game Gear should have been one of the most popular portable gaming console in history but Sega allowed the GG to only operate for - if you were lucky - 3 hours on 6AA batteries. It was released at the right time, had the colour screen the Game Boy didn't and had the backlight the GB didn't. Nintendo absolutely destroyed the GG because of the practicality as much as anything.

One of the big issues with the Wii U controller was fannying around charging it after 3 or so hours of gameplay.

The Prototype Tegra chips have apparently been yielding between 5 and 7 hours battery life with a 7-inch screen at 1080p. I suspect we'll get a 720 handset that outputs at 1080p from the dock and gives around 6 hours battery life.

I'll eat an NES controller if the battery is awful.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2016, 02:05:29 pm »
You're right, but I can't for a minute imagine that Nintendo, who are looking to the future with this console - and knowing that it's going to have a lot of people ditching their DS for it - will let it have anything less than 5 hours battery life. One of the things we know for a fact is that the Switch is nearly as thick as a thumb. Given this makes it thicker than a Surface or a Mac Air I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's a bloody big battery in there.
Yeah, 3 hours seems frankly suicidally low, considering the market they're going for with this.

Some top-of-the-range laptops have pretty astonishing battery life nowadays; they'll last more or less an entire day and night performing standard home computing tasks before requiring a recharge, and will give you a good 7 or 8 hours staying power even when running demanding applications, intensive multi-tasking and high-end gaming and the like. While this will be a fraction of the cost of a machine such as that, it is a dedicated on-the-move gaming system, and a proper Nintendo console gen at that, not a handheld afterthought like the PS Vita, as nifty as that little thing is (Sony have pretty much left it to fend for itself, the poor thing).

For me, 6 strong hours of juice seems the ideal bar to aim for when you're gona be releasing absorbing epic adventure games such as the new Zelda and Skyrim for it, and don't forget that kids of a certain age are the main target demographic here, what with the toy-like aesthetics and fun/daft hands-on transformy functions. Kids have all the time in the world, they'll play a game for 10+ hours straight easy, and catch their sleep at school.  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2016, 02:34:32 pm »
Kids have all the time in the world, they'll play a game for 10+ hours straight easy, and catch their sleep at school.  ;D

Lucky bastards ;D

If only we'd had these awesome games back when we were kids, I've just had a flashback to the Famous Five text adventure on the Speccy, fucking hell three days straight trying to get the command correct.

Tell Timmy to drag the boat ashore.

Ask Timmy to help get the boat ashore.

Get Timmy to pull the boat in.

Ask Timmy to drag the boat onto the beach.

Politely cajole Timothy the Dog to assist with the positioning of the aquatic vehicle on the peninsula of Kirrin Island.

Beg with the dog to help pull the boat onto the shore.

Feed Timmy dog biscuits.

Ask Timmy to help you out with-ah, fuck it TELL JULIAN TO FINGER ANN IN A GREGGS DOORWAY

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2016, 02:35:23 pm »
I seen that Zlen  :wave

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2016, 02:51:43 pm »
Lucky bastards ;D

If only we'd had these awesome games back when we were kids, I've just had a flashback to the Famous Five text adventure on the Speccy, fucking hell three days straight trying to get the command correct.

Politely cajole Timothy the Dog to assist with the positioning of the aquatic vehicle on the peninsula of Kirrin Island.

Feed Timmy dog biscuits.

Ask Timmy to help you out with-ah, fuck it TELL JULIAN TO FINGER ANN IN A GREGGS DOORWAY

:lmao :lmao :lmao
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2016, 03:30:00 pm »
I seen that Zlen  :wave

;D Posting without looking.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2016, 03:32:22 pm »
Lucky bastards ;D

Feed Timmy dog biscuits.

;D

I swear I could have learned some vital life-skills and become an actual cosmonaut or something if I hadn't been mashing my eyes and mind for hours at a time trying to get past Haya Oh on Space Harrier on the Master System.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2016, 03:37:42 pm »
;D

I swear I could have learned some vital life-skills and become an actual cosmonaut or something if I hadn't been mashing my eyes and mind for hours at a time trying to get past Haya Oh on Space Harrier on the Master System.

Had Simon the Sorcerer never existed, I'd be well on my way to secretary general of the UN. Convinced about that.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2016, 04:54:41 pm »
Just a bit more on this; the Game Gear should have been one of the most popular portable gaming console in history but Sega allowed the GG to only operate for - if you were lucky - 3 hours on 6AA batteries. It was released at the right time, had the colour screen the Game Boy didn't and had the backlight the GB didn't. Nintendo absolutely destroyed the GG because of the practicality as much as anything.

One of the big issues with the Wii U controller was fannying around charging it after 3 or so hours of gameplay.

The Prototype Tegra chips have apparently been yielding between 5 and 7 hours battery life with a 7-inch screen at 1080p. I suspect we'll get a 720 handset that outputs at 1080p from the dock and gives around 6 hours battery life.

