Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 546885 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #10800 on: November 2, 2021, 06:31:37 pm »
His Dark Materials.

Is there an afterlife?

No

If you had the choice of living forever (and stopping aging at any age you wanted) would you? And if so what age would you stay at?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10801 on: November 2, 2021, 07:50:53 pm »
No chance, fuck living on this planet forever.

In there was an actual purge and all crime was legal for 24 hours, would you go out and do anything?

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10802 on: November 3, 2021, 10:00:18 am »
No, I’d be hunkering down for 24 hours. I think I asked the same question a few days ago and Andy said he’d purge the purgers.

Would you be up for Liverpool having a feeder team under our umbrella in another country, similar to Salzburg and Leipzig?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10803 on: November 3, 2021, 10:33:23 am »
No, I’d be hunkering down for 24 hours. I think I asked the same question a few days ago and Andy said he’d purge the purgers.

Would you be up for Liverpool having a feeder team under our umbrella in another country, similar to Salzburg and Leipzig?

Yeah absolutely. I know there was talk that it was a direction FSG wanted to go, and if other clubs are doing it then why not? I dont think Man City have had particular success doing it, but Leipzig most certainly have. I know we briefly had a 'thing' with Genk back in the 00s and its a shame that wasn't a bigger thing considering some of the players that have come through their academy!

If you had the power of invisibility (as in you could turn it off and on when you want, your clothes and stuff go invisible too) what would be the first three things you do?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10804 on: November 3, 2021, 10:37:58 am »
If you had the power of invisibility (as in you could turn it off and on when you want, your clothes and stuff go invisible too) what would be the first three things you do?

I'd go down to London and repeatedly punch a few MPs in the face during parliament. I'd sit in on a few Klopp training sessions / before & mid-match team talks. Prob sit in on a few important business meetings and buy shares / place bets accordingly.

If you could have one super power, what would it be?

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10805 on: November 4, 2021, 01:27:40 pm »
To be able to fly, at a maximum height of 100ft and speed 40mph.

If you became Prime Minister tomorrow, what's the first three things you'd do pretty much instantly?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10806 on: November 4, 2021, 02:11:33 pm »
To be able to fly, at a maximum height of 100ft and speed 40mph.

If you became Prime Minister tomorrow, what's the first three things you'd do pretty much instantly?
1.Tax the super rich, corporations at 60% and use that money for Housing, Job Growth, Education, High Speed Rail and NHS.

2. Dismantle trident, don't need it with America having such a presence in the UK and Europe and their Nukes scattered all over Europe, the money saved can also go to #1.

3. Quadruple funding for the NHS, pay rises for Nurses.

What team do you fear in the CL and hope to avoid.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10807 on: November 5, 2021, 08:53:57 am »
Good answers, agree with all of that ^

I’m not sure I fear anyone exactly, I wouldn’t want one of the English clubs yet, perhaps.

Have you ever been a big fan of a musician or sportsperson and something they’ve done outside of their sport/art has massively put you off them?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #10808 on: November 5, 2021, 09:06:29 am »
Good answers, agree with all of that ^

I’m not sure I fear anyone exactly, I wouldn’t want one of the English clubs yet, perhaps.

Have you ever been a big fan of a musician or sportsperson and something they’ve done outside of their sport/art has massively put you off them?

wouldn't say big fan, but Reese Witherspoon always had this screen persona of someone nice and wholesome, then some video comes out of her in a drunken traffic stop with her and her boyfriend or husband. he was driving but she is giving the cop all kinds of grief and comes out with 'do you know who I am' to the cop. Can't look at her with anything but disdain now.

what has been your favorite few years of life so far and why

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10809 on: November 5, 2021, 09:14:39 am »
wouldn't say big fan, but Reese Witherspoon always had this screen persona of someone nice and wholesome, then some video comes out of her in a drunken traffic stop with her and her boyfriend or husband. he was driving but she is giving the cop all kinds of grief and comes out with 'do you know who I am' to the cop. Can't look at her with anything but disdain now.

what has been your favorite few years of life so far and why

2006 until now. I met the now wife in the October and then got married in Sept 2007, had two kids in 08 and 10 and have had some fantastic times with them. I've gone through a lot of shit too due to depression and I'd love to go back in time and remove that to have made life easier for the wife and kids, but we're still together as a family so I can't have been that bad. I'd also have liked my Mum to have lived to have seen the wedding and at least the first lad being born.

