Author Topic: The Pyramids  (Read 74723 times)

Offline Koso_Man

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The Pyramids
« on: March 30, 2007, 07:32:13 pm »
Everyone knows that pyramids were built by aliens.

That's as plausible as any explanation I've heard so far. The
in-fighting among so-called "Egyptologists" regarding the method
of the pyramids' construction is immense. Everyone's got their
own pet theory that they would likely defend unto death. I've
heard them ALL. Some are just goofy while other seem a bit
more possible in terms of manpower, materials, and logistics.

However, I haven't heard a more conclusive and reasonable
theory as "aliens built 'em". Do you really think that's more
laughable than vast hordes of men working 12 hours a day in
the fucking desert for 20 (more) years, constructing with
immense multi-ton pieces (which may have in fact been made
many miles away, mind) a geometrically meaningful and
dimensionally perfect colossal structure, complete with a large
network of internal passages (some of which have not been
discovered yet), and whose geographical locations line up
directly with the constellations ?

What do you think?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: The Pyramids
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:37:08 pm »
They aren't dimensionally perfect in the first place - one of them has a massive kink in the side where they got half way up and found it was unstable.

If you actually stop and think - what is the most primitive possible shape for a building?.... fucking enormous at the bottom going up to a point. Try holding a handfull of dry sand and running it through your fingers... makes a cone doesn't it? The angle of the pile of sand is called the "angle of repose" and is close to the angle of the sides pf the pyramids.

In other words they look like buildings built using very primitive technology - if they were the other way up and made of plastic.... I might believe they were built by aliens....

By the way that also explains why the aztecs and egyptians both built pyramid shaped buildings when they wanted to go high... both were pre-technology cultures and that was the only shape they could use...

Do you think the medieval cathedrals were built by aliens too - I mean, enormous structures made from huge lumps of stone built over centuries not decades using just hand tools - a bit far fetched don't you think?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:42:00 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Koso_Man

• Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:02:13 pm »
Good post.

It also puzzles me how carbon-dating of blocks in the upper reaches of the pyramid suggest they're several hundred years older than those at the bottom. Was the thing built top down?

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:20:41 pm »
Good post.

It also puzzles me how carbon-dating of blocks in the upper reaches of the pyramid suggest they're several hundred years older than those at the bottom. Was the thing built top down?

Surely thats consistent with them being built from the bottom up?
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:36:42 pm »
would love to visit the Pyramids, the only surviving ancient wonder..

intresting artical on how they were built
http://www.rawstory.com/showarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.independent.co.uk%2Fworld%2Fscience_technology%2Farticle2405133.ece

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 10:19:39 pm »
And you say you are having problems getting good weed?

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 10:50:51 pm »
I don't like the pyramids, never been a fan of Birkenhead and the shops in there are crap anyway.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 11:16:26 pm »
Good post.

It's because they wanted the good stones for the top so they chose the smoothest, most weathered bits for the pinnacle.

Wasn't that obvious?

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 11:32:35 pm »
Does anyone remember the dark chocolate ones that were filled with mint creme?

Offline Koso_Man

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 11:33:37 pm »
And you say you are having problems getting good weed?

:)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 12:53:45 am »
I've been into the opened pyramid at Giza - it felt very, very weird.

I've been to Egypt twice (Fully recommend it - amazing place and fantastic people) and have visted many many tombs and temples - and the feeling you get is 'unworldly' and it's strangely humbling - some of these places have been around for 5-8 THOUSAND years.

Amazing.

Recommend it to anyone
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 01:07:49 am »
Fantastic place and well worth the visit.
would love to visit the Pyramids, the only surviving ancient wonder..
Did you know that on 7/7/07 there will be 7 new wonders of the world announced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Seven_Wonders_of_the_World
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 08:46:45 am »
I read abook years ago called 'fingerprints of the gods' or something, it was about this kind of thing. The author was convinced all these ancient monuments such as the pyramids, machu piccu ? , etc, etc, were all either built by aliens or built for aliens.like i said, this was years ago, so my memory of it is quite hazy, it was a very convincing read though.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 10:03:51 am »
Kit from MFI
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 10:07:40 am »
Good post.

