Author Topic: James Corden: Oportunistic Shape-Shifting Shitbag  (Read 13335 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
James Corden: Oportunistic Shape-Shifting Shitbag
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:07:27 pm »
Remember James Corden? The annoying twat was everywhere at one point, I couldn't stand him.

Though honestly I've warmed a bit to him, helped with a re-watch of Gavin and Stacey and some other decent understated roles recently.

How did he land this gig? Apparently a really solid first show, be interested to hear what our American RAWKites have to say. That's two British guys hosting late night shows in the US now.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/tvandradioblog/2015/mar/24/james-cordens-late-late-show-debut-witty-inspired-and-horrendously-charming

:D

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
Re: James Corden: Oportunistic Shape-Shifting Shitbag
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 07:29:16 am »
Accidentally caught some of it tonight. He has to pace himself. He was out of breath during his entire monologue, with a lot of jokes about the show getting canceled. Maybe nerves. I watched his pre-recorded bit, which wasn't that funny and switched channels. His band lead is the fantastic Reggie Watts, so he has that going for him. Also he is going against Seth Meyers on NBC, who is a good writer and a wonderful person but has the charisma of a piece of plywood. It is hard to get a good judgement on these shows in the formative stages. Give it a few weeks once the big guests stop showing up.

I still have no clue how he landed the job. He is an absolute unknown here. I only know him through various youtube clips with footballers. Americans for some odd reason drool at the sound of a southern English accent. Possibly that is why he was given a shot. Craig Ferguson was on a fairly popular show in the US prior to getting his hosting job. He had a pretty decent cult following due to his type of comedy and personality, which I highly doubt will cross over with Corden since they seem like complete opposites.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 11:59:30 am »
James Corden is the worst - trying to be like Ricky Gervais and failing. Miserably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41632891/james-corden-apologises-for-weinstein-jokes-at-charity-event
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 12:20:17 pm »
James Corden is the worst - trying to be like Ricky Gervais and failing. Miserably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41632891/james-corden-apologises-for-weinstein-jokes-at-charity-event

As always, Nooruddean Choudry nails it:

Nooruddean‏Verified account @BeardedGenius 3h3 hours ago

Corden is an opportunistic shape-shifting shitbag who'll jump on any cause if it makes him look good. He's an unfunny middle-class twat who made his name playing a 'chav' in lad culture's heyday. Then he went to Hollywood with his crap watered down Ricky Gervais act. Fuck off

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 12:57:44 pm »
Will never comprehend how he's gone over to America and made a career out of it. Fucking incredible. Anyway, hope it's over now, but he can fucking stay over there, the gobshite.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 01:01:17 pm »
As always, Nooruddean Choudry nails it:

Nooruddean‏Verified account @BeardedGenius 3h3 hours ago

Corden is an opportunistic shape-shifting shitbag who'll jump on any cause if it makes him look good. He's an unfunny middle-class twat who made his name playing a 'chav' in lad culture's heyday. Then he went to Hollywood with his crap watered down Ricky Gervais act. Fuck off

This.

Fucking big yard dog.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 02:20:47 pm »
I like him.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 02:51:14 pm »
He made a few jokes, it's what comedians do. Should probably get over it.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 02:53:09 pm »

They were fucking shite jokes and he's not a comedian.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 02:57:13 pm »
They were fucking shite jokes and he's not a comedian.

Who said I was laughing? The faux outrage is boring. He's clearly making jokes at Weinstein's expense.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 03:00:29 pm »
Captain Wanker and his trusty sidekick

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 03:01:30 pm »
Who said I was laughing? The faux outrage is boring. He's clearly making jokes at Weinstein's expense.

He was trying to be edgy and cool but instead came off as an insensitive, unfunny prick. As that tweet above says, he'll jump on any cause to try and get ahead. He's a piece of shit.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 03:03:29 pm »
Yeah he's a c*nt alright.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:36 pm »

I think most posts in here have been about him just being an annoying dick in general, rather than his recent Weinstein 'jokes'. This latest display of his cuntishness is just giving us a new reason to vent.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »
He was trying to be edgy and cool but instead came off as an insensitive, unfunny prick. As that tweet above says, he'll jump on any cause to try and get ahead. He's a piece of shit.

