Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 584395 times)

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spanish Football 2016/2017
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2016, 11:51:10 am »
Paco Jemez sacked from Granada today. Having been to a couple of games this season, I am not surprised.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2016, 11:55:50 am »
Yeah, no surprise. He'll get another job in the not too distant future but his failure to sort a defence will destroy his career if he doesn't go away and think about it.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2016, 12:00:28 pm »
As usual, he was trying to integrate over a dozen loan signings but they were an absolute mess for the most part and showed no signs of improving. Jose Gonzalez did a good job when he came in at the end of last season and is still available, so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back in.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »
Wasn't Paco rumored to get an offer for Spanish NT job? Spain are going England way appointing some questionable quality coaches. Its worse than England because at least they have a number of better Spanish coaches around.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2016, 03:18:34 pm »
Wasn't Paco rumored to get an offer for Spanish NT job? Spain are going England way appointing some questionable quality coaches. Its worse than England because at least they have a number of better Spanish coaches around.

Yes he was, he even had a clause put in his Granada contract that he could leave if they approached him.

He did a great job for a while at Rayo but, as Gerry mentioned, his defensive shortcomings have cost him.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2016, 04:33:09 pm »
Yes he was, he even had a clause put in his Granada contract that he could leave if they approached him.

He did a great job for a while at Rayo but, as Gerry mentioned, his defensive shortcomings have cost him.
I am not sure if Spanish FA have seriously considered and approached a coach like Emery or Rafa Benitez. If they think Pep will reject them for being a Catalan nationalist, fair enough, but Pep is the best there is.

Instead, they consider jokers like Paco Jemez and Lopetegui. These guys haven't achieved anything. It's like Spanish FA see the role of the coach as nothing more than calling a bunch of players in and creating a good atmosphere, that is it. Imagine, Lopetegui goes and gives instructions to Iniesta and Ramos :lmao

Spanish NT has had some of the best players in the world for good decade now. 10 years. And they had a person in charge who was half asleep on the bench for the past 4 years of it (Del Bosque). The guy was ready for retirement long, long ago. In the meantime, Spanish NT has been on an autopilot, and crashed out twice. Yet, instead of making some global conclusions, Spanish FA go with some third rate coaches.

Offline KingOfStrongStyle

• Anny Roader
  • Dub Nation!
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »
I am not sure if Spanish FA have seriously considered and approached a coach like Emery or Rafa Benitez. If they think Pep will reject them for being a Catalan nationalist, fair enough, but Pep is the best there is.

Instead, they consider jokers like Paco Jemez and Lopetegui. These guys haven't achieved anything. It's like Spanish FA see the role of the coach as nothing more than calling a bunch of players in and creating a good atmosphere, that is it. Imagine, Lopetegui goes and gives instructions to Iniesta and Ramos :lmao

Spanish NT has had some of the best players in the world for good decade now. 10 years. And they had a person in charge who was half asleep on the bench for the past 4 years of it (Del Bosque). The guy was ready for retirement long, long ago. In the meantime, Spanish NT has been on an autopilot, and crashed out twice. Yet, instead of making some global conclusions, Spanish FA go with some third rate coaches.
What about Marcelino for Spain, Marcelino did a very good job in his time at Villarreal or even Valverde at Bilbao would of been a good appointment.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2016, 04:44:07 pm »
What about Marcelino for Spain, Marcelino did a very good job in his time at Villarreal or even Valverde at Bilbao would of been a good appointment.
IMO, they are both better than Lopetegui or Jemez. Definitely more proven, and that means something in football.

Spanish NT needs a younger manager full of energy who can motivate and instill some pace in the game. Footballers have been anemic, walking about the pitch aimlessly. Conte's far less talented Italy side showed what it means to have fire in the belly, whereas Del Bosque's sleepy team, yet again, went out. Player by player, there are very few teams who can match Spain, if at all. They need a good manager though.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2016, 05:22:50 pm »
IMO, they are both better than Lopetegui or Jemez. Definitely more proven, and that means something in football.

Spanish NT needs a younger manager full of energy who can motivate and instill some pace in the game. Footballers have been anemic, walking about the pitch aimlessly. Conte's far less talented Italy side showed what it means to have fire in the belly, whereas Del Bosque's sleepy team, yet again, went out. Player by player, there are very few teams who can match Spain, if at all. They need a good manager though.

Although it is a risk, I can see the sense in appointing Lopetegui.

He spent five years as a RFEF man working with the up-and-coming Spanish youth players and won two Euro championships with them. Many of those are now in the senior squad or could be in the future.

The U-19 and U-21 squads that he won the Euros with had the likes of De Gea, Montoya, Illarramendi, Bartra, Koke, Morata, Sarabia, Isco, Moreno, Saul, Muniain, Carvajal and Paco Alcácer amongst others. Seven of those were involved in Lopetegui's first two matches.

There is at least some continuity there - he has won with those players. He might just be the right man to bring the next crop through.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2016, 05:57:55 pm »
Although it is a risk, I can see the sense in appointing Lopetegui.

He spent five years as a RFEF man working with the up-and-coming Spanish youth players and won two Euro championships with them. Many of those are now in the senior squad or could be in the future.

The U-19 and U-21 squads that he won the Euros with had the likes of De Gea, Montoya, Illarramendi, Bartra, Koke, Morata, Sarabia, Isco, Moreno, Saul, Muniain, Carvajal and Paco Alcácer amongst others. Seven of those were involved in Lopetegui's first two matches.

