The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

Macbook/Macbook Pro thread

<< < (1205/1262) > >>

CraigDS:
Had an issue with Bluetooth but turned out to be my keyboard dying. Has been fine since I got a new one.

Had an issue with WiFi but turned out to be where the Mac was placed. Was fine when I moved it, was even better when set up Eero in the house.

So no, been fine.

John C:

--- Quote from: red annie on November 30, 2021, 08:10:14 pm ---Haven't had anything repaired by this company. However bought loads of stuff from them and sold stuff to them. Worth an ask, they always come across as highly professional.
https://www.thebookyard.com

--- End quote ---
Meant to say thanks again for this info. They weren't able to repair it due to it being beyond repair, but they were really good in how they handled it and dealt with my daughter. I'd recommend them.

red annie:
I am sorry they couldn't help. We have dealt with them for several years and they do come across as very decent.

PaulF:

--- Quote from: Andy @ Allerton! on January 17, 2022, 10:02:48 am ---Are Apples all a bit flakey?

I've got a work Macbook Pro, a home Macbook Pro, a home Mini Mac and all three suffer from the Bluetooth dropping (usually the mouse), dropping off Wifi, Unable to reconnect to stuff like MS (Without a reboot) and other general problems.

It can't be the one machine as it affects all three regularly.

Two of them keep losing the HDMI connections as well.

Quite annoying

--- End quote ---

I was using an 'old' macbook pro for about a month as an rdp client. HDMI cable and wifi flawless.
(possibly the wifi dropped out, but certainly not the hdmi to the monitor (dongle for hdmi).  If the wifi dropped out it would only have been briefly and once. It was trivial for me to swtich back to my old windows machine, so if there had of been issued I'd have done it.

@Tepid - did your mac to ethernet dongle work ok?

Claire.:

--- Quote from: Andy @ Allerton! on January 17, 2022, 10:02:48 am ---Are Apples all a bit flakey?

I've got a work Macbook Pro, a home Macbook Pro, a home Mini Mac and all three suffer from the Bluetooth dropping (usually the mouse), dropping off Wifi, Unable to reconnect to stuff like MS (Without a reboot) and other general problems.

It can't be the one machine as it affects all three regularly.

Two of them keep losing the HDMI connections as well.

Quite annoying

--- End quote ---

I don't see the issues you describe either, my iMac is on ethernet and the windows machine I use Remote Desktop with is on wifi and it's very stable, not noticed my other Mac dropping wifi and bluetooth... outside of low battery situations, no, but I'm using all apple things with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version