The Liverpool FC Forum > Technology and Science

What mobile phone?

<< < (1680/1733) > >>

Crosby Nick:

--- Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on April 21, 2022, 06:52:55 am ---Giff Gaff sell all their phones unlocked so you can pop any sim in there.

--- End quote ---

Cheers mate. My son’s been saving up cash and I was about to order it then thought I’d better double check before we got something we couldn’t use!

owens_2k:

--- Quote from: MBL? on April 14, 2022, 01:18:17 am ---Does she not use a phone for personal use also? I don’t know how old she is but most girls will want to have a phone they can use daily that takes good pictures and video. I don’t know the situation but knowing the budget would really help. Most likely the best suited will be realme or xiaomi. I wouldn’t really recommend going second hand.

--- End quote ---

She has an iPhone 13 for personal use and all that kind of stuff.

--- Quote from: Hedley Lamarr on April 18, 2022, 08:27:22 am ---It isn’t fine for his daughter’s requirements though, he’s already stated it needs to have good battery life.  The S9 didn’t have that on launch, let alone in 2022.  My understanding is his daughter already has a primary phone, the Android will just be for one particular app, not taking photos or social media and the like.

--- End quote ---
Yes this is the situation currently.

I just begrudge shelling out for something with all the bells and whistles when its only battery life and bluetooth that we need.

LOKKO:
How does the phone Insurance work nowadays?

I haven't used it through my bank before, my Huawei p30 pro is smashed to bits will they replace it with a new one or something of similar spec

Hedley Lamarr:

--- Quote from: LOKKO on June 25, 2022, 02:07:58 pm ---How does the phone Insurance work nowadays?

I haven't used it through my bank before, my Huawei p30 pro is smashed to bits will they replace it with a new one or something of similar spec

--- End quote ---

I haven't had to do it for a while, but I have Natwest's insurance.  I had to fill out an online form and then the day after a courier dropped off a refurbished model and took the old one away.  The refurbished phone was as good as new but came in a plain box.

If they haven't got your handset, I think they send out a model of similar spec and price.  There was a £99 excess, but this was six or so years ago so the price is likely to have risen.

Egyptian36:

I highly recommend the Moto G82 5G to anyone looking for a budget phone. I got sick of Samsung Ultra weight so wanted a secondary phone which I can use most of the time and found the Moto for 226$ and after 2 days of use I couldn't be happier. 5000mah battery yet very lightweight and thin, brilliant OLED screen, 5G, stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, very reliable and quick side mounted fingerprint scanner, 3.5 mm audio jack and the software is almost stock Android. You will hate the Chinese companies software after using stock Android.

The cons, you can feel the phone body vibrate when playing audio files because it's plastic and so lightweight.
The screen glass isn't Gorilla glass so you need a good case and screen protector.
Will only get Android 13.
Which is all good considering the price. A brilliant phone to use for 2 to 3 years or as a secondary phone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version