Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic  (Read 324009 times)

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2006, 12:41:51 am »
I highly doubt it will happen but if it does it would be brilliant. He's a wonderfully gifted footballer and if Rafa says his mentality is okay, then his mentality is okay.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2006, 12:59:09 am »
Ibrahimovic has had a poor year topped off with his performances in the World Cup but it wasn't that long ago that he was considered one of the best players in Europe. He was class in his first season with Juventus and a long, long way from being 'shite'. Would be interested to see Rafa work with him. Should definitely score more goals but he's only 24 so that can be worked on.

Offline lfcmarkus

• Main Stander
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2006, 01:11:51 am »
Ibrahimovic has had a poor year topped off with his performances in the World Cup but it wasn't that long ago that he was considered one of the best players in Europe. He was class in his first season with Juventus and a long, long way from being 'shite'. Would be interested to see Rafa work with him. Should definitely score more goals but he's only 24 so that can be worked on.

Would be wonderful if we could just leave it at that. Good post.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2006, 04:58:06 am »
Would be wonderful if we could just leave it at that. Good post.
Indeed. The most agreeable thing I've read in here so far.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2006, 08:01:47 am »
is he gonna be happy with the fact he will be squad rotated

Offline montse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2006, 12:07:39 pm »
gabriel marcotti, an italian journo from the times, who seems fairly reliable, does a slot on talk sport and last night said that there was no obvious destinations for zlatan.  he even thought spurs had a chance, his impression is that the mass exodus from juve will mean that some players will have to play in clubs they perhaps would not normally consider.

i know there is a lot of hype about zlatan, and don't know enough about his attitude, but over the few games that i have watche him and kyut , zlatan has impressed me much more [altho i have't been impressed by kyut, so that aint hard].

i did say i have only watched them both on a handful of occasions, so nothing conclusive.
Liverpool, European City of Football, 2005.

Offline philmcevatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2006, 05:19:54 pm »
gabriel marcotti,
Isnt he the pr*ck who slagged liverpool fans off recently regarding the heysel disaster? Saying something along the lines of "Liverpool fans went over and beat juventus fans to death"??

Always thought he was a pompous w*nker who because he is well known gets away with spouting bollocks because, oh look, gabriel marcotti said it, it must be true.
Not only do i think pot should be legalized, it should be mandatory.......... That'd  be a nice world, wouldnt it? Mellow, hungry, quiet f*cked up people everywhere

Life is Just a ride.......

Offline montse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2006, 05:26:01 pm »
Isnt he the pr*ck who slagged liverpool fans off recently regarding the heysel disaster? Saying something along the lines of "Liverpool fans went over and beat juventus fans to death"??

don't know?  would like to know tho.

was quite young when it happened.  did see a documentary about it recently, and it seemed as if there were a few non-lfc? hooligans [one wearing a red england top], who might have been up for trouble.

anyway, as i wasn't there i aint gonna comment, but a day when fans die is terrible.  apart from the shabby facilities and the security being outside the ground, who was to blame?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:35:50 pm by montse »

Offline zebbe

• Boys Pen
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2006, 09:13:48 am »
I´m from the same city as Zlatan and have seen him many times. First off, there are rumours circulating in sweden that Zlatan already signed for Inter. Maybe this isn´t true, but if Inter makes a bid, this will be Zlatans first choice. Inter is Zlatans favourite team, mostly because Ronaldo played there.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2006, 09:57:59 am »
gabriel marcotti, an italian journo from the times, who seems fairly reliable, does a slot on talk sport and last night said that there was no obvious destinations for zlatan.  he even thought spurs had a chance, his impression is that the mass exodus from juve will mean that some players will have to play in clubs they perhaps would not normally consider.

i know there is a lot of hype about zlatan, and don't know enough about his attitude, but over the few games that i have watche him and kyut , zlatan has impressed me much more [altho i have't been impressed by kyut, so that aint hard].

i did say i have only watched them both on a handful of occasions, so nothing conclusive.

It can't have been watching the WC that your referring to because no matter how bad Kuyt was, he wasn't anywhere near Zlatan. The guy had no fucking interest whatsoever where at least Kuyt tried. A gifted footballer but again one of these that seems to think his job is done if he produces a bit of fancy play every 5 games.

Offline king7

• Main Stander
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2006, 10:35:14 am »
According to the swedish paper "Expressen" he's going to Inter. Apparently the deal's been done since january and has nothing to do with the Juve-scandal. The reason for the move is that he's not happy with his pay-check in Torino.