I'll eat an NES controller if the battery is awful.
I think you're spot on there. 720 is more than adequate for a screen that size, plus devs will have their own solutions for resolution and processing power, so 6-7 hours battery isn't a stretch. That's more than enough battery life. I really can't see them releasing the thing with a shit battery.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2016, 08:06:38 pm »
Something I just wondered... Presumably the Switch will run internet apps like Netflix etc. Is there a chance that once you undock the Switch handset that the dock will still work without it? Feels like it would be a bit weird for it to be totally redundant without the Switch itself.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2016, 11:11:31 pm »
Something I just wondered... Presumably the Switch will run internet apps like Netflix etc. Is there a chance that once you undock the Switch handset that the dock will still work without it? Feels like it would be a bit weird for it to be totally redundant without the Switch itself.

I assume you mean would you be able to watch netflix on the tv without the screen being docked?

If that's the case then I doubt it as the dock just acts as a portal for the image to be transferred from screen to TV from what it looks like.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2016, 01:39:28 pm »
I assume you mean would you be able to watch netflix on the tv without the screen being docked?

If that's the case then I doubt it as the dock just acts as a portal for the image to be transferred from screen to TV from what it looks like.
I'm hoping the dock gives some extra processing power so the console can do native or up scaled 4K mate. 720p is perfect for portable gaming but pretty shit for a 2017 machine going up against the pro and the Scorpio. Don't fuck this up Nintendo !! :)
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2016, 05:53:42 pm »
I'm hoping the dock gives some extra processing power so the console can do native or up scaled 4K mate. 720p is perfect for portable gaming but pretty shit for a 2017 machine going up against the pro and the Scorpio. Don't fuck this up Nintendo !! :)

Haven't they already said it's not being made to go up against Sony and Microsoft though?

They never have been that arsed about the console war really, they just want family entertainment instead of a dedicated gaming console.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:54 am »

It'll be interesting to see if it does. I've studied the reveal video loads now and watched as much as I'm humanely able to around it and it just feels odd that they would place the dock in such prominent positions in the lounges for it to essentially become redundant when you remove the switch.

Your partner or kid goes away for a week and takes the switch with them - are you genuinely not going to be able to use the toaster for anything? If I had to make a prediction, the toaster will run an expanded version of the Miitomo app as a kind of launcher screen and I think there'll be options for what the toaster does when the switch is undocked.

If it was just a charging cradle, I can't help but think it would be way smaller.

It will also be interesting to see how you charge the switch when away from the dock. There's some rumour that the toaster charges via wireless (and the switch is held in by magnets) so we may see a charging 'pad'.

My wild prediction is that the switch itself may have a sophisticated 4G system to stream to Twitch or YouTube gaming on the go. Esports and streaming is too big to ignore now and it's going to be an interesting one for Nintendo to resolve given the switch will be undocked more often than not.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2016, 10:10:37 am »
I'm hoping the dock gives some extra processing power so the console can do native or up scaled 4K mate.
Ha ha you need a £2k PC to do that at the minute and you think an under-powered, potable console from Nintendo will manage it ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2016, 11:23:20 am »
You definitely don't need a two grand PC to do 4k.

Agree that Nintendo won't go that route though.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2016, 11:40:46 am »
You definitely don't need a two grand PC to do 4k.

Agree that Nintendo won't go that route though.
£650 for the gpu and £350 ish for the cpu.

That's a grand before you've even thought about mobo, ram, storage, psu, cooling and housing.

I agree that you can do it for less than £2k but it's not far off ;) ;D 8)

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2016, 02:21:51 pm »
£650 for the gpu and £350 ish for the cpu.

That's a grand before you've even thought about mobo, ram, storage, psu, cooling and housing.

I agree that you can do it for less than £2k but it's not far off ;) ;D 8)

Some of us peasants have to put together cheaper builds Titi  ;)

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2016, 03:29:39 pm »
Ha ha you need a £2k PC to do that at the minute and you think an under-powered, potable console from Nintendo will manage it ;D ;D ;D ;D
PS 4 pro will upscale to to 4K I think, obviously not natively but that's not bad for a 350 quid bit of kit.
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2016, 03:48:43 pm »
Some of us peasants have to put together cheaper builds Titi  ;)
I currently have two 1070's in SLI with a cool NVidia SLI bridge that glows. It makes me so happy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Playing TW3 in 4K at 60fps on a 65" TV is the pinnacle of my life! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PS 4 pro will upscale to to 4K I think, obviously not natively but that's not bad for a 350 quid bit of kit.
It's massively impressive!

EDIT: I like Mario and Zelda ;D ;D ;D 8) :wave
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:29:47 pm by Titi Camara's Bald Head »

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2016, 05:23:19 pm »
Great Nintendo chat lads ;)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2016, 09:25:27 pm »
I don't understand that people are still hung up over resolution. 1080p is more than sufficient. You should be more concerned about the actual games and whether or not its worth your time. That's the most important thing. Always was. Always will be.