It just means they used older materials at the top - if you're quarrying somewhere, the stuff you quarry first (at the top) is newer than the stuff at the bottom, surely?

It makes perfect sense really.  In the grand scheme of geology, a couple of hundred years isn't that far apart.

If you made a table out of wood from a tree planted thirty years ago, and mixed it with timber from a tree planted 300 years ago, it would have two ages as well, but the table would still be 'new' - and not made 300 years ago, or 30 years old.

That's the difference between the age of the materials, and the age of the thing you make out of the materials.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:11:53 am by Rox »
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline LymmRed

• Kopite
  • I'd walk a million miles...
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 11:58:20 am »
I read abook years ago called 'fingerprints of the gods' or something, it was about this kind of thing. The author was convinced all these ancient monuments such as the pyramids, machu piccu ? , etc, etc, were all either built by aliens or built for aliens.like i said, this was years ago, so my memory of it is quite hazy, it was a very convincing read though.

Have read that book as well and very plausible it is too, some very interesting theories

the 'alien' angle though seems very hard to believe, not saying thats not possible though

the scientific evidence though does suggest that that the pyramids are much older than conventional egyptologists originally thought, which is i believe about 3000 years old, more and more scientists are know saying the true age of the structures are nearer to 12000 years, which if true is pretty damn amazing

the one thing about that book that got me thinking, was the chapter about the so called 'Tomb' in the Kings chamber, a granite block that after careful examination had been drilled out with diamond tipped tubular drills! an engineering marvel even by todays technological standards!

so whether it was aliens or some forgotten civilisation, there is definately more to it than what we are led to believe!

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 12:43:17 pm »
I've been into the opened pyramid at Giza - it felt very, very weird.

I've been to Egypt twice (Fully recommend it - amazing place and fantastic people) and have visted many many tombs and temples - and the feeling you get is 'unworldly' and it's strangely humbling - some of these places have been around for 5-8 THOUSAND years.

Amazing.

Recommend it to anyone

Agree with that, was there last month. The sheer antiquity of them is breathtaking.
DAMMIT!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 01:43:14 pm »

Built 70,000 years ago by the Atlanteans.

And geometrically perfect. Actually squares the circle...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 01:45:56 pm by Barney_Rubble »
87:13

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 09:24:01 pm »
 i Pinched a bit ( that had fallen off ), my daughter reckons it's bad Karma  ( lord  Carnarvon and the curse and all that ), but I've neutralised  it 'cause it's in my  lucky  tin with my " liverpool OK" and "jesus was a kopite" badges.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 09:26:06 pm by kavah »

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 09:40:02 pm »
It just means they used older materials at the top - if you're quarrying somewhere, the stuff you quarry first (at the top) is newer than the stuff at the bottom, surely?

Not necessarily. Folds and faults could mean that the older rock ends up above the younger rock in the stratigraphic column.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 10:05:46 pm »
Not necessarily. Folds and faults could mean that the older rock ends up above the younger rock in the stratigraphic column.

Or they could simply have quarried rock in more than one place. You know, old hill, not so old hill...anyone?

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 10:11:34 pm »
Any way you slice it, parts of the pyramid could be THOUSANDS of years older, with no sinister alien influences!
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 10:14:18 pm »
Any way you slice it, parts of the pyramid could be THOUSANDS of years older, with no sinister alien influences!

Oh no, it was clearly aliens. With a very evolved "smooth rock/rough rock" sensibility.

What, you think the aliens would bring the fucking rock with them?

Offline IloveGuinness17

• Knows fuck all about waves...
  • Legacy Fan
  • M.I.A.
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 10:16:19 pm »
Fantastic place and well worth the visit. Did you know that on 7/7/07 there will be 7 new wonders of the world announced.