With the furore over the new John Lewis advert, do you feel like shopping there as a "fuck you" to the racists?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10810 on: November 5, 2021, 01:12:35 pm »
Might buy a few small things here and there but nothing major, I always find them way overpriced. I generally never shop on the high street. Any they sell I can guarantee it's cheaper on Ebay.

How do you think you would have fared if you were born 1000 years ago? With empires like Mongols, Ottoman, Romans etc all ruling the lands?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10811 on: November 5, 2021, 01:27:37 pm »
Might buy a few small things here and there but nothing major, I always find them way overpriced. I generally never shop on the high street. Any they sell I can guarantee it's cheaper on Ebay.

How do you think you would have fared if you were born 1000 years ago? With empires like Mongols, Ottoman, Romans etc all ruling the lands?
I reckon i would have ben a Carpenter or a Goat Herder, so out of danger of any of those Empire conquests abroad, i don't think i would be one to join the Armies.

How did you meet your Other Half
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10812 on: November 6, 2021, 01:23:36 am »
How did you meet your Other Half

Bumble, the dating app. I was living in Brixton at the time (2017) and she grew up in Morden. We met near our works in Covent Garden and just went and got hammered in 4 or 5 pubs, then kissed outside Goodge Street tube for a while. In a couple of weeks we're meeting the florist at the church.

Which actor would play you in a biopic?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10813 on: November 6, 2021, 07:37:51 am »
Bumble, the dating app. I was living in Brixton at the time (2017) and she grew up in Morden. We met near our works in Covent Garden and just went and got hammered in 4 or 5 pubs, then kissed outside Goodge Street tube for a while. In a couple of weeks we're meeting the florist at the church.

Which actor would play you in a biopic?
Arnold Schwarznegger.

Will you be buried or cremated after you die?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10814 on: November 6, 2021, 08:21:37 am »
Arnold Schwarznegger.

Will you be buried or cremated after you die?

Yeah, hopefully not before.

On a scale of 0 to 0, how much do you actually look like Arnie?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10815 on: November 7, 2021, 04:04:11 pm »
Yeah, hopefully not before.

On a scale of 0 to 0, how much do you actually look like Arnie?
1. I've got his belly.

What's your weapon of choice?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10816 on: November 7, 2021, 04:29:18 pm »
1. I've got his belly.

What's your weapon of choice?

If you are excluding guns (mine would be a CZ75 handgun), then a Katana sword, a proper one made by a master.

What's you plans for Christmas Day? We're going out for a meal, just the 4 of us.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10817 on: November 7, 2021, 05:18:12 pm »
What's you plans for Christmas Day? We're going out for a meal, just the 4 of us.

Staying at my in-laws' in South London so probably open presents with our young nieces, have a wander down to the park (they're getting skates) before a massive dinner and loads of wine/ale/Baileys. Been working like a prisoner of war on this project since July so looking forward to two weeks doing nothing.

What's your favourite church/religious building?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10818 on: November 8, 2021, 12:18:04 pm »
Staying at my in-laws' in South London so probably open presents with our young nieces, have a wander down to the park (they're getting skates) before a massive dinner and loads of wine/ale/Baileys. Been working like a prisoner of war on this project since July so looking forward to two weeks doing nothing.

What's your favourite church/religious building?
I have to say from what i've seen on tv and pics (haven't been to Istanbul) but the blue mosque in Istanbul looks stunning.

You can have dinner with five iconic people past or present who's dining with you.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10819 on: November 9, 2021, 09:42:28 am »
I have to say from what i've seen on tv and pics (haven't been to Istanbul) but the blue mosque in Istanbul looks stunning.

You can have dinner with five iconic people past or present who's dining with you.

Muhammad Ali, Robin Williams, Bill Shankly, Jurgen Klopp, and Rory Bremner

Are you going to rush out and buy all your Xmas dinner essentials to avoid panic buyers nicking it all, this becoming a panic buyer yourself?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10820 on: November 9, 2021, 10:47:51 am »
Muhammad Ali, Robin Williams, Bill Shankly, Jurgen Klopp, and Rory Bremner

Are you going to rush out and buy all your Xmas dinner essentials to avoid panic buyers nicking it all, this becoming a panic buyer yourself?