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=633212
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:20:55 am by king7 »

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2006, 10:37:35 am »
The reason for the move is that he's not happy with his pay-check in Milano.
Why he wanna go to Inter Milan if he wasn't happy with Milano's pay-check?

Offline montse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2006, 10:39:30 am »
A gifted footballer but again one of these that seems to think his job is done if he produces a bit of fancy play every 5 games.

consistency, that's my type if player ;)

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2006, 10:41:51 am »
We can play Crouchie the other 4 games ;)

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2006, 11:33:27 am »
Never thought of that, genius!

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2006, 11:36:02 am »
According to the swedish paper "Expressen" he's going to Inter. Apparently the deal's been done since january and has nothing to do with the Juve-scandal. The reason for the move is that he's not happy with his pay-check in Milano.

Couldn't they have just forwarded the Cheque to Turin rather than making him collect it by moving clubs ;)
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline Saracen Salcano

• Would like an identity
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2006, 11:54:52 am »
consistency, that's my type if player ;)

Like Heskey? consistently shit.   ;)
COBRA KAI NEVER DIES

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2006, 10:31:40 pm »
"buzz" says the Zlatan Thread... ;D
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2006, 09:22:29 am »
According to the swedish paper "Expressen" he's going to Inter. Apparently the deal's been done since january and has nothing to do with the Juve-scandal. The reason for the move is that he's not happy with his pay-check in Milano.

Inter will never fucking learn will they? Always buying big names just for the sake of it. Well they'll never win a decent trophy under Moratti and his big fat gob that's for sure.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2006, 11:24:40 am »
Inter will never fucking learn will they? Always buying big names just for the sake of it. Well they'll never win a decent trophy under Moratti and his big fat gob that's for sure.

They will.......1st ever champions by default that im aware of!
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2006, 04:05:05 pm »
Zlatan and bellamy upfront....(with crouch and fowler as respective backups) -  oh dear lord.

hight, skill, strength, lots of fight, pace assists and lots of goals.  that would be some partnership

I highly dount we would get him... but it is a nice thought

Aaah the memories...

Power, pace, technique, goal-scoring, good in the air, skill... exactly what I said about the prospective partnership of Cisse and Morientes(!)

As for Ibrahimovic... no thanks- the way Paul described him earlier just screams out: Stan Collymore. No point in bringing him in if he'll wreck team morale- and he does seem the person that could do that. Now, Trezeguet could be a good signing...
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• Thinks people playing with lego shouldn't throw stones.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2006, 11:05:52 pm »
Aaah the memories...
:lmao

Thanks for sharing in my nostalgia bud :)

I'm sat here smoking a pipe, thinking about the good ol' days

Offline lfcmarkus

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2006, 11:29:52 pm »

As for Ibrahimovic... no thanks- the way Paul described him earlier just screams out: Stan Collymore.

Now this is just getting out of hand, sure he can be a handful, but comparing him to Stan Collymore??? Know this, most of the Zlatan media stories are coming from swedish shit newspaper Aftonbladet, who are trying the best they can to emulate shit uk papers like the s*n. And compared to other swedish players Zlatan is a bit of a troublemaker, but he is no worse than half of premier league, esp. many of the bigger english stars. PL has had many big headed c*nts far worse than him who have still managed to do the job on the pitch. Whats so scary about this man?

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2006, 11:36:49 pm »
Whats so scary about this man?

He is playing in Serie A and he is not English or from Spain.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2006, 05:10:04 am »
He is playing in Serie A and he is not English or from Spain.
Thus he will become a trouble maker here, even he didn't cause any to Capello in two yrs. time at Juve. ::)

Offline Jens from Sweden

• "We havent bid for him and never will. Torres wont come here someone fucking quote me on this"
  • Kopite
  • Momo Sissoko- size does matter
« Reply #225 on: July 16, 2006, 07:31:14 am »
Thus he will become a trouble maker here, even he didn't cause any to Capello in two yrs. time at Juve. ::)

Wrong. He had a fight with Patrik Vieira during a training session.
the more i look at it the more i think with mourihno in charge of us w'd have a better chance of winning the league.
I quoted you so we all can laugh at your foolness.

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 16, 2006, 08:03:24 am »
Had he ever had a fight with Capello though? :P

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2006, 01:46:52 pm »
Had he ever had a fight with Capello though? :P

Who won?

