The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

New laptop advice

<< < (3/218) > >>

Pheeny:
don't buy a mac...

leighton:

--- Quote from: Graeme on March 30, 2008, 11:02:03 pm ---Why?

The user as already said its not for gaming or anything like that - just for downloading some tunes and browsing the web.  A machine with a Celeron or Sempron processor would suffice.  Neither of these chips suffer from reliability problems.

--- End quote ---

the user could find his way to downloading / encoding video etc. in the future, for the sake of £20 why the hell would you advise a sempron/celeron ?

Gnurglan:

--- Quote from: raz on March 30, 2008, 01:26:25 pm ---Hi.

Am looking to buy a new laptop in the region of £350 and was hoping for some advice on the best possible one to go for. I have had a Dell for the last few years and its worked fine and customer service has always been good, but the laptop itself is too slow and so am looking for a new one- of whatever brand. I like the look of Sony but think they go a bit out of my price range. :)

Thank you to everyone in advance. :)

--- End quote ---

If you're gonna surf and download and little else, I'd look for RAM and weight. Heavy laptops are a pain. RAM is always handy.

Raz:
Just for elimination purposes, which of the Dell models I put above is the better?

justarslan:
http://outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher?target=InventoryPage&action=sort&sortColumn=price_constraint&lob=INSP&sessionID=HwPHnp8m!-186332053!-1966256866!1206931207369#inventoryTable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version