See I just find phrases like he's a "piece of shit" to be completely disproportionate. Harvey Weinstein is a piece of shit. James Corden is an overpaid, reasonably unfunny celebrity. There's loads of them about.

I see him in the same bracket as someone like Jake Humphrey in the sporting world. No idea how they got where they are, and some of the things they come out with irritate me at times, but I'm not going to cry about it.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »
Will never comprehend how he's gone over to America and made a career out of it. Fucking incredible. Anyway, hope it's over now, but he can fucking stay over there, the gobshite.

Like Piers Moron

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 03:14:02 pm »
Cry-arsing about cry-arsing lol

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 03:16:11 pm »
See I just find phrases like he's a "piece of shit" to be completely disproportionate. Harvey Weinstein is a piece of shit. James Corden is an overpaid, reasonably unfunny celebrity. There's loads of them about.

I see him in the same bracket as someone like Jake Humphrey in the sporting world. No idea how they got where they are, and some of the things they come out with irritate me at times, but I'm not going to cry about it.

Like a lot of Premier League managers on the merry go round - offers absolutely nothing but for some reason constantly manages to get work at close to the highest level and get paid millions for providing a very distinct brand of ordinary.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 03:22:27 pm »
Cry-arsing about cry-arsing lol

And I guess that makes this post cry-arsing about cry-arsing about cry-arsing, then?

Moaning about people moaning is pretty valid. Twitter seems to be full of the type of people at work who - inch by inch - suck the life & soul out of your day by moaning about everything and taking offence to everything.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 03:24:42 pm »
No idea how they got where they are, and some of the things they come out with irritate me at times, but I'm not going to cry about it.

Whereas idiots like Mills and Phil Neville have such little self-awareness and exude contemptible arrogance in seeming to believe they're some sort of enlightening oracles of football when in reality their opinions are right down at the bottom of the barrel.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 03:26:31 pm »

They're serious football pundits and in that post I'm judging them on their opinions. If people want to judge James Corden on the quality of his jokes that's fair game. I just don't buy into the hysteria of them being particularly offensive.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »
They're serious football pundits and in that post I'm judging them on their opinions. If people want to judge James Corden on the quality of his jokes that's fair game. I just don't buy into them being particularly offensive.

Maybe don't take it so seriously?  The thread was started by the OP over 2 years ago when he got his chat-show gig and was just recently bumped because of the Weinstein 'jokes'.
Most in here like myself are just calling him out for being the self-righteous unfunny over-rated smarmy twat that he is.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 03:57:52 pm »
thought he was dead there for a minute....ah well
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 04:03:23 pm »
His fat little bloke from England Schtick has been going down well in America, or as Stewart Lee puts it:

"England's loss is America's loss as well!"

I actually think Carpool Karaoke is a good idea, done well. These jokes were terrible though, anyone of 5,000,000 comedians could say a line about Weinstein jerking off into a plant pot. Simply not funny!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 04:04:29 pm »
His fat little bloke from England Schtick

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 04:08:08 pm »
He's the modern day Jonathan Ross. 

Ross rode the wave of the alternative comedians back in the mid 80's and never looked back.  People like Ade Edmondson, Ben Elton and Alexi Sayle (and too many others to name) should be right at the top of Rossy's Xmas card list.

Likewise, James Corduroy rode the 'lad' culture and 'Bantz' wave and is still on it.

What annoys me about the fat dope is that he never would have fucking dared rip the piss out of Harvey Weinstein before all this happened. He would have had his arse shipped out of Hollywood back to whatever Southern shit hole he comes from quicker then he could say "Do the robot Crouchie".

