Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic  (Read 324268 times)

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2006, 11:36:08 am »
my favourite films are the godfather trilogy.

:)

good to know your love of Italian football and Corruption comes from such a strong foundation
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline Seesay

• Kopite
  • Yes, I say.
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2006, 11:36:30 am »
In fairness, if you people are basing your opinions on Zlatan from last season you would have the same opinion on every Juventus player. Capello was the only manager in the history of football to win a title with nearly every play off form.

Zlatan is quick, immensely skillful, and always looking for ways to score goals. He would be an excellent purchase by Benitez.
Plum.

Offline Juice

• Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2006, 11:36:38 am »

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a case of those who are fans and those who aren't. But I do think it's a bit naive to just walk blindly behind Rafa, just because it's him that makes the decisions.

He's a fantastic manager, but hasn't every manager had his problems with one person or another? 

Ferguson has had more than his share of trouble with soe of his players past and present. Wenger has too. Benitez didn't like the way Cisse threw a strop against city, and in my opinion Cisse was never focused on the job during his time here, and couldn't be made to focus.

But that's no criticism of Benitez as such. I mean, he's not a psychologist.

But some managers are more able to control these players, and focus their energies on more positive things. Usually the more hard nosed gaffers. That's why I think Allerdyce got much more out of Diouf than we could. Whereas Benitez could get more out of his lads than Allerdyce could, because he's a much better tactician and his philosophy on how the game should be played is more astute.

Put it this way, Rafa could bring Zlatan on board. And would we all just say "ok, I trust his judgement" ? And then maybe Pennant. And what if he brought anelka aswell? Just hypothetically like.

Surely the alarm bells would have to be ringing by then, becuse rather than a potential accident waiting to happen, you've got yourself an almost guaranteed one.

I do trust Rafa, which is why I don't think he'll being in too many of this sort of risky player. I believe that 100%.

But I think it's ridiculous to say that if he did, we should expect no problems because Rafa's judgement is so sound.

His ability to link players together is without question.  But It has not been proven yet what sort of a judge of person he is, and how he fits a squad of personalities together.

It's these questions that are only answered over time. By signing ibrahimovich, Bellamy, and Pennant,  he'd certainly be giving himself a challenge to answer them.

Offline Mart Le Taxi

• Anny Roader
  • Not knowing why, trying to be the voice of reason
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2006, 11:37:54 am »
I originally posted this under the topic discussing the Italian FA situation.

Ballague was one of the guests on BBC 5Lives "Rumour Mill" last Saturday morning. When asked which players he thought Liverpool would sign, he said that Rafa had signed Paletta and with the signing of Agger before considered there would be no more defensive signings to strengthen that area. He then said "what we need is a wide right player and striker and that Rafa is waiting for the situation in Italy, specifically Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet."

He actually used the term "we" meaning

a) Because I am a Liverpool fan or
b) Me and Rafa.

Listening to him when he was talking about it I deffo got the impression it was the latter and that they had discussed it!

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2006, 11:40:46 am »
The idea of having somebody who is both tall with a good touch is an exciting one, but Zlatan isn't the answer.

Can't see Rafa replacing Crouch, who is both tall and has a good touch, after one decent season. Crouch certainly improved as the season went on - i have seen nothing from Zlatan to say he is a massive improvement on Crouch. Taking the World Cup, for instance, Crouch's performances were generally good (especially in the quarter) whereas Zlatan was poxy from start to finish. To blow our budget on him would certainly be a risk.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Juice

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2006, 11:43:15 am »

Has anyone thought that this might be a smokescreen?

I mean, wasn't it rafa himself who said "when we declare an interest in players, then it becomes difficult. It's better to keep things quiet"

Telling Ballague to broadcast who our targets are over the airwaves???  Just doesn't add up does it?

And isn't Kuyt's price supposed to have rocketed?

Zlatan or Kuyt?

