Author Topic: Strictly come dancing  (Read 31644 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Strictly come dancing
« Reply #80 on: November 5, 2017, 09:11:31 pm »
Good. He shouldnt even be on it.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #81 on: November 6, 2017, 09:07:18 am »
Good. He shouldnt even be on it.

Fair point I guess but then neither should Alexandra Burke or Debbie McGee and then it wouldn't be very interesting tele watching a load of people be dead shit at dancing.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 6, 2017, 09:35:58 am »
Fair point I guess but then neither should Alexandra Burke or Debbie McGee and then it wouldn't be very interesting tele watching a load of people be dead shit at dancing.

That is the whole point. Then to see which of them actually become good.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 6, 2017, 09:40:35 am »
That is the whole point. Then to see which of them actually become good.

We're still getting that as well though with the likes of that Holby guy, one legged guy and Gemma Atkinson, but they need a few ringers in there.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love if Alexandra Burke went. Can't stand her.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #84 on: November 7, 2017, 07:19:32 am »
What a great moment last night...

A gay woman refers to her wife.... no subcontract, no agenda.. no nothing apart from it being the way it is.

Watching with kids, I thought it was a pivotal moment of acceptance...

I agree entirely.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 7, 2017, 10:59:41 pm »
Fucking Hell, My missus is a big Red like myself but took Aston's eviction worse than the cup semi result against Villa a few seasons ago. And she was actually at the game!!

Don't get me wrong i Like Strictly myself, think its produced really well as looks bloody tough to compete in but I wasn't that arsed the little fella got booted.

I'm just glad Davood and Nadiya are still in as she is absolutely smokin' :lickin

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #86 on: November 7, 2017, 11:25:00 pm »
Is she part owl?

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 7, 2017, 11:36:34 pm »
Is she part owl?

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...come again?

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #88 on: November 8, 2017, 11:58:14 am »

There's a world of difference between doing a few routines in a boy band and having the discipline to dance ballroom properly or some of the latin dances. It may have given him a bit of a head start, but not that much - I would blame Janette really for choreographing such a poor routine - it was nothing like a Viennese waltz.
 I'd agree 100% about Susan's wife being on - it's nice that such a thing can be on prime time Saturday night TV without any problem. I think Susan's great too. She's the type of person who benefits from SCD. A complete non-dancer who progresses.

I don't really like Alexandra - she's too 'X-Factor'y - over emotional and exaggerated.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #89 on: November 8, 2017, 12:04:16 pm »
In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...come again?

Just looks like her head is doing weird things compared to her body in that picture you attached. Maybe she’s also in The Exorcist?!

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #90 on: November 8, 2017, 12:11:06 pm »
Fucking Hell, My missus is a big Red like myself but took Aston's eviction worse than the cup semi result against Villa a few seasons ago. And she was actually at the game!!

Don't get me wrong i Like Strictly myself, think its produced really well as looks bloody tough to compete in but I wasn't that arsed the little fella got booted.

I'm just glad Davood and Nadiya are still in as she is absolutely smokin' :lickin

I stopped watching this once Ola, Kristina and Aliona left. I may have to revisit.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 8, 2017, 04:52:50 pm »
Just looks like her head is doing weird things compared to her body in that picture you attached. Maybe she’s also in The Exorcist?!

Haha yeah see what you mean Nicholas

Thought you were comparing her with Hodge Podge for a minute there!!! :)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #92 on: November 8, 2017, 06:45:10 pm »
Haha yeah see what you mean Nicholas

Thought you were comparing her with Hodge Podge for a minute there!!! :)

Well her methods to translate from the Foxtrot, to the Tango to the Rumba.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 3, 2017, 09:10:02 pm »
Shite result that. Mollie and AJ completely over marked this week. Should have been them going

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 3, 2017, 10:28:11 pm »
I stopped watching this once Ola, Kristina and Aliona left. I may have to revisit.

Casually and thoughtlessly mentioned to the missus I'd seen pictures of that one naked, that got a what the fuck have you been looking at response..
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #95 on: December 4, 2017, 08:46:13 am »
I am guessing the general public arent big fans of that Alexandra Burke? I dont make a habit of watching it but it was on last night and apparently she was in the dance off last week also?

Dont get that, her and McGee have both been professional dancers, so hows that fair against someone who hasnt. Its like Gordon Ramsey being in the Great British Bake Off.

PS  - Claudia Winkleman gets on my fooking nerves big time!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 4, 2017, 09:37:43 am »
I am guessing the general public arent big fans of that Alexandra Burke? I dont make a habit of watching it but it was on last night and apparently she was in the dance off last week also?

Dont get that, her and McGee have both been professional dancers, so hows that fair against someone who hasnt. Its like Gordon Ramsey being in the Great British Bake Off.

PS  - Claudia Winkleman gets on my fooking nerves big time!

I don't think either are professional dancers but both have had significant dance experience. Debbie McGee was a ballet dancer when she was young and Alexandra Burke has been a musical theatre star for the past few years.

My problem with last night was that it's not really in the spirit of the competition for Davood, who's never danced a day in his life prior to this, is getting kicked off after attempting probably the most difficult dance. We're now left with 4 women and 1 man and 3 of those women will have had some dance training in their careers. (Mollie King was a popstar so I'm not having that she'd not had a little bit of training at least)

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #97 on: December 4, 2017, 12:49:40 pm »
I'm guessing that AB is unpopular (a) because of her perceived dance experience and (b) because she comes across as insincere and too 'X-Factor -y'.
 My wife and I both thought that Davood's routine was sensational and expected 4 tens - we were amazed when the judges marked it so low - it shows how little we know about these things! Sorry to see him go out as he was improving week by week.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #98 on: December 4, 2017, 12:56:38 pm »
I'm guessing that AB is unpopular (a) because of her perceived dance experience and (b) because she comes across as insincere and too 'X-Factor -y'.
 My wife and I both thought that Davood's routine was sensational and expected 4 tens - we were amazed when the judges marked it so low - it shows how little we know about these things! Sorry to see him go out as he was improving week by week.