Offline Jens from Sweden

• "We havent bid for him and never will. Torres wont come here someone fucking quote me on this"
  • Kopite
« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2006, 04:12:12 pm »

Who won?
Didn´t get that far. But Zlatan would have, no doubt.
the more i look at it the more i think with mourihno in charge of us w'd have a better chance of winning the league.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2006, 07:09:04 pm »
:lmao

Thanks for sharing in my nostalgia bud :)

I'm sat here smoking a pipe, thinking about the good ol' days

;)

Now this is just getting out of hand, sure he can be a handful, but comparing him to Stan Collymore??? Know this, most of the Zlatan media stories are coming from swedish shit newspaper Aftonbladet, who are trying the best they can to emulate shit uk papers like the s*n. And compared to other swedish players Zlatan is a bit of a troublemaker, but he is no worse than half of premier league, esp. many of the bigger english stars. PL has had many big headed c*nts far worse than him who have still managed to do the job on the pitch. Whats so scary about this man?

He's big. And looks dangerous. Hence scarier.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline SoM

• Main Stander
  • Those were the days my friends!
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2006, 11:15:50 pm »
Well it's surprising that so many of our Swedish posters rate Zlatan ;)
As a swede myself, I would hate to see him sign for us for a number of reasons:

- He is NOT The Liverpool Way. He has stolen a penalty from Kim Källström in the Swedish team and didn't even seem to regret it afterwards. He has a huge ego and loves to be in the spotlight. He has enormous problems with his temper. His agent is one of the dirtiest around. And if you can't handle the, in comparsion kind, Swedish media, I definitely think he'll come in many many conflicts with English media too. He is not a team player, he lacks pace and is far from clinical in the box. High transfer fee and salary. No f*cking way!
Those were the days my friends!

Offline Jens from Sweden

• Kopite
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2006, 08:17:48 pm »
As a swede myself, I would hate to see him sign for us for a number of reasons:

- He is NOT The Liverpool Way. He has stolen a penalty from Kim Källström in the Swedish team and didn't even seem to regret it afterwards. He has a huge ego and loves to be in the spotlight. He has enormous problems with his temper. His agent is one of the dirtiest around. And if you can't handle the, in comparsion kind, Swedish media, I definitely think he'll come in many many conflicts with English media too. He is not a team player, he lacks pace and is far from clinical in the box. High transfer fee and salary. No f*cking way!
Bla bla.. yeah you made your point. I totally disagree. He won´t come here anyway so you happy now?

Offline stevenalonsa

• Legacy Fan
  • my d.o.b. 30.5.85 same as gerrard
« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2006, 08:45:41 pm »
Two swedes fighting out for a swede..Really exciting.. :D

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2006, 08:48:05 pm »
Two swedes fighting out for a swede..Really exciting.. :D

I'd post some decent pics for further thought but they would get deleted

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2006, 10:26:37 pm »
I'd post some decent pics for further thought but they would get deleted
Two root crops fighting over Sven?
Sounds idyllic

Offline calleythered

• no identity anymore...just Archies dad
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • not quite a purple bin, more maroon like....
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2006, 10:47:24 pm »
well, the sales have started. cannavaro and emerson to real madrid 13.7m for them both!
we aplogise for our temporary dip in success however we are pleased to announce that normal service has been resumed.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2006, 11:48:20 pm »
well, the sales have started. cannavaro and emerson to real madrid 13.7m for them both!

bargain even though emerson is shite

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2006, 12:01:16 am »
dont want him even if free

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2006, 12:06:53 am »
dont want him even if free

Who emerson or Zlatan ;D

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2006, 12:25:39 am »
Who emerson or Zlatan ;D

sorry wasn't ready just responding ragefully to the title of thea thread (embarrassing may it be, am losing the title race on my football manager network game with 4 games left so ticked right off) - Ibrahimovic though - just a player i've always disliked for a reason i've never bothered exploring.  Simple as that, gut insticnt, media influence, who knows...just not interested in him as a player of a person.

emerson i have seen player about 10 times in my life, has never stood out too me (perhaps for all the same reasons opposition fans dont appreciate Didi and Momo??) but it seems he comes with a good reputation, however i would much much much rather see my trusty RAWK quartet of Oubina/Zapater/Barton/Hargreaves in red, thank you very much.

sorry for my drunken ramblings/spellages....