No, we're going out to a local Italian Restaurant for Christmas day. If I was staying home, I wouldn't class it as panic buying, it's pre-planning. I'd only buy what I needed for the days, with no waste. The panic buyers bought when they didn't need to and bought more than they could realistically use, hence the photos of green bins full of uneaten out of date food. If people are calm and just buy what they need and do it over a longer period, there will be no issues - so, knowing the English, expect chaos to make Black Friday look like a tea party ;D

On the subject of Xmas, what day is your tree going up? Do you follow the 12 days thing like my Ma did, or is the end of November OK for you? Ours will go up on the 28th.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2021, 10:49:24 am by rob1966 »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10821 on: November 9, 2021, 10:53:01 am »
We’ve got three birthdays in the family between now and early December so we normally wait for all that to be out of the way before the tree goes up. Reckon around 10th Dec.

What’s the furthest you reckon you could swim in open water?

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10822 on: November 9, 2021, 11:22:43 am »
We’ve got three birthdays in the family between now and early December so we normally wait for all that to be out of the way before the tree goes up. Reckon around 10th Dec.

What’s the furthest you reckon you could swim in open water?
I've swam 5000m in a pool, which is massively different, and I remember doing maybe 1000m in the relatively calm Mediterranean off the coast of Cyprus and being absolutely and completely knackered and weakened, so I don't think much more than that, and infinitely less if the waters were choppy. I remember being in the Indian Ocean between Perth and Rottnest Island, that was debilitatingly tiring keeping myself afloat after I got swept out further than I would like. I was quite scared by it in all honesty, taught me to respect the sea and not overestimate my own capabilities.

What's the best 'new' or up and coming fast food chain? 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10823 on: November 15, 2021, 01:01:09 pm »
Tim Hortons and Taco Bell seem to be popping up everywhere so those two I think. Also maybe Popeye's and Wendy's if it ever makes it up North.

If you won the lottery, would you quit your job and live a life of luxury? Or be modest with your money so you don't run out

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10824 on: November 15, 2021, 01:07:06 pm »
Tim Hortons and Taco Bell seem to be popping up everywhere so those two I think. Also maybe Popeye's and Wendy's if it ever makes it up North.

If you won the lottery, would you quit your job and live a life of luxury? Or be modest with your money so you don't run out
It depends how much, I'd live extremely comfortably and probably start my own small business rather than top work altogether. I'm not a massively 'luxury' person, if I won enough to live lavishly the rest of my life (hopefully got another 60 years) then I'd build my own house on some elevated land overlooking the village I grew up in, purchase a couple of flats in my favourite City's abroad and maybe buy a new car or two. I'd certainly help certain family members and friends out and have a few high end holidays and go travelling. However, I'd spread these activities out over a long time and live fairly humbly, I don't need supercars or 6 star hotels. I sometimes think there'd be more satisfaction in winning the Set for Life than the Euromillions etc.

Ever thought of starting a podcast or Youtube channel?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10825 on: November 28, 2021, 05:31:17 pm »
Wouldn't mind but don't have the time for it.

Do you like your co-workers?

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #10826 on: November 29, 2021, 06:05:01 am »
Mostly ...

Work overseas in construction, so we are ex-pats. This tends to bond people within the project management office, loads of interesting people and intelligent people.

Have you ever seen a UFO?
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10827 on: November 29, 2021, 02:50:39 pm »
No.

Do you snack a lot?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10828 on: November 29, 2021, 03:27:21 pm »
No.

Do you snack a lot?

This, but with snacks.

Do you get excited by opening Christmas presents any more?

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10829 on: November 29, 2021, 03:57:04 pm »
This, but with snacks.

Do you get excited by opening Christmas presents any more?
No in all honesty. I get excited for 10 days off work, with a few meals out with friends and seeing family. Presents are nice but I'd happily exchange not getting any for not having to buy any.

Have you had much snow round your ways?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10830 on: November 29, 2021, 11:02:01 pm »
No in all honesty. I get excited for 10 days off work, with a few meals out with friends and seeing family. Presents are nice but I'd happily exchange not getting any for not having to buy any.

Have you had much snow round your ways?
Loads this morning but seems to have all melted by 4pm.

How much physical pain can you handle? On a scale of minor headache to severely burning yourself while cooking

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10831 on: November 30, 2021, 10:50:12 am »
Loads this morning but seems to have all melted by 4pm.

