The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

Tech forum Bargain thread

<< < (3/117) > >>

Claire.:

--- Quote from: Bradigor on October  2, 2006, 05:19:46 pm ---Well they got to me :wave

Seriously though. Nidge using the reconditioned section, is it worth getting a macbook from there, when I have the funds. Or is it a dangerous game with something like that?

--- End quote ---

You'll be getting a year AppleCare with the reconditioned one, and then as far as I know, even if you buy a newie you have to extend it after the year if you want anyway, my Mate did anyway and she bought a brand spankingly newie from apple.com about a year and a half ago. Can't see there'd be any difference as regard to buying a new one.

nidgemo:

--- Quote from: Claire. on October  2, 2006, 05:31:31 pm ---You'll be getting a year AppleCare with the reconditioned one, and then as far as I know, even if you buy a newie you have to extend it after the year if you want anyway, my Mate did anyway and she bought a brand spankingly newie from apple.com about a year and a half ago. Can't see there'd be any difference as regard to buying a new one.

--- End quote ---

And that - so you'll get exactly what you get with a new machine, except possibly without the box.

AdamS:
www.novatech.co.uk is pretty good. I just got a 250gig IDE hard drive for about £50 including delivery.

Walshy nMe®:

--- Quote from: nidgemo on October  2, 2006, 04:59:09 pm ---

--- End quote ---

That's bullshit, they have a 1gb Nano for £73, not sure where they got £65 for a 2gb nano from?

kmo1969:

--- Quote from: Bradigor on October  2, 2006, 05:19:46 pm ---Seriously though. Nidge using the reconditioned section, is it worth getting a macbook from there, when I have the funds. Or is it a dangerous game with something like that?

--- End quote ---

Most definitely.  I bought my reconditioned Macbook pro from the apple website in July. Other than the box it came in to say its reconditioned (and a sticker on the underside of the notebook) there wasn't a mark on it.  I'm so pleased I went down this route. I saved at least £500 as the spec I'd bought had been upgraded. Just waiting for the 24inch imac to be in the reconditioned section and I'll be first in the queue - or at least 2nd in line to Nidgemo !!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version