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 07:15:03 pm »
Never liked him at all, fame hungry talentless bell end to put it lightly. Hated it when all my mates were into League of their own & I'd have to sit through it with knob head hosting.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 07:47:50 pm »
Never liked him at all, fame hungry talentless bell end to put it lightly. Hated it when all my mates were into League of their own & I'd have to sit through it with knob head hosting.
You might not like him but you can't say he isn't talented and he definitely isn't like Jonathan Ross.

He wrote and starred in Gavin & Stacey which is one of the best modern sitcoms. He also wrote and starred in Wrong Mans which was pretty good.

He has also won a Tony for his acting on Broadway and a Lawrence Olivier award for his acting in the Westend. He has also won 4 Emmy's.

He gets all the jobs he does because he is a decent interviewer due to the fact he makes his interviewees feel at ease.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:19 pm »
You might not like him but you can't say he isn't talented and he definitely isn't like Jonathan Ross.

Jonathan Ross is talented. Once upon a time he was fresh and innovative (in the UK - he may have been ripping off late night US TV, but it is fresh to these shores).

The phoning in it to interview the people who could not get on Graham Norton that week / people with ITV shows / mates of Cowell, is not how he started out. He may be in the establishment rut now, but it was not always so.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 09:06:08 pm »
This thread is made for Crosby Nick.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 09:07:39 pm »
What is his talent?

Getting paid vast amounts of money.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 09:07:50 pm »
What is his talent?

In the words of Michael Bolton: He's a no talent ass clown.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 09:09:53 pm »
What is his talent?
Superhuman blandness.

I didn't hate the Wrong Mans but Gavin and Stacey is one of the worst comedies I've ever seen, epitomising the decline of British tv comedy as a whole really. He's inoffensive enough, I suppose, but for some reason I find him hugely irritating.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 09:10:55 pm »
Yeah you can. He isn't talented. There.

He’s a dalendless shid who must have some amazing representation to get him the gig in America.

Or maybe there’s just a huge void in US chatshows since Letterman hung up his mic.

His success there is as baffling to me as when Farrage found a platform over there.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:12:37 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 09:15:34 pm »
This thread is made for Crosby Nick.

Whatever happened to that prick?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2017, 09:21:26 pm »
He’s a dalendless shid who must have some amazing representation to get him the gig in America.

Or maybe there’s just a huge void in US chatshows since Letterman hung up his mic.

His success there is as baffling to me as when Farrage found a platform over there.
He started before Letterman retired. He took over from Craig Ferguson. I'm not sure if they just wanted one Brit replacing another or what.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 09:27:37 pm »
The Americans love a British accent. They see him as a cheerful, playful type.

Instant winner.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 09:49:00 pm »
Would watch that George Michael thing on channel 4 if it wasn't for him showing up in that aswell

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2017, 10:23:00 pm »
Would watch that George Michael thing on channel 4 if it wasn't for him showing up in that aswell

He’s been in it for about 1 min or so towards the beginning, haven’t seen him for the last hour so if you jump on to 4+1 now you won’t have to endure him at all!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2017, 10:56:17 pm »
In the world of comedy I don't think there is line to be crossed when it comes to the content of any joke. The problem with his Weinstein jokes the other night is that they just weren't very funny. If it wasn't going to be Corden then another comedian would have been the first make jokes about the whole Weinstein scandal. You might say it was too soon or inappropriate but he wasn't mocking the victims, at least not directly. He was taking the piss out of Weinstein, although I think on the face of it Corden seemed unaware of the seriousness of Harvey's decades of abuse.

On the flipside though I'll laugh at anything if it makes me feel better. I can separate the subject matter and the joke and it doesn't mean I condone the often scandalous or evil thing that is being joked about. I laugh at things I probably shouldn't laugh at but that is just the way I have been brought up. It doesn't mean I'm heartless or don't care. Corden's jokes just weren't funny, another comedian who is actually capable of making people laugh with original content could have took the mantle and made people laugh on the same stage. Corden just isn't very funny in general.

He's an annoying, ubiquitous, arse-kissing lump of shite who should be counting his blessings every night to be where he is. I personally can't stand the sight of him.