How much physical pain can you handle? On a scale of minor headache to severely burning yourself while cooking
It's hard to gauge as it's all relative, I feel I've a decent pain threshold in certain ways but have certain areas where I feel pain quite acutely, like when I bang my toes it can be a right fucker. I tend to get on with it, I'm lucky in that I've never had an experience that was unbearably painful, even though I've broken my clavicle, ruptured my acl and mcl etc Worst pain I've ever had was after my knee rupture, certain movements produced a sharp, knife like pain quickly through the knee. That was awful, it was debilitating at times but it wasn't 'I want to die rather than suffer this' bad.

Who is your favourite 'cult hero' player to have played for Liverpool? Players who maybe aren't considered club legends as such but you have a soft spot for or they did something memorable? I'm a big fan of Luis Garcia but maybe he achieved a touch too much with his influence over the 2005 CL and his FA Cup win, so I'd say Maxi Rodriguez. A player we got 6 or 7 years too late.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10832 on: November 30, 2021, 10:44:50 pm »
Who is your favourite 'cult hero' player to have played for Liverpool? Players who maybe aren't considered club legends as such but you have a soft spot for or they did something memorable? I'm a big fan of Luis Garcia but maybe he achieved a touch too much with his influence over the 2005 CL and his FA Cup win, so I'd say Maxi Rodriguez. A player we got 6 or 7 years too late.

Does Dirk Kuyt count? He's maybe my favourite Red of my lifetime, regardless of cult or not. If he doesn't, then Kolo Toure.

What's your favourite TV cooking show?

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10833 on: December 1, 2021, 03:47:33 pm »
Does Dirk Kuyt count? He's maybe my favourite Red of my lifetime, regardless of cult or not. If he doesn't, then Kolo Toure.

Yeah I think Dirky does and he was a favourite of mine too. Seems to have got exponentially more handsome in his retirement, oddly. Didn't win a league or European trophy and wasn't an out and out goalscorer (for us) so yeah I'd say he's a cult hero.

I like Bake Off, but for cooking as opposed to baking I like MasterChef.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10834 on: December 1, 2021, 04:00:56 pm »

Great British Menu.

What's your favourite Youtube channel you just discovered.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10835 on: December 1, 2021, 04:12:51 pm »
I've been watching Beard Meets Food a lot before bed with my partner, she showed me his videos originally. It's this guy who used to be a bodybuilder who's now a competitive eater, from Leeds. I believe he's Number 1 ranked in the UK and Europe and 11th Globally, behind 10 Americans. He goes round the country (sometimes the US and Canada but mainly UK) doing food challenges. He can not only eat obscene amounts, but ridiculously quickly. It's strangely compelling. Sometimes he's given like an hour to eat a huge mound of food and he does it in like 15 minutes. Sometimes it makes you hungry and sometimes it's pretty gross. Entertaining though, despite his naff commentary. Did make me chuckle when he did a video constructing and eating the 'Larry David' sandwich from Curb. It wasn't pretty good.

Have you ever been really good at a sport or activity that isn't mainstream? Not long ago we did this team building thing at work and it turns out I'm shit hot at archery. No compulsion to ever try again like but I was very good.

Online leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #10836 on: December 5, 2021, 02:07:23 am »
I don't know how niche it is but I used to be shit hot at squash when I was in school.

Would you rather be stupid and happy or smart and sad?

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #10837 on: December 5, 2021, 11:07:15 am »
Smart and sad. Probably because I identify with that description a lot more than I do with the other one.

What cross roads in life do you ever look back on that if you choose differently your life would have been different.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10838 on: December 5, 2021, 11:14:02 am »
Smart and sad. Probably because I identify with that description a lot more than I do with the other one.

What cross roads in life do you ever look back on that if you choose differently your life would have been different.

I went travelling after uni with a mate. Took out a working visa for Australia but didn’t use it and we were home after 6 months. I had no job so worked for a couple of months, bought a ticket and went back out there. A month later I met my now wife, so guess that was a pretty big decision!

What’s the most you’ve ever lost it at a Liverpool goal?

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10839 on: December 5, 2021, 08:49:24 pm »
I went travelling after uni with a mate. Took out a working visa for Australia but didn’t use it and we were home after 6 months. I had no job so worked for a couple of months, bought a ticket and went back out there. A month later I met my now wife, so guess that was a pretty big decision!

What’s the most you’ve ever lost it at a Liverpool goal?
Benayoun at Fulham in 2009. I was 16 and listening to the game with a load of reds and my grandad in the local pub. People had started to grumble and moan and then the goal went in. Considering there was no visual stimulus, I just lost it and went apeshit. Euphoric.

What’s your favourite Christmas movie?