2+2=5

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2006, 11:44:56 am »
Maybe he just wants to start a new team, Rafa's Giants.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2006, 11:44:59 am »
In fairness, if you people are basing your opinions on Zlatan from last season you would have the same opinion on every Juventus player. Capello was the only manager in the history of football to win a title with nearly every play off form.

It always helps when the Ref is playing for you as well

Offline lfcmarkus

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2006, 11:45:40 am »
The article linked in the starting post suggest it´s basically a done deal with Inter?

I rate Zlatan as I´ve seen more of him than just last season, he was instrumental his first season in Juve and their attack was based around him. But I´d much much rather have Trez for his efficiency in the box.

Offline elrojoyoda

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dream Team
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2006, 11:48:43 am »
Theres no denying he's got the skills but he can go from one extreme to the other! IMO

It'll be interesting if we do genuinely go for him because as it has been said above - not a player that fits into Rafas mould!

If memory serves me correct - wasn't Houllier once interested in bringing him to Liverpool when he was at Ajax?!
Follow me on Twitter @RojoYoda

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2006, 11:49:14 am »
Can't see Rafa replacing Crouch, who is both tall and has a good touch, after one decent season. Crouch certainly improved as the season went on - i have seen nothing from Zlatan to say he is a massive improvement on Crouch. Taking the World Cup, for instance, Crouch's performances were generally good (especially in the quarter) whereas Zlatan was poxy from start to finish. To blow our budget on him would certainly be a risk.

Ibrahimovich's technical ability is far superior to Crouch's. He is more composed in possession, less rigid and more skillful altogether. Crouch's holding up ability is better than Zlatan's, as is his work-rate - he closes defenders down and makes life difficult for them.

I would prefer Crouch. If Zlatan lived up to his hype and potential however, there would be no contest, with all due respect to Peter.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2006, 11:53:09 am »
I think Allerdyce got much more out of Diouf than we could.

I don't think Bolton got any more out of Diouf than we did. It's just that once in every 10 games is enough for Bolton.
Xerxes MBE

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2006, 11:54:22 am »
Ibrahimovich's technical ability is far superior to Crouch's. He is more composed in possession, less rigid and more skillful altogether. Crouch's holding up ability is better than Zlatan's, as is his work-rate - he closes defenders down and makes life difficult for them.

I would prefer Crouch. If Zlatan lived up to his hype and potential however, there would be no contest, with all due respect to Peter.

Crouch and Zlatan starting upfront together would be an very interesting option

Offline Bossmann

• Anny Roader
  • Fans favourite
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2006, 11:55:38 am »
Zlatan Ibrahimovic would probably develop into one of the top 3 strikers in the world if managed by a coach like Wenger.
His talents is simply unmatched for anyone his size and if he could find his form (and lose a few of those punds he gained last year) he outclasses most strikers in the PL.

Could Benitez bring he best out of him? Well, I don´t know, but considering that we have signed the extremly limited Bellamy (who has a much, much worse attitude) I bet Rafa would take delight in such a challenge.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2006, 11:55:39 am »
I don't think Bolton got any more out of Diouf than we did. It's just that once in every 10 games is enough for Bolton.

diouf got to be the big I am in Bolton - it made he very happy, we just had to tolerate winning the European Cup in his absence

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2006, 11:55:57 am »
How can the Italian national team get relegated? Is there a Serie B World Cup?

;)

alright, mario!!! ease up!!!

rossoneri or however you spell it! where's that baldy fella from gazzetta when u need him?

;)

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2006, 11:56:35 am »
Crouch and Zlatan starting upfront together would be an very interesting option
No, that would be frustrated as hell...

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2006, 11:57:57 am »

Agree on that - but we could also look at the spin that Crouch still has masses of potential - if he can hit and retain top form he will be unplayable and we wouldn't have to risk 10m+ on Zlatan...
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2006, 11:59:55 am »

rossoneri or however you spell it! where's that baldy fella from gazzetta when u need him?

;)

Here I am!!!!!