It's laughable though Debbie is the one who has the most experience in dancing, more than AB anyway. Yet she sails through the judges and the public. Strictly is more a popularity show than a dance one now, which is a shame. I feel for Davood, its true its harder on the men, as they have to lead their partners.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 4, 2017, 12:58:41 pm »
Celebrities with dance training of any significant length should not be allowed on.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 5, 2017, 08:30:22 am »
It's laughable though Debbie is the one who has the most experience in dancing, more than AB anyway. Yet she sails through the judges and the public. Strictly is more a popularity show than a dance one now, which is a shame. I feel for Davood, its true its harder on the men, as they have to lead their partners.

They should have separate competitions for the men and women.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2017, 09:15:47 pm »
Popular but slightly surprising result.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »

The right result and well deserved. Glad Alexandra and Debbie didnt win.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2017, 09:19:11 pm »
Called it weeks ago..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2017, 09:20:36 pm »
Fully deserved. Not really surprising as it’s all on the public vote. Neither Alexandra or Debbie  are massively popular with the public and all the Scottish vote that kept Susan Calman in for so long would have voted Joe.

(Not that I was watching like).
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2017, 09:25:15 pm »
Deserved winner of a fantastic series
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2017, 09:42:54 pm »
My dozy missus watched the show then turned over after the last dance had finished as she thought the results were tomorrow, so missed the results  ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2017, 10:52:14 pm »
That final was a terrific couple of hours of entertainment ...hats off to all concerned... and well done Joe..great result
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2017, 05:01:22 pm »
Delighted with the outcome - I was at a concert last night, so recorded the final and spent all morning avoiding the result. Just watched it this afternoon. Fantastic entertainment - brilliant performances all round.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 7, 2018, 08:15:55 pm »
Starts tomorrow then when they all find out who they'll be paired with. Obviously struggling for star names this year as I've never heard of half of them.

Dr Ranj Singh
Stacey Dooley
Ashley Roberts
Katie Piper
Lauren Steadman
Danny John-Jules
Susannah Constantine
Seann Walsh
Graeme Swann
Faye Tozer
Kate Silverton
Lee Ryan
Vick Hope
Charles Venn
Joe Sugg

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #110 on: September 7, 2018, 09:38:35 pm »
Starts tomorrow then when they all find out who they'll be paired with. Obviously struggling for star names this year as I've never heard of half of them.

Dr Ranj Singh - This Morning Doc (never heard of him)
Stacey Dooley - Documentary Reporter?
Ashley Roberts - Pussycat Doll
Katie Piper - Acid burn victim/model
Lauren Steadman - no idea?
Danny John-Jules - Red Dwarf?
Susannah Constantine - Posh clothes knobhead
Seann Walsh - hairy comedian (not Justin Lee Collins)
Graeme Swann - England cricketer
Faye Tozer - Steps?
Kate Silverton - Newsreader
Lee Ryan - Blue singer
Vick Hope - no idea
Charles Venn - no idea
Joe Sugg - no idea

Added some expertise for you there. I need to get out more!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #111 on: September 7, 2018, 09:49:53 pm »

Charles Venn is a medic in Casualty, so Mrs P informs me.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 8, 2018, 09:45:44 am »
We all know who should win:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yn8wWQweNbU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yn8wWQweNbU</a>
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #113 on: September 8, 2018, 09:49:13 am »
I can’t be arsed with all this dancing lark... but the live music they put on on every week is great quality..

So much better than the talent show warbling that seems to be the only other source of live music on mainstream tv,
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #114 on: September 8, 2018, 02:03:48 pm »

Like you pretend not to know if Faye was in Steps.  You're fooling nobody, Nick. Though 'Posh Clothes Knobhead' is a fair description of Susannah.

I swear someone from Blue is on this every year.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #115 on: September 8, 2018, 02:38:54 pm »
We all know who should win:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yn8wWQweNbU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yn8wWQweNbU</a>

Probably will won't he? Wasn't he literally a professional dancer?

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 8, 2018, 03:32:46 pm »
Though 'Posh Clothes Knobhead' is a fair description of Susannah.

I actually prefer Grifters description of her in this classic Rant

"twatting blubber bellied, massive knickered, wankstain, pig faced, family bucket fannied bastard."

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=77574.msg4420324#msg4420324

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #117 on: September 8, 2018, 03:49:43 pm »
I actually prefer Grifters description of her in this classic Rant

"twatting blubber bellied, massive knickered, wankstain, pig faced, family bucket fannied bastard."

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=77574.msg4420324#msg4420324

Haha much better. :D

Surely the Pussycat Doll should go far. Was literally a backing dancer for Shirt Swinger wasn’t she?

And yes Ray, Faye was in Steps but I was more of an H man.

And yes, Glen Ponder and Lazarus are great (as we say every year!)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 8, 2018, 07:41:32 pm »
Had to Google Lauren Steadman, she is a paralympic athlete

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #119 on: September 8, 2018, 07:44:05 pm »
Had to Google Lauren Steadman, she is a paralympic athlete

Oh, one of those “watch the Olympics, can’t be bothered with the Paralympics” types are you Rob? Shame on you.