Where does Stevie G rank in that?
JFT 96-Solidarity

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 10:29:43 pm »
Oh no, it was clearly aliens. With a very evolved "smooth rock/rough rock" sensibility.

Why would they use rock anyway? 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #25 on: April 1, 2007, 12:03:57 am »
Or they could simply have quarried rock in more than one place. You know, old hill, not so old hill...anyone?

Point I was trying to make was that you could quarry in one place and still hit older rock before younger from top to bottom.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #26 on: April 1, 2007, 09:12:17 am »

They might have done if B&Q on Mars had a deal on giant stones.  ;)

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 1, 2007, 03:28:18 pm »
Fantastic place and well worth the visit. Did you know that on 7/7/07 there will be 7 new wonders of the world announced.

interesting shortlist...
i'd have gaudis Sagrada familia in barcelona  there too..
its just an incredible building that makes u go wow...

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 1, 2007, 04:11:22 pm »
Where does Stevie G rank in that?

Better still where does the Kop rake in? In full voice on the european night its far better than the Sydney Opera House, no?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #29 on: April 1, 2007, 07:17:14 pm »
Are you a big Stargate fan by any chance, koso?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 1, 2007, 08:16:19 pm »
stumbled across this bbc article yesterday. a theory that it was built from the inside. at least part of it was. one of the pyramids anyway...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6514155.stm

Offline IloveGuinness17

• Legacy Fan
  • M.I.A.
« Reply #31 on: April 1, 2007, 09:41:45 pm »
So here's the problem.....no one has hard evidence that Aliens actually exist. SO until that little bit is taken care of, that theory is ruled out. However, being an Archaeology student I really must comment that in general we know fuck all about the complex Egyptian society and what sort of inovation actually occured in that time. Furthermore, There is evidence to suggest that the principals of flight and aerodynamics was heavily studied by the Egyptians and may have been put to use in a glyder type fashion. My own thoughts about "Modern civilization" is that for so long we condescended upon "ancient civilizations" and we in fact have probably missed out on hundreds, if not thousands, possibly millions of inovations made by them.
JFT 96-Solidarity

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #32 on: April 2, 2007, 11:14:19 am »
interesting shortlist...
i'd have gaudis Sagrada familia in barcelona  there too..
its just an incredible building that makes u go wow...

They would want to finish it first, though...

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #33 on: April 2, 2007, 11:44:57 am »
However, being an Archaeology student

I'm afraid anyone with any experience of Archaeology students will be aware that you were pissed when you wrote that, as indeed you are when you're reading this and will be when you reply.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #34 on: April 2, 2007, 12:54:15 pm »
I'm afraid anyone with any experience of Archaeology students will be aware that you were pissed when you wrote that, as indeed you are when you're reading this and will be when you reply.

;D ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #35 on: April 2, 2007, 03:46:17 pm »
So here's the problem.....

There is no problem.           :wave

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline IloveGuinness17

• Legacy Fan
  • M.I.A.
« Reply #36 on: April 3, 2007, 02:54:36 am »

More or less stoned
JFT 96-Solidarity

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 3, 2007, 10:52:47 am »
So here's the problem.....no one has hard evidence that Aliens actually exist.
Then what the fuckin hell is this thing then?

Offline johnny red

• Kopite
  • Kenny Dalglish is Cooler Than The Fonz!
    • http://www.liverpoolbuccaneers.co.uk/
« Reply #38 on: April 3, 2007, 03:17:40 pm »
AN UGLY BASTARD.
Clemence,Lawler Lloyd & Lindsey,Heighway,Hughes, & Alun Evans,Smithy,Hall & Little Cally & Big John Toshack will be there IN THE AIR!

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 3, 2007, 03:37:44 pm »

There is no problem.           :wave

There is no spoon, either.