AC was founded as a Cricket & Football club by an Englishman working for the British Embassy.  AC still retain the English spelling of Milan and an English flag on their badge.......................................:)

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2006, 12:00:16 pm »
Agree on that - but we could also look at the spin that Crouch still has masses of potential - if he can hit and retain top form he will be unplayable and we wouldn't have to risk 10m+ on Zlatan...
Zlatan has one thing that Crouch lack, Flair or ability to do the miracle thing. You can't teach that, you born with it.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2006, 12:01:09 pm »
No, that would be frustrated as hell...

Both holding the ball up for each other - thats entertainment

Be like Argentina in the WC - we'd keep the ball but forget to score goals

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2006, 12:02:36 pm »
3 Pages, 'DUFF MAN SAYS, OH FUCK!'

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2006, 12:03:55 pm »
3 Pages, 'DUFF MAN SAYS, OH FUCK!'

Only 47 more to go for the record :)

Offline lfcmarkus

• Main Stander
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2006, 12:04:53 pm »

Im not sure crouchie has a lot more potential though, his technical ability is fairly limited, he doesn´t shoot very well at all and he´s not quick, last season he managed very well inspite of this, and that´s impressive, but I dont expect a lot more from him.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2006, 12:05:50 pm »
Zlatan has one thing that Crouch lack, Flair or ability to do the miracle thing. You can't teach that, you born with it.

It's all about form, not miracles. You could have Jesus playing up front, but if he's out of form miracles will be in shirt supply. Buying players out of form is dangerous, look at Morientes, and we need to get our major signing spot on this summer. S

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2006, 12:08:38 pm »
It's all about form, not miracles. You could have Jesus playing up front, but if he's out of form miracles will be in shirt supply. Buying players out of form is dangerous, look at Morientes, and we need to get our major signing spot on this summer. S
I think we are talking about the potential here... :P

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2006, 12:10:35 pm »

Who does Jesus play for? 

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2006, 12:11:37 pm »

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2006, 12:11:53 pm »
if it was a straight choice between zlatan and trezeguet it'd be the frenchman for me every time. he's exactly the type of striker we need big, strong natural goalscorer...simple choice really.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2006, 12:12:41 pm »
I certainly wouldn't mind David Trezeguet either. Ballague reckons we are interested in both.

David Trezeguet please.
Y.N.W.A.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2006, 12:13:40 pm »
west brom

Even an in-form Jesus wouldn't of saved them ;)

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2006, 12:16:00 pm »

;)

:lmao
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2006, 12:17:15 pm »
Monterrey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/internationals/a/arellano_38441.stm

I think we should get ZI before Jesus - we need a young player and in all fairness Jesus does turn 2007 at the end of this year

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2006, 12:18:43 pm »
I think we should get ZI before Jesus - we need a young player and in all fairness Jesus does turn 2007 at the end of this year

:D

but Jesus and God up front... that'd scare the shit out of the non believers out there...

Offline RedVash

• Legacy Fan
  • ...through the storm...
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2006, 12:21:18 pm »
No thanks, I just do not rate him.

me too
RED is not a colour.
RED is a way of life.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2006, 12:24:08 pm »
:D

but Jesus and God up front... that'd scare the shit out of the non believers out there...

With Moses parting defenses

Offline Red_of_Heaven

• Boys Pen
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2006, 12:33:52 pm »
would have him in an instant if it was possible, he didnt do badly against un in the CL in 04/05, remember blind panic on my face whenever he got the ball, especially when he hit the post in front of the kop, if i remember we somewhat stuggled to contain the bigman

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2006, 12:39:45 pm »
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Valim

• Anny Roader
  • Glass is nearly always completely empty.
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2006, 12:51:42 pm »
I´ve posted it before. He is the second coming...      of Anelka.

Big, agile, fast, quick. Ball-control, technique, dribbling, flair. The mentality of a spoiled little toddler still on momma´s breast.