There is at least some continuity there - he has won with those players. He might just be the right man to bring the next crop through.
I watched Spanish youth teams under Lopetegui. But Lopetegui didn't do too well at Porto, and senior football is different. I am just saying, some of Spanish players play for the best clubs under best managers. And they are big stars. Lopetegui seems like a novice, and I am wondering if he will command authority.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2016, 06:05:57 pm »
I watched Spanish youth teams under Lopetegui. But Lopetegui didn't do too well at Porto, and senior football is different. I am just saying, some of Spanish players play for the best clubs under best managers. And they are big stars. Lopetegui seems like a novice, and I am wondering if he will command authority.

Yes, it is a risk but I can see their thinking in appointing him. He has a good relationship with those players and they have won things together.

Of course, senior football is different. But so is club football and international football. Del Bosque was an authority figure but the players had no direction under him. At least this guy has energy and enthiusiasm and a style of play that much of the squad has already been exposed to. Time will tell.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2016, 11:19:11 am »
Latest squad:

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2016, 11:20:46 am »
Not sure about Isco ahead of Marco Asensio. Isco's barely had a look in this season. An extremely strong squad though, as you'd expect.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2016, 12:13:36 pm »
Not sure about Isco ahead of Marco Asensio. Isco's barely had a look in this season. An extremely strong squad though, as you'd expect.

Yes and when you consider the strength of the U-21 squad as well, its quite frightening.

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 1, 2016, 05:55:54 pm »

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 2, 2016, 11:05:04 am »
Ryan Babel came off the bench to score the winner for Depor last night.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 2, 2016, 11:44:49 am »
Absolutely incredible penalty save from Diego Alves. He has a legitimate claim to be one of the best spot kick savers in the World.

Edit; He's saved another one!  :lmao
« Last Edit: October 2, 2016, 12:27:24 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 2, 2016, 12:46:13 pm »
Absolutely incredible penalty save from Diego Alves. He has a legitimate claim to be one of the best spot kick savers in the World.

Edit; He's saved another one!  :lmao

And Atletico the worst penalty takers! Their strike rate is woeful.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 2, 2016, 12:47:59 pm »
Aye, they really are. Griezman missed the first one, and let Gabi take the 2nd one, but still missed. Griezman should stop taking them all together.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 2, 2016, 12:48:22 pm »
And Atletico the worst penalty takers! Their strike rate is woeful.

Surprised Koke hasn't been on penalty taking duty, he has an excellent strike rate. Still the first save today from Griezmann's pen was out the top drawer. Alves saves over 50% of penalties faced and it's not a small sample size either.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 2, 2016, 12:49:42 pm »
Aye, they really are. Griezman missed the first one, and let Gabi take the 2nd one, but still missed. Griezman should stop taking them all together.

Just read on twitter - they have missed 35 of their last 57 pens!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 2, 2016, 12:50:37 pm »
Nice goal from Gameiro to finish the game off.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 2, 2016, 12:50:41 pm »
Argh that was stunning from Gameiro

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 2, 2016, 12:50:59 pm »
Holy shit how can they miss that many.

Gameiro 2-0. Beatiful away kit btw

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 2, 2016, 12:52:16 pm »
Just read on twitter - they have missed 35 of their last 57 pens!

Blimey that's an awful record!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 2, 2016, 12:54:10 pm »
AM now have 14 goals for and 2 against in 7 matches.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 2, 2016, 05:04:03 pm »
Real finished 1-1 at home with Eibar, dropped points. Modric out for a month as well, will be a big miss for them.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #187 on: October 2, 2016, 05:09:44 pm »
Real finished 1-1 at home with Eibar, dropped points. Modric out for a month as well, will be a big miss for them.

Good result for Eibar that away to Real. Up to 8th for them - only 3pts off 3rd place Seville.

You're spot on re Modric - be interesting to who Zidane brings in to the XI to replace him
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 2, 2016, 05:11:28 pm »
Good result for Eibar that away to Real. Up to 8th for them - only 3pts off 3rd place Seville.

You're spot on re Modric - be interesting to who Zidane brings in to the XI to replace him

Well he started with Isco,Kovacic and Kroos in midfield today. None of them can do what Luka does as you know.

Barca are away to Celta Vigo, should be a tough one as well

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 2, 2016, 05:13:17 pm »
Celta battered Barcelona at home last season but I don't expect anything other than a Barcelona win. Celta have had a very slow start and look shite without Nolito.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 2, 2016, 08:13:44 pm »
barca 1-0 down away to celta vigo.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #191 on: October 2, 2016, 08:16:18 pm »
Aspas destroying Pique like a boss.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 2, 2016, 08:16:22 pm »
2-0
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 2, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »
Celta battered Barcelona at home last season but I don't expect anything other than a Barcelona win. Celta have had a very slow start and look shite without Nolito.

And Barcelona trail 2-0. Seems like Celta is becoming a bogey ground for them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 2, 2016, 08:17:18 pm »
Old boy Aspas with a brilliant finish, 2-0. I think he could have been a solid player in England for some other club

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #195 on: October 2, 2016, 08:17:45 pm »

3-0 LOL

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #196 on: October 2, 2016, 08:17:50 pm »
You can always rely on Mathieu for an amateur mistake. 3-0.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 2, 2016, 08:17:59 pm »
3-0
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 2, 2016, 08:18:10 pm »
3-0 Og, Aspas involved again. Barca battered

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 2, 2016, 08:18:15 pm »
Holy moly, Celta had scored just 5 league goals before this game.